Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:12:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6073 6074 6075 6076 6077 6078 6079 6080 6081 6082 6083 6084 6085 6086 6087 6088 6089 6090 6091 6092 6093 6094 6095 6096 6097 6098 6099 6100 6101 6102 6103 6104 6105 6106 6107 6108 6109 6110 6111 6112 6113 6114 6115 6116 6117 6118 6119 6120 6121 6122 [6123] 6124 6125 6126 6127 6128 6129 6130 6131 6132 6133 6134 6135 6136 6137 6138 6139 6140 6141 6142 6143 6144 6145 6146 6147 6148 6149 6150 6151 6152 6153 6154 6155 6156 6157 6158 6159 6160 6161 6162 6163 6164 6165 6166 6167 6168 6169 6170 6171 6172 6173 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722507 times)
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 09:03:11 AM

man man - solar now officially siding with the trolls  Grin
after he tried to scam us and sell that SLACK channel for hard cash (nobody took it obviously - why would anybody pay)
he seems officially bud hurt out there
dont u cry now - remember u brought this on yourself   Cry
Yes, yes..I'm a troll, Icebreaker's a troll and now solarminer is a troll. Anyone who criticises Dash at all is obviously a troll. Tell me, is Charlie Lee also a troll? Because he is also saying some horrible and nasty things about poor, harangued, hard-done-by Dash. Maybe you should put him on the ignore/troll list as well, just in case he decides to post a comment here?

Newbs get this: when the masternode sell-off begins it will already be too late for you to get out. You will wake up in the poor house. Ditch this shit now while you can still get a relatively high price for it.

Wow, Charlie Lee is Grade A troll.  Who knew?   Tongue

Who cares what this guy thinks?

His claim to fame was driven by:

CTRL-C
CTRL-P

And litecoin was born
He's not an innovator and apart from his mouth mouthing off, doesn't contribute that much

Weak privacy. Go on then Charlie you smart ass, Break a 8 round private send. Ohh that's right no one has to date, and you can't prove shit either. Break it or shut up litecoin fool.

How many XMR did you get paid to tweet that.
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 09:17:18 AM

Unfair instamined launch? like BTC and LTC? as in 3 or 4 people got the majority of the coins in the first weeks/months?

Semi-centralized? you mean like half-hole or something?

Weak privacy? strong words... no facts

Maybe you're more into beer or wine and that's ok

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2017, 09:27:23 AM

Anyone who criticises Dash at all is obviously a troll. Tell me, is Charlie Lee also a troll? Because he is also saying some horrible and nasty things about poor, harangued, hard-done-by Dash. Maybe you should put him on the ignore/troll list as well, just in case he decides to post a comment here?

Newbs get this: when the masternode sell-off begins it will already be too late for you to get out. You will wake up in the poor house. Ditch this shit now while you can still get a relatively high price for it.

CTRL-C
CTRL-P

And litecoin was born
He's not an innovator and apart from his mouth mouthing off, doesn't contribute that much

Apparently @WWhithauer cares what @SatoshiLite thinks.

That's why he asked coblee "what are your thoughts on DASH?"

CTRL-P?  Why would coblee print out the source code?  That’s real retarded, sir.

Oh, you must be thinking of CTRL-V, which is paste, but are too much of a non-1337 lamer dumbass to complete your deflection mission without screwing up your basic, unoriginal Hurr-Durr-Litecoin-is-just-a-clone talking point.

And let's not forget that DASH is also a copy-paste job, with zero original innovation.  Apart from scamming noobs, Duffield doesn't contribute that much.

Dash's chances of getting on Coinbase aren't looking great, TBH.

That reminds me, Scamanda BJ is another person who may care what coblee thinks, given her try-hard efforts to brigade the Coinbase poll.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/comments/5lpete/coinbase_taking_votes_here_for_which_digital/

You realize coblee is Director of Engineering at Coinbase, right?  He's a computer scientist with an MIT+Google pedigree, and I bet he knows that CTRL-P doesn't Paste.   Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 09:46:53 AM

Charlie has recently been getting into anoncoins! He is so naughty! His assessment of a couple of them is presented here.

https://twitter.com/SatoshiLite/status/823679389401387009

Thanks for the link, I would have missed it, commented.

Unfortunately charlie lee is very misinformed about Dash....

He said "10 people mined a million coins in the first half hour".
Even the paid trolls know that's BS.

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 09:50:31 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2017, 10:15:43 AM by toknormal

Charlie Lee, not much care there. He is obviously such a power house of innovation............

He might have a point though. Maybe we should create a new coin..."the Charlie Lee way !":

• start from scratch and dismiss the formally expressed community will to conserve it as an "original"
 • ditch the articulated protocol so...
 • no native network monetary value
 • interest on holdings
 • ...or incentivised nodes
 • ditch the idea of making crypto "user friendly" through the worlds first active-consensus based DAPI
 • ignore 10,000 years of monetary history which says that transparent fungibility is a high value monetary property and worth doing properly
 • forget the idea that a monetary "bearer instrument" (commonly known as "cash") ceases to be that unless the blockchain can scale natively
 • dismiss the problem of giving all 4 stakeholders a voice that allows them to assert their views on the asset's governance, instead of only bitcoin's 3

Only 1 problem to solve then - how would we gain any traction after creating Charlie Lee's "perfect cup of tea"  Huh

Ah ! Get Evan's brother to list it on the world's biggest bitcoin exchange exclusive of any other altcoin - that should do it.

(Oops, Evan hasn't got such a brother - he might have to succeed on merit  Embarrassed But wait, @SatoshiLite has maybe we can use his Wink He's a "fair" guy after all).

wackyD

Activity: 170
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 09:55:21 AM

Anyone who criticises Dash at all is obviously a troll. Tell me, is Charlie Lee also a troll? Because he is also saying some horrible and nasty things about poor, harangued, hard-done-by Dash. Maybe you should put him on the ignore/troll list as well, just in case he decides to post a comment here?

CTRL-C
CTRL-P

And litecoin was born

Apparently @WWhithauer cares what @SatoshiLite thinks.

That's why he asked coblee "what are your thoughts on DASH?"

CTRL-P?  Why would coblee print out the source code?  That’s real retarded, sir.

Oh, you must be thinking of CTRL-V, which is paste, but are too much of a non-1337 lamer dumbass to complete your deflection mission without screwing up your basic, unoriginal Hurr-Durr-Litecoin-is-just-a-clone talking point.

And let's not forget that DASH is also a copy-paste job, with zero original innovation.  Apart from scamming noobs, Duffield doesn't contribute that much.

Dash's chances of getting on Coinbase aren't looking great, TBH.

That reminds me, Scamanda BJ is another person who may care what coblee thinks, given her try-hard efforts to brigade the Coinbase poll.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/comments/5lpete/coinbase_taking_votes_here_for_which_digital/

You realize coblee is Director of Engineering at Coinbase, right?  He's a computer scientist with an MIT+Google pedigree, and I bet he knows that CTRL-P doesn't Paste.   Cheesy

Thanks for the correction - CTRL-P doesn't paste, you are correct!!  Grin

He still isn't capable of original thought. He's a copy master. Director of Engineering - sure. I am CTO of wackyD enterprises - doesn't mean shit!

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 11:19:03 AM

Just to add, looks very much part of a soft marketing campaign by coinbase............'spontaneous' twitter exchange in the build up for coinbase adding XMR.

Well lets hope for the sake of my remaining XMR holdings it isn't already priced in Wink

UdjinM6
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2017, 11:24:16 AM

Re Charlie Lee:
Unfair instamined launch... rrrrright...
That's really funny to hear from a guy who launched a coin with ~10000 blocks (~500.000 LTC) mined in the first 24h
https://twitter.com/UdjinM6/status/824212258695905284

Re SDC (to Solarminer):
It's not some 2nd tier tech, it's basically a colored coin (OP_RETURN) + ring sig, all on the same 1st tier nodes/blockchain. And it's yet another (custom) utxo which grows forever and can't be pruned (all txo are forever "unspent" there).

DASH: XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6
MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 11:46:44 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2017, 12:04:08 PM by MasterMined710

Proposal: Conferences & Travel - ICE Totally Gaming Conference in London

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposal-conferences-travel-ice-totally-gaming.12855/

This proposal funds Dash's participation in the ICE Totally Gaming Conference in London, where we will present a combined payment and compliance solution for the gaming market with Coinfirm.

"Dash will participate in the conference jointly with Coinfirm to present a combined offer for the gaming and gambling sector."

Are you removing mixing from 12.1 too?   Pretty much no point in mixing coins if Coinfirm is logging every transaction as mixed or unmixed.  Once merchants/exchanges only accept the unmixed transactions, whoops just killed mixing.

From what I understand, mixed transactions will be evaluated on a case by case risk assessment bases. That was the whole point of the partnership, so having mixed transactions would not be an acceptance problem. With all the new laws being pushed Dash may end up being the only anon coin accepted in regards to mainstream adoption. This is a good thing.

Good luck finding another anon coin that won't run afoul of the law. What is your solution?
Ok, but only since you asked.  
- Shadowcash has a two tiered network.  One set of addresses is completely transparent.  The other set is mixed.  You can transfer between the two layers and keep the first set looking like unmixed transactions.
- Maidsafe will do instant and anonymous without history that can be tracked.
- Zcoin has indicated they may change to do mixing 100% of the time and still have a transparent blockchain.   A much better solution to fungibility.  This still might get the flag - but at least all Zcoins would be worth the same.
- Zcash will have thunder - Like lightning.
- Lightning will enable mixing and instant transactions.  Looks like Litecoin may even be first with Bitcoin after.  The mixing happens off blockchain so it shouldn't be detected by Coinfirm.

So you are saying those coins will not be affected by these new laws they are pushing? That is what we are talking about. You just listed a bunch of coins and implementations that could probably be banned altogether because they have no plans to deal with compliance. Like i said..."Dash may end up being the only anon coin accepted in regards to mainstream adoption."

Do you not care about mainstream adoption? What plan do any of those coins have to be in compliance and not regulated to only darkmarket use if these new laws come into place? I'm sure Coinfirm will still offer risk assessment lighting or no lightning, just like with dash. Evolution will have new anon solutions as well, don't know how it will work yet though.

This discussion is all speculation right now anyways but unlike all the other coins you listed Dash has proactively taken steps to avoid these kind of problems.

Edit: I believe it was Evan that explained how the new evo anon solution worked in one of this recent interviews with amanda. Maybe someone could post it or i will try and find it later.

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 11:58:48 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2017, 12:19:50 PM by toknormal

- Shadowcash has a two tiered network.  One set of addresses is completely tra
nsparent.  The other set is mixed.  You can transfer between the two layers and keep the first set looking like unmixed transactions.
- Maidsafe will do instant and anonymous without history that can be tracked.
- Zcoin has indicated they may change to do mixing 100% of the time and still have a transparent blockchain.   A much better solution to fungibility.  This still might get the flag - but at least all Zcoins would be worth the same.
- Zcash will have thunder - Like lightning.
- Lightning will enable mixing and instant transactions.  Looks like Litecoin may even be first with Bitcoin after.  The mixing happens off blockchain so it shouldn't be detected by Coinfirm.

This illustrates a couple of significant points.

a. That every coin is going to support some kind of privacy or other and for that reason it's going to fade into the background as a USP soon

b. Of the above, Dash is the ONLY (yes, only) case that doesn't do it by either diversifying the coin supply into transparent/opaque = resulting in destruction of fungibility, the very thing you're trying to optimise - or with recourse to an offchain solution

i.e. it inherits the bitcoin model and supports on-chain transparent fungibility. Thats the cash model going back 10,000 years and the reason Dash could support it is because its network has a pro-active protocol that takes a holistic approach to mixing, rather than doing it transaction by transaction. i.e. it's organic and its privacy improves over time because all of the coin supply is subject to mixing on an ongoing basis. Even if you don't use the "private" option in your particular wallet, someone before you did and someone after you will. History is constantly being scrubbed, day after day.

The other beauty of this approach is that it's not centralised in the protocol. Hypothetically de-anonymise one transaction ? So what. You need to do it all again just to find one more. On the other hand, protocol-based obfuscation is an all or nothing math-based tightrope. You solve one problem and you've cracked the whole chain.

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 12:48:14 PM

We offered the core team the option to bid(with no minimum) on the slack that we built over 1000 users with 15,000 messages a week.   What did they bid?   No response.  Not even a we want it, but we don't want to pay.  Genius move.

I think the consensus was that that slack had become so toxic and conflicted that it wasn't worth a cent.

So as you correctly say...genius move Wink
MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 12:58:41 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2017, 01:10:48 PM by MasterMined710

Charlie has recently been getting into anoncoins! He is so naughty! His assessment of a couple of them is presented here.

https://twitter.com/SatoshiLite/status/823679389401387009

Thanks for the link, I would have missed it, commented.

Unfortunately charlie lee is very misinformed about Dash....

He said "10 people mined a million coins in the first half hour".
Even the paid trolls know that's BS.

Charlie lee's response to me on twitter was to link to known monero troll dnaleor's post which does not even back up his claim.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg13017231#msg13017231

https://twitter.com/SatoshiLite/status/824236353332219905?cn=cmVwbHk%3D&refsrc=email

Here are the facts charlie, I suggest reading the deep technical analysis if you want to really understand how everything went down...

My View: Dash’s Instamine Is Not A Problem
http://fintekneeks.com/my-view-dashs-pre-mine-is-not-a-problem/

Instamine FAQ
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DOC/Legacy+FAQ#LegacyFAQ-WasDashInstamined?

Was The Instamine A Positive Thing For Dash?
https://dashdot.io/alpha/?page_id=118

Deep technical analysis of the early mining and distribution
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg15619552#msg15619552

Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 01:48:10 PM

Wow, lots of hot air and little substance from some posters...
I guess it's soon Feb 5th!

1. Try to get the price down before the news of Feb 5th
2. Buy coins cheap
3. Sell after 12.1
4. ? ? ? ?
5. Profit!

or something to that effect
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2017, 01:50:14 PM

Wait a minute. Rewind ... !!!!

Mixed coins are distinguishable from unmixed!? What? Can anyone share some more information about this?

I find this whole debate very disheartening to be honest. Its all about how can we comply with whatever fucking insane laws the psychopaths in charge dream up, rather than how can we do what we want privately if we choose.
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 01:50:29 PM

PSA: just taking down 50 masternodes for a P2P sale, Holger will have them back up shortly for their new owner

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2017, 02:00:23 PM

It doesn't matter if you like Dash, Bitcoin or even Monero. The Dutch trying to crack down on privacy is a big thing. People attempting to keep their own private business private is nothing to do with the police of any country. Totalitarian superstate trying to edge ever closer to full control. This is something that should unite people from various breeds of crypto. Icebreaker are you with us?

I agree, but do we really have to take ol' Icy with us?  Can't we leave him at home?  Please?  We can sneak out when he's on the toilet, no?

Yes I think better to leave the icetroll out on second thoughts. His response to my same post doesn't dignify an answer.
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 02:02:50 PM

PSA: just taking down 50 masternodes for a P2P sale, Holger will have them back up shortly for their new owner

Owner as in singular?
https://dash-news.de/dashtv/#value=50000

that's a handsome investment right there!
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 02:06:24 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2017, 02:29:25 PM by Otoh

Owner as in singular?

They're a consortium, but I just deal with one guy, he sent first for all 50 MNs, nice trust we have

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
megges

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 02:55:48 PM

Owner as in singular?

They're a consortium, but I just deal with one guy, he sent first for all 50 MNs, nice trust we have

Please PSA us, when you start to buy back 50000 DASH for your portofolio which i guess is now 50000 DASH short XD

thanks in advance

tip me! Tongue XtSrWch1U3BsTBFBHj7acTTzxFo1fy5BMa
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 04:11:54 PM

Wait a minute. Rewind ... !!!!

Mixed coins are distinguishable from unmixed!? What? Can anyone share some more information about this?

I find this whole debate very disheartening to be honest. Its all about how can we comply with whatever fucking insane laws the psychopaths in charge dream up, rather than how can we do what we want privately if we choose.

Well, I think you'll be able to guess they are if they come from inputs of denominated amounts, like 10.001, 1.001 etc...  Despite a bunch of clueless gov people trying to stir up a stink, I don't think they'll get anywhere, LOL.  That plus a clueless reporter reporting.  In the end, it'll all be hot air when deeper minds make decisions.  I just laugh at these reports now.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Pages: « 1 ... 6073 6074 6075 6076 6077 6078 6079 6080 6081 6082 6083 6084 6085 6086 6087 6088 6089 6090 6091 6092 6093 6094 6095 6096 6097 6098 6099 6100 6101 6102 6103 6104 6105 6106 6107 6108 6109 6110 6111 6112 6113 6114 6115 6116 6117 6118 6119 6120 6121 6122 [6123] 6124 6125 6126 6127 6128 6129 6130 6131 6132 6133 6134 6135 6136 6137 6138 6139 6140 6141 6142 6143 6144 6145 6146 6147 6148 6149 6150 6151 6152 6153 6154 6155 6156 6157 6158 6159 6160 6161 6162 6163 6164 6165 6166 6167 6168 6169 6170 6171 6172 6173 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: