Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:38:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is ICO period long?  (Read 2257 times)
DamilolaB

Activity: 313
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:30:11 PM

Personally I don't think prolonging ICOs will determine how successful or how rewarding it will be for the bounty hunters. Although there are some projects which has been predermined to take a longer period Of time as envisaged by the team while some are extended because of their inability to reach their target thinking such target might be reached if the ICO is being extended.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pet240

Activity: 486
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:41:51 PM

Personally, i do not like going for bounty campaigns with longer duration of time. The maximum number of months i can go for is just 4 months and most times i like to go for bounty campaigns that are just 2-3 months. What i have noticed, most especially for those who are into signature campaign is that those with higher rank get more of the tokens than those with lower rank in cases of longer duration of bounty.
Coltpython

Activity: 700
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 10:46:09 PM

Depends on what the ico is selling. There are so many projects with ridiculous or similar projects that are already in existence. Such icos take a long time for investors to buy into it because of its lack of uniqueness

martin1221

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:48:56 PM

We cannot say that "the longer the ico, the better the price" mate, ico is the way how to funds to raise their project, so they want to be long in time just like month so that many investors also bought their coin.  As we can see that many right now doing ico, so its not easy for us to choose what coin to buy.
Quincy01

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:58:31 PM

In my opinion, I think the reason why most ICO's take longer period of time is because sometimes the target soft cap and hard cap needs to be met, so they give that longer period of time for the for the program in other to meet that specific target. In some other cases where the targets are met, the program will be called off and payments will be made because they met there targets before the time. On the contrary, no matter how long the they allocate to any specific program, it does not have anything to do with the rewards because it is the same percentage that has been allocated for that particular project within any given time.
Yamifoud

Activity: 2744
Merit: 517

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 11:05:22 PM

This is a question I ask myself all the time that why do so many ICOs usually take so long period of time before they are  finally over. Some ICOs could go for long period of time as long as 6 months and 7 months thereabout. Does it mean the longer the period of ICO the better the rewards? Does that long period of time really mean I will have better profits either as a bounty hunter or an investor? I need some clarification and probably some  advise as a newbie to ICO bounty.

Actually,  devs have prolong the bounty period just to earned more sales to reached their desired amount to have.  But it could make disadvantage for the bounty participants cause it increase its numbers and a lot of people to share with the set rewards. But isn't the first concern of the bounty, the most important is that they will launch their project successfully and reach its hard cap.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 11:23:22 PM

This is a question I ask myself all the time that why do so many ICOs usually take so long period of time before they are  finally over. Some ICOs could go for long period of time as long as 6 months and 7 months thereabout. Does it mean the longer the period of ICO the better the rewards? Does that long period of time really mean I will have better profits either as a bounty hunter or an investor? I need some clarification and probably some  advise as a newbie to ICO bounty.

There is not a single reason that we can pinpoint to know why some icos prefer to have a long period of time to sell their coins, it is up to the developers to decide how long they want the ico phase to last, if I were you and I was looking to claim from a bounty I will probably choose an ico that does not last as long that way you get your payment in tokens way faster.
skiorf

Activity: 812
Merit: 310

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 12:00:12 AM

First is about their readiness listing on the exchange. Second, the distribution of the tokens from ICO will be listed, for the bonus, referral, investors, team, airdrop, and bounty. They will be at the different times to distribute. The bounty may be commonly the last distribution because it is to minimize the dumb price after it. many investors think critically and scared when many bounty hunters sell out the tokens immediately after the distribution. It can make the price down and down. That is why they are the long time to distribute in ICO.
Salemmia

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 12:33:57 AM

each and every ico depends on own project they take a long  time untill its not over so many internal factor depends on ico period long but on the other hand not all ico take a long time .
Pokemon Go

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 01:36:16 AM

I think it is a strategy to make the ICO has many investors.
vincentong17

Activity: 266
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 01:44:59 AM

For me they want it longer to promote their business model and that's the strategy now a days, But i rather choose short term campaign coz for me it's profitable and alot of community and supporters.
beigai

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 01:49:32 AM

Yes, I am also very afraid to participate in some bounty campaign, which those projects where ico's time is very long. This is really unfair to some bounty hunters, but once you encounter such a project, you generally don't expect to earn a lot of money because the good project will not last long.
malibubaby

Activity: 546
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 01:55:02 AM

Some ICO depends on what the market condition if it is down they need to enter in the right time for the sake of their investors. For the long period of time the team behind the ico wants their project to promote first to bring more hype. About the bounty they need to prolong the distribution for the calculation of the stakes per participants and too minimize dumpings.
bornMercurial

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 02:08:30 AM

delay ICO because they are not sure if their ICO will succeed. The ICO period does not specify any ICO success rate. Those are just a few terms that decide to use ICO. And they need a little more time to reach their soft cap, for example. They are not too much, and still better than the cancellation of all tokens. The project itself, already popular, is new, getting a lot of people.

Ereun

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 02:09:14 AM

Many ICOs increase their token sales time due to insufficient funds or not reaching targets, It does not take long, if ICO can get sufficient funds within a few months then you will receive a big pay as well. Essentially depending on the success of the ICO.
laravuemaster

Activity: 378

When Football meets Crypto

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 02:12:20 AM

The answer is very obvious, ico's needs investors in for their platform because most of the campaign today are keep on extending until they reach the soft cap and in order for them as well to have the capital to pay the participants who join their campaign.

Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 02:17:13 AM

Actually,  devs have prolong the bounty period just to earned more sales to reached their desired amount to have.  But it could make disadvantage for the bounty participants cause it increase its numbers and a lot of people to share with the set rewards. But isn't the first concern of the bounty, the most important is that they will launch their project successfully and reach its hard cap.
It will help the dev to gather more investors and to reached out the maximum target to fully implement their desire plans for their tokens, I think bounty hunters are rally getting annoyed as the time frame is prolong and the target shared will be segregated with a lots of participants but if you are also
believing with such project, I can say that even you will got a small share you still have a good chance to earn real when the project pursue and succeed
with its target value.
syauqialbaana

Activity: 220

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 02:20:26 AM

I think why the old pre-ico because the ico team was to introduce the project first to the public so that the public knows what the project and its usefulness for what and what function for what, did not rule out having to wait a long time
bolbau

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 02:23:38 AM

the length of the ICO period depends on the quality of the project being run. if the ICO project has a good prospect, such as a support company, roadmap, whitepaper, and a good development team. ICO tends to run faster, and after success usually open the second round. but one of the roadblocks of the project is that the number of ICOs made and offered today, has left many investors confused and shut down other ICO-ICO potentials.
elwiswoodie

Activity: 378
Merit: 16

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 02:25:52 AM

because the team and developers want to give more opportunity to the investors to be able to contribute in supporting the project
because not all cryptocurrency investors always have that much free time
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: