Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:35:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 [817] 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ASIC-RESISTANT] UltraCoin (UTC) - Ultrafast 6 second transactions!!  (Read 946563 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
king_pin

Activity: 416
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 11:38:12 AM
Last edit: July 06, 2014, 11:58:43 AM by king_pin

Dude, you are telling me that I am not answering but you are doing the same.
(btw I am recording my hashrate so I will have proof if I'm right or not soon)

Please ignore all my so called accusations, maybe I am wrong, but please disprove my other questions/opinions:

Please give me a reasonable explanation what will the benefits of going full POS be???
Give me an example of a coin that went full POS, and really made it (without money injections)?

lets not do the same mistake as DarkCoin did with their releases. we must have a 110% working stable release, than a good advertising campaign than release it.

There are still crazy people mining SCRYPT with GPUs, soon ASIC-s will totally take over, and all those GPUs will have to go some ware.
One place is e-bay, the other is X11 but NVIDIA GPUs are much better at X11 so what is left there to mine: SCRYPT-N

Fourth you should stick to a PLAN once you announce it - meaning finish all other developments first. - CONSISTENCY

There were rumors that around Q4 of 2014 there will be Scrypt-N ASIC Miners!
Vertcoin team is planing of ... something, maybe this is a chance to put UTC ahead in the game, make it Scrypt-N ASIC proof.

Help to save a persons life with BITCOIN - http://www.bitcoinsaves.org/en/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
allyouracid
Legendary

Activity: 2320
Merit: 1292

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 11:41:53 AM

Can we now PLEASE keep a tone that is appropriate for adults discussing the development of a potential good product? Thanks. To all.

Don't visit my shitcoin blog: OCOIN.DEV
Use cointracking.info for tax declaration & tracking of your trades!
flobdeth

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 12:06:55 PM

Also, I'm not that sure that no one gets it. Good arguments are being made and THAT is exactly how to convince people. And I think that (as already stated multiple times) the devs do consider everything being said here. So, probably the decision is not final yet and if people care about UTC and have important things to say to prevent it from dying, that's actually a good thing. That's at least the way I see it.

It is nice to see people here who have the ability to actually think for themselves, unlike the some of the "BAN THE TROLL" regurgitators! give it a rest, it brings nothing to the table except ignorance and creates anger.

Discussion I often get very angry with, so I apologise, but I do not suffer fools gladly and there are a lot in "crypto land"

Bumface, please let Rapture handle the PR.  Your attitude shows as detrimental and comes across as very childish, please, for UTC's sake, stop replying, let one of the others on the "TEAM"  Even if you believe it's warranted

YOU guys are selling the product, not us........

I do hope the Devs listen, some maturity around here would be more than welcome, and I do include myself in the "immature" by some of my previous posts. @Rapture, thankyou for the response, I would, but stupid forums keep screwing up my registration (though what happened to the first, deleted from inactivity?) will try again later

Does anyone else find, the people shouting "troll" the loudest, actually have the least common sense or understanding/information of what they are actually dealing with to look at this objectively?  Pure out "attack" IF I was to do so, trust me, you would know.  I trust no one with blind belief in anything and there are plenty of those here.  Ignorance is dangerous, at least now I feel there is a little more openness around here, even if it's not all positive.  All coins are in the same boat (or will be) if not, the other coins will get to this point sooner or later, unless they have millions of £ behind them, which only one coin really does!

If you don't understand how the POS works, I suggest learning some basics before shouting "TROLL" https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Proof_of_Stake

Example:  FTC, look at everything they have going on right now.  ATM, the point of sales device, the new algo (soon...ish which is merely asic resistance)  Epic amount of stuff going on, no one shouts about it,  They have one of the second biggest ((almost) decentralized) blockchain infrastrucures.  Yet it's struggling, sure the price may fall, most other coins are all shouting with no substance, nothing to back their claims of being "money" No support

Until UTC learns to forget about knee jerk Algo changes that help no one and concentrate on the infrastructure to spend their "coin" it's doomed to fail, sorry guys, but it's the truth, same as every other coin out there!

There are a few small projects in UTC that are great.  But that is only the first step to creating an "economy" because unless you're a scam artist, that's exactly what you are trying to create, is it not, to support use of your "money"?

Cool

FTC 71Vkbk3UwbfGP3NDRbAWJwWDNRfaKKSfgE
king_pin

Activity: 416

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 12:11:24 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2014, 12:21:37 PM by king_pin

Until UTC learns to forget about knee jerk Algo changes that help no one and concentrate on the infrastructure to spend their "coin" it's doomed to fail, sorry guys, but it's the truth, same as every other coin out there!

There are a few small projects in UTC that are great.  But that is only the first step to creating an "economy" because unless you're a scam artist, that's exactly what you are trying to create, is it not, to support use of your "money"?

Until you realize there is more to owning a "coin" than changing the blockchain every 30 seconds and worrying over price, you will fail, sorry, but that is truth   Cool

I can not agree more!
You are developers, you should develop the product, not make a new one by destroying the old.
This solution is worse than your halving the block reward,.. what did it do?  Huh

P.S. btw I have been mining for longer than 3 years now, I have seen everything in this business, so maybe my opinion has some weight.
(I was not joking when I sad I was mining longer than some people have been developing) Smiley

Help to save a persons life with BITCOIN - http://www.bitcoinsaves.org/en/
nanoprobe
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Traveling in subspace

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 01:45:40 PM

P.S. btw I have been mining for longer than 3 years now, I have seen everything in this business, so maybe my opinion has some weight.
(I was not joking when I sad I was mining longer than some people have been developing) Smiley
I feel your pain. I started mining BTC in 2009. The crypto landscape is pretty ugly right now IMHO. Way too many coins and scammers. Can UTC survive what's going on? I hope so but I don't know if the current direction is the correct course of action. It will be interesting to see what happens when the 400+MH/s scrypt asics hit the scene. They will be massive game changers but only for the people with deep pockets I'm afraid. Look at what's happening to LTC. Difficulty continues to go up, price continues to go down. Only megahashers make money there now to get ROI. I think that's what we have to look forward to for the foreseeable future. JMHO

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.
Never look back, something might be gaining on you.
xamido

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 03:48:05 PM

Now that the coin is going full POS, how many coin will be there at the end of POW? I'm looking forward to re-invest to this coin.
primouno

Activity: 251

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 04:57:27 PM

Have you noticed that UTC net hashrate has gone slightly up? The same with UTC multipool (ATM there's 785 MH, maybe we hit 1 GH again Smiley ), so more miners are coming to us. We should give them a try and not to go full POS for at least a few months to see what happens when ASIC miners hit scrypt coins.

UTC address: UMzy2N8oTFmcQ2bfZoqLnmXsWzvfA8miRy
http://ultracoin.net/    -- Ultracoin Website        http://ultracointalk.org/  -- UltracoinTalk Forum
RichardMiner

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 06:15:20 PM

Have you noticed that UTC net hashrate has gone slightly up? The same with UTC multipool (ATM there's 785 MH, maybe we hit 1 GH again Smiley ), so more miners are coming to us. We should give them a try and not to go full POS for at least a few months to see what happens when ASIC miners hit scrypt coins.

....it is also possible that they have switched from the other two dev pools bcouse de management team asked this to all miners?
Or that this could be new miners who are just attracted to the full pos go of UTC and just want to mine quick some UTC ?
So why saying to wait with full pos and give it a change ?

http://ultracoin.net/ ~ Ultracoin Website  http://ultracointalk.org/ ~ UltracoinTalk Forum
http://ultracoinpool.info/ ~ Ultracoin Pool http://ultracoins.info/ ~ Ultracoin Pool
expert-lister

Activity: 302

Imagine a world without hate and oppression

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 06:22:49 PM

Whats UTC strategy? Can i hope to UTC for long-term investment?

Liberty...
RichardMiner

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 06:28:15 PM

Whats UTC strategy? Can i hope to UTC for long-term investment?

Please look here to find out:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=413978.msg7406239;topicseen#msg7406239

and also here...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=413978.msg7674705#msg7674705

http://ultracoin.net/ ~ Ultracoin Website  http://ultracointalk.org/ ~ UltracoinTalk Forum
http://ultracoinpool.info/ ~ Ultracoin Pool http://ultracoins.info/ ~ Ultracoin Pool
Beave162

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 07:32:42 PM

....it is also possible that they have switched from the other two dev pools bcouse de management team asked this to all miners?
Or that this could be new miners who are just attracted to the full pos go of UTC and just want to mine quick some UTC ?
So why saying to wait with full pos and give it a change ?

I have pointed some of my hashing power at UTC, which would be HELPING UTC except it doesn't because you will be going full POS soon. But I will be cashing in on any fake pump this dev team seems to be most interested in. I won't be holding on to any coins when you go POS. Any intelligent person should be very weary of what happens when you go full POS based on the experience of other coins, but it seems no one making decisions for UTC have a clue about the concept and benefits of mining, and don't expect them to learn any time soon.

I don't mean to be throwing just negative crap. I am serious when I say you should consider deleting EVERYTHING from RichardMiner and Marnie1976 as you self-moderate this thread anyway. I would be shocked if they had any wealth to invest. I would also say utcminer, but I think he actually runs a pool or something. If you look at their posts, it is all childish if not psychotic--aside from the broken English. Before you yell and threaten me, realize that I am not a stakeholder in UTC or pretend to have an influence, so I don't affect your image, but they do.

It is great to see some glimmer of intelligent conversation, but the people starting that convo have been shouted down as trolls in the past... No matter what you have created a lose-lose situation as you have already announced full POS, and it will surely be damaging to go back. You may view it as innovative or doing a much needed SOMETHING, but it comes across as fickle and desperate. I mean you talked to some 'experts' behind the scenes? You got scammed if you thought they were experts.

I think just about every single coin that is older than a few months is experiencing a slow decline the past month or so. Litecoin experienced a decline for at least 2 months before it shot up from $1.60 to $48, so... please just focus on the great efforts of marketing and leave the manipulation alone. NVidia is coming out with a high-end card with 8GB at the end of the year, which will surely influence the memory intensive coins. There are hopeful events to look forward to which can increase the price. I AM a potential investor. I love scrypt-chacha.

YaCoin: YL5kf54wPPXKsXd5T18xCaNkyUsS1DgY7z 
BitCoin: 14PFbLyUdTyxZg3V8hnvj5VXkx3dhthmDj
KickAzzDude

Activity: 519

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 07:46:18 PM

What exactly does UTC gain from staying POW? N-factor algo seems to be a bust mostly because of how hard it pushes GPUs and how hot it gets, especially in the summer. Some of you argue that going POS is only good for the people with a lot of coins and there's no reason for "investors" to buy because its practically a pyramid scheme. I don't see how miners continually dumping the coins making it go lower is helping, why would an investor want to get in on that? What the coin needs is marketing and acceptance as an actual currency. Crypto needs a QR wallet phone app that can eventually be swiped at stores and act as a debit card to go big.

RichardMiner

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:11:23 PM

Thank you dear Beave162 for your "negative comments and advice" and "attacking attitude".

Beave162

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:22:29 PM

What exactly does UTC gain from staying POW? N-factor algo seems to be a bust mostly because of how hard it pushes GPUs and how hot it gets, especially in the summer.

I've read this a couple times now on this thread... As the NFactor increases, memory requirement goes up. As the memory requirement goes up, you are limited by the VRAM on your GPU. That would actually reduce the lead on the actual processor. Am I missing something? Personally, I am noticing no difference in wattage or temperature on my 4GB cards between UTC NFactor 13 and YAC NFactor 15.

I don't see how miners continually dumping the coins making it go lower is helping, why would an investor want to get in on that?

1) Are you invested in bitcoin?
2) Mining requires energy and hardware. It also increases the difficulty (harder to get coins) as hardware improves which requires more investment. If people WANT a coin, it is generally smarter to mine and hold... not dump immediately.

nanoprobe
Legendary

Activity: 980

Traveling in subspace

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:38:05 PM

What exactly does UTC gain from staying POW? N-factor algo seems to be a bust mostly because of how hard it pushes GPUs and how hot it gets, especially in the summer.

I've read this a couple times now on this thread... As the NFactor increases, memory requirement goes up. As the memory requirement goes up, you are limited by the VRAM on your GPU. That would actually reduce the lead on the actual processor. Am I missing something? Personally, I am noticing no difference in wattage or temperature on my 4GB cards between UTC NFactor 13 and YAC NFactor 15.

As the N factor increases you're more limited by the DRAM on your mobo than the VRAM on your video cards.

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.
Never look back, something might be gaining on you.
CECVW
Legendary

Activity: 961

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:49:59 PM

Let me speak, and I said this 1000 times! There is more coins coming in every week and if UTC does not do anything drastic it will die sooner than later if nothing is done, now that management decided to do something about it comes complains and if they do nothing they also complain. UTC has to be different from the rest, has something unique to succeed among the so many coins that are out there. If you have a normal coin it will eventually die, Do you know why this coin has survived? because it has one of the biggest community and that is the main reason if it was not for it this coin would have been dead long time ago, this coin being done by bumface and he being one of the moderator of BTC-e make UTC very popular and lots of BTC-e customer bought UTC for that reason. Now trolls and negative and positive people. We need to advertise and get this coin to a multinational level...make it join a bank, a big company, That UTC relate to something Huge. STop talking about nonsense, TO BE POS OR NOT TO BE POS?  that's rubbish! Either way will die eventually if UTC does not join a big organization or institution!

You are all talking again and again the same issue POS or not POS. It's management decition to decide what to do, if you are not happy sell all your UTC, how can we all agree? Its impossible, that's why exist management and take decitions, The rest of the community can say thing politely and be nice, What do you do at work? would you disagree with your boss? of course not! So do the same here and be adult and stop behaving like kids! Management takes decitions and full stop. The community is here to support and talk good about UTC and give ideas but not attacking management in such a ridiculous way. And I said what this coins needs its to join a bank and be the first bank that deal with cryptocoin , instead of arguing like silly spoilt kids I wanna POS , no I don't wanna POS, come on please. We need to be together on this whatever decitions is taken and support fully! If you are in a war  and your captain give you an order and you don't obey you will conside a traitor and send to the Dungeons. Now you think you have freedon of speech here and you can say and do whatever you want....NO! you do and support this management team and if you are not happy desert and go where there is anarchist. This oompalompa is tired of seeing the same post all over again and again and again, Enough!  I will tell one thing this coin needs to join a big company, bank, etc...that's all it needs if not it will disappear wether your silly conversation if POS or not POS!

⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲     WIRELESS COIN     ⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⏲  FORUM THREADGITHUBTWITTERSLACK 1 #time-travellers-yet/#wlcSLACK 2 #21_tickets/#wlc  ⏲
Beave162

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:59:25 PM

As the N factor increases you're more limited by the DRAM on your mobo than the VRAM on your video cards.

I have a 4GB stick of RAM for a 6 card mining rig. I can mine Vertcoin or Yacoin without needing to change the mobo RAM. If I add another 4GB of RAM or replace the 4GB with an 8GB, there is no difference in settings, hashrate. What are you basing that claim off of?

Thirtybird

Activity: 693

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 11:13:54 PM

They are both important, but the memory on the GPU is the #1 factor to mining speed at high N Factors (NF 15+), and REALLY important at NF=13 and higher.

Also, regarding the "Heat" and "temperature" of high NFactor.  Ad NF goes up, the power requirement and heat generated go down.  Someone said their NF=13 and NF=15 are the same with their 4 GB cards, but the power required does go down as the number of shaders that can be utilized with the available memory is reduced.  My 2GB cards are ~8W less at NF=15 than at NF=13.

Given my history and area of knowledge, I can't really support a coin I can't mine (huh, go figure?).  Best of luck if you make the switch.

YACMiner: https://github.com/Thirtybird/YACMiner  N-Factor information : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj3vcsuY-JFNdC1ITWJrSG9VeWp6QXppbVgxcm0tbGc&usp=drive_web#gid=0
BTC: 183eSsaxG9y6m2ZhrDhHueoKnZWmbm6jfC  YAC: Y4FKiwKKYGQzcqn3M3u6mJoded6ri1UWHa
Beave162

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 01:10:58 AM

I should have said I noticed no significant difference, but it makes sense that the 4gb shouldn't see much difference compared to the 2gb cards. I can easily measure it right now on the same mobo, psu, RAM, gpus. I'll add an edit with the results.

Now, I am really wondering where this idea is coming from: scrypt-chacha has problems with power and temperature... Huh

Edit: I just measured the output at the wall of my 6 x R7 240 4GB rig:

Ultracoin (NFactor 13) - 256W

YACoin (NFactor 15) - 235W...

Martonmax

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:12:17 PM

I think that is the problem for UTC! and why the management want to go FULL POSS!!
There are to many coins mined and dumped a day!! for my calculation more then 70K what immediatly is dumped at cryptsy!!!

That why we are @21!!! everytime the value is going up the miners DUMP UTC!!!

So FULL POSS Good thing for now Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 [817] 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 »
  Print  

Jump to: