Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:46:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 [1020] 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3058348 times)
Dutchyyy
Legendary

Activity: 1197
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 09:46:39 AM

Thanks for the updates Jared. I don't care what happens with the price in the short term as a break out moment can happen at any time. Trust me when I say I know I am behind the 2 best potential coins. The rest of the alts are just noise and BS.

Also picked up some coins as there is mutual respect between the 2 communities of dgb and nlg.So dgb must also be the real thing.It takes a long time to trust a project.
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 10:58:18 AM

The price of DGB might be going down but the value of the coin is not going down as fast because bitcoin price is going up, those holding bitcoin are benefitting and can get in at lower prices,if bitcoin price goes back over 500 USD a lot of coins will drop down in price but not as much in value. For those saying 1 Sat is the lowest, it's not, a coin trading pairing can then be dropped for LTC and go below 1 sat. This has occurred a lot with very high supply coins that are hopeless. I never expect 1 sat for DGB of course!.

You are right. DigiByte's price may be going down, but once Bitcoin price is stabilized at its high, then those coins dropped including DGB will rise again! So there is no point of selling any DGB. Just be patient, DGB is as safe as Bitcoin Wink

Bitcoin started going up about a month ago when the Chinese stock market started dropping. Watch BTC drop when the market starts rallying.

The "rally" won’t last long. I think we’ll see some real chaos and panic in financial markets come the 4th quarter. Martin Armstrong is one of the foremost renowned cyclic analysts around and his Economic Confidence Model agrees with that timing. http://www.economicconfidencemodels.com/ http://www.armstrongeconomics.com/models/7219-2

The Chinese stock market has only begun to fall with an intermediate term 1st wave down. A huge sell-off it was, and the “bounce” will be strong as a result, but I wouldn’t bank on it getting back to anywhere near recent highs or on it lasting more than a few months. Europe is falling apart (as much as I personally hate to say so) and that’s going to heat up in the autumn as well. US markets are so overvalued that it’s only a matter of time and finding an excuse (which those first two items just mentioned will provide).

If you think QE in all its forms has been unbelievable, hold on to your hats!

And who are the lucky recipients of all that newly created fiat currency going to be? The same people who were on the receiving end of QE until now, of course (certainly not the little guy, like you and me). And what will they do with that money? Continue “reaching for yield”, of course. And what will that include? You tell me, but what with stocks, bonds, and fiat currencies all losing value, I’ll bet that a couple of dollars will find their way into cryptocurrencies. It’s already begun to happen. I’ve pointed it out in several places recently, most notable here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1095434.0 The same has been reflected in recent news: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1100598.0

So, who gets all the free money?

How about these folks for starters:

Short list of the managers who will benefit from the “trickle up” new normal money management creation we will see.

BlackRock
Vanguard Group
State Street Global Advisors
Fidelity Investments  
J.P. Morgan Asset Mgmt.
BNY Mellon  
Capital Group
PIMCO
Deutsche Asset & Wealth
Goldman Sachs Group
Northern Trust Asset Mgmt.
TIAA-CREF
Prudential Financial
Wellington Mgmt.
NISA Investment
Legg Mason
Goldman Sachs Group
Manulife Asset Mgmt.
Geode Capital Mgmt.
Principal Global Investors
Legal & General Investment  

There will be a lot of money being “thrown around”. It’s not like anyone here expects billions to be thrown into cryptos (not in the short term anyway), not by any stretch of the imagination, and much less so in any one particular crypto (excepting BTC perhaps); however, there will certainly be millions, most likely hundreds of millions, short to medium term, destined for cryptocurrencies.

It’s not like anyone is thinking that we’re going to be able to get a direct interest in DGB either. The truth be said, none of these institutions, or their “smaller” brethren (the long list), take direct interest in anything of this sort. They prefer “baskets” of similar profile investments.

The idea is to get DGB included in those cryptocurrency investment “baskets”. My best estimate based on the money flow is that the large investors who have recently come into cryptos have "baskets" that are made up of 20-25 different currencies (and it looks consistent across the board . . . unless it's been limited to just one individual buyer). In my estimation, again based on the money flow, DGB is currently NOT included in any of those baskets. The goal is to change that, and it doesn’t matter that DGB is a long shot (yes, I think we’ve fallen back into undeniable “long shot” status), these institutions like to have a little bit of “long shot” in their portfolio as well. Get DGB included in those large investor baskets, and get it done ASAP, that would be the goal.

What’s more is that things don’t necessarily have to end in institutional investment – someone might make a personal decision based on something discovered in the workplace, for example, which could even extend to other friends and family. The campaign would be aimed at large known pools of money, but would not be exclusive to them alone, and most probably, like everything in life, would extend beyond the original target to destinations previously unimagined. More than anything we’re talking about making contact with the outside world, as it were, and doing so in the most professional and intelligent way we can.

The window of opportunity is narrow (as it is with everything in this business): you snooze, you lose.

On the other hand, as I’ve said before, if you don’t believe in your product to begin with, then you might as well just end this reading with a big “never mind”.

(This should be considered to only be part of a multi-pronged approach to addressing current adverse issues, in conjunction with things like algo substitutions – great to see so many favorable comments regarding that – and new user target marketing, to name but two other key items.)

Ah, what the hell. I’ve decided to find the time and take third party initiative on my own and send out “recommendations” with basic introductory information. Major institutions like to have independent, third party, analysis so anything I might add independently certainly won’t hurt. Including NOBL adds certain credibility as well. Cryptsy will receive free “advertising” also as a by product. Nevertheless, the main goal, that of informing people with the means and the need of a product they previously didn’t know about but will be glad they finally found out about, will be what's really important. Anyone who would like to help with snippets and ideas on what you think would most interest large investors, please feel free to PM me your suggestions.

HR,

You bring up many great points here. And I by all means am for creating an investor pack. Many of the companies you listed above I have read or heard from multiple sources are investing and getting into the digital currency space. I have had direct contact with people on Wall Street who are all trading digital currencies on the side and actively seeking out investment opportunities. I can also tell you we are pursing these opportunities privately as well.

It is very important to be in a position to seize the opportunity when this massive world wide debt bubble finally bursts. We are seeing the cracks around the foundation already starting to show ( Greece, Chinese Market).

The basket principle is definitely sound, and is the most logical option. We still want to take a multi pronged approach. Part of the video update will discuss another marketing avenue that is much more like to open doors than attempting a pure "currency" like approach.

As for the algorithm issue, there are things that need to be worked out and improved. As you mentioned above all signs point to a very turbulent Q4 of this year. Also, historically in the US pretty much every major stock market crash has occurred in the US in the September/ October time frame.

While I am not hoping or looking for this to occur, all signs are pointing to some turbulence in that time period. With that in mind, that time frame has become somewhat of a deadline to bring several of the projects we are working on together. Both on the technological front, but the marketing front. In order to do this several things need to come together before Q4.

Let us know if we can help with any of this. We are also working on a new set of marketing materials that might come in handy.

Cheers

Thank you DigiByte, for sharing your experience and knowledge on the subject, your efforts along the same lines, your thinking on what the near term future has in store for us, and, most importantly, your support of this little project of mine (to add to what you guys are already doing - every little bit helps).

Providing a rating and advisory service is something that I had planned to eventually do, not as soon as this, but as you know (and as I’ve not so subtlety alluded to when addressing others in these matters) time waits for no man.

When taking into consideration the great Google entry points we’ve got, the fantastic website, the phenomenal videos, and the like, I’ve decided that the most appropriate “mailing” (done via email, of course) for this particular effort should be one of basic introduction and direction to the many varied and excellent resources we already have in place.

I’d like to keep things limited to a one page letter equivalent email that is easy and quick to read, highlighted by the key selling points that make DBG one of the best investment opportunities currently available in cryptocurrencies. I also want to do that within a “Top 10” group of recommendations based on the analysis of development staff, technological soundness, community involvement, future prospects for mass adoption, and, of course, risk/reward appreciation potential.

The initial idea is to break things down into 3 categories: the 1000 to 1 appreciation potential group, the 100 to 1 appreciation potential group, and the 10 to 1 appreciation potential group. DGB obviously falls into the first of the three groups. I’m thinking along the lines of dedicating 1/3 of the page to DGB. NOBL also falls into that group, and would round out the first 1/2 of the page. At this time, VTC, SRC and QRK are all clear candidates for the 100 to 1 appreciation potential group as they clearly get very high marks in all areas of their fundamental analysis. They would get about a 1/4 of a page worth’s mention. The last 5 would assuredly include BTC and LTC (10 to 1 appreciation potential group), but I’m still not sure about the last 3 to round things out. This is one area where I could currently use some help: I’d be very grateful for suggestions about possible candidates to include in the list.

Another item that might seem trivial but that is actually extremely important in my opinion is the subject line. The person who receives the email will decided to either immediately delete or open the email based on what he or she sees in that subject line. All ideas for a 30 character or so subject line would also be most welcomed. “Top 10 CryptoCurrency Investments” looks to be the favorite for the time being.

Finally, and in interest of providing a bit more feedback with the end goal of improving on what we’ve got, I’d like to end with a couple of notes regarding some of the more important criticisms of the last few days. You acknowledge in your reply to o0o0 that you hadn’t been as communicative as you could have been these last few weeks. As I mentioned in a previous post, perception is almost everything (if not everything) and with that happening while price was crashing by over 50%, you left yourselves very open for people to start thinking that what we were seeing was typical “quiet period dev activity” in a P&D world and for them to subsequently begin to draw negative conclusions that put DGB in the same P&D camp as the rest. I can’t stress enough the need to be active and proactive, and much of the time that means simple engagement, posting a link to particular resources or documentation, for example, and essentially steering the conversation in the right direction and keeping things on track. This is another one of those things that looks trivial on the surface but that has great importance when seen from the point of view of the pre-emptive avoidance of all those very unnecessary misunderstandings, blown out of proportion criticisms and general loss of faith. Like it or not, the circumstances are such that the charge can be made based on the facts – true or not – and that very little effort and involvement could have completely avoided any and all possible negative appearances in this regard.

I would also recommend working on creating systematic ways of dealing with routine workplace responsibilities. For example, the neglect of the blog, as has been mentioned, what can be done to address that? A systematic way of dealing with that might be to set in place a policy where any announcement sent out on Twitter would automatically go on the blog too (and this forum as well). The idea here is that if it’s good enough and important enough for Twitter, it most certainly is for the blog. Furthermore, the blog gives you the possibility to expand on the tweet, and, obviously, to include a link to the blog in the tweet itself. As for this forum, a simple 30 second cut and paste of what you just did gets the job done. With that you’ve tripled your exposure with very little additional effort. If it’s good enough for Twitter (I’m only referring to official announcements and communications of course, re-tweets, responses to others, etc. obviously don’t fall into this category), it’s good enough for the blog, and vice versus, if it’s not good enough for the blog, perhaps it’s not good enough for Twitter. This type of systematic time management can actually help with the decision making regarding the dissemination of information as well as saving you time and getting you 3 for 1 coverage at the same time.

In a nutshell, I think if we were to summarize what’s been said recently, good PR is paramount, from adequately explained technicals to seemingly trivial matters like a simple continuous presence (obviously with more important things to say at times and less important things to say at other times, but always there, and with something of substance, even if it isn’t very important – people are always happy to hear about even the most insignificant work in progress). The solution really doesn’t take all that much effort, and the returns are so great that they’re practically invaluable.

Not to harp on things, but just to give one last example: where do you guys weigh in on the idea of a possible algo swap for sha and scrypt? Again, this is not to ask for a definitive decision one way or the other, or even clear ideas, rather it’s just to have a sense of your opinions and evaluations at this particular point in time (and nothing says they can’t change in the future). That kind of engagement, steering and direction of the community conversation is extremely valuable, and I, if I were you, on your side of the fence, would not let any occasion slip away and would always leverage every opportunity to respond (be it a personal or delegated) – there’s just too much to be gained!

Thanks again, and I’ll let you all know when I have a rough draft (and don’t forget about sending me your suggestions everyone!).

24hralttrade

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 11:17:24 AM

Hi Guys,

A great discussion is going on and Jared thanks for the update.
I'm so busy atm with some exciting projects and rebuilding my whole store so i cant be online as much as i want to.

Keep the good discussion rolling guys and have a good weekend.

Cheers and best

Ohh and dont forget to buy some cheap Digibytes offcourse.
Here in the Netherlands they say that only the sun is for free,Well Digibyte is coming really close to that now Smiley

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 12:11:08 PM

Hi Guys,

A great discussion is going on and Jared thanks for the update.
I'm so busy atm with some exciting projects and rebuilding my whole store so i cant be online as much as i want to.

Keep the good discussion rolling guys and have a good weekend.

Cheers and best

Ohh and dont forget to buy some cheap Digibytes offcourse.
Here in the Netherlands they say that only the sun is for free,Well Digibyte is coming really close to that now Smiley

Cheap is an understatement! And with the buy order book looking like crap, it could easily get a lot cheaper quick. Of course, the sell book doesn't look much better. (Don't accuse autosells from miners to be the problem here.)

The problem is a total lack of interest in DGB!

We'll get that remedied!

Great to hear that you're doing well. Have a great weekend too!

TamiLee

Activity: 637

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 02:55:43 PM

I can't complain about the price, I am mining more DGB then ever before. This is the first time since the announcement of the 250 000 USD investment the price has been this low.
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 05:37:31 PM

DigiByte,

Would it be possible to get the team page updated ( http://digibyte.co/content/digibyte-team ) with a little more specific information about the basic backgrounds and contribution levels of each member? I really like what Vertcoin has done ( https://vertcoin.org/wp/the-team/ ). Something along those lines? Maybe even shrinking the DigiByte logos a bit, or even substituting them with the DigiMan? Would that be possible?

I know it's not exactly what o0o0 has in mind,  Sad
but it would be a step in that same direction,
and it would likely create a more favorable first impression for high end investors.  Smiley

wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 06:20:45 AM

Thanks for the update Jared. Smiley
The_Cashier

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 06:37:29 AM

DigiByte,

Would it be possible to get the team page updated ( http://digibyte.co/content/digibyte-team ) with a little more specific information about the basic backgrounds and contribution levels of each member? I really like what Vertcoin has done ( https://vertcoin.org/wp/the-team/ ). Something along those lines? Maybe even shrinking the DigiByte logos a bit, or even substituting them with the DigiMan? Would that be possible?

I know it's not exactly what o0o0 has in mind,  Sad
but it would be a step in that same direction,
and it would likely create a more favorable first impression for high end investors.  Smiley

Good idea to have more details, anyway digibyte team page looks more professional than vertcoin.
Thx Jared for update.
Shuxy

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 07:29:55 AM

Very inspiring to see that after such a long hiatus (me), DGB is still going on and being developed Smiley!
EPLDCC

Activity: 245

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 07:52:22 AM

DIGIBYTE GROUP PROJECT UPDATE (July 13, 2015):

WE HAVE SENT OUT THE PRESS RELEASE FOR THE DIGIBYTE GAMING WALLET.  I WILL POST UPDATES ABOUT THE MEDIA RESPONSE AS SOON AS I HAVE THEM.

I want to personally thank everyone who supported and contributed to the press release.

As soon as I receive a final invoice from CoinDesk (probably within 48 hours), I will post a project accounting summary.

You can view the press release here:  https://digibytegroup.com/project-155/
Shuxy

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 07:57:02 AM

Any place I can by DGB directly (with cash/credit card/paypal)? I know of https://www.litebit.eu, interested to learn more options.

Thanks!
Jumbley
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 08:07:04 AM

WE HAVE SENT OUT THE PRESS RELEASE FOR THE DIGIBYTE GAMING WALLET.  I WILL POST UPDATES ABOUT THE MEDIA RESPONSE AS SOON AS I HAVE THEM.

I want to personally thank everyone who supported and contributed to the press release.

As soon as I receive a final invoice from CoinDesk (probably within 48 hours), I will post a project accounting summary.

nice one Eric.  Smiley Thank you.
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 11:43:57 AM

Excited to see it on CoinDesk once it's published!

(They charge for press releases?)

TamiLee

Activity: 637

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 01:29:25 PM

Is DGB also going to be reducing supply like Myraid coin? MentalCollatz and 8bitcoder are 2 devs Jared has hired before to do work for digibyte so is myraidcoin going to be the test for digibyte again?

That will be good NOT, only 21 000 people can own a million coins so get in before it's too late.
Chyton

Activity: 322
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 03:05:08 PM

Did anyone having trouble for the iOS wallet?? Currently i'm unable to unlock it , can't spend anything but i can receive and get a new address  Sad
PS : i'm on iOS 8.4

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
ycagel

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 05:18:35 PM

Since marketing is a big subject that has been discussed, does anyone know someone who has successfully marketed other digital currencies outside of the forum community, Twitter, FB, etc? Like mainstream promotion? This may be a vital asset for us to spread the word and not stretch Jared and his team more than they are.

YC
EPLDCC

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 06:03:16 PM

Did anyone having trouble for the iOS wallet?? Currently i'm unable to unlock it , can't spend anything but i can receive and get a new address  Sad
PS : i'm on iOS 8.4

Try tapping on the "DigiByte" at the top of the screen, once you tap there, it should allow you to enter the phone's passcode.  When I first installed the app, it took me a little while to figure that out.

If that doesn't work, try to re-enter that secret phrase ...
EPLDCC

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 06:03:48 PM

nice one Eric.  Smiley Thank you.

Thanks.
EPLDCC

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 06:07:34 PM

Excited to see it on CoinDesk once it's published!

(They charge for press releases?)

Yes.  They charge (sort of).  Currently they are running a promotion where the press release is free (usually it's $99).  But, they still charge for images and links ($15 per image and $25 per link).

We raised enough money from community contributions to have 2 images and 2 links.

Actually, CoinDesk is a bargain.  I think it's CryptoCoinNews that charges $199 for the press release.

Once the press release is approved, they send the invoice.  It will appear in the "press releases" section of their site.  It's still up to them if they want to publish a featured story about it.

halinyo
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

The future is bright with DigiByte.

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 07:36:17 PM

Is DGB also going to be reducing supply like Myraid coin? MentalCollatz and 8bitcoder are 2 devs Jared has hired before to do work for digibyte so is myraidcoin going to be the test for digibyte again?

That will be good NOT, only 21 000 people can own a million coins so get in before it's too late.

Nice way of a call !!! lol
Pages: « 1 ... 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 [1020] 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: