Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:39:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 [814] 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ASIC-RESISTANT] UltraCoin (UTC) - Ultrafast 6 second transactions!!  (Read 946563 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bumface (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 03:33:25 PM

guys, if your just gonna post, this is the death of utc!!! or stuff like that and nothing else, im just gonna delete it.

no fearmongering here please.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Marnie1976

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 03:38:36 PM

Are the devs really thinking of going POS
POS/POW together is a good idea, bot going 100% POS will be the end of UTC!!!
When you read the last posts, you'll notice that we've gone one step further, already. We're beyond the point of just stating "this will be the end!!!!!11", we're already discussing our concerns why or why not this might be the case.

GO GO TEAM UTC....

don't listen to those "Darth Vader's" .....

They don't understand what they are doing with there constant negativity and fearmongering  ....

ULTRACOIN IS GOING FULL POS

Dear UTC Community Members,

As management team we are pleased to announce the new direction of Ultracoin.

The last two weeks we were busy investigating this new direction and discussing it with our coin dev’s.

ULTRACOIN WILL BE CHANGING INTO FULL POS !

This means that from the full PoS update Ultracoin cannot be mined directly anymore.
Generation of new coins and the maintenance of the network are from that moment done through minting instead of mining.
This can be done perfectly through the Ultracoin Multipool.

Off course we don’t take this big decision lightly.

We realize we are giving up one of the prime features of Ultracoin, the asic resistance,
However, in this constantly and quick changing crypto world we don’t think the asic resistance alone will get Ultracoin to a price point where we need it to
be or where we all want it to go.
So after a lot of deliberation, careful thoughts and discourse we have decided to give this feature up to go full PoS.

Our motivation is as follow :

The reason why we are now here in the leads is to change things into the positive for Ultracoin.
In a landscape with new coins emerging every day, our coin needs to be made exclusive if we want it to survive.
It`s that simple....

Currently in today’s society people are not so focused on the meaning of a coin, but mostly to the desire or the limitation of a coin.
Unfortunately our coin has the "curse" of actually being well developed and people don't care much about that.
Scrypt-Chacha is a great algorithm, but it’s not very easy to configure because miners have to change settings constantly, and it runs hot.
This has chased away some people, and that is undesirable.
It's just too much effort for a miner when they can simply go and mine X11 instead and have a lower power bill and increase the life of their GPU.

Next to that, a coin that is 100% asic resistant and high in energy consumption will never be mined to its peak.
Even if PoS rewards are being implemented, it will still not drive the popularity up to a level we aspire to.
Not now at 5,2% PoS but also not at 10% or even at 15% or 20% PoS.

Without trying to sound too negative about our coin, but with allot of opinion asking last weeks, this is how the crypto community feels about our UTC coin.

We feel that for UTC to be a success, we need to tease people more and more with it.
And what could be better than a super-fast Ultracoin which has limited availability !
Not only traders and investors would love this super-fast future but also the web shop owners.

Currently we have some bag holders that have a large amount of UTC and it's not moving around in the market at all.
This is one of our biggest concerns since we want UTC to be a real currency with a healthy market.

Once the coin is pure and full PoS, we believe it will go into a mad craze.
The current daily supply will reduce by factor 19.
We think people won't even care about the bag holders anymore because they just need to get their coins and they will pay top dollar for them.
This will lead to more exclusivity and an up going demand and price.
Have a look at some other coins that have done this before, they had a significant increase in value overnight.

So bottom line: Off course the future has to proof it but we believe that in the long run full PoS will be the right decision for our coin if the lead up to its implementation is correct.

Although we have not responded to the last pages of the forum, we did read everybody's opinion carefully and we have observed that the response was very positive.

Our management team is now busy with our coin dev’s to finalize the investigation and the test to make Ultracoin a full PoS coin.
Since nobody has ever done this with a scrypt chacha coin before this needs some time and fine tuning.
If everything goes as planned then the full PoS of Ultracoin will roughly start within one month or so much sooner as possible.

Please stay tuned for more updates !

Regards,
Ultracoin Management Team

PS-1: we want to ask all of you to help and to spread this great news to as much as chat boxes and troll boxes around. Let everybody knows about Ultracoin is going pure and full pos !    

PS-2: We are also busy with the Minecraft plugin, an android wallet and the CoinPayments regulation in web shops so we are trying to take big steps for Ultracoin.

king_pin

Activity: 416

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 03:43:10 PM

Obviously I have been mining longer then they have been developing!
Going full POS offers nothing new, it offers death.

Nvidia is taking over the X11/X13 market, all ATI owners will soon have to orientate themselves to Scrypt-N.

The dev team is not making enough money, and that is why they want to go POS.
They obviously have lots of UTC and no hashing power, that is why they want to go full POS.
They have been stealing shares from their new dev. pool since day one, now this.... OMFG

Help to save a persons life with BITCOIN - http://www.bitcoinsaves.org/en/
bumface (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 03:48:29 PM

Obviously I have been mining longer then they have been developing!
Going full POS offers nothing new, it offers death.

Nvidia is taking over the X11/X13 market, all ATI owners will soon have to orientate themselves to Scrypt-N.

The dev team is not making enough money, and that is why they want to go POS.
They obviously have lots of UTC and no hashing power, that is why they want to go full POS.
They have been stealing shares from their new dev. pool since day one, now this.... OMFG

dont make false acusations.

every time we want to make something positive out of UTC, an army of trolls tries to kill the uplifting momentum.

allyouracid
Legendary

Activity: 2320
Merit: 1292

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 03:57:42 PM

bumface: when it comes down to money, people can become real dipsh!ts. They don't restrain from nothing, even accusing people of stealing, just to get their benefit (whichever that might be). Just like in the "big" financial world, just with the difference that we have a lot of kiddies running around here who aren't equipped with the resources which the "big boys" have, so they are left with swearing and trolling...

Don't visit my shitcoin blog: OCOIN.DEV
Use cointracking.info for tax declaration & tracking of your trades!
Levole11

Activity: 566
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 04:18:14 PM

bumface: when it comes down to money, people can become real dipsh!ts. They don't restrain from nothing, even accusing people of stealing, just to get their benefit (whichever that might be). Just like in the "big" financial world, just with the difference that we have a lot of kiddies running around here who aren't equipped with the resources which the "big boys" have, so they are left with swearing and trolling...

King Pin is pissed because he has a lot of hashpower which he can not use on utc anymore.. that should put his post in perspective...
bumface (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 04:24:04 PM

Everybody can mine in the multipool

http://www.cryptotrain.net/

PaulR1

Activity: 320

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 04:27:52 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2014, 04:39:59 PM by PaulR1

Guy’s,

What I see the last day is only talking negative shit from a little group of so called "members".

We have community members who are positive to full pos and also community members who are negative.
That’s all ok as long if there is normal discussion about the pros and cons.

But what I see now is that some little group of "members" starting with negativity, false accusations and with personal attacks without any proof.
Next to that I see that we are going back to the time from a view weeks ago when the thread was full of negativity, attacks, provoking and trying people to influence.

Please understand this;
You can be against full pos, but what some “members” are doing now is destroying UTC by constant putting fud on the tread.
So if UTC is going down it is not of changing in to full pos but because of those “members” who are fudding and attacking UTC.
It is as simple as that!

About no hashing power, again some stupid accusation. Fabietech and I have since day one started with mining UTC with more than 140x R9 290’s.
At this moment we have more than 430MH/s on the Multipool.
So our rigs are about roughly +50% off the X11 hashing power at the multipool.
And remember this, we have several Titan Asic miners coming and will put a large amount of that on the Multipool.
Next to this Bumface has also some asics coming and will put a part of his asic's also to the Multipool.

About the accusations of wanted to dump. Since day one Fabian and I are miners of UTC.
Yes we are serious bag holders.
But we did never dumped any UTC on the market.
Off course there will come a time we will go in to a sell.
But if we do sell we do that responsible and in parts.
We will never ever dumps all at once.
We still believe we can let UTC grow to a price point above +0,003!

Please to those "members" who are constant negative !
Stop fudding and spreading fear mongering and start normal healthy discourse instead please.

In the mean time I support bumface 100% when messages are deleted which meant only to be negative and wrong to cause damage and fearmongering.
I will even delete them personally !

http://ultracoin.net/ ~ Ultracoin Website         http://ultracointalk.org/ ~ UltracoinTalk Forum
flobdeth

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 04:35:03 PM

So you agree that centralization of capital and access is a good thing?

POS brings nothing to the table, all it does is centralizes the market and liquidity.  There is no "free market" it comes down to the biggest group, the only people able to make anything off POS are the ones with the control over the money flow, there is no way to mine it except by handing over cash in advance to buy from those people.  It does not provide more services or opportunities to spend UTC making it "money"

You have a multipool which pays out in UTC, great, good job (honestly Granng it's work well done), another POS downside, the pool has to buy from the holders who are able to dictate market prices.......... Yes you can try the pathetic argument that everyone is free to sell at whatever price they want, so free market competition is alive and well.  Only to a point, if you don't understand how this works, I suggest you stop playing with crypto as you're nothing more than "dumb money"

If pointing out reality makes me a troll, so be it, It's a HUGE bridge to sit under.  I still see nothing anywhere or answers other than calling me a troll and FUDster over concerns over POS that would make me think otherwise?

What does UTC want to even be, do you guys even know anymore?  

I'm not doing this as pure FUD.  What's the problem taking your heads out of the sand for five minutes and dealing like stuff with the supposed "adults" that you are supposed to be?  Ok my origional attitude sucked, yes I posted angry and I shouldn't have.

Are these questions so hard to answer or is more moderation required as it's far easier to hide reality than explain it, is it?

FTC 71Vkbk3UwbfGP3NDRbAWJwWDNRfaKKSfgE
bumface (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 04:39:59 PM

POS brings nothing to the table, all it does is centralizes the market and liquidity.  There is no "free market" it comes down to the biggest group, the only people able to make anything off POS are the ones with the control over the money flow, there is no way to mine it except by handing over cash in advance to buy from those people.  It does not provide more services or opportunities to spend UTC making it "money"

You have a multipool which pays out in UTC, great, good job (honestly Granng it's work well done), another POS downside, the pool has to buy from the holders who are able to dictate market prices.......... Yes you can try the pathetic argument that everyone is free to sell at whatever price they want, so free market competition is alive and well.  Only to a point, if you don't understand how this works, I suggest you stop playing with crypto as you're nothing more than "dumb money"

If pointing out reality makes me a troll, so be it, It's a HUGE bridge to sit under.  I still see nothing anywhere or answers other than calling me a troll and FUDster over concerns over POS that would make me think otherwise?

I'm not doing this as pure FUD.  What's the problem taking your heads out of the sand for five minutes and dealing like stuff with the supposed "adults" that you are supposed to be?  Ok my origional attitude sucked, yes I posted angry and I shouldn't have.

Are these questions so hard to answer or is more moderation required as it's far easier to hide reality than explain it, is it?

big piece of text, very little content.....

i dont know what your agenda is,but its not pretty.

i dont know about you guys, but i am done with this negativity .I am going to focus on the bright future of ultracoin,and im going to think about what i can do to contribute Cheesy

I have said this before, this full POS strategy is simply 1 step on the road,dont view it as an end goal.

We are talking to a java dev right now for the minecraft plugin,and he thought the idea was brilliant,this will make sure the demand goes up.

also you could have read this in the POS announcement "Our management team is now busy with our coin dev’s to finalize the investigation and the test to make Ultracoin a full PoS coin."

we are investigating,nothing is a 100% certain yet.What we do is in the best interrest of the coin and the community.We never make hasty decisions

flobdeth

Activity: 82

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 04:46:17 PM

big piece of text, very little content.....

i dont know what your agenda is,but its not pretty

Do you even bother to comprehend what you read or do you just post pathetic negative posts yourself with no content?

I have no agenda, I am asking questions! is that a criminal offence?

Are you unable to answer them? if not, don't, let someone else who does have a clue what's going on reply.  Wow, WTS common sense!

FTC 71Vkbk3UwbfGP3NDRbAWJwWDNRfaKKSfgE
RichardMiner

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 04:51:01 PM

Bumface... you know what you can do better !?

Stop giving those M***********G negative trollers a audience.

Maybe it is better to close this bitcoin tread.

Let them troll further at http://ultracointalk.org/

Then they will disappear in the shortest time.

http://ultracoin.net/ ~ Ultracoin Website  http://ultracointalk.org/ ~ UltracoinTalk Forum
http://ultracoinpool.info/ ~ Ultracoin Pool http://ultracoins.info/ ~ Ultracoin Pool
mizultra

Activity: 76

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 04:51:29 PM

I'm curious as to what defines a "large" holder of UTC any more.

http://ultracoin.net/ - Ultracoin Website  |   http://ultracoinpool.info/ - Ultracoin Pool
Marnie1976

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 05:00:17 PM

Bumface... you know what you can do better !?

Stop giving those M***********G negative trollers a audience.

Maybe it is better to close this bitcoin tread.

Let them troll further at http://ultracointalk.org/

Then they will disappear in the shortest time.

This is not even a bad idea ....
But than a small group of negative guys know to demolish this forum well
allyouracid
Legendary

Activity: 2320
Merit: 1292

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 05:00:58 PM

No, flobdeth, actually I'm totally fine with your posts. We're having conversation here and it's okay to express one's concerns (as I said, I'm here to learn about both sides as I cannot fully estimate the consequences of full PoS). My post was directed to king_pin, as this was nothing but FUD and accusations without any arguments to manifest what he said. So, no problem here from my side.

.edit:
bumface, soccer final round Germany against Netherlands, that would be great, eh? Hope you guys win tonight!

Don't visit my shitcoin blog: OCOIN.DEV
Use cointracking.info for tax declaration & tracking of your trades!
nanoprobe
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Traveling in subspace

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 05:19:18 PM

Really? I must have missed that announcement. Nvidia is making great strides but taking over? Don't think so. ( and before you ask, yes, I have Nvidia cards.)

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.
Never look back, something might be gaining on you.
king_pin

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 05:19:43 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2014, 05:45:12 PM by king_pin

@bumface
Than please explain how I see dramatic drops of hashrate everyday, while my machines are still hashing.

King Pin is pissed because he has a lot of hashpower which he can not use on utc anymore.. that should put his post in perspective...

Yes it i true, but I also have lots UTC in safe keeping.
But what will happen Total centralization or PUMP than DUMP than DEATH

Think of what I am saying:

Nvidia cards (750TI for example) are times more efficient in X11 calculations, so yes they are taking over (yes I too have Nvidia cards)!

As for trolling, I am supporting. I am the only one that moved to the new pool to spread the hashrate, if it wasn't me it was dead too.

Marnie1976

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 05:27:08 PM

My post was directed to king_pin, as this was nothing but FUD and accusations without any arguments to manifest what he said.

This king_pin sets himself completely sidelined with stupid accusations without any proof.
King_pin shows here that he is 100% unreliable and just an enemy of UTC.
People like that must been seen as dangerous trollers and must be put on the ignore list.

And then about this mr. flobdeth.
Also somebody who is unreliable.
He put on is tread a view hours ago some hard accusations to the management team.
Still he did dent come up with good arguments or proof.
Another candidate troller to put on the ignore list.  
king_pin

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 05:32:46 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2014, 05:45:58 PM by king_pin

Currently I am 90% of the pools hashrate, so any missing shares I see Smiley
But that is not the problem, I have been seeing that the last 10 days, I haven't sad a think cause I didn't want to damage UTC.

A 100% POS currency only offers $$$ for the developers and for creates centralization.

If anything, they should wait a few months, price is stable so there is no hurry, finish up their other projects, than make major changes.

There are still crazy people mining SCRYPT with GPUs, soon ASIC-s will totally take over, and all those GPUs will have to go some ware.
One place is e-bay, the other is X11 but NVIDIA GPUs are much better at X11 so what is left there to mine: SCRYPT-N

If Scrypt-N goes popular, VertCoin will be N1 but this is where the DEV. TEAM can make a difference, and maybe UTC can even dethrone VERT

RichardMiner

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 05:49:14 PM

+1
Well spoken Paul.

Guy’s,

What I see the last day is only talking negative shit from a little group of so called "members".

We have community members who are positive to full pos and also community members who are negative.
That’s all ok as long if there is normal discussion about the pros and cons.

But what I see now is that some little group of "members" starting with negativity, false accusations and with personal attacks without any proof.
Next to that I see that we are going back to the time from a view weeks ago when the thread was full of negativity, attacks, provoking and trying people to influence.

Please understand this;
You can be against full pos, but what some “members” are doing now is destroying UTC by constant putting fud on the tread.
So if UTC is going down it is not of changing in to full pos but because of those “members” who are fudding and attacking UTC.
It is as simple as that!

About no hashing power, again some stupid accusation. Fabietech and I have since day one started with mining UTC with more than 140x R9 290’s.
At this moment we have more than 430MH/s on the Multipool.
So our rigs are about roughly +50% off the X11 hashing power at the multipool.
And remember this, we have several Titan Asic miners coming and will put a large amount of that on the Multipool.
Next to this Bumface has also some asics coming and will put a part of his asic's also to the Multipool.

About the accusations of wanted to dump. Since day one Fabian and I are miners of UTC.
Yes we are serious bag holders.
But we did never dumped any UTC on the market.
Off course there will come a time we will go in to a sell.
But if we do sell we do that responsible and in parts.
We will never ever dumps all at once.
We still believe we can let UTC grow to a price point above +0,003!

Please to those "members" who are constant negative !
Stop fudding and spreading fear mongering and start normal healthy discourse instead please.

In the mean time I support bumface 100% when messages are deleted which meant only to be negative and wrong to cause damage and fearmongering.
I will even delete them personally !

http://ultracoin.net/ ~ Ultracoin Website  http://ultracointalk.org/ ~ UltracoinTalk Forum
http://ultracoinpool.info/ ~ Ultracoin Pool http://ultracoins.info/ ~ Ultracoin Pool
Pages: « 1 ... 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 [814] 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 »
  Print  

Jump to: