Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:14:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 [825] 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ASIC-RESISTANT] UltraCoin (UTC) - Ultrafast 6 second transactions!!  (Read 946563 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
allyouracid
Legendary

Activity: 2320
Merit: 1292

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 07:55:15 AM

This POS worked well (VERY WELL - 100's of coins) for about 4 hrs

Then it all stopped - I have waited a further 7 hrs for anything to happen?  I assumed it was because:

"Staked coins must wait 520 blocks before they can return to balance and be spent. When you generated this proof-of-stake block, it was broadcast to the network to be added to the block chain. If it fails to get into the chain, it will change to "not accepted" and not be a valid stake. This may occasionally happen if another node generates a proof-of-stake block within a few seconds of yours."

520 blocks = about 4.3 hrs (30 sec blocks?)

but still nothing happening well after 4.3 hrs.  Do I have to wait a week before it starts again?

I have not spent or recd any coins - or closed my wallet. Has it frozen?

Should I restart my wallet?  Will I lose my stake so far if I do?

any advice?

Thanks

Note that your wallet is not encrypted - that's usually a good idea so you dont lose your coins

Can someone explain this? 4 deposits of 0.00 to no address showing up in my wallet?

Someone should write something up about the wallet UI and how the POS and minting are setup and displayed. At first glance, those mysterious 0.00 transaction records don't help either.
If you double click on the transaction record you can see how many UTC you received but there there's this explanation at the bottom:

Staked coins must wait 520 blocks before they can return to balance and be spent. When you generated this proof-of-stake block, it was broadcast to the network to be added to the block chain. If it fails to get into the chain, it will change to "not accepted" and not be a valid stake. This may occasionally happen if another node generates a proof-of-stake block within a few seconds of yours.

It's all rather confusing because your Wallet has a balance and for the most part the Stake is always showing 0.00 even with the Enable Stake Minting checkbox checked. So how you do even know what your current stake is? Is it the wallet balance?

At one point I looked at my wallet and there was a Stake balance and then I saw the transaction records, so I assumed it had moved coins from the wallet balance to the Stake and was processing them because they all ended up back in my wallet balance with the additional POS payout coins.

You won't lose it, but you probably also won't get more. Just calculate the amount you got and compare it to the stake percentage. I guess you'll have to wait another week.

Don't visit my shitcoin blog: OCOIN.DEV
Use cointracking.info for tax declaration & tracking of your trades!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
primouno

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 08:17:28 AM

At Mintpal:

NOTICE: Deposits and withdrawals are currently disabled for UTC.

Any idea why?

UTC address: UMzy2N8oTFmcQ2bfZoqLnmXsWzvfA8miRy
http://ultracoin.net/    -- Ultracoin Website        http://ultracointalk.org/  -- UltracoinTalk Forum
usukan
Legendary

Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 08:28:19 AM

Ultracoin qt.exe seems still working - using on average 1Mbps on network, 3-6.5% CPU and 160 MB memory - I will let it run a bit and see what happens.

Thanks for your answer allyouracid

Then it all stopped - I have waited a further 7 hrs for anything to happen?  I assumed it was because:

"Staked coins must wait 520 blocks before they can return to balance and be spent. When you generated this proof-of-stake block, it was broadcast to the network to be added to the block chain. If it fails to get into the chain, it will change to "not accepted" and not be a valid stake. This may occasionally happen if another node generates a proof-of-stake block within a few seconds of yours."

but still nothing happening well after 4.3 hrs.  Do I have to wait a week before it starts again?

any advice?

Thanks

Note that your wallet is not encrypted - that's usually a good idea so you dont lose your coins

Can someone explain this? 4 deposits of 0.00 to no address showing up in my wallet?

Someone should write something up about the wallet UI and how the POS and minting are setup and displayed. At first glance, those mysterious 0.00 transaction records don't help either.
If you double click on the transaction record you can see how many UTC you received but there there's this explanation at the bottom:

Staked coins must wait 520 blocks before they can return to balance and be spent. When you generated this proof-of-stake block, it was broadcast to the network to be added to the block chain. If it fails to get into the chain, it will change to "not accepted" and not be a valid stake. This may occasionally happen if another node generates a proof-of-stake block within a few seconds of yours.

It's all rather confusing because your Wallet has a balance and for the most part the Stake is always showing 0.00 even with the Enable Stake Minting checkbox checked. So how you do even know what your current stake is? Is it the wallet balance?

At one point I looked at my wallet and there was a Stake balance and then I saw the transaction records, so I assumed it had moved coins from the wallet balance to the Stake and was processing them because they all ended up back in my wallet balance with the additional POS payout coins.

You won't lose it, but you probably also won't get more. Just calculate the amount you got and compare it to the stake percentage. I guess you'll have to wait another week.

--

--
allyouracid
Legendary

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 08:54:01 AM

At Mintpal:

NOTICE: Deposits and withdrawals are currently disabled for UTC.

Any idea why?
Where did you see that? Seems I can normally deposit UTC...

primouno

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 09:06:25 AM

On trading tab (maybe because I didn't log in):

Edit: after logging still the same.

http://ultracoin.net/    -- Ultracoin Website        http://ultracointalk.org/  -- UltracoinTalk Forum
primouno

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 09:12:01 AM

What hashrates do you get after nfactor's changed? I only get 1.8 Kh/s using R9 270.

usukan
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 09:12:32 AM

On trading tab (maybe because I didn't log in):

Edit: after logging still the same.

lots of other coins same mssg

--

--
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 09:33:45 AM

feck this - new transaction just thru (wallet open, minting and NO SPENDS) - lost all my gains in stakes according to my new balance - back to square 1........

WTF?

total waste of space

Ultracoin qt.exe seems still working - using on average 1Mbps on network, 3-6.5% CPU and 160 MB memory - I will let it run a bit and see what happens.

any advice?

Thanks

--

--
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 10:16:27 AM

well - I stand corrected - back again now to what it was after gains from stakes??

I let it run for a week and see what happens.......

might be cheaper just to buy from the price on Crytpsy - seems they giving it away

feck this - new transaction just thru (wallet open, minting and NO SPENDS) - lost all my gains in stakes according to my new balance - back to square 1........

WTF?

total waste of space

any advice?

Thanks

--

--
luki_am

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 10:36:55 AM

My message to MintPal:

Hello,
 I made two withdraws from Ultracoin Pool and after 2 hours there aren't any coins on my account.
 After login to  Ultracoin Pool I can see that both withdraws are confirmed, what you can see in attachment to this message. There is not even information on MintPal about pending withdrawals. So I ask you - where are my coins?!

And answer:

Hello,

It seems there was a UTC hard fork today, we did not receive any notice of this at all other than a customer telling us about it after it'd happened today.

We are having some trouble with the update today and will look in to it again tomorrow, sorry for the delay.

Regards,
 Jay
 ​MintPal

I have the same situation with Cryptsy. I can't withdraw my UTC from pool because after that coins dissapear....
Ant there isn't any information about this problem from UTC developers... What a shit....
allyouracid
Legendary

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 01:52:47 PM

So, any news on that? Is the hard fork confirmed or is there any way to reenact this, to see myself that this actually happened?

Or any advice? Is it a bad idea to keep the wallet open for now?

nanoprobe
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Traveling in subspace

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 02:05:34 PM

So, any news on that? Is the hard fork confirmed or is there any way to reenact this, to see myself that this actually happened?

I can't get the block explorer to load so I can compare what it says to the wallet. Not good.

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.
Never look back, something might be gaining on you.
flobdeth

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 02:13:19 PM

Well written, dissapointing there are now just two of us to pick up on it though Huh

2) Price does not equal value; without real long-term solutions to increase demand,

Ultracoin will suffer as a currency.

That, is one of the most important factors for ANY product, that's where the problem lies, not in the Blockchains.......
The more services that accept UTC, the more liquidity the coin will have.  Liquidity means people are spending it, this is the goal is it not? To create the value from a usable commodity called "money" backed by TRUST over Nuclear weapons, is it not? to have it accepted and be able to buy items, or do you all just prefer to put your heads in the sand and shout "LALALALALALALA". How many of you know how fractional reserve works and understand it, and how it derives "value"?  It only has as much value as people believe, it has no inherent value (other than your greed and slavery to it)  Stop caring about price for a bit and care about how to set up business accepting it and you have something with real value, it will naturally find it's own market price.

I trade coins, but no where near as much as before, I have given up on chasing squirrels, it's stupid and you never catch them, if your lucky you'll manage to grab a few hairs off the tail as it runs past!  What I do look for now, is the support, any infrastructure, services, accessibility, so I can actually use what I mine.  What is the point of sitting on thousands of £'s when you know it's value is constantly dropping because you have none of that in place, how much can you stand to lose before you call it "ENOUGH"?  That''s the game you're all playing just now, and until you get it in your skulls that it requires more than "buy walls" you may as well open the window and throw your money out of it.

I understand you get it Rapture, but most people seem to completely miss the point.  CECVW gets it, get that guy on the team! he swears less than I do  Roll Eyes  I have been saying this forever

I have already spoken to devs for SOE (Sony online ent) they can't even understand what Bitcoin is, never mind how it works, I gave up after 90 mins.  They have no interest at this point, in fact when I explained how they could create a real world commodity in the likes of EQ2, they laughed.  The reply I got was "we have Station cards" completely missing the entire point and refusing to understand crypto has one single benefit to them.

In conclusion.  Keep chipping away with small firms if that's the way you want to go (i.e. Minecraft is a good start Bumface) but it seems there is still a LONG way to go before even guys who work in their dream geek jobs manage to even comprehend crypto and it's benefits of how they can use it to their advantage both inside and out of games.

What are the thoughts/opinions of the rest of the UTC team/community?

P.S:  Have taken wallet offline just now seeing some of these posts @UTC team, is there any issues or is everything cool?

FTC 71Vkbk3UwbfGP3NDRbAWJwWDNRfaKKSfgE
primouno

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 02:28:20 PM

I can't get the block explorer to load so I can compare what it says to the wallet. Not good.
I think it's all because PoS started yesterday.

nanoprobe
Legendary

Traveling in subspace

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 02:40:28 PM

That should not stop the block explorer from working. There is something else going on here.

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.
primouno

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 02:43:49 PM

That should not stop the block explorer from working. There is something else going on here.
PoS yesterday and nfactor change today, maby it's all together.

primouno

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 02:49:44 PM

Well written, dissapointing there are now just two of us to pick up on it though Huh

2) Price does not equal value; without real long-term solutions to increase demand,

Ultracoin will suffer as a currency.

That, is one of the most important factors for ANY product, that's where the problem lies, not in the Blockchains.......
The more services that accept UTC, the more liquidity the coin will have.  Liquidity means people are spending it, this is the goal is it not? To create the value from a usable commodity called "money" backed by TRUST over Nuclear weapons, is it not? to have it accepted and be able to buy items, or do you all just prefer to put your heads in the sand and shout "LALALALALALALA". How many of you know how fractional reserve works and understand it, and how it derives "value"?  It only has as much value as people believe, it has no inherent value (other than your greed and slavery to it)  Stop caring about price for a bit and care about how to set up business accepting it and you have something with real value, it will naturally find it's own market price.

I trade coins, but no where near as much as before, I have given up on chasing squirrels, it's stupid and you never catch them, if your lucky you'll manage to grab a few hairs off the tail as it runs past!  What I do look for now, is the support, any infrastructure, services, accessibility, so I can actually use what I mine.  What is the point of sitting on thousands of £'s when you know it's value is constantly dropping because you have none of that in place, how much can you stand to lose before you call it "ENOUGH"?  That''s the game you're all playing just now, and until you get it in your skulls that it requires more than "buy walls" you may as well open the window and throw your money out of it.

I understand you get it Rapture, but most people seem to completely miss the point.  CECVW gets it, get that guy on the team! he swears less than I do  Roll Eyes  I have been saying this forever

I have already spoken to devs for SOE (Sony online ent) they can't even understand what Bitcoin is, never mind how it works, I gave up after 90 mins.  They have no interest at this point, in fact when I explained how they could create a real world commodity in the likes of EQ2, they laughed.  The reply I got was "we have Station cards" completely missing the entire point and refusing to understand crypto has one single benefit to them.

In conclusion.  Keep chipping away with small firms if that's the way you want to go (i.e. Minecraft is a good start Bumface) but it seems there is still a LONG way to go before even guys who work in their dream geek jobs manage to even comprehend crypto and it's benefits of how they can use it to their advantage both inside and out of games.

What are the thoughts/opinions of the rest of the UTC team/community?

P.S:  Have taken wallet offline just now seeing some of these posts @UTC team, is there any issues or is everything cool?
I agree with both of you. Devs and the comunity have to focus on convincing as many companies as they can to use UTC. We'll see what will happen after Minecraft plugin is launched, maybe we can focus on that and find other games where UTC can be implemented. If we succeed I bet millions of other coins will try the same. We need to be one step ahead.
Most of people here haven't read what rapture wrote because the want to "chase squirrels" and want UTC price go up as fast as possible so they can earn easy money.

nanoprobe
Legendary

Traveling in subspace

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 02:53:02 PM

PoS yesterday and nfactor change today, maby it's all together.
Very well could be a combo of both. I had 3 more of those 0.00 sends again this AM. My wallet will remain offline until I hear something from the devs.

funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 02:57:48 PM

Yes where are the debs and 'management team'Huh
allyouracid
Legendary

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 02:58:35 PM

Yeah, we just go there and say "hey guys, we just had a hard fork and don't know what's happening next, but will you implement UTC anyway?"

Sorry for cynicism, but I have the feeling that we should try to get to know what's going on and - most important - what we can do to solve it.

Pages: « 1 ... 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 [825] 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 »
  Print  

Jump to: