Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:23:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is ICO period long?  (Read 2257 times)
saycryptohello

Activity: 574
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 11:13:52 PM

many times I heard about the fact that the longer the period of holding the ICO, the more likely that the project will fail
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
EmmanCryp

Activity: 471
Merit: 10

QUUBE — First&Only Quantum Resistant Ecosystem

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 11:23:43 PM

Normally any ICO have their predetermined period of time for the ICO to last like 1 month or 2 months. Any extended period after this means that the ICO have not raised the soft cap but don't want to cancel the ICO, so they have to extend the ICO

┈┈┈┈┈ QUUBE ┈┈┈┈┈
First & Only Quantum Resistant Ecosystem
┈┈┈┈┈ MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM ┈┈┈┈┈
Pamplelune

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

WAWLLET - World’s first multi-asset wallet

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 11:31:27 PM

This is a question I ask myself all the time that why do so many ICOs usually take so long period of time before they are  finally over. Some ICOs could go for long period of time as long as 6 months and 7 months thereabout. Does it mean the longer the period of ICO the better the rewards? Does that long period of time really mean I will have better profits either as a bounty hunter or an investor? I need some clarification and probably some  advise as a newbie to ICO bounty.

Some ICOs take a month, some take about half a year, it really depends on ICO goals and strategy.
Because at the end of the day ICO founders should provide the final product, blockchain, masternode etc., otherwise the price of their token will stay in shitzone forever.  Wink

linhlinh1920

Activity: 102
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 09:31:55 AM

Usually, the ico that has a long period aims to get great results because the promotion can maximally. ICO period is long because they want to collect more money. If they won't reach their softcap, ICO's can take long times  about 6-7 months or maybe more.
smithnumberone1

Activity: 93

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 04:52:53 PM

I think it's because the ICO project wants to get bigger fund as you know that there's ton of new ICOs today so it's hard to reach the hardcap for an ICO. The market condition is also the other reason for an ICO to extend the tokensale.
Ipwich

Activity: 1050
Merit: 529

Student Coin

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 01:17:02 AM

I think it's because the ICO project wants to get bigger fund as you know that there's ton of new ICOs today so it's hard to reach the hardcap for an ICO. The market condition is also the other reason for an ICO to extend the tokensale.
They run the ICO and all their decision is for the best and the success of the ICO.
If I am one of the investors and I see that the amount raise is not decent, I would agree to extend the period of ICO.
Sometimes, even how good the project but if it was done during the bearish market, it will be hard to raise money at this time.

STUDENTCOIN

Powered by,
hot_ads

Activity: 299
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 01:52:53 AM

Many teams may want to promote their projects or improve their development, but it may also be responsible to investors. Cry Cry

Omojo

Activity: 33

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2018, 01:54:25 AM

The period has always been long because they really need to reach their soft cap. Reaching softcap is not as easy as we may think. Proper awareness has to be done and that process on it's own is a long one.
Jaggi90
Copper Member

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 02:04:52 AM

ICO period is the period in which the project team focuses on marketing campaigns through social sites such as Facebook , telegram , Twitter. Through this , people come to know about the project and show their interest by investing in these coins. All this job can't be completed in short time. So that's why , ICO period is long.
louis sean

Activity: 86

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 02:09:10 AM

I think ICO period is too long because the team and advisers are thinking new ideas on how to improve their projects or they don't have enough investors to conclude their ICO.
fakegurutu

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 02:13:53 AM

This is a question I ask myself all the time that why do so many ICOs usually take so long period of time before they are  finally over. Some ICOs could go for long period of time as long as 6 months and 7 months thereabout. Does it mean the longer the period of ICO the better the rewards? Does that long period of time really mean I will have better profits either as a bounty hunter or an investor? I need some clarification and probably some  advise as a newbie to ICO bounty.

Having a high rewards in a bounty that has a long period of time of ICO depends on how much fund they have accumulated during the pre ico sales, main ico sales and also the private sales. If they were able to reach the hard cap, then theres a bigger possibility that the rewards for any of the bounty hunters were also high and probably profitable.
erichall

Activity: 350
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 02:16:25 AM

I have noticed that icos and bounties are much longer than they used to be. I think this is likely because icos aren't as popular as they used to be and they no longer sell out immediately.
Bagani

Activity: 375
Merit: 18

send & receive money instantly,w/out hidden costs

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 02:19:44 AM

Why dont you pick ICO whic range is 1 month - 2months. It our power to decide which ICO or bounty we will choose. Why are you leaving in a world can give free money. Effort and time can make monthly income. Even no investment and trading funds. Bounties is there all around so wisely pick the program you can take even so long. Join without hesitation, even in bounty, take the risk

Jezren

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 02:22:11 AM

It is not easy to reach the target they need for a month.They need to advertise and build up the project to the community first, this way they can gain trust to its future investors.Mostly those who reached the hardcap that only takes a weeks are those hype ICO's and don't expect a high bounty rewards since it is hype lots of bounty participants will join.I like those ICO's and bounties that takes months with limited participants and strict implementation in bounty program they give decent rewards compared to a hype one cause lots of cheaters joining their campaign.
komawei

Activity: 92

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 06:17:16 AM

It is not easy to reach the target they need for a month.They need to advertise and build up the project to the community first, this way they can gain trust to its future investors.Mostly those who reached the hardcap that only takes a weeks are those hype ICO's and don't expect a high bounty rewards since it is hype lots of bounty participants will join.I like those ICO's and bounties that takes months with limited participants and strict implementation in bounty program they give decent rewards compared to a hype one cause lots of cheaters joining their campaign.
Especially at this time, more and more people choose to wait and see, because the market is in the doldrums, and no one wants their investment to be in trouble.
donadoni212

Activity: 456
Merit: 100

Borderless Mobile Finance Marketplace

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 06:32:39 AM

the goal of ICO is to achieve the funds needed to build their project, no matter how long the ICO is but their goal is to achieve a hard Cap.
what are the benefits to the bounty hunters, of course you will get great stake if you follow the ICO bounty singnature, because the stake calculation is the week so you will get a considerable reward.

Nilupulie

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 06:52:41 AM

The main reason for longer ICO is to achieve the hard cap of the project and they need some time for marketing activities. Normally they take bounty hunters for this marketing promotions and needs some weeks for this. Usually i do not like the longer period of ICO's and i choose to do shorter time projects. These days there is a good bounty campaign called "Eloncity" and you also can participate by clicking this link >> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4443361
idex100

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 06:55:16 AM

Some ICOs take a very long time to grow their ideas or to grow their supporting community and thus cash.A project that has enough of its stuffs ready and enough momentum to raise cash normally will not take much time.
matico

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 06:59:53 AM

The development of a product and services is an econimic activities. Economic activities is not like pizza that you could just make in a matter of minute!  There must be value created,;added and accepted before any product or services can be viable for business!

Aliya Taj

Activity: 226

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 07:31:54 AM

ICO periods are long because its takes time to raise the required amount to finance certain projects, this of course depends on the project needs . If the amount of money needed is not reached then there are chances that the ICO periods will be longer.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: