Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:14:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 [477] 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052957 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
eagleflies

Activity: 440
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 10:07:59 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2015, 10:59:30 PM by eagleflies

eagleflies, check PM, let me know ASAP; it sounds a bit off what we talked. I will try to deliver this week, but also I got many things to do.

Do not worry Joe. Things are as we agreed. PM sent.

I do want to emphasize we appreciate the help you are providing. Since we will probably use Magi Coin's code base we are definitely going to give you credits for working on code and for throwing good ideas for thoughts. Sorry about phrase "cherry-picking" if you felt offended but it was not intended that way.

I hope you can deliver the remaining few changes this week. If not I will probably start working on these modifications myself.

Thanks!
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 07:33:07 AM

Maybe too late in current plans, but why not release nobl on the nxt monetary system? That way nobl can focus on what it is good at, providing services, without the need to maintain the technical part, something nobl has lacked in.

GBattaglia

Activity: 735
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 03:19:32 AM

Right now NobleCoin could fall to zero [all buy orders filled] with less than $1,000, and that is the two major exchanges combined.
It is a shame to see this happening, but I can't say it isn't justified. The coin has pretty much become developed by users [which isn't a bad thing in itself],
and has yet to deliver needed updates in almost a year now [I think thats how long it has been].

To make matters even worse; faith in Rofo is starting to be shaken:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=841741.msg10253835#msg10253835

joelao95
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1009

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 05:52:26 AM

@eagleflies No worry, I'm ready being on the stuff and will finish it as like a promise and will get it done in any circumstance. Targeting day is Thursday, but it might depend as I have to finish one task for magi before delivering NOBL PoS. To be clear, what I am working on is

Code:
PoS-II + fixed APR (8%)

As a note, the APR thing is irrelevant to the PoS-II. There will be no middle state with "some parts from PoS-II and some from standard PoS". "providing an incentive for big holders to split huge transactions into several smaller ones" will automatically lead us to the PoS-II course (if "fixed APR" is the part from standard PoS, then I guess this might be the case you mentioned). I understood community's selection on the PoS-II, but was under the impression of your concern that magi has many code changes which could lead to stability/security situation. That's the reason of my previous post talking general PoS (that looks like completely out of the scene at that time Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=402667.msg10240117#msg10240117 ) So I'd be sure that "magi's code change" is no longer your concern.

I will be working on the similar features with magi (except that constant APR will be used); will post details once done.

@other members, rest assured this is not a takeover. People in NOBL community, kindly please ask for the return of your Dev: Rofo (I also believe people in this community should help him out the situation he is facing; any donation would help? etc, etc).

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
Coin Source : Trust Verified    [ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ]
  ♓.NΣTWORK-DΣPΣNDΣNT  RΣWARDING SYSTΣM  ※ 
  ANN THREAD MAGIPAY FAQ FORUM
.CPU Mining   PoS-II   PoM   Unique Block Reward 
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 07:26:23 AM

@eagleflies No worry, I'm ready being on the stuff and will finish it as like a promise and will get it done in any circumstance. Targeting day is Thursday, but it might depend as I have to finish one task for magi before delivering NOBL PoS. To be clear, what I am working on is

Code:
PoS-II + fixed APR (8%)

As a note, the APR thing is irrelevant to the PoS-II. There will be no middle state with "some parts from PoS-II and some from standard PoS". "providing an incentive for big holders to split huge transactions into several smaller ones" will automatically lead us to the PoS-II course (if "fixed APR" is the part from standard PoS, then I guess this might be the case you mentioned). I understood community's selection on the PoS-II, but was under the impression of your concern that magi has many code changes which could lead to stability/security situation. That's the reason of my previous post talking general PoS (that looks like completely out of the scene at that time Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=402667.msg10240117#msg10240117 ) So I'd be sure that "magi's code change" is no longer your concern.

I will be working on the similar features with magi (except that constant APR will be used); will post details once done.

@other members, rest assured this is not a takeover. People in NOBL community, kindly please ask for the return of your Dev: Rofo (I also believe people in this community should help him out the situation he is facing; any donation would help? etc, etc).

Thanks for the update and the fast timeframe!

I don't think it is a perfect time to ask Rofo back to Noble as he is also very quiet in the NOXT thread..
kingscrown

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 07:29:33 AM

i know for a fact scammer @equalpumps has alot of NOBL so propably better to enter out - seems scam pnd groups tookoever this.

fairglu
Legendary

Activity: 1100
Merit: 1030

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 08:36:00 AM

Maybe too late in current plans, but why not release nobl on the nxt monetary system? That way nobl can focus on what it is good at, providing services, without the need to maintain the technical part, something nobl has lacked in.

Isn't that what NOXT was about?

Right now NobleCoin could fall to zero [all buy orders filled] with less than $1,000

In terms of mining pressure, both major exchanges only have buy orders to cover a few days of 100% mining dumps, so multi-pools automatic sales would be enough in a couple weeks to clear the buy books (and Scrypt multi-pools are bleeding to death these days)

The NOXT burning reduced the monetary mass, but it's already back at the mid-september level.

There was also a mention of dividing the balances to avoid the penny-stock effect and leave the single-satoshi range, is it still on the table?

Also beyond the technical stuff, there needs to be some discussion of where to go next, and what to do with NOBL to set it apart. Might also be more motivational :-)

james6546

Activity: 691

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 09:37:01 AM

Right now NobleCoin could fall to zero [all buy orders filled] with less than $1,000

In terms of mining pressure, both major exchanges only have buy orders to cover a few days of 100% mining dumps, so multi-pools automatic sales would be enough in a couple weeks to clear the buy books (and Scrypt multi-pools are bleeding to death these days)

The NOXT burning reduced the monetary mass, but it's already back at the mid-september level.

There was also a mention of dividing the balances to avoid the penny-stock effect and leave the single-satoshi range, is it still on the table?

Also beyond the technical stuff, there needs to be some discussion of where to go next, and what to do with NOBL to set it apart. Might also be more motivational :-)

Sounds good to me.

So how would the dividing work, we put them on an exchange to swap for pos coins and you get 1/2 the new coins or something like that? I think that is a good idea, I think the large number of coins puts people off sometimes, plus I am tired of typing zeros!

I'm still hoping rofo comes back and gives us some direction, but if not I think we should start making a plan on where to go next.
RD965

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 09:57:14 AM

Sounds good to me.

So how would the dividing work, we put them on an exchange to swap for pos coins and you get 1/2 the new coins or something like that? I think that is a good idea, I think the large number of coins puts people off sometimes, plus I am tired of typing zeros!

I'm still hoping rofo comes back and gives us some direction, but if not I think we should start making a plan on where to go next.

Well in theory you had everything done and you dont need the dev right? Thats a community takeover
james6546

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 10:17:52 AM

Sounds good to me.

Well in theory you had everything done and you dont need the dev right? Thats a community takeover

Nah, IMO we still need someone to make decisions who has a clear vision of where noble is going after the pos transition. The best person for this is still rofo
fairglu
Legendary

Activity: 1100
Merit: 1030

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 10:27:44 AM

Another option that was tested is to just take a snapshot of the current chain, and distribute the balances at the time of the snapshot in the new chain, possibility dividing the amounts in the process.

In practice it means you would just update your wallet, or install the new wallet & copy-paste your old "wallet.dat" to it, and your balances would be carried over. There would not be any time limit to that approach, and people that missed the transition would not be penalized (provided they backed up their current wallet.dat or private keys, they could do the switch 6 months from now)

ctenc001

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 12:26:29 PM

Another option that was tested is to just take a snapshot of the current chain, and distribute the balances at the time of the snapshot in the new chain, possibility dividing the amounts in the process.

In practice it means you would just update your wallet, or install the new wallet & copy-paste your old "wallet.dat" to it, and your balances would be carried over. There would not be any time limit to that approach, and people that missed the transition would not be penalized (provided they backed up their current wallet.dat or private keys, they could do the switch 6 months from now)
I'd be against this.
Like with any coin theirs probably millions of NOBL that have been lost , abandoned, or accidentally destroyed. If we have a window to exchange, you get rid of all of these unusable coins, effectively lowering the total amount, and increasing the worth of each individual coin. This would also purge any unsold coins sitting on coinmarket.io, and other scammy exchanges. Last I checked coinmarket didn't even bother selling many of their altcoins. 

Make the window like 3 months long; thats plenty of time for anyone interested to exchange, and if you don't bother to check in on an investment at least once in three months, its on you for losing out.
sid7039

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 02:53:18 PM

GL to all you original guys, I can't watch this anymore. Sad

GL from me too.
Best!
jawitech

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 05:50:06 PM

ROFO should officially announce a team which can do tasks for him. So he has more free time and once in a week they talk together about the progress

Do you really think he's interested? To me it sounds as he is tired of attacks and complaints. I'm new to Nobl but noticed that here are some people doing nothing else than complaining, attacking, sitting on their coins and waiting for ROI. If so, I could understand his mood.
james6546

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 08:40:20 PM

ROFO should officially announce a team which can do tasks for him. So he has more free time and once in a week they talk together about the progress

Do you really think he's interested? To me it sounds as he is tired of attacks and complaints. I'm new to Nobl but noticed that here are some people doing nothing else than complaining, attacking, sitting on their coins and waiting for ROI. If so, I could understand his mood.

I really hope so, but as more time goes by I think it's more and more unlikely...
eagleflies

Activity: 440
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 08:52:27 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2015, 09:02:29 PM by eagleflies

Yep, I am thinking about taking a snapshot of current blockchain and distributing balances across new blockchain.

And I count on you fairglu - test block explorer will be really useful Wink I will provide more details when we have code ready,
GBattaglia

Activity: 735
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 01:38:22 AM

The fact of the matter is that trying to "save" NobleCoin is becoming more of an effort where it might not do any good.
The biggest thing NobleCoin had going for it was Rofo and the marketplace. If he has truly begun to jump ship [and while I hate to say this, I'm not blaming him],
then neither of those two things are useful to restart NobleCoin. So by the time the coin is actually fixed, what does it have?

It is just another clone, and even Bitcoin is having a hard time holding value over the past 15 months. The only people who could possibly benefit from "fix"
would be original investors, but the fact is they are out their money either way and most have left.

morphtrust

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 02:20:27 AM

the market place needs something that nowhere else it can be gotten, we have a chance at that if people want to talk seriously to me about it, most of what I need are old spare parts that people may be dumping and throwing away cause the tech in it is no longer suitable for the needs of the people. or is broken in a way that actually benefits my project. Anyone seriously interested in talking to me about this just contact me here via PM or over on the IRC channel, as I want and hope Rofo gets a chance to chime in and we can all have a round table discussion about it. open to all, of course.

"Violence, is the last refuge of the incompetent."
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right."
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 03:41:58 AM

The marketplace, Steps, gift card section and Pay are not going anywhere. The Marketplace is currently getting an overhaul first.

I'm not jumping ship. The focus is still on crypto services. I just stated I was done being held solely accountable and responsible for a global cryptocurrency with approx. 10,000+ wallets (I think it was?). Especially because the direction it is taking is not one of my choosing, but still one I support for democratic reasons.

morphtrust

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 04:30:10 AM

The marketplace, Steps, gift card section and Pay are not going anywhere. The Marketplace is currently getting an overhaul first.

I'm not jumping ship. The focus is still on crypto services. I just stated I was done being held solely accountable and responsible for a global cryptocurrency with approx. 10,000+ wallets (I think it was?). Especially because the direction it is taking is not one of my choosing, but still one I support for democratic reasons.

so this means (for clarification for others to know,)

you will be assigning positions to others?

stepping down? (my guess is this is a no, since you said you are not jumping ship)

continuing work on your goals and letting others shoulder other things like POS /POS-II if they are willing to do so? (this is what I am taking from this personally Smiley )

I still want to hold a more indepth discussion with you on what I wrote you about.

"Violence, is the last refuge of the incompetent."
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right."
Pages: « 1 ... 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 [477] 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: