Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:30:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SKY] Skycoin Launch Announcement  (Read 381508 times)
skycoin (OP)

Activity: 498
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2017, 06:37:13 AM

Who has the Skycoin reddit?

reddit.com/r/skycoin

How do we get this sub-reddit?

Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
skycoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2017, 07:18:59 AM

This coin is the most obscured attempt at doing ICO's I've ever seen. I've been following for years but have yet to come across a single point in time where the coins have been up for distribution. All I hear is garbage spat out by the skycoin dev(s), talk, talk and talk about ICOs and how fair their's is.

Great technology or not. The PR with this coin is horrendous.

The last ICO was on c2cx and it worked perfectly. The distributions before that worked perfectly also.

We are not doing an ICO in the middle of segwit and possible Bitcoin hard fork. That would be fucking retarded.

The Skycoin price at the first/second distribution was 1 penny and is up 300x or 400x from that point.

From the second distribution at around 10 cents, the price is up 28x to 40x.

>All I hear is garbage spat out by the skycoin dev(s), talk, talk and talk about ICOs and how fair their's is.

I said that the ICOs are UNFAIR. Not fair. In an ICO, the money goes to the people who have the most money. Saying its fair that someone who makes $60,000 a year has to compete in an ICO against three people with 200 million dollars in ETH, is not "fair".

- Most of the coin "ICOs" are going to 1 to 3 people
- Most of the ten or hundred million dollar ICOs are basicly scams
- Most of these coins do not even have blockchains or are just marketing, and even coins with hundred million and billion dollar valuation actually have almost zero users

I think we are going to go through a bubble phase and then a "pets dom com" shakeout phase. Its a speculator driven market, where coins with NO USER BASE are trading on exchanges at hundred million dollar valuations.

We were approached and asked to sell coins at 1/20th market rate, by large "investors" who would then pump the coin and then dump the coins after ICO and we turned them down. That is what you do if you want to by hyped and get media coverage. Then they sell the coins at 20x the price the insiders paid and then dump them on the schmucks.

And we did not do that, or the marketing would be a lot better.

We did the linear regression of the skycoin market price and trading volume and its exactly on the target regression line.

The Skycoin volume has increased 5x, from $10,000 to $50,000 a day in the past two months.

We have gone from one order book, to four order books. Including Yuan, ETH and two BTC order books in two months.

The telegram group grew from 20 people to 500 in less than two months.

The new website was launched and it is on the third version.

The PR people setup the blog and we have over 400 posts migrated. Which was massive amount of work. Now they are doing the blog skin and tags https://blog.skycoin.net/

Now we are getting press releases and they are working on media syndication.

---

Only the blind to not see how fast the rate of progress has been.

The next "ICO" is just a small marketing event and does not matter. It is to get the website up, the blog up, the new coin distribution infrastructure tested and to do press releases before the next milestone.

skycoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2017, 10:28:48 AM

Update:

Who has the /r/skycoin sub-reddit? How do we get the reddit, the marketing team needs it.

skycoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2017, 10:33:04 AM

I found there will be another round of SKY distribution with a fixed price of 0.002 BTC / SKY:
https://www.skycoin.net/distribution/
And SKY was available with a price of 0.00135 BTC/SKY at:
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=SKY_BTC
I am just curious what will happen when the distribution starts.

IMHO-
An ICO offers the advantage of -
1) anonymity, and
2) acquiring large bulks of coins.
Hence it is more favorable by whales (I.e. no need to identity to the exchange, no restrictions or limits on coin withdrawn from exchanges, not needing to put trust in 3rd party).

Another important aspect of ICO is all the classical short-term flippers who buy in ICOs and dump right after to secure gains.
Assuming my assessment is proven correct and this ICO will be pursued by whales, AND at higher prices, then there probably will be no flippers' dumping.
On one hand this is good because you have strong long-term hands. But on the other hand, it means very low trading volume and liquidity.

Bottom line - an ICO is not an investment decision. It is a distribution mechanism.
If you can buy cheaper, and want to own SKY - buy cheaper.

looks like the ICO is postponed for 15 days.
Why is that?

Two reasons
1> We do not want to do an ICO with the seg-wit and hard fork drama in the middle of the ICO.
2> the marketing team did not get the distribution listings and PR releases out in time. So they have do it again, until they get it right.

standards

Activity: 560
Merit: 261

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 12:33:23 PM

I found there will be another round of SKY distribution with a fixed price of 0.002 BTC / SKY:
https://www.skycoin.net/distribution/
And SKY was available with a price of 0.00135 BTC/SKY at:
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=SKY_BTC
I am just curious what will happen when the distribution starts.

IMHO-
An ICO offers the advantage of -
1) anonymity, and
2) acquiring large bulks of coins.
Hence it is more favorable by whales (I.e. no need to identity to the exchange, no restrictions or limits on coin withdrawn from exchanges, not needing to put trust in 3rd party).

Another important aspect of ICO is all the classical short-term flippers who buy in ICOs and dump right after to secure gains.
Assuming my assessment is proven correct and this ICO will be pursued by whales, AND at higher prices, then there probably will be no flippers' dumping.
On one hand this is good because you have strong long-term hands. But on the other hand, it means very low trading volume and liquidity.

Bottom line - an ICO is not an investment decision. It is a distribution mechanism.
If you can buy cheaper, and want to own SKY - buy cheaper.

looks like the ICO is postponed for 15 days.
Why is that?

Two reasons
1> We do not want to do an ICO with the seg-wit and hard fork drama in the middle of the ICO.
2> the marketing team did not get the distribution listings and PR releases out in time. So they have do it again, until they get it right.

So Aug 8 is set? No postpone anymore?
I will not buy it at 0.002 BTC / SKY
I just wanna know how the market will respond to the ICO.
LiskEnterprise

Activity: 268
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 08:40:44 AM

This coin is the most obscured attempt at doing ICO's I've ever seen. I've been following for years but have yet to come across a single point in time where the coins have been up for distribution. All I hear is garbage spat out by the skycoin dev(s), talk, talk and talk about ICOs and how fair their's is.

We are not doing an ICO in the middle of segwit and possible Bitcoin hard fork. That would be fucking retarded.

Agreed there is a lot of retarded stuff happening here.

http://heatledger.com LIVE ICO 3.0 GENERATION CRYPTO WITH COMPANY STOCK IPO OPTIONS
ccomeon

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 08:53:14 AM

Agreed there is a lot of retarded stuff happening here.

Maybe can get both BTC and BCC in the ICO lol
tribes

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 07:43:35 AM

This coin idea is so interesting that makes me register  and comment lol. I have been reading a lot and thinking that we can decentralise everything but if we dont decentralise the ISPs then there is (almost) no sense at all in doing so. And here it is an idea of decentralising everything by building dedicated hardware with hopefully no backdoors, that is a serious great idea. I really like that.
I want to thank the OP the patience is showing, there are much more people reading this thread than the ones who are writting on it, and the answers and manners count a lot. Good job Wink
Sam123

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 05:06:42 PM

what's up ?

Hey,
A lot of post say the same think over and over again: What's up?. Why are do doing that?  if you have any question please ask
Intellium

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 05:34:29 PM

"The Coin Distribution Event, or CDE, is a fixed-price sale of 1,000,000 Skycoin (SKY) for 0.002 BTC. The money raised will be used to continue research on immutable data structures, development of consumer hardware and marketing – all towards the goal of creating a better internet.

The CDE will run from 00:00 GMT on August 8th until August 31st, 2017."

Can someone tell me why do I have to pay 0.002 BTC per 1 Skycoin if the price is cheaper now?  Huh
seek4dream

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 11:11:37 PM

"The Coin Distribution Event, or CDE, is a fixed-price sale of 1,000,000 Skycoin (SKY) for 0.002 BTC. The money raised will be used to continue research on immutable data structures, development of consumer hardware and marketing – all towards the goal of creating a better internet.

Can someone tell me why do I have to pay 0.002 BTC per 1 Skycoin if the price is cheaper now?  Huh

That is easy. grasp some cheaper coin right now.
_tompin_

Activity: 40

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 09:12:33 AM

Very funny, I suggest to increase the ICO price to 0.003 BTC per 1 Skycoin so there will be more time to get cheaper coins Cheesy
seek4dream

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 12:00:19 PM

Very funny, I suggest to increase the ICO price to 0.003 BTC per 1 Skycoin so there will be more time to get cheaper coins Cheesy

Grin Grin I suggest dev should grasp all these cheap coin before ICO starts.
LiskEnterprise

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 08:20:42 AM

Be careful of this ICO.

I was discussing the ICO and the lack of transparency in the Telegram group.

And now am blocked in telegram, They are not open to discussion other than pump and greed.

Pass your BTC to get promises of Skycoin.

Be careful as BTC may go x 3 over the next months.

They are request you pass them BTC now with promises of 50% more coins later and 50% more coins later and 50% more coins in 6 months, as rewards for buying the ICO now.

At 0.002 btc x $3400 x 100,000,000 skycoins is over $600,000,000 evaluation for skycoin.

They have no products or tech released in over 5 years.

I would like to have continued discussion and getting transparency in their 96% ownership of the coins to get them to issue in a coded trustless way. Like BTC.

But in truth there is on whale that owns 96% of coins and can sell them whenever he chooses.

4% currently distributed with no tech products to show for it.

Chat channels are only there for pumping the price before ICO.

But even then the ICO price of 0.02 is ridiculous as the market wants to stay under 0.015 or lower.

They allow OTC sales and so no one really can know how many coins sold and at what price.

Their history of continuous coin distribution is always a shambles.

As i assume the pump is getting sold into by the dev,

I did not enter but did my due diligence of this coin.

No contrary opinions allowed in Slack or Telegram.

I would not write this if i was not blocked from Telegram as i could have discussed it.

Be warned...

http://heatledger.com LIVE ICO 3.0 GENERATION CRYPTO WITH COMPANY STOCK IPO OPTIONS
LostLady

Activity: 51

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 09:39:42 AM

I been in the Telegram chats and there is no Pumping going on. Just a very interesting discussion about cryptocurrency.

Go see for yourself.

https://t.me/Skycoin

I think LiskEnterprises wants to buy Skycoin but he is too cheap and poor to afford it, that is why he is spreading so much FUD to drive the price down to where he can afford. If he already decided that he won't invest, then move on and carry on. But he lingers on and harasses everyone in the chat. He also doxxes people and makes false accusations. He's been at it every day for months.

This guy is toxic to the whole cryptocurrency community and should be banned. Doing due diligence is not a reason to harass and attack developers or even doxx them. This is not acceptable journalism especially when the developers have shown you lots of respect.
skycoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 09:47:23 AM

Be careful of this ICO.

I was discussing the ICO and the lack of transparency in the Telegram group.

And now am blocked in telegram, They are not open to discussion other than pump and greed.

Pass your BTC to get promises of Skycoin.

Be careful as BTC may go x 3 over the next months.

They are request you pass them BTC now with promises of 50% more coins later and 50% more coins later and 50% more coins in 6 months, as rewards for buying the ICO now.

At 0.002 btc x $3400 x 100,000,000 skycoins is over $600,000,000 evaluation for skycoin.

They have no products or tech released in over 5 years.

I would like to have continued discussion and getting transparency in their 96% ownership of the coins to get them to issue in a coded trustless way. Like BTC.

But in truth there is on whale that owns 96% of coins and can sell them whenever he chooses.

4% currently distributed with no tech products to show for it.

Chat channels are only there for pumping the price before ICO.

But even then the ICO price of 0.02 is ridiculous as the market wants to stay under 0.015 or lower.

They allow OTC sales and so no one really can know how many coins sold and at what price.

Their history of continuous coin distribution is always a shambles.

As i assume the pump is getting sold into by the dev,

I did not enter but did my due diligence of this coin.

No contrary opinions allowed in Slack or Telegram.

I would not write this if i was not blocked from Telegram as i could have discussed it.

Be warned...

One of the developers kicked you, because you keep telling people that he was hired to work on Skycoin for $5 an hour, on Fiver.

- First of all, its  a lie.
- Second, it is insulting.
- Third, yes one of the Skycoin developers had a Fiver account when he was in college.
- Fourth only one for of the ~60 people contributing on Github to skycoin has a Fiver account. So stop making wild accusations that the whole Skycoin development team was hired for $5/hour on Fiver.

Half the research people have PHDs and you are telling people they are $5/hour people hired on Fiver, etc
- https://github.com/skycoin/cx

My head is going to explode.

LostLady

Activity: 51

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 09:53:44 AM

Move on Lisk. Be the better man here. If you don't want to invest, then move on and stop your toxic flaming, defamation, false statements, harassment.
skycoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 10:25:51 AM

Move on Lisk. Be the better man here. If you don't want to invest, then move on and stop your toxic flaming, defamation, false statements, harassment.

I am not sure that he is that bad.

ICOcountdown.com

Activity: 1008

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 10:47:43 AM

Literally noone gets banned in the telegram  Cheesy

LiskEnterprise

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 11:31:58 AM

Here's the main (https://github.com/skycoin/skycoin/graphs/contributors) developer behind Skycoin.

You can hire him for $25/hour, or on Fiverr

https://www.freelancer.com.bd/u/iketheadore.html

I do not use fiver and never been to fiver.

Here is your post about your dev..

Note it is not from me.

I was talking about needed transparency on telegram and was then banned.

Gatekeepers are not a good sign and yes they do ban any contrary opinion in the Skycoin telegram.

The reason given to me for the ban is that i made one of the devs sad...

But as i have shown you it was another post that said he is from fiver.

Pages: « 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 »
  Print  

Jump to: