Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 07:08:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 230 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Reddit’s science forum banned climate deniers.  (Read 636401 times)
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 07:01:06 PM

New York City underwater?

As one expert warns that in 2015 the sea level will rise quickly, a visual shows New York City being engulfed by water. The video montage includes another unidentified person predicting that "flames cover hundreds of miles."

On June 13, 2008, ABCNews.com promoted the special by hyperventilating, "Are we living in the last century of our civilization?" Unlike the 2015 predictions, that suggestion hasn't (yet) been proven wrong.

Even the Warmer scientific "consensus" did not ever agree with these claims.  For example the 2007 IPCC report.

The trick for alarmists to get away with lying is to put their claims of doom 20-30 years into the future.  Close enough that it would affect people and their kids, but far enough away that they can claim by changing your lifestyle now, you can stop the terrible nightmare from happening.

Christianity got started this way, with the End getting put further and further off.  At first they thought it was going to be in just a few years.  IIRC.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 09:30:38 PM

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2015/06/12/global-warming-polar-bears-eat-dolphins.html

-----------------------------------------
I guess it's a win win situation for polar bears... Thank you global warming!

Cool

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 09:44:32 PM

]https://i.imgur.com/NA5GV71.png

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2015/06/12/global-warming-polar-bears-eat-dolphins.html

Cool

Polar bears, like a lot of other carnivores, will eat anything which moves (or moved when it was alive and has not yet been totally consumed by other scavengers.)  I saw a vid the other day of a single polar bear successfully taking a whale!  Indeed, the adaptability of polar bears (and humans and a very many other creatures) speaks volumes about how the earth is in a continuous state of change.  Were it not there would be a small fraction of the number of species we see today and they would be highly optimized to very specific environments.

(They would also have vastly longer lifecycles, and I got to wondering the other day if a simulation of the life expectancy of various organisms could shed some light on the pre-historic rates of variability in climate.)

What the politicians are doing, in concert with other groups who are often near completely unaware of things, is taking what are in most cases completely natural variations and using them as an excuse to separate people from their wealth.  At this point I'm pretty confident that it is nearly 100% scam.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 09:54:10 PM

]https://i.imgur.com/NA5GV71.png

Cool

Polar bears, like a lot of other carnivores, will eat anything which moves (or moved when it was alive and has not yet been totally consumed by other scavengers.)  I saw a vid the other day of a single polar bear successfully taking a whale!  Indeed, the adaptability of polar bears (and humans and a very many other creatures) speaks volumes about how the earth is in a continuous state of change.  Were it not there would be a small fraction of the number of species we see today and they would be highly optimized to very specific environments.

(They would also have vastly longer lifecycles, and I got to wondering the other day if a simulation of the life expectancy of various organisms could shed some light on the pre-historic rates of variability in climate.)

What the politicians are doing, in concert with other groups who are often near completely unaware of things, is taking what are in most cases completely natural variations and using them as an excuse to separate people from their wealth.  At this point I'm pretty confident that it is nearly 100% scam.

I disagree with you. It is nearly 100+97% scam...

Wink

dblink

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 09:54:53 PM

[...]
As a scientist myself, it became clear to me that the contrarians were not capable of providing the science to support their “skepticism” on climate change. The evidence simply does not exist to justify continued denial that climate change is caused by humans and will be bad. There is always legitimate debate around the cutting edge of research, something we see regularly. But with climate change, science that has been established, constantly tested, and reaffirmed for decades was routinely called into question.

First of all, I appreciate your concern towards climate change to save the humanity. Each and every individual must come up with their own to save the climate. We can really start from our office itself, for instance.... stop printing papers to read, whenever you want to print, save it into PDF and read, print only those articles in paper which is deemed fit to discuss in meetings.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 10:11:50 PM

[...]
As a scientist myself, it became clear to me that the contrarians were not capable of providing the science to support their “skepticism” on climate change. The evidence simply does not exist to justify continued denial that climate change is caused by humans and will be bad. There is always legitimate debate around the cutting edge of research, something we see regularly. But with climate change, science that has been established, constantly tested, and reaffirmed for decades was routinely called into question.

First of all, I appreciate your concern towards climate change to save the humanity. Each and every individual must come up with their own to save the climate. We can really start from our office itself, for instance.... stop printing papers to read, whenever you want to print, save it into PDF and read, print only those articles in paper which is deemed fit to discuss in meetings.

Why even go to an office to read a pdf on a computer screen, office built in a skyscraper you need to get to thanks to a global warming creation engine called transportation system?

Pdf says: "Meeting Canceled!"

galdur

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 10:40:05 PM

Heavy snow for Brooks Range, Alaska Range

WINTER weather advisory. 10 June 2015 – “Visitors to Denali National Park may get more than they bargained for today,” says the Fairbanks News Miner. The National Weather Service in Fairbanks has issued a winter weather advisory for the area. Meteorologists estimate the park will receive 4 to 8 inches of snow.

http://www.newsminer.com/news/local_news/heavy-snow-expected-in-brooks-range-alaska-range/article_76118d30-0fab-11e5-b561-13ca2778b458.html

galdur

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 10:47:11 PM

Now almost the coldest in 8,000 years

JUNE 12, 2015

“A continued natural climate change towards a colder climate is now more, rather than less, likely.” – Ed Hoskins

https://edmhdotme.wordpress.com/about/

galdur

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 07:23:34 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2015, 11:39:28 AM by galdur

BBC ENVIRONMENT EDITOR LETS THE GREEN CAT OUT OF THE BAG

Roger Harrabin is the BBC’s in-house green activist-in-chief. He gets very upset when you mention this (journalists at the Beeb being obliged to be strictly impartial) – despite the fact that he has form a mile long – but just occasionally he can’t help giving the game away as he did this morning on BBC Radio 4’s Today programme. (Listen from 2:39:10) http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05xj1qb#autohttp://

Reporting on the latest round of UN climate talks in Bonn this week, Harrabin said:

“We’re trying to change the entire global economy….”

Then swiftly he corrected himself:

“…or at least the UN’s trying to change the entire global economy.”

Too late, Roger. The game is up! We know where your sympathies lie. Not, given the assiduous and uncritical way you report on every environmental scare story going, that there was ever much doubt on this score.

The incident calls to mind the similar Freudian slip back in 2005 when, in the course of an interview with Labour treasury minister Ed Balls, Today’s not-noticeably-right-sympathising presenter Jim Naughtie was heard to say:

“If we win the election does Gordon Brown remain Chancellor.”

Like Harrabin, Naughtie quickly corrected himself:

“If you win the election.”

But the damage had been done. As Lord Tebbit commented at the time: “How often a slip of the tongue betrays the true thoughts in the mind of the speaker. We could all see the shape of the cat in the bag, but Mr Naughtie has now let it out for all to see.”

Well I think we can all now see very clearly that Mr Harrabin’s cat is a particularly repellant shade of green. If I had an animal that looked so wretchedly unhealthy, I think I’d want to do the kind thing and get it put down.

(H/T Glen Bishop)

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/06/12/bbc-environment-editor-lets-the-green-cat-out-of-the-bag/

rayhan

Activity: 378

be your self

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 11:26:35 AM

So banning should re enforced for the non believers then. Get it. Should we ban all of those who not only do not believe in bitcoin or all of those creating altcoins on bitcointalk?

Exactly. Haters gonna hate.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 01:06:38 PM

VATICAN SPEAKER ON CLIMATE THINKS THERE ARE 6 BILLION TOO MANY OF US

One of the speakers slated for the Vatican rollout of the long-awaited Papal document on climate change once said the earth is overpopulated by at least 6 billion people.

The teaching document, called an encyclical, is scheduled for release on June 18 at Vatican City. Perhaps with the exception of the 1968 encyclical on contraception, no Vatican document has been greeted with such anticipation.

The political left is hoping for a document that ties belief in global warming to a religious obligation. Climate skeptics have already started criticizing the document.

The choice of Professor John Schnellnhuber, founding director of the Postdam Institute for Climate Impact Research, as one of three presenters may be giving the left added hope and giving giving skeptics severe heartburn. He has been described as one of the more aggressive scientists on the question of man-made global warming.

In a talk given to what’s described as the “failed” 2009 Copenhagen climate conference, reported in the New York Times, Schnellnhuber, who has advised German President Angela Merkel and is a visiting professor at Oxford, said of global warming: “In a very cynical way, it’s a triumph for science because at last we have stabilized something –- namely the estimates for the carrying capacity of the planet, namely below 1 billion people.”

Schnellnhuber is also author of what’s called the “two-degree target” that says governments must not allow the temperature to rise more than 2 degrees higher than at the start of the industrial revolution. Any higher, the theory holds, and much life on earth would either perish or be gravely harmed.

To deal with climate issues, he has also called for an “Earth Constitution that would transcend the UN Charter” along with the creation of a “Global Council…elected by all the people on Earth” and a “Planetary Court..a transnational legal body open to appeals from everybody, especially with respect to violations of the Earth Constitution.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/06/12/vatican-speaker-on-climate-thinks-there-are-6-billion-too-many-of-us/

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 02:59:36 PM

One of the speakers slated for the Vatican rollout of the long-awaited Papal document on climate change once said the earth is overpopulated by at least 6 billion people.

I'm not liking the idea of this dude's idea of Heaven...
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 05:00:23 PM

confirmed >> last pope / possible antichrist
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 05:09:14 PM

Wait, which of the dudes in the picture is the popester?
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 05:25:10 PM

The teaching document, called an encyclical, is scheduled for release on June 18 at Vatican City. Perhaps with the exception of the 1968 encyclical on contraception, no Vatican document has been greeted with such anticipation.

The political left is hoping for a document that ties belief in global warming to a religious obligation. Climate skeptics have already started criticizing the document.

The choice of Professor John Schnellnhuber, founding director of the Postdam Institute for Climate Impact Research, as one of three presenters may be giving the left added hope and giving giving skeptics severe heartburn. He has been described as one of the more aggressive scientists on the question of man-made global warming.

In a talk given to what’s described as the “failed” 2009 Copenhagen climate conference, reported in the New York Times, Schnellnhuber, who has advised German President Angela Merkel and is a visiting professor at Oxford, said of global warming: “In a very cynical way, it’s a triumph for science because at last we have stabilized something –- namely the estimates for the carrying capacity of the planet, namely below 1 billion people.”

Schnellnhuber is also author of what’s called the “two-degree target” that says governments must not allow the temperature to rise more than 2 degrees higher than at the start of the industrial revolution. Any higher, the theory holds, and much life on earth would either perish or be gravely harmed.

To deal with climate issues, he has also called for an “Earth Constitution that would transcend the UN Charter” along with the creation of a “Global Council…elected by all the people on Earth” and a “Planetary Court..a transnational legal body open to appeals from everybody, especially with respect to violations of the Earth Constitution.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/06/12/vatican-speaker-on-climate-thinks-there-are-6-billion-too-many-of-us/

Without the mask on:

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 05:36:28 PM

Q: What's worse than a pedo-nest?

A: A pedo-nest of eugenicists.

Of course different groups may see things in different ways.  I'm sure that the make-over has some appeal to those who built up the U.N. and I expect to see the Catholic Church rewarded for it's 'progress' by the same...just as have been the climate 'scientists' who've played ball.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
jackyrozario

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 05:57:32 PM

Why won't Climate Scientists produce the empirical data that will prove their theory that CO2 is the primary culprit behind Climate Change and shut their critics up once and for all? Answer: The reason they refuse to show any data is because the data does not exist. In fact all the empirical data refutes their theory. So instead of showing the data that would prove their theory they manipulate the data.

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇ ▇ ▇

Trade Over 140 Cryptos

Secure Platform API Support

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇ ▇ ▇
    ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 07:12:13 PM

Why won't Climate Scientists produce the empirical data that will prove their theory that anthropogenic CO2 is the primary culprit behind Climate Change and shut their critics up once and for all? Answer: The reason they refuse to show any data is because the data does not exist. In fact all the empirical data refutes their theory. So instead of showing the data that would prove their theory they manipulate the data.

ftfy.

but yea, they would not even find the data for natural CO2.  Roll Eyes

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 08:34:22 PM

Wait, which of the dudes in the picture is the popester?

The one with the stretched arm...

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 08:38:50 PM

Pope Francis’ Climate Change Encyclical Leaked Four Days Early by Italian Magazine

The 192-page document is Pope Francis' first major teaching letter on climate change and its effects on the planet's poor

Italian Magazine L’Espresso leaked Pope Francis’ hotly anticipated encyclical on climate change on its website on Monday, breaking an embargo on the document set for Thursday.

The 192-page document is Pope Francis’ first major teaching letter on climate change and its effects on the planet’s poor. Hailed by some as the “pope of the poor,” Francis’ linkage of environmental and economic issues puts the Vatican out front on a closely watched topic.

A Vatican official told Bloomberg News that the leak was a “heinous act.”

“An Italian text of a draft of the Pope’s Encyclical ‘Laudato Si’ has been published. Please note that it is not the final text, and that the rules of the Embargo remain in place,” read an official statement from the Vatican. “We ask journalists to respect professional standards, which call for waiting for the official publication of the final text.”

http://time.com/3921416/pope-francis-encyclical-leaked/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Because the middle age did so much good on the planet and the poor...  Roll Eyes

Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 230 »
  Print  

Jump to: