Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:31:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 [841] 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ASIC-RESISTANT] UltraCoin (UTC) - Ultrafast 6 second transactions!!  (Read 946563 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
RichardMiner

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 04:50:17 PM

Thankyou for the quick reply. I have read the previous messgage and tbh it is a very vauge and understated e-mail / exscuse. But never mind. I will give you guys a little more info. The pool will up and runnig for beta this weekend. More details on that over our inital testing. I myself mined UTC from day one. But myself and paul ( business partner ) decided to sell most of our farm and we have concentrated solely on sha 256 asic machines and built it up at a steady and strong pace.we are now in a position allthough new members to bitcointalk we are not new to the crypto scene to help in the efforts of UTC, and help it to achieve its full potential. Our site tba will to start with not be the prettiest as we have worked on the backend more than front of shop :-) but it does what it says on the tin. We are also in the process of having it setup to auto payout unlike the cryptotrain pool that was done manually and at irregular times. We are aiming from the getgo to have a fully automated system. We will be following cryptotrains mehod to start with and having a ZERO pool fee, but wr have discussed and the maximum this will ever increase to will be 1.5% and one more thing we have started to discuss is the possibility of people donating as it does happen. If our miners start to do this we will eneter the donating miners into a sweepstake every week/fortnight/month whatever we think is best to win the pot. We are all here to make money but at the samr time we ALL can give a little something extra and this is our way :-)

Thanks craig (bigd)

I love your idea.
It would be great if you can make a new UTC multipool.

But to be honest, if you only ask 1,5% pool fee you don't make it unless you get many many miners on the multipool.
The cost for maintenance and hosting cost (like dedicated server) etc wil cost you a lot.

An multipool needs, IMHO, at least enough miners equal to 4 or 5 GH's at the minimum to break even.
Cryptotrain reach't never more then 1 GH and it was only for a view days on that top with miners.

Anyway.... lets hope you can make a good an professional multipool.
I will put my rigs on it.
I will even gladly pay 2% or 3% pool fee and will do some extra donations .....

http://ultracoin.net/ ~ Ultracoin Website  http://ultracointalk.org/ ~ UltracoinTalk Forum
http://ultracoinpool.info/ ~ Ultracoin Pool http://ultracoins.info/ ~ Ultracoin Pool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bigD27

Activity: 146

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:05:01 PM

Thankyou for the quick reply. I have read the previous messgage and tbh it is a very vauge and understated e-mail / exscuse. But never mind. I will give you guys a little more info. The pool will up and runnig for beta this weekend. More details on that over our inital testing. I myself mined UTC from day one. But myself and paul ( business partner ) decided to sell most of our farm and we have concentrated solely on sha 256 asic machines and built it up at a steady and strong pace.we are now in a position allthough new members to bitcointalk we are not new to the crypto scene to help in the efforts of UTC, and help it to achieve its full potential. Our site tba will to start with not be the prettiest as we have worked on the backend more than front of shop :-) but it does what it says on the tin. We are also in the process of having it setup to auto payout unlike the cryptotrain pool that was done manually and at irregular times. We are aiming from the getgo to have a fully automated system. We will be following cryptotrains mehod to start with and having a ZERO pool fee, but wr have discussed and the maximum this will ever increase to will be 1.5% and one more thing we have started to discuss is the possibility of people donating as it does happen. If our miners start to do this we will eneter the donating miners into a sweepstake every week/fortnight/month whatever we think is best to win the pot. We are all here to make money but at the samr time we ALL can give a little something extra and this is our way :-)

Thanks craig (bigd)

I love your idea.

But to be honest, if you only ask 1,5% pool fee you don't make it unless you get many many miners on the multipool.
The cost for maintenance and hosting cost (like dedicated server) etc wil cost you a lot.

An multipool needs, IMHO, at least enough miners equal to 4 or 5 GH's at the minimum to break even.
Cryptotrain reach't never more then 1 GH and it was only for a view days on that top with miners.

thankyou all for the messages. If I am to be honest we hold a considerable amount of UTC we want for a few reasons the coin to flourish. The biggest asset the coin has is the transaction speeds. We see this as a massive plus for the coin and in terms of acceptance. Paying via UTC is as quick as reaching for my wallet crabbing my cc card and typing the pin in. This should be one of its biggest marketing ploys. If in the future we do need to increase pool fees then we will always be open honest and upfront and give notice. We have set aside funds for the next 6 months minimum to pay for everyhing in term of the multipool. Allthough 6 months does not seem a long time it was only 6 months ago btc was around the 800-900 $ mark.... I / we welcome all ideas as to any feature or coins being minned on the multipool. I am currently on the move at the moment but will be able to update more this evening / tomorrow. But rest assured the multipool is coming and we are here to stay and to hopefully attract miners.
funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:12:14 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2014, 05:24:02 PM by funsponge

according to coinmarketcap.com Ultracoin's 24 hour volume was $23!? This is obviously incorrect and is really off putting to potential investors!

Can the management team contact them to work out why they are not getting the correct data?

Also great news to hear about the new Multipool and welcome to the community!! We have our ups and downs but are a good bunch :-)
RichardMiner

Activity: 181

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:02:10 PM

Thanks craig (bigd)

I love your idea.

thankyou all for the messages. If I am to be honest we hold a considerable amount of UTC we want for a few reasons the coin to flourish. The biggest asset the coin has is the transaction speeds. We see this as a massive plus for the coin and in terms of acceptance. Paying via UTC is as quick as reaching for my wallet crabbing my cc card and typing the pin in. This should be one of its biggest marketing ploys. If in the future we do need to increase pool fees then we will always be open honest and upfront and give notice. We have set aside funds for the next 6 months minimum to pay for everyhing in term of the multipool. Allthough 6 months does not seem a long time it was only 6 months ago btc was around the 800-900 $ mark.... I / we welcome all ideas as to any feature or coins being minned on the multipool. I am currently on the move at the moment but will be able to update more this evening / tomorrow. But rest assured the multipool is coming and we are here to stay and to hopefully attract miners.

If you get a good multipool up and running.... and you pay out every 24 hour.... i believe many miners wil step in to it and dont mind to pay 2 or 3% or even 4% poolfee.  I also believe even some miners will give some extra donations.
We need now a trustworthy multipool. No games. Shure and safe. And pay outs every 24 hours like the atomic world  lock.

Do it please. Make it please. I mine on your multipool.

http://ultracoin.net/ ~ Ultracoin Website  http://ultracointalk.org/ ~ UltracoinTalk Forum
http://ultracoinpool.info/ ~ Ultracoin Pool http://ultracoins.info/ ~ Ultracoin Pool
Crypto-Trade

Activity: 220

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 06:05:49 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2014, 06:52:46 PM by Crypto-Trade

Hey guys,

i urgently need to speak to a dev!
We're having a problem with our UTC wallet and can't figure out what's wrong here:

every rpc call is taking like 10min+
if you do /ultracoind getinfo the response comes after approx. 10min
AND
the wallet consumes 100% CPU

Any help is appreciated. We're working on it since two days, and have already synced the wallet
multiple times, which didnt work out.

Regards,
Crypto-Trade

bigD27

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:27:09 PM

Thanks craig (bigd)

I love your idea.

If you get a good multipool up and running.... and you pay out every 24 hour.... i believe many miners wil step in to it and dont mind to pay 2 or 3% or even 4% poolfee.  I also believe even some miners will give some extra donations.
We need now a trustworthy multipool. No games. Shure and safe. And pay outs every 24 hours like the atomic world  lock.

Do it please. Make it please. I mine on your multipool.
Thw pool is on its way. To quote my partner in regards of higher fees. "For the community" if we ever need to pursue increasing fees higher than our estimate we will always come to the miners first and see what we can do. We have discussed tonight regarding donations teying to be proactive and maybe invest in some advertising for bith the pool and more over the coin. Who knows all we want is to be able to provide a pool for UTC that in turn cann start to increase the price of UTC. Thats the ultimate goal for everyone I believe.  :-)  Also please exscuse any nad spelling I hate autocorrect on the phone but I do need it at times :-)

Thanks craig.
bumface (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 10:58:11 PM

Hey guys,

We're having a problem with our UTC wallet and can't figure out what's wrong here:

AND

Any help is appreciated. We're working on it since two days, and have already synced the wallet

Regards,
Crypto-Trade

do you have 1.0.4.1?

Crypto-Trade

Activity: 220

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 11:20:03 AM

Hey guys,

AND

Regards,
Crypto-Trade

do you have 1.0.4.1?

Of course we have. And we did nearly everything else to get UTC (and CINNI) back to work.. until we found an article about PoS dust by David Latapie who describes exactly our Problem: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=606342
Seems like every Exchange has to move their coins to another wallet from time to time to get rid of PoS dust (which means we have to move hundrets of wallets every 3 months or so...thank you PoS)

bigD27

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:47:55 AM

Hi all. Just a quick update. Talks were ongoing last night we have settled upon our multi coins for custom profit checking. These do differ slightly from the last multipool but we believe we have a very strong mix of coins to be going at. We have finally decided upon a domain ( to be revealed ) we did not want a generic name and have kept it all geared towards UTC. We also have some advertising in the pipeline should this venture take off. Now this weekend we hope to have both internal and external testing of the pool. We are confident that its all good but you never know. To start with we will have payments auto every 24 hours but we may in time decrease this never a increase the maximum is 24 hours.And one final note right from the get go we will have scrypt x11 and sha-256

Thanks Craig.
primouno

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:57:48 AM

Hi all. Just a quick update. Talks were ongoing last night we have settled upon our multi coins for custom profit checking. These do differ slightly from the last multipool but we believe we have a very strong mix of coins to be going at. We have finally decided upon a domain ( to be revealed ) we did not want a generic name and have kept it all geared towards UTC. We also have some advertising in the pipeline should this venture take off. Now this weekend we hope to have both internal and external testing of the pool. We are confident that its all good but you never know. To start with we will have payments auto every 24 hours but we may in time decrease this never a increase the maximum is 24 hours.

Thabks Craig.
Great news. Can't wait to mine at your pool. I'm going on holiday for a week and when I'm back everything should work Smiley Payouts may be delayed because of exchanges and some coins have very long confirmation times :/

UTC address: UMzy2N8oTFmcQ2bfZoqLnmXsWzvfA8miRy
http://ultracoin.net/    -- Ultracoin Website        http://ultracointalk.org/  -- UltracoinTalk Forum
bigD27

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 12:04:32 PM

Well hopefully we should have a little surprise we are aiming like I said for payments every 24 hours. It is a fully automated system. So we MAY implement sells every 16 hours for eg and payout every 24hours. We have put thought into the pool. But we still need testing and patience as I hope every miner here can appreciate we will be relatively small in terms of multipools so we hsve to find that right balance of profitable coins vs difficulty of coins. We wont be far wrong / off but only time will tell. :-) And once again thankyounfor the kind words :-) we like the UTC community.

Thanks Craig.
PaulR1

Activity: 320

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 12:36:01 PM

according to coinmarketcap.com Ultracoin's 24 hour volume was $23!? This is obviously incorrect and is really off putting to potential investors!

Can the management team contact them to work out why they are not getting the correct data?

Also great news to hear about the new Multipool and welcome to the community!! We have our ups and downs but are a good bunch :-)

I contacted them and they corrected the bug just now .....

http://ultracoin.net/ ~ Ultracoin Website         http://ultracointalk.org/ ~ UltracoinTalk Forum
Uggle

Activity: 228

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 05:09:58 PM

Leaving a wallet open 24/7 costs more electricity (and CPU power, more on this later) but also make you benefit more from compounded interest (interests adding to capital so that next time capital to base interest upon will be bigger - in a bank, you compound your interest once an year, in crypto, at the end of each period, so every twenty days for Mintcoin). If you received all of your coins in just one big transaction, you could just stick to open wallet at every stake period and this is it. You receive your coins, and they count for the next stake. But if you received them in several parts (99% of users) there are end-of-period occuring a lot and so opportunity for compounding interests occuring a lot (in other words, "it's every day twenty days"). By just opening you wallet every 20 days, you are actually losing compounded interest. Notice that with compounded interest, you should achieve more than 20% interest on Mintcoin (at the cost of electricity, though and less CPU-mining power, though). It is not worth it if you don't have a lot of coin (except if you don't pay for your electricity).
Beware though: the multiplication of the end-of-period generates "dust", something similar to fragmentation on a disk. This won't increase the size of your wallet, but it will require more CPU power. You may end up with 100% CPU usage. Raspberry or VPS are ways to mitigate this. Another way is to resort to "spring cleaning": every once in a while, you move all your coin to another wallet; you sacrifice every coin age to get back to a normal level of CPU usage. Heartbreaking.

I just found the reason why my laptop battery un-charges so quickly. Thanks for the heads up!

UTC UTC UTC
barbados-fs

Activity: 837
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 07:06:07 PM

Got YACMiner working, just had to download a new copy and that seemed to do the trick. What is everyones hashrate with the R9 280x?
3.9kh/s or so, did you use the config app?

4.58 kh/s Asus R9 280x

"Coздaть ceнcopнyю ceть гopoдa - этo нe дopoгo, нe cлoжнo и пo cooтнoшeнию зaтpaты / эффeкт для гopoдa - нeoцeнимo! He нyжнo ждaть пoкa кopпopaции и гocyдapcтвa cдeлaют тaкиe ceнcopныe ceти и бyдyт иx oбcлyживaть - этo бyдeт дopoгo и бyдeт coбиpaть бoльшe дaнныx o нac c вaми, чeм мы бы этoгo xoтeли!" (c)Aira.life
rapture333

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 08:44:59 PM

I am getting about ~3.9Kb/s from the config.

rapture333

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 10:58:39 PM

Start a topic today over at the new and improved Ultracointalk.org/ The only forum on the internet dedicated to Ultracoin. A place that Ultracoin can call home, and a place that discussions can be documented, filed and retrieved for the future. Nothing shows investors a community is dedicated more than its own forum! Consider signing up and joining the discussion today!

Ultracointalk.org/

rapture333

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 12:02:04 AM
Last edit: July 26, 2014, 12:52:37 PM by rapture333

FOLLOW THIS THREAD HERE: http://ultracointalk.org/index.php?topic=155.0

Hello ladies & gentlemen, today I am proud to announce an exciting new contest hosted by UltracoinTalk. We are hosting a design competition for whoever can come up with the most creative, most marketable, and most voted for t-shirt design that will be handed out at events & festivals and will be worn by people who will be supporting Ultracoin. Not only will you prove your talent, but you will also be creating an invaluable marketing tool for Ultracoin. The t-shirts will be sold/given away at various high traffic venues, marketing Ultracoin to the general public and starting conversations. Can you picture the following event: Ultra Music festival in Miami, Florida, thousands of young, enthusiastic electric music fans are congregating to enter one of the most popular music festivals in North America. People coming from all over the world to visit the festival, and your t-shirt design is being handed out to audience, marketing Ultracoin, raising awareness, and getting people interested in crypto-currency for the first time.

Can you picture the following events: End The Fed rallies, Occupy protests, libertarian conventions, political gatherings, crypto currency conventions, sports games, festivals, etc. The shirts can be given away at events to promote Ultracoin, sold to support our marketing efforts, and available for the community to show off our support for Ultracoin while starting conversations with friends, family and strangers. This is a great opportunity to grab attention and show the public what an alternative to paper fiat looks like.

These are ideas you may want to consider for your design:

- Implements the Ultracoin logo or theme
- Portrays Ultracoin as a 21st century form of digital currency
- Contains links to further information, such as QR codes or URL
- Looks great and grabs peoples attention
- Communicates some of Ultracoins key attributes

This competition is a grass roots effort to bring Ultracoin to the public sphere, the t-shirts will allow us to get people interested in the idea of Ultracoin while allowing them to market Ultracoin for us just by wearing the shirt. If sold, these t-shirts can fuel our marketing efforts with more capital to invest into bigger projects, sending affiliates out to crypto related events, and allow us to start merchandising to the public.

So how do you get involved in the competition? Simply create your design, you have the option of putting your design on a t-shirt template to show it off or you can create the design over a normal canvas as a regular image. Post your design on the official thread at Ultracointalk.org and gain enough votes to win by the deadline. Rules of the contest can be found below. The most important thing to remember is that your design will potentially be worn by hundreds of people, so make sure you are proud of it!

If you don't have the artistic talent to participate in the contest, you may be asking what can I do to help? The first thing you can do is spread this contest around social media, do you have any friends with artistic talent? Just because they aren't involved in Ultracoin doesn't mean they can't start! Do you know businesses that might want to get involved! Let them know about the competition! The next thing you can do is add UTC to the jackpot, this will increase incentive for designers to get involved. And lastly, and most importantly, head on over to the forum and vote for your favorite design.

Competition Start Date: Immediately
Nominations Begin: September 1st @ 12:00AM
Competition End Date: September 7th @ 11:59PM

Competition Rules:
1) All entries must be the original artwork of the creator
2) No copyrighted material may be used in your design without full ownership
3) You consent to allowing the Ultracoin marketing team to have full ownership of your design or you may release your design under the Creative Commons License
4) Any designs deemed innapropriate or irrelevant may be censored or deleted by the contest administration
5) You may upload your artwork as a downloadable image file, a direct link, or host it on the UltracoinTalk server or other third party image host service
6) Whether or not your design is on a t-shirt template or regular canvas is up to you
7) Your artwork will be judged by the public and the most voted for design wins
8) You will be contacted through private message or e-mail when you have placed in the competition and prizes will be transferred
9) The raw high resolution image file (and project file if available) must be sent to steven@ultracoin.net

Prizes:

Grand Prize (First Place)
- 10,000 UTC
- The Ultracoin Jackpot
- 10 Ultracoin Physical Wallets For Friends Family & Self (Option of SSSS or Cold Storage Template)
- 3 Months Of Premium Hosting On UseUltracoin.com
- Free T-Shirt

Second Place
- 5 Ultracoin Physical Wallets For Friends Family & Self (Option of SSSS or Cold Storage Design)
- 1 Month Of Premium Hosting On UseUltracoin.com
- Shoutout On Social Media
- Free T-Shirt Of Winning Design

Third Place
- 1 Ultracoin Physical Wallet (Option of Cold Storage Design)
- Free T-Shirt Of Winning Design

Honorable Mentions

Ultracoin Jackpot Address:
Jackpot address: Uk8XH2z9vhdKcwNLbjPmgJ3aaGCWkqqGwW
Blockchain Link: http://goo.gl/tQ1IOZ

FOLLOW THIS THREAD HERE: http://ultracointalk.org/index.php?topic=155.0

Uggle

Activity: 228

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:16:13 AM

Great! I have been sending tweets to Ultra Music festival accounts for months, maybe people can also join me in that quest ?  Grin

UTC UTC UTC
rapture333

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 02:47:38 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2014, 04:45:15 PM by rapture333

Great! I have been sending tweets to Ultra Music festival accounts for months, maybe people can also join me in that quest ?  Grin

I used to live in Miami so I know how huge Ultra is down here. The local Universities are deserted during Ultra week and no one showed up to class on Monday, events like this are BIG. Now keep in mind these shirts aren't just for Ultra Music Fest, but all events that could be used as opportunities to promote Ultracoin in general, there are plenty of events in South Florida where people come from all around the world, representing all walks of life, not just young, but old, tech savvy and old fashioned. Obviously the younger generation is much more technically inclined then the older generations, these are the people that are using and adopting currencies like Bitcoin for the first time. Although libertarian minded folks and others will be more than interested in the prospect of Ultracoin no matter what their age. These shirts could be used as a marketing tool that could be a template for anyone that wants to print the design and go to a local event and sell/give away the shirts to promote the coin. As far as the shirts go, the shirt itself could be modified for each event or cut a certain way to make it more appealing to the crowd, it all depends on what the winning design is.

Thiago1

Activity: 138

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 05:21:17 PM

Hi Folks sorry for kept quiet for so long I want to ask please spread the hashing around the

pools i know we have only 2 but i working to try make 3 to kept the ultracoin network security

Pages: « 1 ... 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 [841] 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 »
  Print  

Jump to: