Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:30:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 [824] 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ASIC-RESISTANT] UltraCoin (UTC) - Ultrafast 6 second transactions!!  (Read 946563 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 12:33:13 PM

when the minecraft thing is made is there a minecraft website/forum where we can tell the users about it? create a bit of a storm? Hopefully this will make UTC attractive to buyers again and make people want to buy some. Currently this week we are only getting £300 per day in volume. So body wants to buy UTC so we need to be "sexy" again.

If we make a huge fuzz about it hopefully we can get $100k in volumes again

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tsjaar

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 01:18:39 PM

when the minecraft thing is made is there a minecraft website/forum where we can tell the users about it? create a bit of a storm? Hopefully this will make UTC attractive to buyers again and make people want to buy some. Currently this week we are only getting £300 per day in volume. So body wants to buy UTC so we need to be "sexy" again.

Should be nice if we could make it to Clash of Clans, and other MMORPGs

WARNING HIGH SPEED - UTC - Ultracoin
Thirtybird

Activity: 693
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 01:33:50 PM

As far as getting a rig mining with a specific N-Factor, in my experience it's far more easy to do this on the NVIDIA side than it is on the AMD side of things. Cudaminer/ccMiner is often not faster (though sometimes it is), but there's no mucking around with thread concurrency, intensity, etc. to worry about. Yes, the launch config can help, but I've always found it a little odd that we get HW errors in the first place -- I guess I don't know what they really mean, but an error suggests that the hardware performed all the calculations that were asked of it and somehow got the wrong answer. And with SGminer or whatever, if you go past certain levels of intensity these become very real, and also a real pain to debug. If you only have one rig, or perhaps if you have one type of rig (e.g. all of them are running R9 280X GPUs or similar), it's not the worst thing in the world, but if you have a variety of hardware (which I do), it means debugging on every single rig. It's why I eventually quit mining UTC/THOR/MRC/etc. (never mind that THOR ended up being a complete bust regardless).

Some smart people are working to fix the whole way the amd cards have to be tweaked for different NFactor changes and even different algos. Hopefully, your point here will be moot in the near future.

If you're adventurous, there is a branch(chacha-flexible) of YACMiner that I've never found the time to finalize that includes:
hot changes of lookup gap (sometimes fails and crashes)
autotune - automatically select settings for your card to avoid HW errors (fails when mining locally due to timing I haven't looked at fixing)

It still includes using buffer-size to specify settings instead of having to deal with thread-concurrency and other fiddly bits.  Anyone who wants to help fix the timing issues and the crashing on lookup-gap change would probably earn a bounty of YAC from Beave Wink

YACMiner: https://github.com/Thirtybird/YACMiner  N-Factor information : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj3vcsuY-JFNdC1ITWJrSG9VeWp6QXppbVgxcm0tbGc&usp=drive_web#gid=0
BTC: 183eSsaxG9y6m2ZhrDhHueoKnZWmbm6jfC  YAC: Y4FKiwKKYGQzcqn3M3u6mJoded6ri1UWHa
mizultra

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:13:43 PM

+1

That's a good idea. we might actually discover some other ways to integrate UTC as well. Never hurts to talk to your audience.

http://ultracoin.net/ - Ultracoin Website  |   http://ultracoinpool.info/ - Ultracoin Pool
nanoprobe
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Traveling in subspace

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 03:29:18 PM

Can someone explain this? 4 deposits of 0.00 to no address showing up in my wallet?

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.
Never look back, something might be gaining on you.
allyouracid
Legendary

Activity: 2320
Merit: 1292

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:22:06 PM

Can someone explain this? 4 deposits of 0.00 to no address showing up in my wallet?

This is stake in action. Depending on how long your wallet was open, your coin amount should have increased by now. Looked quite the same in my wallet. So, everything is fine. Smiley

Don't visit my shitcoin blog: OCOIN.DEV
Use cointracking.info for tax declaration & tracking of your trades!
nanoprobe
Legendary

Activity: 980

Traveling in subspace

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:09:14 PM

Where did the 200+MH/s X11 miners on the multipool go? I thought those miners were part of the new team. No?

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.
Never look back, something might be gaining on you.
king_pin

Activity: 416
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 08:30:58 PM

Why did MintPal support tell me that there was a HARD FORK today???
wtf

Help to save a persons life with BITCOIN - http://www.bitcoinsaves.org/en/
J_Atomic

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 08:35:29 PM

N Factor changes tomorrow, correct? Maybe in some time zones this has happened already?
fredeq
Legendary

Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 08:46:38 PM

I think the schedule is for tomorrow and it is the same time for everyone, probably based on UTC time.

https://whattomine.com - Check what to mine Smiley
barbados-fs

Activity: 837
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 08:50:08 PM

This is stake in action. Depending on how long your wallet was open, your coin amount should have increased by now. Looked quite the same in my wallet. So, everything is fine. Smiley
Hey I have the same thing and only started today. Afraid that while I was taking a shower someone would steal my coins.
It turns out this is the norm? And why the transaction is shown as outgoing and not came?

Question to the developers.

And the last version of the purse (1.0.4.0) and the current version - 1.0.4.1 behave strangely. Purse works for 5-10 seconds, then at the same time freezes (not responding), then works again for 5-10 seconds and freezes again and so constantly.
Previous versions of purses worked without such failures.

"Coздaть ceнcopнyю ceть гopoдa - этo нe дopoгo, нe cлoжнo и пo cooтнoшeнию зaтpaты / эффeкт для гopoдa - нeoцeнимo! He нyжнo ждaть пoкa кopпopaции и гocyдapcтвa cдeлaют тaкиe ceнcopныe ceти и бyдyт иx oбcлyживaть - этo бyдeт дopoгo и бyдeт coбиpaть бoльшe дaнныx o нac c вaми, чeм мы бы этoгo xoтeли!" (c)Aira.life
CECVW
Legendary

Activity: 961

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 09:08:42 PM

The price is lowered continuously, what will you do?

Sadly nothing, they just talk like any ordinary coin, hash rate, pool mining etc. they are not doing anything different than any other coin that come in every week. Its a pity that such a good coin with a huge community they only thing they do is to talk about hash rate, pool, mining. This will not raise the value!! I said this lot of time and every time I write the value is lower and they continue talking about the same stuff. I said you need to join a bank, big company etc is not your future is written. don't you realise how many new coins are coming in everyday? the more coins they are release UTC value will be lower. I want the success of this coin, but seeing people always talking about the same thing does not help utc. UTC NEEDS MARKETING, and use as a currency not only for games, that's what every coin does, you need something new, unique, don't do what other vulgar coins do, be creative, management of this coins, sign they messages, with tittles of Directors,Executive Marketing Etc, Please more actions and less high-ranking I find that trivial when this coins has not done anything major yet. Its not an enterprise yet to carry on those names. Please lets be more modest and do something significant to wear those names. This coin UTC has a great future if we do great things not just words after words...Action, join, do partnership, Negociate with big shops, a big name brand. I know is hard to make a coin successful and its not easy, But its nothing is done this beautiful coin can die soon if nothing serious is done

⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲     WIRELESS COIN     ⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⏲  FORUM THREADGITHUBTWITTERSLACK 1 #time-travellers-yet/#wlcSLACK 2 #21_tickets/#wlc  ⏲
funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 09:32:25 PM

The price is lowered continuously, what will you do?

Sadly nothing, they just talk like any ordinary coin, hash rate, pool mining etc. they are not doing anything different than any other coin that come in every week. Its a pity that such a good coin with a huge community they only thing they do is to talk about hash rate, pool, mining. This will not raise the value!! I said this lot of time and every time I write the value is lower and they continue talking about the same stuff. I said you need to join a bank, big company etc is not your future is written. don't you realise how many new coins are coming in everyday? the more coins they are release UTC value will be lower. I want the success of this coin, but seeing people always talking about the same thing does not help utc. UTC NEEDS MARKETING, and use as a currency not only for games, that's what every coin does, you need something new, unique, don't do what other vulgar coins do, be creative, management of this coins, sign they messages, with tittles of Directors,Executive Marketing Etc, Please more actions and less high-ranking I find that trivial when this coins has not done anything major yet. Its not an enterprise yet to carry on those names. Please lets be more modest and do something significant to wear those names. This coin UTC has a great future if we do great things not just words after words...Action, join, do partnership, Negociate with big shops, a big name brand. I know is hard to make a coin successful and its not easy, But its nothing is done this beautiful coin can die soon if nothing serious is done

+100 with the marketing - very strong words!
nesic1

Activity: 636
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 10:15:42 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2014, 10:44:22 PM by nesic1

how much 1x 280x give utc coin for 1 day? i am implementing UTC to my betting site
usukan
Legendary

Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 01:56:32 AM

Note that your wallet is not encrypted - thats usually a good idea so you dont lose your coins

--

--
luki_am

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:34:41 AM

Somebody already set up under the new N-factor?

Я пoлyчaю 4,42кH/c нa 280X и 2,62кH/c нa 270X
What miner do you use ? How much memory does it has your card? What are your settings/configuration?
I have R9 280x and has only 3.1 kh/s. I've got cgminer 3.7.2
rapture333

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 05:47:15 AM

Comprehensive Full PoS Analysis

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-2KxyVfnHaAbFBpN3dkZ0tldHc/edit?usp=sharing

Written by myself

mizultra

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:20:19 AM

Note that your wallet is not encrypted - that's usually a good idea so you dont lose your coins

Someone should write something up about the wallet UI and how the POS and minting are setup and displayed. At first glance, those mysterious 0.00 transaction records don't help either.
If you double click on the transaction record you can see how many UTC you received but there there's this explanation at the bottom:

Staked coins must wait 520 blocks before they can return to balance and be spent. When you generated this proof-of-stake block, it was broadcast to the network to be added to the block chain. If it fails to get into the chain, it will change to "not accepted" and not be a valid stake. This may occasionally happen if another node generates a proof-of-stake block within a few seconds of yours.

It's all rather confusing because your Wallet has a balance and for the most part the Stake is always showing 0.00 even with the Enable Stake Minting checkbox checked. So how you do even know what your current stake is? Is it the wallet balance?

At one point I looked at my wallet and there was a Stake balance and then I saw the transaction records, so I assumed it had moved coins from the wallet balance to the Stake and was processing them because they all ended up back in my wallet balance with the additional POS payout coins.

http://ultracoin.net/ - Ultracoin Website  |   http://ultracoinpool.info/ - Ultracoin Pool
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 07:20:43 AM
Last edit: July 12, 2014, 07:32:55 AM by usukan

Thanks Richard - nice analysis.

Agree on most every point.

At the end of the day its plainly obvious that we just need some ideas on where to aim the future of UTC.  We need some entrepreneurial ideas on what UTC can do that the 100's of other coins are not doing.  And forget anonymity!

Does it seem strange that the most bland of coins (BTC) is actually the most successful? Sure it has first mover advantage. Its because the growing masses recognise this coin to be the ONLY way to move money.  Most of the worlds population don't hear about other coins and LTC is a far of second.

The outcome of the BTC auction should be taken as a learning.  Developing economies, (the unbanked) and economies with FIAT under stress and rampant inflation are the real opportunities for Crypto.  The strategies of Tim Draper and his crew seem to have identified a key target that I think UTC should really focus on. Hes not a great talker but a shrewd thinker and visionary - with LOTS of skin in the game.

Two things:
1 - Remittances from overseas workers back to their home country.
2 - Stable store of value in countries where FIAT is hyper inflating.

South America, Africa and especially Asia has most of the worlds burgeoning lower to middle class - and they really need fast, cheap, safe transactions AND an alternative stable store of value.

How to do this for UTC?

There are already a myriad of startups handling remittances and trade in crypto in these countries - BUT they are only dealing with BTC.  They need an introduction from UTC marketing to a viable alternative that is better - faster and cheaper.

They need Android wallets and transfers via text - its all there already but only for BTC.

UTC is blazing fast - I have constantly been amazed.  Try an over the counter transaction with BTC - you will finish your beer before its all confirmed.  Not so for UTC.  We need to really make this point and leverage from it.  A guy in the Philippines I send some BTC to buy some pigs will have to feed and water them before they get handed over.  With UTC he will have them on the spit roaster by the time the BTC would have got confirmed 6 times.

So my summary - pitch UTC at developing economies (most of the other coins have missed this and its one of the biggest opportunities) - and pitch it at weak FIAT countries.  
Contact Tim Draper  - a much cheaper point of entry to achieve his stated goals!
talk to MPESA (https://www.worldremit.com/en/kenya/m-pesa?,
Philippines -  https://coins.ph/ (this country is prime)
India
China
Indonesia
ETC etc

But one last opportunity - as I mentioned to you at Ultracoin Talk - Voidspace.
http://ultracointalk.org/index.php?topic=10.msg275#msg275

Forget the tinkering with ideas that the other shiny new coins offer - hit the SPOT

--

--
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 07:42:11 AM

This POS worked well (VERY WELL - 100's of coins) for about 4 hrs

Then it all stopped - I have waited a further 7 hrs for anything to happen?  I assumed it was because:

"Staked coins must wait 520 blocks before they can return to balance and be spent. When you generated this proof-of-stake block, it was broadcast to the network to be added to the block chain. If it fails to get into the chain, it will change to "not accepted" and not be a valid stake. This may occasionally happen if another node generates a proof-of-stake block within a few seconds of yours."

520 blocks = about 4.3 hrs (30 sec blocks?)

but still nothing happening well after 4.3 hrs.  Do I have to wait a week before it starts again?

I have not spent or recd any coins - or closed my wallet. Has it frozen?

Should I restart my wallet?  Will I lose my stake so far if I do?

any advice?

Thanks

Note that your wallet is not encrypted - that's usually a good idea so you dont lose your coins

Someone should write something up about the wallet UI and how the POS and minting are setup and displayed. At first glance, those mysterious 0.00 transaction records don't help either.
If you double click on the transaction record you can see how many UTC you received but there there's this explanation at the bottom:

Staked coins must wait 520 blocks before they can return to balance and be spent. When you generated this proof-of-stake block, it was broadcast to the network to be added to the block chain. If it fails to get into the chain, it will change to "not accepted" and not be a valid stake. This may occasionally happen if another node generates a proof-of-stake block within a few seconds of yours.

It's all rather confusing because your Wallet has a balance and for the most part the Stake is always showing 0.00 even with the Enable Stake Minting checkbox checked. So how you do even know what your current stake is? Is it the wallet balance?

At one point I looked at my wallet and there was a Stake balance and then I saw the transaction records, so I assumed it had moved coins from the wallet balance to the Stake and was processing them because they all ended up back in my wallet balance with the additional POS payout coins.

--

--
Pages: « 1 ... 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 [824] 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 »
  Print  

Jump to: