Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 06:41:23 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is ICO period long?  (Read 2263 times)
JohnWick_Bitcoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 07:29:04 AM

This is a question I ask myself all the time that why do so many ICOs usually take so long period of time before they are  finally over. Some ICOs could go for long period of time as long as 6 months and 7 months thereabout. Does it mean the longer the period of ICO the better the rewards? Does that long period of time really mean I will have better profits either as a bounty hunter or an investor? I need some clarification and probably some  advise as a newbie to ICO bounty.

Starting a business is not that easy plus they need more investors so it will really takes time for them in order to become successful, you can always check the platform on their road map to understand why it takes too long.
tomotao55

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 04:00:00 PM

Everything is simple enough. Because the whole process of forming a team, promoting the project, attracting more developers and a good team of advertisers takes a long time. Still need to participate in conferences, seminars, and attracting large investors. A good strong project can be formed in 8-12 months, and in the end you will receive a very large profit. In the meantime, expect the growth of the project in which you invest, you can participate in the advertising of other projects.
mimota160

Activity: 24

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 06:07:40 AM

One of the problems of the ICOs is marketing. With both SCAM and people have stopped confirming in many projects. That's why it's hard to raise capital for a token.
mine2slow

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 09:57:50 AM

fraudulent project in this case will be twice as long to collect money in order to then simply slip away with them...
yurenchuang7125

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 09:59:53 AM

Usually ico is very long, because the sales are not good, but some ico ends very quickly, because of good sales.

There may be many reasons, but for me, projects that don't have public sales are the best.
owlman

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:15:41 AM

There is always a risk not to receive a reward with participation in bounty companies, but to participate in them for such a long time, the risk increases, since you can lose more than you can earn. Because, during this time you can participate in 2 or 3 bounty companies, and get a chance to get a reward - it will grow. Personally, my opinion.

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
george_crypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:20:19 AM

I saw some member don't like long period bounties, ICOs. But I prefer those, it is easy to follow and sometimes less participants because lack of quick money opportunity.
fosco333

Activity: 1260

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:25:27 AM

This is a question I ask myself all the time that why do so many ICOs usually take so long period of time before they are  finally over. Some ICOs could go for long period of time as long as 6 months and 7 months thereabout. Does it mean the longer the period of ICO the better the rewards? Does that long period of time really mean I will have better profits either as a bounty hunter or an investor? I need some clarification and probably some  advise as a newbie to ICO bounty.

Not all ICO are long, there are some ICO that hold only 1 month. The long ICO maybe because they didn't achieved their softcap yet, so they make it long.
but ICO should not run for long because it could giving the investor doubt or fear about the legality of the ICO project.

chipzeru

Activity: 686
Merit: 39

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:26:13 AM

I think it's because the ICO project wants to get bigger fund as you know that there's ton of new ICOs today so it's hard to reach the hardcap for an ICO. The market condition is also the other reason for an ICO to extend the tokensale. But some ICOs managed to reach the hardcap very quick like Daostack and Merculet.
Jizel

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:32:14 AM

In my opinion, now a lot of companies can not get the budget, which they originally planned, because the market is very unstable, there are many benches. Investors are afraid to invest money. Therefore, ICO companies extend the term of advertising to collect exactly the amount that is needed to implement the project.
ELE.ZYK

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:51:31 PM

Most of the time, ICO, for a long time, did not meet the anticipated fundraising situation, so it would be delayed.
lovemsngr

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 02:22:29 PM

Why for a long time? I think that if you try to raise money in another way, it will take much longer. ICO also helps to save money that project’s team would have to give for the advertisement.
Apple4myCat

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 02:31:39 PM

This means that some projects are very well prepared. For example - EOS - more than a year, Arkona more than 4 months exactly, Luckchemy - at least 3 months.

But this is not an indicator. Depends on the number of team members, the difficulty in implementing project.
warialien7

Activity: 123

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 02:35:36 PM

Since most of the ico are not very attractive to me, because there are not too many investors and the amount of investment is not so great, so they can not achieve the expected goals in a short time, so they have to use long cycles to complete the financing.
Eugenar

Activity: 1274
Merit: 278

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 02:45:46 PM

Maybe that is because of the stages within an ICO. usually, ICO includes pre-sale and crowdsale. These segments are what making ICO to take a period of time to end. But although ICO do usually last for a month, that perios of time contributes to the project itself in order to be successful in the future. So investors and bounty participants are the ones who need to adjust and to be patient.
mathiaslivis

Activity: 139

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 04:30:24 PM

I don't think the longer the ICO is, the better the return is. There are some projects that may not be so popular with investors. The longer the ICO is, the longer it will help them to complete the task. I rarely sign up for ICO's bounty for more than three months.
Kemileye

Activity: 573
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 04:36:53 PM

As a bounty hunter, the longer the ICO the smaller the return because if an ICO finish within a short period of time, then you should expect a better reward but if the ICO is too long then the reward will be peanut. As for the investors, some ICOs deliberately extend their ICO end date because they didn't raise enough fund. In a nutshell, long period of ICO doesn't have any good return for investors because investors may even lose interest.

Oikos.cash      Decentralized Finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
     github  ◥ telegram   ◥ twitter   ◥ discord            synthetic asset trading  
                             ❱❱❱   JOIN OIKOS   ❰❰❰                     trustless token exchange  
blazsqd

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 07:48:08 PM

The reason for the long ICO period is due to building a stronger project and reaching it hard. Over time the name of the project and its plans become extraordinary in investors and society.
If there is enough funds, this will accelerate much of the progress for the ICO project. Ico period is equal to the bounty period so if it takes too long it can take more crypto users to join the project and after a while it became a success one.
the1arty

Activity: 756
Merit: 259

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 07:51:54 PM

This is a question I ask myself all the time that why do so many ICOs usually take so long period of time before they are  finally over. Some ICOs could go for long period of time as long as 6 months and 7 months thereabout. Does it mean the longer the period of ICO the better the rewards? Does that long period of time really mean I will have better profits either as a bounty hunter or an investor? I need some clarification and probably some  advise as a newbie to ICO bounty.

Well, that is a real issue to be true. Roughly one year ago, or even half year ago ICO's was 30 days, then it became 45,60 days and now way more than that, could be even up to 6 months. As there are so many ICO's, so most of it becomes long-term investments, even if you are contributing to a good project.
yuser_network

Activity: 57

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 08:05:54 PM

The length of the ICO probably also factors in the teams marketing budget and ability to go with a quick ICO or not.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: