Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:03:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is ICO period long?  (Read 2257 times)
xbiv2

Activity: 560
Merit: 111

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 06:45:37 PM

Why is ICO period long?
Because is scam:

Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kevingreen

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 06:59:27 PM

ICO period last longer because the Dev Team want to reach their hard cap, which will enable them execute their project as a result of this they set a long time to achieve it. But the truth is that many good projects always hit their hard cap before the time: example is TRAXIA which ICO is schedule to end June 2  2018. announce that the ICO will end today may 8 2018 due to recent spike in contribution.
clang07

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2018, 07:05:50 PM

ICO period are long because of all the preparations they need to make before entering the market. They also need time to collect more fund for the project to be successful. About the rewards, I think the longer the ico, the less reward we can get because many participant will join.
cryptolord5

Activity: 159

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:12:48 PM

This is a question I ask myself all the time that why do so many ICOs usually take so long period of time before they are  finally over. Some ICOs could go for long period of time as long as 6 months and 7 months thereabout. Does it mean the longer the period of ICO the better the rewards? Does that long period of time really mean I will have better profits either as a bounty hunter or an investor? I need some clarification and probably some  advise as a newbie to ICO bounty.

to me the only thing i see's there is that some ICO take time to reached there hard cap because of the project arrangement or the team, other is thing there is wen ICO took more time this simply means that they have not reached there hardcap and it will take time for them to reached the hardcap including preparation to be listed in coinmarketcap. so to me this are little things i just find out that makes project took longer time before ICO ends.
SirgulioB

Activity: 477
Merit: 102

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:31:05 PM

This is a question I ask myself all the time that why do so many ICOs usually take so long period of time before they are  finally over. Some ICOs could go for long period of time as long as 6 months and 7 months thereabout. Does it mean the longer the period of ICO the better the rewards? Does that long period of time really mean I will have better profits either as a bounty hunter or an investor? I need some clarification and probably some  advise as a newbie to ICO bounty.
To understand why such a difference in the timing you need to look at the roadmaps of the projects. They are completely different. Some projects collect money to start work later, some projects collect money in stages and perform work in stages.

══════════════[ LYRA ] | Loyalty Rewards on Blockchain | [ LYRA ]══════════════
┌[ Social Media ]──▸───▸───▸───▸───▸───▸// ◈ BitcointalkTelegramTwitterLinkedIn // ┐
└ \\ ✓Customizable tokens  ✓NFTDeFiDEX  ✓Revenue share \\◂───◂───◂─── [ Main Features ] ┘
yesyes18

Activity: 546
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:40:41 PM

ICO prolonging started this year. It wasn't so at first. Especially during last year but the problems that started affecting crypto this year led to the new form of ICO timing. When the timing is prolonged, prices of ETH/BTC may drop somewhere along the line and many people will be able to buy more. Also it allows many people to join later.

btctop1

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2018, 07:48:55 PM

Recently, I join the bounty campaign, where the term of the bounty, and hence the ICO, no more than 6 weeks. I think this time is enough to determine how attractive the project to investors. The rest is water casting.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 10:18:46 PM

because the team and developers want to give more opportunity to the investors to be able to contribute in supporting the project
because not all cryptocurrency investors always have that much free time
Another possibility is that they decide to make a very long ico to give themselves some additional time so they can develop their project, I will not be surprised if some developers did that, after all we know that after the ico they are very stressed about releasing their project as soon as possible because now money is on the line not only theirs but the money of their investors as well.
political1907

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 10:38:13 PM

They think that if ICO period is long, more investment will be made. But they are wrong. If they cant make enough advertisements and they cant show people prospect of project, they cant collect enough investment.

ItsZeroLimit

Activity: 238
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 10:41:10 PM

For the investor, on the one hand it's good, more money will be collected by the project, the probability of a good profit is higher, the advertising activity will attract more people. On the other hand, it's bad, because your funds are actually frozen and you can not use them, skipping other interesting projects. For Hunter, it's very bad, the longer the ICO, the more people get involved to the project very much reducing the income. If the number of participants is limited, then it's very good, for the same reasons as for the investor. In addition, if the campaign allocates a pool as a percentage of the collected funds, the reward increases.
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2842
Merit: 575

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 10:42:11 PM

They think that if ICO period is long, more investment will be made. But they are wrong. If they cant make enough advertisements and they cant show people prospect of project, they cant collect enough investment.

That's why most of them just closes before the actual end of the ICO because they didn't raised the needed funds. While other ICO's just took off and in the first few weeks alone, had raised so much money that they were able to reach their soft and hard cap. Personally, a good 4-6 weeks exposure is already too long, if by that time you didn't have any support from investors then nothing can change if you proceed like 4-6 more. Eventually they will fail and others might pull a exit strategy and scam investors even if the money is just too small.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
bidbud

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 10:45:24 PM

of course if ICO has a long period ,, the project wants to advertise or promote the product ,, would require more patience in following the bounty ,, but actually we can also choose ICO which period is short ,,
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 10:46:38 PM

Each project have their own reasons for setting the duration of their ICO's. It could be because they needed more funds but their target hasn't been met yet and the only to do that is extend the ICO. Whether or not it will be beneficial to you is another thing, do you believe the ICO will be successful in getting their target funds which means you will get paid for your efforts?

PacePay

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 10:52:03 PM

Sometimes everyone just rush to join the bounty of any ICO without calculating the reward of the bounty and they have to work for a longer period and get only a small portion from that bounty. It is not the mistake of the ICO project but it is the mistake of you as if you will join any reward campaign then first look at the reward total and then calculate the present members and the timing if you are getting lower then do not join and go forward.
Usui-Kun

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 10:54:26 PM

Icos' periods depend on the project itself and the company. Some icos literally take about a month or two because of the popularity they have gained or how innovative their project is in order to become that successful enough to sell their coins and reach their cap. Most icos are not like that though, that is why they compensate in time to see if there would be any luck with their token sales.

askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:00:47 PM

There are couple of things about why many projects need a longer time frame to complete there ICO: (Below points I am writing are only for genuine ICOs and not the SCAM ones)

1. The amounts they are raising from ICO could be humongous, I have seen ICOs raising $75mil+ and obviously, they cant be sold out in a day or two, until and unless those are really hyped up or if shilled from some business giants.

2. Projects may not have enough awareness, there marketing skills are terrible and they are not reaching out to there audiences in the correct manner to raise funds, so it takes months of time to complete there fund raising from ICOs.

3. The ICOs are not appealing and the crowd thinks that its worthless and they dont want to invest in it. It is the toughest part for the fund raising company, about how they need to engage with the investors, how to take them into belief,etc.

richaerich

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:01:53 PM

It's because its not that easy to raise fund for the project to become successful and huge, it's not that easy to promote the ICO so that there will be so many investors want to invest in the project, that's why ICO period is long and takes time
CrystalPham

Activity: 128

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:05:13 PM

The market is currently quite bleak. And the price of BTC VS ETH is low. When projects sell ETH and BTC at low prices, they will not have the funds to make their projects work well, so they deliberately lengthen. I think so .
reynier

Activity: 80
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 11:08:25 PM

This is a question I ask myself all the time that why do so many ICOs usually take so long period of time before they are  finally over. Some ICOs could go for long period of time as long as 6 months and 7 months thereabout. Does it mean the longer the period of ICO the better the rewards? Does that long period of time really mean I will have better profits either as a bounty hunter or an investor? I need some clarification and probably some  advise as a newbie to ICO bounty.

There are couple of things about why many projects need a longer time frame to complete there ICO: (Below points I am writing are only for genuine ICOs and not the SCAM ones)

1. The amounts they are raising from ICO could be humongous, I have seen ICOs raising $75mil+ and obviously, they cant be sold out in a day or two, until and unless those are really hyped up or if shilled from some business giants.

2. Projects may not have enough awareness, there marketing skills are terrible and they are not reaching out to there audiences in the correct manner to raise funds, so it takes months of time to complete there fund raising from ICOs.

3. The ICOs are not appealing and the crowd thinks that its worthless and they dont want to invest in it. It is the toughest part for the fund raising company, about how they need to engage with the investors, how to take them into belief,etc.

You stole the answer. I think that it can not be clearer
jamesndungu1

Activity: 434
Merit: 25

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:08:49 PM

Its the marketing period that matters, some projects require sometime to raise funds because they require a huge capital. for some the project might be costly and they would like to raise a huge capital so this takes time before they raise enough capital, and for some they just start marketing their project early to raise awareness. It all depends on the marketing plan of the project.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: