Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:27:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is ICO period long?  (Read 2257 times)
ShareAccepted

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

Victorieum Digital Wallet Revolution

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 11:29:05 PM

It is more difficult to find financing for new projects on a bear market, yet still the best projects are doing well and will succeed in financing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sab11

Activity: 524
Merit: 100

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 11:34:02 PM

This is a question I ask myself all the time that why do so many ICOs usually take so long period of time before they are  finally over. Some ICOs could go for long period of time as long as 6 months and 7 months thereabout. Does it mean the longer the period of ICO the better the rewards? Does that long period of time really mean I will have better profits either as a bounty hunter or an investor? I need some clarification and probably some  advise as a newbie to ICO bounty.

ICO(initial coin offering) is one of the most needed for one project here in btt because of ICO one project becomes better and strong, ICO takes so long period of time? Theres alot of factors affect the period of time of one ICO, maybe there hardcap is veryhuge to reach, maybe there investors is not enough theres alot of factors, my advice to you is be patient when doing bountycampaign, its takes long period of time but very worth it.

► EzyStayz ◄ ♦ A Global Holiday Rental Platform Powered by Crypto ♦ ► EzyStayz ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Facebook|Telegram|Instagram|Youtube
allezbitcoin

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 11:41:10 PM

If I think a long period of ico, aiming to find investors that many in accordance with the target that has been planned. So a long period in an ico project is a natural thing and that is very good.

retnoanjani

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2018, 11:56:48 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2018, 12:23:07 AM by retnoanjani

Lately, ICOs last much longer than normal, because of the bad market. No one is willing to invest in ICOs in this market and many projects postpone ICOs and prolong the ICO period. When the bull market begins, their period will be shorter in my opinion.
I agree. It is very risky if you invest in a red market situation like this. Investors must be very careful. Due to the slow market response, the duration of ICO also tends to adjust to convince investors and reach their funding targets.

amaydel

Activity: 448

DOMINIUM - Decentralised property platform

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 12:14:57 AM

Not all ICO takes a long period of time to end and you might be wondering why is that really happening. ICO tends to extend their timeframe especially when their target soft cap is not achieved. On the other hand, bounty hunters are the ones who are directly affected with that because as the ICO is prolonged, the bounty rewards will getting smaller and smaller too.

D O M I N I U M      │    PRE-ITO WHITELIST is OPEN   [ REGISTER NOW ]    │        WHITEPAPER 
Decentralised, regulated, property financing, property listing and property management platform
♦     ANN THREAD     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     YOUTUBE     MEDIUM     LINKEDIN     INSTAGRAM     ♦
reality18

Activity: 938
Merit: 14

Earn more with Earn Network

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 12:18:17 AM

ICO period are sometimes categorized into phases with different bonuses and as such takes a longer period of time. The period is normally widened in order to reach more investors through the bounty advertisement and other means.
MaxKor

Activity: 117
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 12:35:34 AM

I think that when ICOs take long time they lose interest to their ico, also when ico can't raise funds fast they probably will not have enough demand on exchanges.
jayco25

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 12:46:34 AM

This is a question I ask myself all the time that why do so many ICOs usually take so long period of time before they are  finally over. Some ICOs could go for long period of time as long as 6 months and 7 months thereabout. Does it mean the longer the period of ICO the better the rewards? Does that long period of time really mean I will have better profits either as a bounty hunter or an investor? I need some clarification and probably some  advise as a newbie to ICO bounty.

The reward depend of bounty hunters depends on number of participants and budget. Regarding long period of ICO some project need enough time in terms of processing documents and marketing. ICO's need also need to contact/negotiate with their target investors. Good example is OPEN Platform they run almost 9 months bounty and the result they did not run crowdsale because they are already over subscribed coming from private investors. The fact that need good marketing strategy why they need enough time.

#Support Vanig
CFXAY

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 01:23:49 AM

The ICO is long because they want to collect funds to the upper limit. When a project has more funds, the more things can be done.
PolyAlpha

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 01:53:44 AM

Well, there are several factors. There's the development, the movement of the team behind it, and of course, the fundraising part including the soft and hard cap values, which is where the heavy marketing goes. All of these contribute to the length of an ICO. As for whether the length affects the rewards, not necessarily.
ungongbuotan

Activity: 290
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 01:59:22 AM

With the current number of ico launching everyday it is expected to have a high competition. That is the main reason for ico period becoming too long. Most of these ico are aiming to reach soft cap and some even aiming for the hard cap. With many ico launching the competition becomes tough and makes it harder to reach the caps. That is why ico period become long and some even being extended.
ablebj

Activity: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 02:15:38 AM

I think the ICO takes long for the target set by the project managers to be met. The longer or shorter the ICO does not determine how much you earn as a bounty hunter. What determine your earning in a bounty campaign is the platform you use and the number of participants in it.
lovepetcute1983

Activity: 89

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 06:35:09 AM

Yes, ICO recently tended to extend campaign time. Some delay issues from devs or the most important reason are the bad market conditions for selling the tokens. That affects the process of raising funds for their projects. Therefore, to ensure the process of ico and investors peace of mind. They often have the idea of ​​extending the time to sell the token and the bounty campaign.
hanadaya

Activity: 294
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 06:48:08 AM

If I think some ICO depends on what market conditions if they go down they have to go in at the right time to their investors. For a long time, the team behind Ico wanted their previously promoted project to bring in more hype. Because it takes a long time for investors to buy it in the absence of uniqueness.
zaizaiqa

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 06:50:16 AM

It is depend on their team, the more time they sell, more fund they get.
Also, prepare for their project.
nik9990

Activity: 616

First Islamic Crypto Exchange

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 07:11:21 AM

it all depends on the campaign conditions, basically there is a certain percentage of tokens that is paid to the participants regardless of the duration of the crowdsdale

Maheshkumar_Hrangkhawl

Activity: 600
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 07:17:56 AM

There is no point in extending the ICO period beyond one or two months. Those who want to invest will make their moves within that period. If you extend it for 6 or 12 months, then the investors will lose their patience.
itnawn8z888

Activity: 65

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 11:23:02 AM

I think it's natural that ICO takes a long time, because if it's only done 1 month then they will not reach the hard cap target even that is over they are extending back their token sales
MFY151

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 11:25:33 AM

I think because it is necessary to gather as much funds as they can to support their projects just like kickstarter company does. ICO utilize the campaign period to hire bounty hunters to promote their projects and give early bird investors perks and bonuses.

cointorox  
✓   Your Digital Piggy Bank Cryptocurrency, Simplified. ✓   
────────  Website ⬝  Facebook ⬝   Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Medium ────────
catsmile

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 11:37:11 AM

Because finishing a project is not easy. During the ICO, they will use the money of the investors to complete the project. In addition, some projects do not call investors as fast as expected, so they will extend the time
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: