Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:50:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is ICO period long?  (Read 2257 times)
d2dd

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 10:31:26 AM

The thing is that they need to get people interested and it might take time for people to notice the project and start putting money into it. That is why they let enough time for the ico so enough people can get enough time to see the project and decide if they will invest in it or not invest and as we all know that developing a platform may be take some time get a full operational mode of the platform.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mimota156

Activity: 39

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 02:13:42 PM

Every ICO team members make sure they set a roadmap. The ICO period depends on the roadmap that they have. They make sure they set a roadmap that will favor the whole process and make it successful.
Cocoincos

Activity: 700
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 02:15:36 PM

I really don't understand why some projects do so long period for ICO because on the success it doesn't have any influence, maybe they think in such way to reach hard cap?
Diablesfunis

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 02:16:30 PM

They want to collect as much as they can to fund the project in long term so that's why the period is long but they are wrong about that, If they do the marketing right and advertise their project to the right audience then they don't need a long time to reach their hardcap. I know some projects that reach the hardcap in less than 1 week, they advertise their project right and they only collect enough money, not greedy like most projects do.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
arkawa040

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 02:18:02 PM

This is a question I ask myself all the time that why do so many ICOs usually take so long period of time before they are  finally over. Some ICOs could go for long period of time as long as 6 months and 7 months thereabout. Does it mean the longer the period of ICO the better the rewards? Does that long period of time really mean I will have better profits either as a bounty hunter or an investor? I need some clarification and probably some  advise as a newbie to ICO bounty.

in my practice, it was the opposite the shorter the bounty company the greater the reward, excellent projects quickly raise funds, and those who for half a year slowly raise funds, and my opinion is that they are now pulling specifically rubber because of the fact that the market is at the bottom, they have collected 7000 Ethereum e there is a difference
FrosDiamond

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 02:21:59 PM

every ico is different, maybe why ico long because it depends on the creator of the project and also maybe because the investor or the devotees less so prolong the time to be long.
M00nlander

Activity: 59

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 02:28:16 PM

This is a question I ask myself all the time that why do so many ICOs usually take so long period of time before they are  finally over. Some ICOs could go for long period of time as long as 6 months and 7 months thereabout. Does it mean the longer the period of ICO the better the rewards? Does that long period of time really mean I will have better profits either as a bounty hunter or an investor? I need some clarification and probably some  advise as a newbie to ICO bounty.

Bounties all work differently and need different amounts of time to spread the word of their project, build a community etc. so depending on strategy some have a short ICO, others have a very long ICO (think EOS for example). It depends on the project's requirements, but does not mean the longer the ICO the better the rewards necessarily at all. The length just affects how long you will be hodling for!!

Thefrolly

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 04:54:18 PM

It's a pretty easy explanation for that. The longer the ICO period the more the projects are able to gather money. So it's pretty obvious that the projects are going to try to extend their ICO period as much as they can. Also many projects try to do as much development work as they can during this period.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
malahivet930

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 04:57:06 PM

ICOs last a long time because they aim to reach the hard cap or at least get close to this goal and this is a difficult task, even more so with the bearish market
florianuhlemann

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 05:26:14 PM

I believe that not every good ICO can explain to its investors that it is really good. It takes time for that to happen. I know a lot of those who have raised money for a very long time, but still well rewarded and investors and those who perform Bounty. but often, if so long Ico is prolonged once again-this is bad. The priority should be on the short ICO
KocaEfe

Activity: 346
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 05:47:30 PM

I do not see a constant pattern in the fact that the price depends on the period. No, rather on the quality of the product depends on its price. On what exchange it will appear and will be traded, that's what the price depends on. There are such ICOS that are engaged in the product and not going to the exchange for speculation. That's right.
lamadu3

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 06:04:45 PM

Investors are tired of investing in shitty ICO. Good projects collect the right amount for a short period of time. Bounty hunters can spend a lot of time, but the payment will not increase.
Master_Obi1

Activity: 119

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 07:19:33 PM

I think ICO developers want to raise as much money as they can, thats why ICO period long. Investors can invest into the project by purchasing the tokens which have been generated.

VECAP                                                                                                    ◾ WHITEPAPER   ◾ bitcointalk   ◾ medium   
NEXT GENERATION OF   |   By protecting the links between each device and uniting all smart homes in a decentralised
             SMART HOME   |   network, VECAP safeguards all private information against malicious actors.  |  ❱❱❱ JOIN ❰❰❰
Dexit

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 10:05:47 PM

Its not easy, but why not? More money will be collected by the project, the probability of a good profit is higher
Neutrality

Activity: 532
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 10:12:12 PM

In my opinion, the more days ICO goes the worse it is. Just remember ICOs of really good projects. their ICOs raised money just in few hours. So when ICO needs to take more time? only if there are not so much investors.
smile226688

Activity: 114

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 09:51:30 AM

it's not all ico who do their sales in a period that can be said long enough, there are some ico that only run for less than a month and there is less than one week all of their token allocation is sold out, so its core all depends on investor interest against whether or not good ico project
thamvii111

Activity: 66

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 03:08:55 PM

The fact is that the crypto market has been very very bad recently and as such many ICOs suffer to make it even to their soft cap. In the end, what happens is that they'd have to increase the time period for the ICO to cover up for more investors to get interested. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't.
Luckyji

Activity: 166
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 10:33:23 PM

well to me i think what keeps the ICO so long is when the ico is not reach the manager of the program keeps it till he or she make sure the reach soft cap and the soft cap is reach the bounty will end so it takes long because the soft cap is not reach.
kasturi

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 11:22:09 PM

can not be told also for an ICO that the old period will be better the rewards, all depending on the purpose of the ICO project is made. usually there is also an ICO that has not reached softcap when the sale will re-add the time long enough and the rewards are in get can say not appropriate. but if the ICO has a good vision and mission and can be successful despite the long period can also be the rewards are in getting bigger and better. it depends on yourself to determine in order to gain profit, because I think bounty hunter can also be considered as an investor and both can provide benefits if you are really careful in choosing the ICO that will follow
rukawa101

Activity: 93

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 11:49:01 PM

Because they try to get their hard cap or near the funds they want and nowadays it's really hard to convince someone to trust and invest in your project so it takes time to convince them and get the fundings
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: