Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:11:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is ICO period long?  (Read 2257 times)
pwndyu

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 08:57:46 PM

Recently, I join the bounty campaign, where the term of the bounty, and hence the ICO, no more than 6 weeks. I think this time is enough to determine how attractive the project to investors. The rest is water casting.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Troysen

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 08:59:57 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2018, 10:55:56 AM by Troysen

It doesn't necessarily mean that the longer the ICO the better it gets, if the project is poor it will remain poor all through, and will make no difference no matter how long it takes. It however takes time to  raise the targeted amount of money needed for the ICO or realize the target sales hence the length of time taken. some times the pathway of the plan is designed in such a way that that every detail is taken into consideration thus taking a lot of time to fullfil
justine11

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:12:18 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2018, 11:25:33 PM by justine11

the reason why ICO period runs very is, they have to reach their goal to collect eth or bitcoin as much as they can to provide funds in their project. you have to buy their tokens as the price of their ICO although it is very risky since the devs will run away if you invest on scam ICOS.
jahepahit

Activity: 866

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:23:48 PM

not all ico have a very long duration, it all depends on the interest of investors if ico has a very long duration it means very rarely interested investors so that all tokens are very difficult to sell .. but if many investors are interested then all tokens will be exhausted sold with a very short time..if ico duration is old but unsuccessful then you do not get anything but if ico long and reach hardcap it gives you chance to get many advantages

ilovefeetsmell

Activity: 686
Merit: 510

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:30:52 PM

This is a question I ask myself all the time that why do so many ICOs usually take so long period of time before they are  finally over. Some ICOs could go for long period of time as long as 6 months and 7 months thereabout. Does it mean the longer the period of ICO the better the rewards? Does that long period of time really mean I will have better profits either as a bounty hunter or an investor? I need some clarification and probably some  advise as a newbie to ICO bounty.

How long you took in ICO, it is the same in the short period of time of one ICO. The longer running of an ICO the worst thing they would have, why? As a bounty hunters, it is not good at all because it will decrease the money allocation with a lot of bounty participants. Of course they want to join if the ICO soft cap reached. The rewards you can get will lessen for about 30% or less than 30%.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████▀▀      ▀▀▀██████████████████
█████████▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄▄▄▄  ▄██▀▀     ▀▀████████
███████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄████████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀▀█████
██████   ▄█████████▄████████▀  ▄▄█████████▄   ████
█████   ▄█████████████████▀  ▄██████████████▄▄▄███
██            ██████████▀  ▄██████████████████████
█████   ▀█████████████▀  ▄██████████████████▀▀▀███
██████   ▀█████████▀▀  ▄████████▀█████████▀   ████
███████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄████████▀    ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▄█████
█████████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀  ▀▀▀▀   ▄▄▄      ▄▄████████
████████████████████▄▄▄     ▄▄████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
.Ethernity CLOUD.

...DECENTRALIZED CONFIDENTIAL COMPUTING...PUBLIC SALE Q3 2021.....REGISTER HERE..
granchio

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:32:58 PM

Although the prices are really suitable to buy the tokens in ico terms, people trust more less the icos for now. And I think this is making the ico period more long.
girirohit957

Activity: 76

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:34:26 PM

Because icos with long lock-in period will impact the maket with their project , instead of jsut hype fomo they work on project , it take time really long time (sometimes it take 1 year or more ) , and some of the ico give rewards to their investors for lock-in period it's great too ,
longergou

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:37:43 PM

Because most ico are not very attractive, there are not many investors and the investment amount is not great,so they cannot reach their expected goals in a short period of time, so they have to use a long cycle to complete their financing,

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
Pasnik

Activity: 649
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:38:51 PM

When the team have an Ico a lot of lists could meet the expectation of their project. Ico takes long to finish it because of did not meet the hard cap of their project. As we know all Ico's has it's goal soft cap and hard cap once investors contributes and they raise huge funds they can finished the Ico. Their is an allocation for bounty rewards to all participants so we cannot say the longer the ico the better rewards.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Tashi

Activity: 391
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:39:03 PM

One word, timing. People who arw working on that project are speculating if the ico would be great if they will held the ico at 4th quarter or so. And it takes a lot of process and effort to have ico projects.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
jpnl0003

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:39:33 PM

the major reasons why ico period gets long is to enable the project team gather enough funds sufficient enough for them to meet their target and not disappoint the investors that have already contributed their own quota both in finance and in resources that are insubstantial
KeithBeeCham

Activity: 252
Merit: 22

Marketplace for sensor data

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:43:13 PM

I think you may be mistaken elsewhere or be involved in an uncertain time ICO project. Because the ICO projects I join usually last only 3 to 4 months. Moreover, after the Token sale end for about one month, the Token will be distributed to the wallet to make a profit, so I think you should refer to the ICO project carefully before joining in the name of investment as well as bounty member.

flying_bit

Activity: 434
Merit: 9

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:46:58 PM

some ICO project only have ideas and team when they launch the project thus it takes time for them to end the ICO since there's still a lot to do including planning and marketing. Plus some have hard time to get investor and partnership so it takes really time to not just sell the token/coin but the project itself.

But there are some project that have short period of ICO coz they already have working products and partnership/investor that they just need to introduce the project to people in order to be trade example of this is DragonCoin.

Other project have no ICO at all and just giveaway/airdrop token so people can have them for trading purposes and to have active users/tester of the product like organic token, Hydro and Kryptono.

Reality is the only thing that is real.
Dread

Activity: 315
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:49:39 PM

This is a question I ask myself all the time that why do so many ICOs usually take so long period of time before they are  finally over. Some ICOs could go for long period of time as long as 6 months and 7 months thereabout. Does it mean the longer the period of ICO the better the rewards? Does that long period of time really mean I will have better profits either as a bounty hunter or an investor? I need some clarification and probably some  advise as a newbie to ICO bounty.

is it normal period for creating of mass of followers and announcmens for many peoples about they project.

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
Blackhammer321

Activity: 400
Merit: 59

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:51:50 PM

A lot of ICOs in the market that judt got released esoecially those that are not that highly anticipated by people would make their token sale longer because doing so, enables them to maximize the amount of investors that may potentially purchase tokens into them. Bounty programs for most ICOs depends on stakes, not to how long the the ICO period is. But some ICO follows this principle.
Manc89

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:52:30 PM

ICO period last longer because the Dev Team want to reach their hard cap, which will enable them execute their project as a result of this they set a long time to achieve it. But the truth is that many good projects always hit their hard cap before the time: example is TRAXIA which ICO is schedule to end June 2  2018. announce that the ICO will end today may 8 2018 due to recent spike in contribution.
So i can say that the project that extend their token sale and again extend is the project that does not have good future.
Its like unconfident and unprepare project and not responsible to their early customers who wait for the token sale finish.
eriwis

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:07:22 AM

To the best of my knowledge, for rewards already set out at the beginning when we will register as participants.
And from the few that I follow I usually choose a campaign period is not too long, which is about 4-8 weeks.
Endank

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:13:01 AM

Some of the ico that extended its campaign period, usually provide additional rewards for the bounty hunter.
But I think the magnitude of the prize is certainly influenced by the number of campaign participants.
And it seems like it will not be different for investors to profit opportunities on all ico.
7Pro

Activity: 179

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:22:28 AM

It doesn't necessarily mean that the longer the ICO the better it gets, if the project is poor it will remain poor all through, and will make no difference no matter how long it takes. It however takes time to  raise the targeted amount of money needed for the ICO or realize the target sales hence the length of time taken
I get yours is the long time does not remain that the project will reach their goal but its seems like the project shows its weakness.
If the token sale hold for longer or even exted again and again to get their goal, but in other side investors will think that the project is inconsistent so we need to stay away from this project.
ifanxu

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:35:30 AM

Usually the ICO takes a long time because they want to reach the hard cap. If there is sufficient funds, it will accelerate much progress for an ICO project.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: