Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:54:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 [798] 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ASIC-RESISTANT] UltraCoin (UTC) - Ultrafast 6 second transactions!!  (Read 946563 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
NDW467

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 06:05:08 PM

Without sounding downhearted - we need to attract buyers and new investors. Miners will always dump so to lift the price higher we need more buyers & traders. To do this the obvious thing is to make UTC aware to these buyers. To do this where do you go? . . . the place they buy altcoins!!!

So if ANY of you have a spare 5 minutes just hop along to the cryptsy chat box and educate buyers on UTC.  I'm baffled no other altcoin community members do it. Each day there are new members joining and wanting to know "the next big coin" There's 100's to pick from, so by making them aware of  UTC at least they will know more about our coin & maybe look out for its price on a daily basis. Without any advertising budget this is one of the only ways we can gain ground on the top 20 coins.

If we do have a small advertising budget can I suggest we advertise on coinmarketcap.com - they have 3 million hits a month and all those hits are our target audience.

Will there be weekly updates on what we have achieved or tried to do in the last 7 days? - give me something to tell people and tweet about!?

Also can the owners of the pools perhaps on the main page have a polite notice stating our target price is 0.003 so ask not so sell UTC so cheap?

I think this has happened so much that its turning people away. I was on cryptsy one day and some started promoting UTC only to be immediately met with "SHUT UP ABOUT UTC ALREADY!"

People have been tweeting about it for months as well, need I remind everyone of the definition of insanity?

What has worked? Wallet updates, new features, and pumps, but I've never seen anything but annoyance when people spam about UTC. I'm thinking its starting to give it a bad reputation.

Just my 2 cents.

can I ask for your ideas and what your doing other than reading this forum daily 'hoping' the price goes up without actually doing anything. Be more proactive. Without a budget how else do you expect to attract buyers without telling them whats on offer!!  - your just trying to shoot down someone willing to help! I'm donating 3 hours a day helping UTC. I can see why DCGirl left now - you help and all you get back is criticism. Maybe I should move to another community willing to take someone who donates so much time. And in the process take my 2000 twitter followers and sell my 220k UTC

Easy there tiger.

I work between 75-85 hours a week and have a family. I don't have a twitter account and don't have time to use any of the other social media stuff for my own personal uses. I have invested quite a bit into this as well, I have a bag of similar size that I bought. THAT was my contribution. Thanks for what you're doing, but don't expect everyone to have so much spare time to as you do.

Before you think I'm just trying to criticize, I'm recommending that we re-evaluate our methods. I haven't seen any movement whatsoever from spamming UTC via trollboxes or twitter myself, why in the hell would I donate what little time I have with my family to do something that obviously doesn't work? What have I done to help? I've gradually invested more BTC into the exchanges (you see those bumps on the long term graphs?) and GUESS WHAT? Volume went up in addition to my own, the price went up, and everyone got excited. People want to invest in something they see moving up to get short term profits. They're the easiest traders to pull in. You just have to keep the momentum going as some start to cash out. After that initial group cashes out, long term investors can be persuaded to buy in should the price continue to rise.

We need a runaway reaction to start off of a price increase like that if we want this to go anywhere. A piece of good news or an update or something new generally goes a long way.

Anyone here want to surmise a guess as to why BTCe Admin hates DOGE? Could it be for all the spamming? Hmmm...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
barbados-fs

Activity: 837
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 06:54:31 PM

Easy there tiger.

I work between 75-85 hours a week and have a family. I don't have a twitter account and don't have time to use any of the other social media stuff for my own personal uses. I have invested quite a bit into this as well, I have a bag of similar size that I bought. THAT was my contribution. Thanks for what you're doing, but don't expect everyone to have so much spare time to as you do.

Before you think I'm just trying to criticize, I'm recommending that we re-evaluate our methods. I haven't seen any movement whatsoever from spamming UTC via trollboxes or twitter myself, why in the hell would I donate what little time I have with my family to do something that obviously doesn't work? What have I done to help? I've gradually invested more BTC into the exchanges (you see those bumps on the long term graphs?) and GUESS WHAT? Volume went up in addition to my own, the price went up, and everyone got excited. People want to invest in something they see moving up to get short term profits. They're the easiest traders to pull in. You just have to keep the momentum going as some start to cash out. After that initial group cashes out, long term investors can be persuaded to buy in should the price continue to rise.

We need a runaway reaction to start off of a price increase like that if we want this to go anywhere. A piece of good news or an update or something new generally goes a long way.

Anyone here want to surmise a guess as to why BTCe Admin hates DOGE? Could it be for all the spamming? Hmmm...
Yesterday at mintpal.com someone took only 0.2 BTC that would drop the price from 0.00003 to 0.000012, and she still has not recovered to its previous level. I think even 3-5 BTC enough that would chase price above 0.0001

"Coздaть ceнcopнyю ceть гopoдa - этo нe дopoгo, нe cлoжнo и пo cooтнoшeнию зaтpaты / эффeкт для гopoдa - нeoцeнимo! He нyжнo ждaть пoкa кopпopaции и гocyдapcтвa cдeлaют тaкиe ceнcopныe ceти и бyдyт иx oбcлyживaть - этo бyдeт дopoгo и бyдeт coбиpaть бoльшe дaнныx o нac c вaми, чeм мы бы этoгo xoтeли!" (c)Aira.life
funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 07:31:55 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2014, 07:52:14 PM by funsponge

Without sounding downhearted - we need to attract buyers and new investors. Miners will always dump so to lift the price higher we need more buyers & traders. To do this the obvious thing is to make UTC aware to these buyers. To do this where do you go? . . . the place they buy altcoins!!!

So if ANY of you have a spare 5 minutes just hop along to the cryptsy chat box and educate buyers on UTC.  I'm baffled no other altcoin community members do it. Each day there are new members joining and wanting to know "the next big coin" There's 100's to pick from, so by making them aware of  UTC at least they will know more about our coin & maybe look out for its price on a daily basis. Without any advertising budget this is one of the only ways we can gain ground on the top 20 coins.

If we do have a small advertising budget can I suggest we advertise on coinmarketcap.com - they have 3 million hits a month and all those hits are our target audience.

Will there be weekly updates on what we have achieved or tried to do in the last 7 days? - give me something to tell people and tweet about!?

Also can the owners of the pools perhaps on the main page have a polite notice stating our target price is 0.003 so ask not so sell UTC so cheap?

I think this has happened so much that its turning people away. I was on cryptsy one day and some started promoting UTC only to be immediately met with "SHUT UP ABOUT UTC ALREADY!"

People have been tweeting about it for months as well, need I remind everyone of the definition of insanity?

What has worked? Wallet updates, new features, and pumps, but I've never seen anything but annoyance when people spam about UTC. I'm thinking its starting to give it a bad reputation.

Just my 2 cents.

can I ask for your ideas and what your doing other than reading this forum daily 'hoping' the price goes up without actually doing anything. Be more proactive. Without a budget how else do you expect to attract buyers without telling them whats on offer!!  - your just trying to shoot down someone willing to help! I'm donating 3 hours a day helping UTC. I can see why DCGirl left now - you help and all you get back is criticism. Maybe I should move to another community willing to take someone who donates so much time. And in the process take my 2000 twitter followers and sell my 220k UTC

Easy there tiger.

If you think I sit there saying "BUY UTC" for 2 hours then you are delusional. Your just another backseat driver full of wind. When you have something constructive to say pipe up otherwise stay in the "WE SHOULD DO" seat like many others who cant be bothered to do anything
jacobshm

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 08:03:43 PM

come on guys, please lets stop this bickering, those who can help, please do so, those who cant, thanks for holding

can we consider my idea of spamming the trollboxes at the same time with conversations instead of just "buy utc"? nobody ever complains when its 2-3 people discussing a specific coin

if i had more money to spend i would double down on utc so fast... i got a feeling  Grin
Marnie1976

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 08:07:39 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2014, 08:28:37 PM by Marnie1976

Just my 2 cents.

Easy there tiger.

If you think I sit there saying "BUY UTC" for 2 hours then you are delusional. Your just another backseat driver full of wind. When you have something constructive to say pipe up otherwise stay in the "WE SHOULD DO" seat like many others who cant be bothered to do anything

@funsponge...

Why you are always on the attack side...
You attack almost everyone here.
Nobody seems to do a good job for UTC in your opinion.
Every time you tell how you are the best sitting alone for hours talking on crypsy and how much UTC coins you have bought and want to invest a lot of BTC more
Thank you for that. Really. Serious. Respect funsponge.
But try to understand that not everybody can do that or is the same as you.
We need at UTC all kind and types of supporters.
Nobody is better then the other.
Everybody does support UTC his way.
Start respecting that.
With every time attacking others you don't make friends and loose all respect finally at the end.

And if you only want to attack, ....maybe then its really better you do as you suggest your self just before: Then please indeed go to a other community and take your 2000 Twitter followers and your 220K of UTC with you.

PS; This I just positive critic, I am not attacking you so please don't start now back on me ok  Wink I just want to make you think.
PS-2: Don't attack my bad English either, because I think you get the message if you read between the lines.

Marnie1976

Activity: 275

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 08:16:17 PM

come on guys, please lets stop this bickering, those who can help, please do so, those who cant, thanks for holding

+1
NDW467

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 08:44:47 PM

Now that I've updated my ignore list, might I recommend using multiple accounts and having a conversation with yourself? That is, if someone else doesn't do it with you.
RichardMiner

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 08:57:14 PM

Now that I've updated my ignore list, might I recommend using multiple accounts and having a conversation with yourself? That is, if someone else doesn't do it with you.

who is your message addressed to ?

http://ultracoin.net/ ~ Ultracoin Website  http://ultracointalk.org/ ~ UltracoinTalk Forum
http://ultracoinpool.info/ ~ Ultracoin Pool http://ultracoins.info/ ~ Ultracoin Pool
tsjaar

Activity: 135

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:04:50 PM

Hello im not new on the cryptoworld even not with the ultracoin as i think is one of the best coins out there but i have been watching the community from the outside until today that i decided to make an account and express my ideas .Why we cannot just arange a buying meeting on mintpal or cryptsy and just keep buying until we push the price to 0.00007-0.0001 i can use 2-5 btc ..if we gather all the community to buy this can attract some new buyers also some investors.....on the other side i dont have too much idea about what we can do to promote the coin because i really love it and how fast it is...but i can give 5-10 btc to make some new things for the coin..im waiting some reply from the new investors or bumface for some cooperations...Also we can arrange EVERY WEEK something like ULTRA-CHARITY and everybody on the community can donate as much as bitcoins can on a common wallet for ultracoin managed by the developer and use them to buy ultracoin and invest them on the coin...LETS TAKE THIS COIN TO THE FUTURE!!

Thanks for your post and your input!
Sure there are some investors around here that will support. As you can see, most of us don't sell @ this rediculous prices, so the price can only go up..

WARNING HIGH SPEED - UTC - Ultracoin
CECVW
Legendary

Activity: 961
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 10:23:40 PM

if UTC can go to BTC-e then UTC will be top 10 in coinmarketcap......it would benefit UTC and BTC-e? why don't you contact them, I am sure Bumface having been part of BTC-e could help...there are so many coins coming out each day and if you don't do something big soon this coin can be like any other the more coin come in all the time, you need to be on top soon before you are going be buried by the competition if you are not on the top soon......they say of all the coins now...only 10 per cent will survive in the future as more and more coins come in, the amount of coins born each month its ridicolous

⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲     WIRELESS COIN     ⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⏲  FORUM THREADGITHUBTWITTERSLACK 1 #time-travellers-yet/#wlcSLACK 2 #21_tickets/#wlc  ⏲
NDW467

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 10:46:59 PM

who is your message addressed to ?

Jacobshm
ultradar

Activity: 63

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 11:52:18 PM

I started pumping the price before 1 week until 0.00005 on mintpal but none supported me on that ..i know that not everyone on this community have the budget to do that but i hopped that someone will follow...i think it had some good impact on the price but not too much until it started again to dump...now i have 500.000 utc..and im willing to keep buying ...and i can also invest 5-10 btc with the new investors..but it seems that i dont have too much ideas to say..i can only invest my bitcoins..
rapture333

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 12:21:04 AM

IMHO, talking on Crypsty chat, investing BTC, and other short term solutions are good for Ultracoin, in the moment. However, none of these things are really driving long-term investment nor acceptance... I think most of the community is failing to see the bigger picture, which is, in order for Ultracoin to be successful, we are going to have to consult people with more power than we have. Those people are, the businesses and the customers, who will be accepting and using Ultracoin. What is the main purpose of any currency other than to use it to buy and sell. We want investors of course, but investors are smart and will only come when they see opportunities happening. Many of us came here for just that very reason, but for others it will take a lot more to convince than simply being in the chat box on Crypsty or investing a few BTC in UTC. Now, I am not saying those are bad or useless things because they are most certainly not and are just smaller pieces of the puzzle. But in order to see the BIGGER PICTURE here, we have to think past market manipulation and think about what will really drive long term growth! We need more businesses to use Ultracoin. How can we make that happen? Well, one thing we can do is convince these businesses to start accepting Ultracoin by sending out community e-mails towards specific businesses. Customer is king after all... One way to convince businesses to use Ultracoin would be if we could develop a payment processeser like bitpay that sells off Ultracoin as soon as it is credited towards a business, this may seem like something we don't want now, but it is really quite paradoxical because it will raise demand for Ultracoin, especially if its a unique service (like xwebnetwork.com), it will let businesses that aren't completely sure about crypto to hop on the UTC bandwagon without taking too big of a risk. Some businesses, like xwebnetwork.com, will feel comfortable taking that risk however. If you have something you can contribute to Ultracoin in the form of products or services, and you accept Ultracoin, that will drive up long term growth. It seems that most people here are trying to do things the hard way, by manually manipulating the market, forcing it to bend to the communities desires. No, that's not how things really work. Eventually you will exhaust yourself, the smartest way to go about things is to convince businesses to use crypto, our crypto, Ultracoin. Coin-payments.net is a great service and we should help businesses sign on to it in order to accept Ultracoin! Send out e-mails to various online businesses, let them know that they will have the support of the Ultracoin community! We need to find businesses that listen to their customers and have them join our cause, because we deserve it! That, is how you influence long term growth and attract investors.

cur·ren·cy
ˈkərənsē,ˈkə-rənsē/
noun
noun: currency; plural noun: currencies

1) the fact or quality of being generally accepted or in use.
synonyms:   prevalence, circulation, exposure; More
acceptance, popularity

We need to make Ultracoin a successful "Currency", a successful currency isn't about market manipulating and comparison to dollar value (unless your a central bank). We need to make Ultracoin the preferred method of exchange. Stop thinking so much like a marketer, and start thinking like an economist! There is a lot of hype surrounding big blockbuster movies, but when the movie comes out and falls short of its hype, the project is doomed to fail and producers suffer the consequences. We are building a top quality product, and in order to attract investors automatically, we need to let our product shine. Marketing is VERY important to this end! However, correctly implementing the economic devices to make this work, is even more important. And when those devices are in place and businesses and consumers start picking up and using Ultracoin, then we can spend more time using our Ultracoin and less time talking about it... Until then, it is the businesses and consumers we need to talk to, not just the investors.

Now I have something I've been working on that will help consumers use Ultracoin a little bit easier in the future, so stay tuned...

rapture333

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 12:25:01 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2014, 12:37:00 AM by rapture333

if UTC can go to BTC-e then UTC will be top 10 in coinmarketcap......it would benefit UTC and BTC-e? why don't you contact them, I am sure Bumface having been part of BTC-e could help...there are so many coins coming out each day and if you don't do something big soon this coin can be like any other the more coin come in all the time, you need to be on top soon before you are going be buried by the competition if you are not on the top soon......they say of all the coins now...only 10 per cent will survive in the future as more and more coins come in, the amount of coins born each month its ridicolous

I agree completely, if we can get Ultracoin on BTC-E, that would be a huge boon to the coin. In other words, it's "talking to the customer" without actually having to talk to the customer. I think we should all try contacting BTC-E, I know they are a very exclusive exchange so it will be a long shot. I think we are better off creating a Bitpay type service, but I don't have the design knowledge.

Also, we have a 3000 UTC bounty for anyone who can create an Ultracoin Twitter Help Bot, if anyone is interested or knows anyone interested, please contact me!

bret

Activity: 99

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 02:15:44 AM

I agree completely, if we can get Ultracoin on BTC-E, that would be a huge boon to the coin. In other words, it's "talking to the customer" without actually having to talk to the customer. I think we should all try contacting BTC-E, I know they are a very exclusive exchange so it will be a long shot. I think we are better off creating a Bitpay type service, but I don't have the design knowledge.

Also, we have a 3000 UTC bounty for anyone who can create an Ultracoin Twitter Help Bot, if anyone is interested or knows anyone interested, please contact me!

It's beyond a long shot. An exclusive exchange wants volume. UTC has no volume.
Uggle

Activity: 228

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:12:04 PM

Pretty nice profitability today at the Multipool, keep up the good work !  Cheesy

UTC UTC UTC
Martonmax

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:56:32 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2014, 08:43:37 PM by Martonmax

Hello UTC members and new Management!

I know I'm still fairly new with Ultracoin but last week I am full in with mining and buying because of the faith in the coin and the new management.
Offcource i also have some critical questions to the new management and the UTC community!

What strikes me? and what is the opinion of the new management and the Ultracoin community:

- The block reward went from 50 to 15, but we are still mining to many coins a day to let UTC grow!! why not change the blockreward  to 8 this will get the price up ?

- Allot of new and older coins are implenting Dark Gravety? Why not? ultracoin

- Going FULL POS?

Very interested in the opinion of the forum and the management.
rapture333

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 08:27:22 PM

Changing block reward will only show a short term increase in growth and discourage some miners (who will leave like last time). When these miners leave the existing miners will mine about the same amount due to decreased difficulty on the network. So in the end nothing really changes besides a short bump in price due to what I believe is a short period of panic buying. Read my previous post, long term growth is the goal. Dogecoin is worth a fraction of a fraction of a penny and is widely accepted, price doesn't make a currency, acceptance does.

Ruckster2010

Activity: 90

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:02:19 AM

I thought I might add my 2 UTC worth with this line of reasoning.  My disclaimers include that I have been mining UTC since day 1, I am not a large miner and I am mining on the multipool.  The multipool is currently buying up about 18,000 - 25,000 UTC a day.  Based on a 15 coin block every 30 seconds, UTC generates 43,200 per day.  I do realise that there are many more coins for sale out there, however, if the multipool were able to buy up 70,000 - 100,000 coins a day, we should start to see an uphill swing in the price.  As it stands right now, if every miner sold what they mined, we are not getting ahead.

Thoughts are welcome.

http://UltracoinTalk.org/ - Ultracoin Forum   http://Ultracoin.net/ - Ultracoin Website http://CryptoTrain.net/ - Multipool   http://UltracoinPool.info/ - Pool
utcminer

Activity: 238

http://ultracoin.net/ - Ultracoin Website http://c

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 05:57:24 AM

we need some real serious investors to buy and hold the coins  for at least 1 year.
we need some huge miners to mine in multipool and hold the coins for at least 1 year.

http://ultracoin.net/ - Ultracoin Website
http://cryptotrain.net/ - Ultracoin Multipool
http://ultracoinpool.info/ - Ultracoin Pool
Pages: « 1 ... 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 [798] 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 »
  Print  

Jump to: