Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:17:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmit - Bitcoin shopping mall - Bitcoin market place - Bitcoin auction house  (Read 142470 times)
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 07:28:57 PM

Someone is trying to comprise the site by the looks of things. They'll hit the jackpot if they do get access to our coins. Luckily I moved a lot of mine. But I will lose a small amount which I would rather not lose. Any updates?

i've been trying to get in contact with the site owner for days and no replies. i won several auctions recently, and 1 of 3 i won the seller never accepts my bid or ships the order. i've made multiple requests for my btc back and now it says i have to wait 7 days for the seller "CCMMiner" to object, and if he doesn't then and only then do i get my btc back. such bullshit. i'm pissed

edit: here's the order number for transparency sake. https://www.bitmit.net/en/order/22013

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2013, 07:38:47 PM

i've been trying to get in contact with the site owner for days and no replies. i won several auctions recently, and 1 of 3 i won the seller never accepts my bid or ships the order. i've made multiple requests for my btc back and now it says i have to wait 7 days for the seller "CCMMiner" to object, and if he doesn't then and only then do i get my btc back. such bullshit. i'm pissed

edit: here's the order number for transparency sake. https://www.bitmit.net/en/order/22013

sounds like perfectly fine escrow.

bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 07:44:05 PM

sounds like perfectly fine escrow.
their escrow system is far from fine, noobs can scam a long time member with spotless reputation in no time
usually this involves "uhh, i never got it" or if you lower your profit even more and send registered "there was nothing in it"
seriously bitmit will always rule in the favor of the buyer
tosaki (OP)

Activity: 401
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 08:58:29 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2013, 09:09:47 PM by tosaki

Is bitmit still scamming?

Sorry but what you are talking about?

Service is completely restored and all features should work fine again.

As some of you already noticed we added a new ddos protection layer to our site to reduce down times.

I am sorry for our bad communication in this matter and problems you were facing because of this.

Hi, when I can no longer 'change' or 'delete' a message written to a seller on the Message Board, does that indicate the seller has read the message?

Yes it does.

Been having issues connecting to BitMit from a number of different locations over the last week. As of last night, when I last checked, Chrome reports the following:

You attempted to reach www.bitmit.net, but instead you actually reached a server identifying itself as ssl2305.cloudflare.com. This may be caused by a misconfiguration on the server or by something more serious. An attacker on your network could be trying to get you to visit a fake (and potentially harmful) version of www.bitmit.net.

You should not proceed, especially if you have never seen this warning before for this site.

Internet explorer is also reporting issues:

The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.

However downforme reports the site is up: http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/bitmit.net. But I'm not sure if they are just testing for a ping response (or similar) from the domain.

Is someone trying to subvert traffic to the site? Possibly for nefarious activities such as phishisng. Or is it just down. If it's to do with SSL certificates it's not really an error I feel comfortable ignoring.

Can anyone better at diagnosing this type of issue provide some insight.

In the last week there were some problems but it should work fine now. Please try to flush your cache and try again. Here you can check that our ssl certificate is fine: http://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-checker.html#hostname=bitmit.net

Someone is trying to comprise the site by the looks of things. They'll hit the jackpot if they do get access to our coins. Luckily I moved a lot of mine. But I will lose a small amount which I would rather not lose. Any updates?

Hi. We already checked this and decided to refund your Bitcoins. Today you cancelled the order and on the same date we refunded your Bitcoins.

They are still not scamming but have a communication habit that makes many people nervous they might scam us at some point. Much money at stake and no person to point at if things go bad.
+1 And what is their problem with using a third party for escrow?
A third party escrow would not have access to internal information we use to identify the individual who is in right / would charge additional fee etc.... I do not see any benefits.
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 08:59:54 PM

i just received an email from bitmit saying .774 btc credited to my account. thanks man, its clear i'm not trying to scam here. seller never responds to pm's and never ships the item, so i felt my btc were just sitting in limbo. Thank you tosaki for your swift action. i'm satisfied with the outcome as of now.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
bernard75
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 09:06:05 PM

Thx for the feedback, but could you give some clarification on the Escrow system?
Is the buyer, even when he just registered and its his first purchase, always right?
tosaki (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 09:12:13 PM

Thx for the feedback, but could you give some clarification on the Escrow system?
Is the buyer, even when he just registered and its his first purchase, always right?

their escrow system is far from fine, noobs can scam a long time member with spotless reputation in no time
usually this involves "uhh, i never got it" or if you lower your profit even more and send registered "there was nothing in it"
seriously bitmit will always rule in the favor of the buyer

Sorry but that's not true. I think you got a wrong impression of how our escrow system works. Our escrow system does not only protect buyers it also protects sellers. If a buyer tries to scam you we will not easily refund the buyer when we have no clear/strong evidences that the seller is a scammer. Because of this rule the escrow system works at all. When it comes to an abuse case we are investigating every case individually and not refunding buyers automatically etc.
bernard75
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 09:23:38 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2013, 09:41:13 PM by bernard75

If a buyer tries to scam you we will not easily refund the buyer when we have no clear evidences that the seller is a scammer.
Yeah, there is this 14 days, 10 days or 7 days rule?
But generally you put sellers who have been around for quite sometime under general suspicion instead of sokmebody who makes his first buy?
tosaki (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 09:43:43 PM

If a buyer tries to scam you we will not easily refund the buyer when we have no clear evidences that the seller is a scammer.
Yeah, there is this 14 days, 10 days or 7 days rule?
But generally you put the sellers under general suspicion instead of sokmebody who makes his first buy?

Both parties can request an automatic release request / btc refund. It is useful when a trading partner disappears or the buyer forget to release the Bitcoins. E.g. you sold an item to a new buyer and he requests a refund short after you sent the good. Then you can simply deny the refund request. There is no preferability of new buyers.
bernard75
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 09:45:37 PM

I will surly quote you on that the next time some noob calls me a scammer.
Darktongue

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 12:58:45 AM

I've got a huge problem. .. I have a seller who does not reply to messages and is holding my coin with no shipping. He declined to return my bitcoins after waiting. Now he has set the item to shipped and hasn't.  It appears several people have had this problem abd have even marked his feedback in the negative because of it.

20962 is the order number.  Please help!  Lol

CoinsForTech

Activity: 698
Merit: 500

5% Bitcoin Discount - All Orders

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 01:04:43 AM

I am considering listing some our products on Bitmit to minimize the trust issues with our new store. Are consumers purchasing expensive items (such as laptops, mobile phones, cameras etc) on Bitmit?

giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 01:46:43 AM

I am considering listing some our products on Bitmit to minimize the trust issues with our new store. Are consumers purchasing expensive items (such as laptops, mobile phones, cameras etc) on Bitmit?

Although I would not recommend to lock up money you don't want to loose with a service that doesn't have a face, people use bitmit for expensive stuff, too. And yeah, even I sold stuff for $400 at a time but bitmit is the best so far.

If you think you might have tens of thousands of $$ in bitmit at some ooint I ask you to take this warning serious, talk to the people behind bitmit in person and report back here with your conclusion.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
CoinsForTech

Activity: 698
Merit: 500

5% Bitcoin Discount - All Orders

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 02:29:25 AM

Although I would not recommend to lock up money you don't want to loose with a service that doesn't have a face, people use bitmit for expensive stuff, too. And yeah, even I sold stuff for $400 at a time but bitmit is the best so far.

If you think you might have tens of thousands of $$ in bitmit at some ooint I ask you to take this warning serious, talk to the people behind bitmit in person and report back here with your conclusion.

Thank you for your honest feedback. We would be using the escrow, and with our large inventory it is likely that we would have a significant amount of money tied up. I'm going to give this thread a good read before deciding to do anything.

cWq34#9tH-3

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 10:56:57 PM

While I think that it's good (for society) to have services (such as bitmit) that are owned and run by anonymous people - only a fool would invest or risk a great deal of money in it. Sure they have "escrow" but so what? How does that protect me the seller if bitmit should go out of business or suddenly disappear? If that happens then I am left with no way to recoup my money. And I don't like that. Do you?

Bitmit, you need to put a "face" on your service so we have someone to hold accountable should that become necessary. Unless and until that happens, I would never let you hold more than a small sum of my money.
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 11:29:22 PM

While I think that it's good (for society) to have services (such as bitmit) that are owned and run by anonymous people - only a fool would invest or risk a great deal of money in it. Sure they have "escrow" but so what? How does that protect me the seller if bitmit should go out of business or suddenly disappear? If that happens then I am left with no way to recoup my money. And I don't like that. Do you?

Bitmit, you need to put a "face" on your service so we have someone to hold accountable should that become necessary. Unless and until that happens, I would never let you hold more than a small sum of my money.

The problem is, many people trusting bitmit with small sums, not only sums up but also lulls other into believing that many people trust them. Therefore I will not trade there until things solidify a bit.

The other thing is: Bitcoin with Micro transaction channels has tools to run a service without this third party risk. Bitmit could forge transactions that – given the consent of the buyer – can only be forwarded to the seller or some NGO or – given the consent of the seller – to the buyer or some NGO, so there would be no way bitmit would accidentally loose the money to some one single entity (like itself).

In the current world of finance we are so used to stripping naked so the business can make us accountable for our wrong-doings (CC-chargebacks for example) that we don't see that in Bitcoin the companies have to strip naked or provide means so even they don't pose a third party risk in which case I totally agree that they should be able to remain anonymous.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
cWq34#9tH-3

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 11:47:11 PM

Excellent points. ALL.

So hey bitmit, why not (as gizmo suggested) let some sellers & buyers deal directly with each other (at least those that want to) - and you can perhaps charge a fee for each sale and/or for my storefront?
Darktongue

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 12:16:09 AM

Well if bitmit doesn't help me recover my funds that have been blatentently stolen from me I will not be supporting them anymore

As saod in my last posting. Zthis seller has gone two weeks now. Not a word not even a fuck you. Actually day 13 I got a fuck you then he marked the item as shipped and denyed release of coins.  In 7 more days HE will have my coins.  Atleast that's what the escrow now says.  I habe no more options to protest. 

This is my first bad deal with bitcoin so if this sounds like a noobish fret, bitch etc.  It's probably because of that fact it's the first time.

pac2013

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 01:51:40 PM

Hi, I placed an order (no escrow) a few days ago, the seller cancelled the order because could not ship. The BTC is confirmed received. Since no escrow, I am unable to claim BTC back. Status is now that BTC is received and item not shipped. When asking the seller to release BTC back to me, s/he says I must ask Bitmit support for my BTC. I have written to Bitmit support, but no response. Who is holding my BTC, the seller or Bitmit? Could not the seller just release the BTCs?
No_2

Activity: 901
Merit: 1031

BTC: the beginning of stake-based public resources

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 02:06:29 PM

Is it me or is the website now unbelievably slow...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »
  Print  

Jump to: