Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:29:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmit - Bitcoin shopping mall - Bitcoin market place - Bitcoin auction house  (Read 142470 times)
tosaki (OP)

Activity: 401
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 01:19:11 PM

I bought a SDC at the 8.10, and it didn't arrive yet. Ok that's not so nice (since costs in XBT would be half now..) and I'll ask the seller for a discount, but what wonders me more is, when I watched my sellers profile I saw he voted himself up in the latests entry. See: https://www.bitmit.net/de/user/uk1

How is that possible??

It is not possible anymore (He bought one of his own items). However you should ask yourself if you would have paid the seller some more BTC if the exchange rate dropped? Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lclc

Activity: 298
Merit: 275

Bitcoin Association Switzerland

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 01:32:02 PM

It is not possible anymore (He bought one of his own items). However you should ask yourself if you would have paid the seller some more BTC if the exchange rate dropped? Smiley

Then IMO you should remove it.

No, but it is his and not my fault that the item arrives that late.

ReCat

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 06:20:55 PM

Can we do something about non-paying bidders? A bidder won an auction for one of my items, preventing it from being re-listed and effectively disallowing me from selling it, and then just cancelled the order without paying... and I can't even leave him bad feedback? What the hell?!

Bidders should only be allowed to bid if they already have the BTC in their account!

BTC: 1recatirpHBjR9sxgabB3RDtM6TgntYUW
Hold onto what you love with all your might, Because you can never know when - Oh. What you love is now gone.
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 06:59:25 PM

Can we do something about non-paying bidders? A bidder won an auction for one of my items, preventing it from being re-listed and effectively disallowing me from selling it, and then just cancelled the order without paying... and I can't even leave him bad feedback? What the hell?!

Bidders should only be allowed to bid if they already have the BTC in their account!

This was discussed shortly and should have reached Tosaki many times before. Sorry for repeating myself: Please make this happen at least for new users that have nothing to loose. Interfering with my sales should leave me a way to interfere with your reputation if it doesn't result in mutual benefit. Not being able to recourse to reputation, the noob is in an unfair position of power.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 07:15:58 PM

After speaking with bitmit they will not give me my bitcoins back because "they do not have sufficient proof"

When I spoke with support prior to my package being delivered they told me the best way to prove if I was scammed was to record me unboxing it. Obviously they lied. So for future users make sure you are aware that recording an unboxing video is not proof.

For it sounds very fishy that you first ask if such a proof is okay and then claim that you have been scammed while the money is still hold in escrow. If you really think that you got scammed you can go to your local authorities and fill out a statutory declaration and send us a copy of that.

Update:
- Pages loads faster
- If we think that an item is fishy (gift card, paypal etc) we may require you to verify your ID before you can continue selling
- When you edit an digital delivery item the stock does automatically adjust to your digital item stock -> This fixes a bug that delisted digital delivery items when the regular stock was zero but digital stock had some entries left

You may try to pin this on me but I asked this weeks prior to me purchasing this order. I wanted to know simply how I could make sure not to be scammed on your site which obviously following your directions did the opposite. I also find it interesting how when this has happened to me on a prior order I emailed support and it was quickly worked out. Now its a problem for some reason?

I also guess your going to just keep the bitcoins for yourself and call it profit? Real good business ethnics

I would like to warn everyone that video proof or an unboxing video is not proof for you to get a refund

Instead bitmit will simply keep your coins
giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 08:34:34 PM

I would assume that exactly this is not the case but wouldn't wonder if it took a while to decide in some cases. Last resort should be to give to charity.
As much as bitmit scares me for being secretive about their identity and holding customers funds I don't think they would easily abuse the escrow of all things.

About your warning: It's all too easy to fabric video proofs and I fully understand that for the sake of overall user satisfaction they have to take into account a wast array of indicators that not necessarily can all be public. False positives not being 0% will get them loud enemies, so they will try to avoid them, too. Still, being a loud enemy doesn't proof you are a false positive, so just one case will not make people consider bitmit to be a scam but you to be a scammer. The burden the first whistle blower has to take.

WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 09:33:59 PM

I would assume that exactly this is not the case but wouldn't wonder if it took a while to decide in some cases. Last resort should be to give to charity.
As much as bitmit scares me for being secretive about their identity and holding customers funds I don't think they would easily abuse the escrow of all things.

About your warning: It's all too easy to fabric video proofs and I fully understand that for the sake of overall user satisfaction they have to take into account a wast array of indicators that not necessarily can all be public. False positives not being 0% will get them loud enemies, so they will try to avoid them, too. Still, being a loud enemy doesn't proof you are a false positive, so just one case will not make people consider bitmit to be a scam but you to be a scammer. The burden the first whistle blower has to take.

agreed, Feel free to check out my ratings here on bitcointalk and also on bitcoin-otc if you need some proof that I am a legitimate buyer/seller.
Also for those of you with less experience with how the OTC works I do have a few fake negatives, fake meaning they came from people who are rated negatively, this is because one scammer tried to blackmail me with fake negatives to give him money.

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=starsoccer

From what I have seen this must be the case. I have sent them many emails which they conveniently do not respond to, then I have to post publicly here just to get one response which since then I have not gotten a response. They responded to my original pm telling me that they could not decide the case in my favor due to not sufficient proof. so I asked how I could prove it in the future and what would happen to my coins which I got no response on still
giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 09:58:44 PM

Feel free to check out my ratings here on bitcointalk and also on bitcoin-otc if you need some proof that I am a legitimate buyer/seller.

Oh, am I glad not to have to decide on who the scammer is but judging from what I see there, I see how GlooBoy is keeping a positive score despite of getting gang-raped by what you try to make us believe is trying to down-rate you: a pack of scammers. How can this OTC-rating system be so broken that even "supa 1" to "supa 5" can rate a person using the exact same text without them being removed for obvious reasons?? Sick place!

ɃɃ
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 10:08:50 PM

Feel free to check out my ratings here on bitcointalk and also on bitcoin-otc if you need some proof that I am a legitimate buyer/seller.

Oh, am I glad not to have to decide on who the scammer is but judging from what I see there, I see how GlooBoy is keeping a positive score despite of getting gang-raped by what you try to make us believe is trying to down-rate you: a pack of scammers. How can this OTC-rating system be so broken that even "supa 1" to "supa 5" can rate a person using the exact same text without them being removed for obvious reasons?? Sick place!

Yes I do have 2 real negatives, I have no problem admitting such. I am not trying to accuse glooboy of being a scammer, as he is not one. Me and him had trouble in the past hence me giving him a negative and him giving me one. Just the majority are fake is what i wanted to make sure people were aware of. Over time being active in a community you are bound to wide up with negatives weather real or fake.

Also despite what you think of the OTC it is still a very widely used place.

I spoke with the owner, nanotube, he does not believe in altering the WOT at all as it is a WOT and therefore fake negatives like these can easily be detected. Despite that I disagree with him this is how the otc works. Feel free to come to the channel and talk to others about it if you do not believe me.
tosaki (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 08:40:49 AM

I am sure we did not say that you will get an instant refund when you have an unboxing video. We said it would support the escrow process but until now it has turned into the opposite for you. If you really got scammed and we cannot determine who of you is in right the next logical step is to call your authorities and declare it under oath that the seller has sent you an empty instead of the promised item. The money is still hold in escrow and really wonder why you claimed on the first day that you got ripped off. You had the chance to follow our proposal to make your statement more trustworthy but as it seems you don't want to. Therefore we don't believe you are in right and the whole dispute case is getting fishy!

favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2013, 09:02:01 AM

Shouldn't there be a bill or some sort of certificate with the height and weight of the package? If he sent empty it should be obvious

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2013, 10:05:54 AM

Shouldn't there be a bill or some sort of certificate with the height and weight of the package? If he sent empty it should be obvious

No weight on the postage label if it's flat rate.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 12:07:20 PM

I am sure we did not say that you will get an instant refund when you have an unboxing video. We said it would support the escrow process but until now it has turned into the opposite for you. If you really got scammed and we cannot determine who of you is in right the next logical step is to call your authorities and declare it under oath that the seller has sent you an empty instead of the promised item. The money is still hold in escrow and really wonder why you claimed on the first day that you got ripped off. You had the chance to follow our proposal to make your statement more trustworthy but as it seems you don't want to. Therefore we don't believe you are in right and the whole dispute case is getting fishy!

You did not say an instant refund, and I never said you said that. I simply said that your support told me the best possible evidence I could give to you if I was ever scammed would be a unboxing video.

I am not sure how this has turned to opposite evidence for me.

I claimed it on the first day he ripped me off. What I should wait a week and then try to claim my bitcoins back?

Follow what proposal? I did exactly as support told me to do execpt your support didnt respond to my many emails over a week so finally I had to post publicly. I am not quite sure why you think I am the fishy one. Would you not be pissed if someone told you what todo to prove that you had got scammed. You follow those instructions and they dont respond for a week. After a week you post publicly about it and then they tell you it is not good enough evidence and that this who things makes you look like more fishy. Would you not be angry?

Also would you mind pming me an email address where I can directly talk to the, Chan. I have spoke with him before and giving him suggestions on how to improve your site.
tosaki (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 01:45:55 PM

You did not say an instant refund, and I never said you said that. I simply said that your support told me the best possible evidence I could give to you if I was ever scammed would be a unboxing video.

I claimed it on the first day he ripped me off. What I should wait a week and then try to claim my bitcoins back?

Follow what proposal? I did exactly as support told me to do execpt your support didnt respond to my many emails over a week so finally I had to post publicly. I am not quite sure why you think I am the fishy one. Would you not be pissed if someone told you what todo to prove that you had got scammed. You follow those instructions and they dont respond for a week. After a week you post publicly about it and then they tell you it is not good enough evidence and that this who things makes you look like more fishy. Would you not be angry?

Also would you mind pming me an email address where I can directly talk to the, Chan. I have spoke with him before and giving him suggestions on how to improve your site.
I understand your concerns but don't you think it's a little bit suspicious that you ask for the video proof and short time after this you really get an empty box. I can tell you that the fraud we have with physical shipments is extremely low because sellers know that they won't get the money if they are sending nothing/empty boxes. At this time we cannot clearly say which of you is in right but it isn't our goal to let the money stuck in escrow. You can pm here or write to our support staff and they will redirect it to me.
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 02:43:35 PM

I understand your concerns but don't you think it's a little bit suspicious that you ask for the video proof and short time after this you really get an empty box. I can tell you that the fraud we have with physical shipments is extremely low because sellers know that they won't get the money if they are sending nothing/empty boxes. At this time we cannot clearly say which of you is in right but it isn't our goal to let the money stuck in escrow. You can pm here or write to our support staff and they will redirect it to me.

I have emailed chan, the owner hopefully he can help me.

Also me asking for the video proof was months ago. It was prior to me having a deal which I was sure was a scam. I was sure of this as they guy was promising a 50ghash asic from BFL when BFL did not even release any of the asics yet. Also instead of sending even an empty box he just sent a letter so....

ReCat

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2013, 07:32:41 PM

It's really a douchebag move to leave someone bad rep over here just because they're being a good escrow. Nobody gets BTC until the situation is resolved and he puts bad feedback like a child.

Shameful.

BTC: 1recatirpHBjR9sxgabB3RDtM6TgntYUW
Hold onto what you love with all your might, Because you can never know when - Oh. What you love is now gone.
row5_seat47

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 01:05:21 AM

"BitMit Bitcoin Auction is with Bits but Without a Face"

Bitcoin Magazine Issue 14

Think we're going to keep this as a Print Exclusive (though its up to BM)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1627767428/

issue 14 s/b here soon
http://bitcoinmagazine.com/magazine/product-category/print/

bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 01:11:18 AM

tosaki really appreciate the recent cosmetically changes, but fundamental issues have still not been addressed.
Like the unpaid orders and verification process, there have been several plausible solutions suggested to change that.
Are you guys at least considering some of them?
FullLife

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 02:47:38 AM

I have a situation and I don't really know what should be my next step.

A user bought a $25 Lowes.com gift card code from me early yesterday afternoon.  He paid for the card and received the code, but he hasn't indicated that he received it and he hasn't left any feedback.  So, his payment is still locked in escrow.  I sent him a friendly reminder to mark that he has received the item, but I haven't received any reply.  I called Lowe's customer service number to check the value of the code and none of it has been used yet.

This individual is not a brand-new user, and according to his feedback he's bought a gift card code before.  I have no other way to contact him besides sending a message through Bitmit.  Is waiting my only option?

This experience has brought to light a concern I have for the way the current system is setup.  What's to keep someone from buying a card code and not indicating that they received it or leave feedback?  So their payment stays locked in escrow while they use the code.  They then claim that the code was no good or had no value to try and get their money back.  There's no way for the seller to prove that the code originally had value, so it's the word of the seller against the word of the buyer.

How would Bitmit handle this situation?
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2013, 10:21:29 AM

I have a situation and I don't really know what should be my next step.

A user bought a $25 Lowes.com gift card code from me early yesterday afternoon.  He paid for the card and received the code, but he hasn't indicated that he received it and he hasn't left any feedback.  So, his payment is still locked in escrow.  I sent him a friendly reminder to mark that he has received the item, but I haven't received any reply.  I called Lowe's customer service number to check the value of the code and none of it has been used yet.

This individual is not a brand-new user, and according to his feedback he's bought a gift card code before.  I have no other way to contact him besides sending a message through Bitmit.  Is waiting my only option?

This experience has brought to light a concern I have for the way the current system is setup.  What's to keep someone from buying a card code and not indicating that they received it or leave feedback?  So their payment stays locked in escrow while they use the code.  They then claim that the code was no good or had no value to try and get their money back.  There's no way for the seller to prove that the code originally had value, so it's the word of the seller against the word of the buyer.

How would Bitmit handle this situation?

I'm selling only digital goods and this is not new to me. I usually wait like 2 days, if there's no reaction from the buyer (usually new people...) I contact the support. They release the escrow then.

Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »
  Print  

Jump to: