Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:22:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is ICO period long?  (Read 2257 times)
ven7net

Activity: 1946
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 04:45:55 PM

It's hard to say for sure how best. Most likely, you need to think here not about the duration of ico, but about whether it will not be a benches or not collecting a sufficient amount - soft cap. If ico passes a long time, then this is not always good, usually it is due to the fact that the fees are bad. If ico is successful, the fees can be completed in just a few hours. As for the recommendations, here I would like to advise you to choose ico with the right product or service and with a professional team. For example, I now participate in ico Remme. It was in him that I saw three main components: a product, a team and a token that is already traded on stock exchanges. But the choice is always just for you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Msile

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 05:38:55 PM

ICO periods are long so that they can collect as much money as possible. Just look at EOS ICO which ran so long and collected billions of dollars worth of Ethereum. Frankly speaking investing in ICOs in current markets doesn't makes any sense. Why invest at such an early stage of a coin and wait for so long to see any returns.
dress

Activity: 439
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 11:38:54 AM

I think that in general there are no ways how to limit the ICO of the campaign in time, because the duration of the ICO depends also how much you can collect...
thomas26

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 04:10:51 AM

There is no way, because the bounty thread is just a channel for promotion.
Then, when they end the ICO crowd funding, they will consider distributing the bounty.
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 04:25:32 AM

This is a question I ask myself all the time that why do so many ICOs usually take so long period of time before they are  finally over. Some ICOs could go for long period of time as long as 6 months and 7 months thereabout. Does it mean the longer the period of ICO the better the rewards? Does that long period of time really mean I will have better profits either as a bounty hunter or an investor? I need some clarification and probably some  advise as a newbie to ICO bounty.

The length of the ico has nothing to do with what kind of profits you are going to get as an investor, however the long period of the ico is going to have an effect in the amount of tokens you get out of the bounty campaign, a campaign that is short and in which you have been part from the very beginning will give you great profits but a long campaign gives the chance to more people to join and that reduces your profits.
linkHA

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 04:26:53 AM

I don't think the longer ICO lasts, the better. On the contrary, I think the longer ICO lasts, the greater the risk.
Because most people don't understand the project, the longer it lasts, the less likely they are to see it.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
berytry

Activity: 280
Merit: 18

@berytry

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 04:32:58 AM

I think easy, to collect investors can not in a short time, takes a long time. so in my opinion it is reasonable why ICO ico period is very long
phuognz999

Activity: 99

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 04:07:44 AM

For me I feel the longer the ICO the lesser the reward, this because the longer the ICO last the more people join the ICO, and many people into ICO bounty accumulates stakes which will be shared among all members. So for me I prefer bounty with short period of time.
phuognz999

Activity: 99

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 04:08:30 AM

the old ICO time of course there are many things that influence it. the most likely is, the need for preparation to run the project. of course a good ICO project is not a hurry project, but it should be full of careful preparation. and anything else could be affected by the slow sales. or it could be because of the others. Smiley Smiley
fakmee

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 04:30:07 AM

I think it's natural that ICO takes a long time, because if it's only done 1 month then they will not reach the hard cap target even that is over they are extending back their token sales
not all of them are so, because I have also joined a project whose ICO is only done for a month and it can reach hardcap. and it happens when the market is in good condition
ngocnga0051

Activity: 86

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 02:47:28 PM

A longer period of ICO means more collected money. Often campaigns abuse this way of fundraising. Possible with time to develop a new concept of fundraising that will give scammers less opportunities.
Neutrality

Activity: 532
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 11:03:36 PM

It is quite simple. Every ISO wishes to obtain as much money as possible and sometimes it is not that easy. So if you meet the long ICO there is a very high probability that they cannot collect enough sum for them.
konomi

Activity: 112
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:23:25 PM

First of all, it takes a long time to sell products and raise funds. Some commodities need to be recognized by people. You need a lot of advertising and marketing methods! And under normal circumstances, the amount of funds raised by ICO is very large!

Data✘chain | Blockchain Based Decentralized Data Trade Service
http://dataxchain.org/ico/main/
asepsetiawan1990

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:25:45 PM

ICO is a long process. Because ICO requires preparation and good strategy to achieve satisfactory results. As well as the ICO Team must have a strategy that is in accordance with the circumstances and flexible
alexberezov

Activity: 462
Merit: 290

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 03:32:31 PM

ICO is a long process. Because ICO requires preparation and good strategy to achieve satisfactory results. As well as the ICO Team must have a strategy that is in accordance with the circumstances and flexible
The ICO period lasts a long time, in order to raise as much money as possible to realize its mission. This is more than logical
thuthi7

Activity: 81

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 03:01:01 PM

One of the problems of the ICOs is marketing. With both SCAM and people have stopped confirming in many projects. That's why it's hard to raise capital for a token.
altcoinhunter01

Activity: 840
Merit: 40

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 03:48:39 PM

Market conditions are not favorable for ICO as market is very volatile in last 3 months and many ICO are not able to reach their target in time and they are extending their ICO period to achieve their expected targets. Some ICO's failed due to these market conditions as many investors value down heavily due to high volatility nowadays and they are afraiding to invest in new ICO.

TheFaustFlick.com
»   Executive Produce a Comedy Film   «
✦ ────────  Facebook TwitterBountyTelegram  ──────── ✦
Thing thing

Activity: 59

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 03:55:52 PM

Usually, the ico that has a long period aims to get great results because the promotion can maximally. ICO period is long because they want to collect more money. If they won't reach their softcap, ICO's can take long times  about 6-7 months or maybe more.
chaser15
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 03:58:29 PM

Market conditions are not favorable for ICO as market is very volatile in last 3 months and many ICO are not able to reach their target in time and they are extending their ICO period to achieve their expected targets. Some ICO's failed due to these market conditions as many investors value down heavily due to high volatility nowadays and they are afraiding to invest in new ICO.

Yes true. That's why as everyone also noticed, some bounty programs even paused their campaign due to the fact that the ICO is not productive.

Because of that negative result to the previous ICO's they invested, a doubt now grows to their mind if they will still continue to invest in any ICO. But again, it's not forever. For me, an ICO should just trust their process and show everyone that they can withstand the negative impact of bad market conditions.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
hiburak

Activity: 1655
Merit: 600

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 04:01:08 PM

The short answer is most icos intend to raise as much as they can. It takes time to build hype, reach out to new investors, make some progress in the development and partnerships.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: