Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:06:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why choose LONG-TERM TRADING?  (Read 8454 times)
LovelyFLOWER

Activity: 181
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 07:39:19 AM

Trading is indeed difficult to do.

Long term trading may take weeks, months or even a year or so. You may call it as "long-term holding" or simply "holding".

Long-term trading is good for those who:

• want to invest
    • has a job that requires at least 8 hours a day
    • want to earn extra income
    • non professional traders or beginners

But of course you will have to consider these things before investing:

• invest money that does not limit your ability to meet other financial needs
    • should be willing to lose some
    • higher investment, more risky and higher potential of loses and/or rewards

These are the benefits of long-term trading according Anne Chapman (2015):

• You are not required to find new opportunities every time. Just hold on the coins you believe has a potential. Do not bother yourself with other cryptocurrency focus on your work and family.
    • You have more time to plan and study the charts for analysis of trend
    • You only need to employ simple techniques.

First, identify major areas of support/resistance (does a trend have room to develop?

Second, look for chart/candlestick patterns (do they reinforce a trend continuation?)

Finally, look for a logical and high probability point of entry and manage the trade

• You will experience less stress since you do not have to monitor the charts, price, trend etc. every time.
    • You only have to work less. Check your coin in a month or weekly basis, etc

Thank you.

A more detailed explanation can be read here at: http://thedynamictrader.com/advantages-of-long-term-trading/[/list]

For coins situation now it's better to hold for a long time because coins are very low. It's good to trade when price is volatile. Because only in day trading you can earn for the needs of my family. It really helps to provide our finances.
    pinoyden

Activity: 756
    Merit: 102

View Profile
    July 05, 2018, 09:18:50 AM

As the market has been going down over the past few months, short-term trading wouldn't be profitable. If you hold for a year or so then you can gain some profit.
    If you are doing good in trading, you do not need to lean short trades . Long term trades are best for the new comers and those who do not want to take risks. If you hold the coins for long term, there is no chance that you can lose because the prices of coins increases in the long term.

If you are doing good in trading, you do not need to lean short trades .
    if your a good trader , you can always handle your trades ( whether it is short or long term )

Long term trades are best for the new comers and those who do not want to take risks.
    short and long term trade are always for everyone , not just for new comers but also to experience or veteran traders . and trading do have always risk .

If you hold the coins for long term, there is no chance that you can lose because the prices of coins increases in the long term.

no . you can still loose even if you hold the coin for a longer term because the value can still drop no matter how long you'v been waiting or hodling .

in my own opinion , long term and short term are still the same because the profit that you can get will  all depends on your skill and luck

lushlifing

Activity: 196

View Profile
    July 05, 2018, 10:32:08 AM

Long term trading is a great alternative investment,
    Just be active in the crypto community,
    be careful of fake news, and don't panic
    Ekimzjames20

Activity: 348
    Merit: 10

View Profile
    July 05, 2018, 10:46:25 AM

Long term trading is a great alternative investment,
    Just be active in the crypto community,
    be careful of fake news, and don't panic

For me long term trading is the best when you want a big profits. Just like you invest and wait for the right time.
    tina87

Activity: 308

View Profile
    July 05, 2018, 07:25:14 PM

Are you ready to spend a few hours every day sitting at the monitor and holding the mouse cursor on the trigger buy / sell? Do you have the perseverance and patience, the calmness of the nervous system for this? Probably earnings at this price do not suit you, because time (unlike money) is an irreplaceable asset.
    so long term trading can help
    Usmanmuhon

Activity: 140

View Profile
    July 05, 2018, 07:57:10 PM

Actually long term trading is good for people who does not know how to trade and
    want to earn extra income.
    Just like investing they can just sell it when they think the profit is enough. If u have a good skills on trade u will sure susses whatever in long or short time
    Bakemat

Activity: 779
    Merit: 250

View Profile
    July 05, 2018, 08:10:35 PM

Day trading is very difficult to guess in the market, people who don't have much experience with the day trading the only option they choose is a long-term holding. They will bother only when their holding started increasing, i do agree long-term holding will always benefit the investors instead of short-term.

In my own opinion, they are just both difficult, you should long term trading if you have a day job because in this way you can wait for a very long time since people are just trading daily because they are using cryptocurrency to sustain their daily needs.
    bachus

Activity: 226
    Merit: 10

View Profile
    July 05, 2018, 09:16:20 PM

My mate is doing a long term because he is working self employed and don’t have many of time free to do anything else here, so he just buys coins suggested by friends and hold them to the moon =)
    NorihiroName

Activity: 420
    Merit: 101

View Profile
    July 05, 2018, 10:42:51 PM

Actually many follow that strategy because it seems to be safe and it's pretty easy as well, you have to do literally nothing.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
    Wong owah

Activity: 163

View Profile
    July 06, 2018, 04:18:31 AM

if the time is now I choose a long time bolt trade, if trading with short distances I would lose, because the market price of trade is now declining and ugly.
    MrKubemm

Activity: 58

View Profile
    July 06, 2018, 07:45:10 AM

I think you should not trade long term at this point, it will be very risky and the risk will be high. You can see that the price of bitcoin in recent days is fluctuating continuously and it is hard to guess, although the bitcoin price is increasing but I think this is just a short term increase, long term, the bitcoin price is still in the Period decreased. Well, you should not trade long-term bitcoin this year.
    billarerghomes

Activity: 28

View Profile
    July 07, 2018, 02:43:04 AM

daily trading need more skill and lucky than long-term trading bro. maybe you can make 5-10% per day just because we have a good market. if you back 2-3 years ago you will see
    Btc_1856

Activity: 1540
    Merit: 255

View Profile
    July 07, 2018, 03:10:26 AM

For daily trading we need experience in order to make profits, otherwise, we will end up in the loss. If you hold the coin for a certain period until the price starts increasing we can able to make some decent money. Long-term holding needs to have a lot of patience.

nicolaz.zhu

Activity: 469
    Merit: 16

View Profile
    July 07, 2018, 03:28:27 AM

good article, it is very difficult trading, especially for beginners, sometimes they do not understand and fall in the hole losses, for that in need learners from the beginning of trading, or can try some demo in a particular exchange...
    hastang

Activity: 149
    Merit: 3

View Profile
    July 07, 2018, 03:51:54 AM

I love long time investment because it will not give me headache. I just sit back and relax. There's nothing to worry about just put my money on the market let it sleep and earn as time passes, that's it. Withdraw until such time you see the price to the top let you harvest a good profit. There is no monitoring and analysing of market condition, no graphs to interpret.
    zinkla

Activity: 113
    Merit: 11

View Profile
    July 07, 2018, 03:53:50 AM

People that prefer to hold clearly do not understand that trading is sometimes much more better and profitable, well, it all depends a lot but i prefer to trade on a short term basis

ausbit
    Legendary

Activity: 1330
    Merit: 1019

View Profile
    July 07, 2018, 05:48:30 AM

Personally I prefer this exact strategy. I don't like rush. I need some time for monitoring and analyzing the market before making a decision. And also I'd rather avoid too many risks, that's why my choice is long-term trading.
    The initial activities of almost every business are low and slow and this is the reason we prefer the long term business expectation than the short term. You actually expect your business to give you the benefits any time you want in the long run. 

Besides, the long term gives you full change in the values of your coins as the profit than the short term. Also in the long term, you will not bother about the price fluctuation and hence would be on a safe side that those who invest short term.
    ValerieBTC

Activity: 153
    Merit: 3

View Profile
    July 07, 2018, 07:53:36 AM

I can totally agree with you, long term holding or long term trading is a great option for the people who are not having many of free time to spend here, learning, examining, researching.
    For me many people here in crypto is choosing long term trading rather than short term trading because short term is not an easy job specially when the coins we own is dumping it's price on the market and for me many people can make more profit doing long term trading.
    Majority of the people are expecting their investment will grow significantly while they are having regular jobs which consumes their time, they
    only invest to hold. It's like they are holding gold that will increase its value overtime but it's different here in crypto, it's so volatile so I can say it's the game of strong people and a real believer.
    Long term trading is more profitable than short term trading because Bitcoin and some other coins which are considering the best coins but all are different in values. Some are favorable for short term while some are for long term; the Bitcoin and Ethereum are for long term while the Altcoin and Litecoin are for short term. As we know that the Bitcoin is a long term trading which is more profitable that is why we like the Bitcoin.
    The fact that long term investment gives you more output is just because of the fact that the rise in price values is more in the long term that in the short term. In other words, the time value that a portfolio bears in the long term is more than that of a short term portfolio. Besides, the long term is secure and free of the panic selling and emotional decisions. It has multiple benefits.
    BlueStackz
    Legendary

Activity: 1204
    Merit: 1028

View Profile
    July 07, 2018, 08:15:23 AM

Because long-term trading will give you higher returns in the short run, the price of coins will tend to rise over time, so the longer you hold the longer the option to sell at a better price. .
    Almost all traders are doing with Bitcoin and Ethereum for huge profit which is only possible here as we know that besides these two coins there are no such coins which have higher prices.

Trading with these coins is called long term trading because these coins produce huge profit after long time or mainly within a year. People who were the part of it are now millionaires and billionaires so it will take time but we can get for what we desire.
    envy1997

Activity: 25

View Profile
    July 08, 2018, 03:54:55 AM

Long-term trading isn't taking much time like short-term trading or day-trading because you need to update news and change your strategy like daily or weekly.
    that's why there is so many people choosing long-term trading instead of short ones.
    Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
      Print  

Jump to: