Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:23:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6047 6048 6049 6050 6051 6052 6053 6054 6055 6056 6057 6058 6059 6060 6061 6062 6063 6064 6065 6066 6067 6068 6069 6070 6071 6072 6073 6074 6075 6076 6077 6078 6079 6080 6081 6082 6083 6084 6085 6086 6087 6088 6089 6090 6091 6092 6093 6094 6095 6096 [6097] 6098 6099 6100 6101 6102 6103 6104 6105 6106 6107 6108 6109 6110 6111 6112 6113 6114 6115 6116 6117 6118 6119 6120 6121 6122 6123 6124 6125 6126 6127 6128 6129 6130 6131 6132 6133 6134 6135 6136 6137 6138 6139 6140 6141 6142 6143 6144 6145 6146 6147 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722497 times)
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 10:23:08 PM

Hello,
I believe this is my first post this thread. I've been buying Dash for about a year and a half now. I'm very concerned about a variety of things mainly because of the way things are playing out. Correct me if I'm wrong, but far the market is basically saying that there's really no competition between Monero and Dash and Monero is simply just taking over the so called privacy area of crypto that was supposed to be Dash's niche.
1) So can anyone please tell me how exactly is Dash better?
And I hope the answer will not be because of the voting rights from the Masternode because that would but the decentralization argument into question. I look at charts and numbers but I rarely read the go over the chatter, but if i can recall correctly Monero was mocked and ridiculed by the Dash team 2 years ago. But again I mainly look at charts and numbers.
2) I've been catching up with some of the interviews from the Dash team and it seems like they're kinda going after bitcoin. I believe that could be a grave mistake. This whole industry was created through bitcoin wasn't it. So if that's the case is, then why are we criticizing bitcoin in such an aggressive manner and even if we were right is it really worth it? I mean the results so far speak for it self.
3) Lastly, the argument by Icebreaker in my opinion was very constructive and yet it seems like the only response on this thread were personal attacks about his personal failures which have absolutely nothing to do with the content of his criticism. Can anyone refute his criticism? I'm a Dash supporter and I hold almost 2K coins because I really thought they were undervalued by at least $500, but after reading Icebreakers criticism and looking at Monero go take over the market I'm just about ready to leave the bandwagon. I'm not trying to be a jerk but these are just my concerns.

If you are listening to Icebreaker and you are actually thinking he makes any sense then perhaps it is indeed time for you to leave the scam train.
I wish you good luck.

By the way : according to Icebreaker Dash could collapse any second now, so you better get out fast !!

Great reply.  That's the way to deal with legit questions from dash investors that dare to investigate a little more when they have 20k USD tied up in this scheme.

Qwizzie and Tao the dual dash destroyers.

You heard it folks. Could be time to leave the bandwagon. Stop asking questions or out you go. Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 10:53:56 PM

For easy reading purpose :

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/12-1-announcement-finalized-date-project-update.12614/#post-110534

Happy New Year!

It’s been awhile since I’ve done a full announcement about the status of development, both of the core project and Evolution. We have had a lot of positive news in recent months that we’ve been working on, and I thought now would be a good time to update everybody on our progress, which has been quite good. In fact, we are progressing on many fronts simultaneously.

VERSION TWELVE POINT ONE / SENTINEL RELEASE

Launching a new software release on the network requires that all budget proposals be re-submitted into the system. Due to the timing of superblocks, we have a short window to launch, near the beginning of the month. In order to ensure we launch the most stable possible version of the software without interfering with the budget system, we would like to hold off until early February to launch 12.1. Launch date: February 5th, 2017.

CORE DEVELOPMENT

The first area of progress is Dash Core. In addition to running the network at present, Dash Core also serves as the backbone of the Evolution engine. We have done a great deal of work on Sentinel, our large-scale decentralized programmable database solution, which is going to allow us to move radically faster than any other organization in cryptocurrency. Among other things, Sentinel will allow us to push updates to Dash Core much more quickly and easily.

Sentinel can also be re-geared and deployed to operate digital companies that have a built-in workforce, infrastructure to deploy again, and as an engine for storage and retrieval of information. This is the concept we’re working on, which will allow companies to run on the Dash Network and compete with centralized companies that refuse to work with Dash. It’s a simple divide and conquest model.

We have recently moved a good deal of our funding into paying some new hires, who have now integrated into our team and have pushed through many new versions of the software. Among other things, they have fixed various issues with the stability of the daemon, the syncing of governance objects, and the workability of the new Sentinel system. Sentinel uses a complex set of rules and conditions for validation of objects and maintaining the consensus of the network.

STRATEGIC EXECUTION

Ryan Taylor, Dash’s CFO, has coordinated a deal with Arizona State University’s SkySong incubator, allowing us access to their top tier facility in Tempe, Arizona. There are 29 fast-growing, innovative startups sharing this location, and we look forward to talking with many of them. We also look forward to hiring exceptional talent from the University.

NETWORK UPGRADE

Feb. 5 is the date of the launch of our new platform. Enforcement will be turned off for this network upgrade, meaning nodes running the old version of the Dash software (12.0) will quickly stop being paid (contingent on miners upgrading). That means masternode rewards will be shared amongst a much smaller pool of upgraded nodes. This should provide a strong incentive to upgrade quickly; it will be very lucrative to upgrade your nodes as quickly as possible.

EVOLUTION UPDATE

Lead evolution developer Andy Freer has been locked away producing huge amounts of documentation for the various concepts of Evolution. This comes after months of conversations between Andy and myself about how each component of Evolution works, then reimagining it and improving the components and designs systematically. Since the original research phase, documentation, specifications, plans and diagrams have been being drafted, growing into a collection of documents that will be put into a wiki with full documentation for Evolution’s end-to-end design and implementation.

EVOLUTION RESEARCH

In January 2016 we released an early Evolution prototype based on Electrum which enabled basic functions such as registering a username and paying friends by name.

The prototype was pretty basic, with user interaction limited to just paying a few friends and user data stored on a dev server, but at least it proved the concept.

What we set out to do then was to design and prototype all the key technologies that would make these functions work in a purely P2P way, with data secured on the Dash blockchain and accessible from anywhere on any device, with integrated SPV based security and no centralized intermediary services required, and using the most common and censorship resistant protocol available - HTTP(S)

What we have designed and prototyped in various parts is a system that will let people signup to Dash, connect with friends, connect with merchants and buy products and services online with options to refund or pay recurring subscriptions, using just a web browser, without going through any intermediary service or having to integrate their own full node. It’s also a system that lets websites and apps become Dash enabled as easily as signing up for an API key and then cut and pasting a few lines of code into their business application that pops up a payment form and bills the user automatically, with all customers and payments visible to the merchant in DashDrive.

What this enables is the first usable digital cash built for the digital economy, because rather than having to integrate an esoteric P2P system into existing digital applications and services using complex infrastructure and interoperation or a centralized intermediary, Dash Evolution can be accessed by an HTTPS API that works more like a decentralized cloud, using familiar data structures such as Users, Accounts and Orders instead of transactions, blocks and crypto addresses, secures user information like a cloud service, but behind the API functions as a purely P2p, decentralized service. We believe this will be the key to gaining mainstream traction for users and businesses on P2P cryptocurrencies, i.e. they won’t even know it’s a P2P cryptocurrency they are using, because it’s as quick, familiar and easy to use / integrate as any existing payment systems used in the mainstream digital economy, all of which are API service based.

EVOLUTION FRONTEND

The 3 main areas of frontend design and development have been to design a secure, SPV based Web Wallet, merchant tools to enable drag-and-drop checkout on a website, and an SDK that connects web clients to DAPI.

The Web Wallet has taken the form of an SPA (single page application) that web users can download as a single HTML page and hashcheck to use securely from their desktop, that enables users to login and manage their accounts, contacts and merchant relationships, including an integrated marketplace for products and services. Users hold their account password and account HD seed on the client side, and on the network side, all of their account meta data is encrypted and stored on the network. After designing the UI / UX in July, ongoing work has been to develop the web wallet platform and soon work is starting to port the work to Android and iOS Evolution wallets. A revamped Dash.org is also being designed (following from the upcoming launch of dash.org v2) to provide a signup to Evolution call-to-action on the homepage and a download or hosted link to the Web Wallet code (and mobile versions).

The merchant tools have taken the form of code that can be cut and pasted into their web page and server to instantly enable Dash payments by user’s name against products the merchant is listing, including a Dash Checkout modal that can handle the payment automatically on the client side. The merchant can also list the products directly in DashDrive to enable Users to make one-time payments, moderated refunds or recurring auto-payments within any DAPI enabled client (such as the Web Wallet) and access full CRM information for their sales / product listings in DashDrive via DAPI.

The SDK (Dash.js) is a single library that web clients and servers include to easily access all wallet and merchant functions using their user accounts or API keys for merchants. This has been based initially on BitPay’s BitCore API and ongoing work has included a variable SPV implementation for the library which enables clients to specify the level of security they wish to balance this between performance and amount of data that needs to be downloaded.

EVOLUTION BACKEND

Evolution Backend Development has leveraged two strategies this year. The first has been to port BitPay’s Bitcore Platform to Dash including merging Bitcore Node to DashCore 12.1 for native API support.

The second ongoing strategy is to leverage this platform to fulfill long-term Evolution requirements while filling more immediate needs. Through this approach we’re now positioned to leverage the entire BitPay ecosystem, most notably Copay (https://copay.io) and the new Insight API. We anticipate having a Dash variant of the Copay wallet available on testnet by the end of January 2017.

In support of the v0.12.1.x Dash Core release, we’ve integrated the Governance Object model into the Bitcore platform (e.g. Budget Proposals). This integration has led to the development of a client-side budget generator as well as an extension of Insight API which returns active budget proposal objects. Moving forward this type of close integration between Bitcore and the Governance Object system will be a huge asset and a foundational piece for continued innovation in v0.12.2.x and beyond.

Work has also included with ProtonMail and Sean Ryan (Node40.com) has also delivered a Payment Processing API which is capable of connecting directly to the Bitcore Wallet Service. A compatible WooCommerce plugin has been developed and is intended to act as both a Proof of Concept for this API as well as a Prototype for future eCommerce integrations. More information on this plugin and related API will be released in early January 2017.

EVOLUTION CORE

Evolution Core work has been focused on first providing a basis to the new system in the form of Sentinel and improving DashCore to be implementation-agnostic to governance functions and objects.

Additional work has been the design / prototype of several key technologies needed at the core level, ranging from the RPC/ZMQ interface to DAPI, a generic Object system governed by a shared Schema protocol that enables Users to secure Object state transitions on the Dash Blockchain and store Object Data sharded across Masternodes (DashDrive). This work has also included upgrading the existing Masternode design to retain proposals, votes, and rewards in DashDrive to provide blockchain consensus. After 12.1 release, work will focus on implementing these designs in conjunction with the frontend and backend work.

Thanks to everyone involved!

Evan Eduffield

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 11:42:51 PM

Hello,
I believe this is my first post this thread. I've been buying Dash for about a year and a half now. I'm very concerned about a variety of things mainly because of the way things are playing out. Correct me if I'm wrong, but far the market is basically saying that there's really no competition between Monero and Dash and Monero is simply just taking over the so called privacy area of crypto that was supposed to be Dash's niche.
And I hope the answer will not be because of the voting rights from the Masternode because that would but the decentralization argument into question. I look at charts and numbers but I rarely read the go over the chatter, but if i can recall correctly Monero was mocked and ridiculed by the Dash team 2 years ago. But again I mainly look at charts and numbers.
2) I've been catching up with some of the interviews from the Dash team and it seems like they're kinda going after bitcoin. I believe that could be a grave mistake. This whole industry was created through bitcoin wasn't it. So if that's the case is, then why are we criticizing bitcoin in such an aggressive manner and even if we were right is it really worth it? I mean the results so far speak for it self.
3) Lastly, the argument by Icebreaker in my opinion was very constructive and yet it seems like the only response on this thread were personal attacks about his personal failures which have absolutely nothing to do with the content of his criticism. Can anyone refute his criticism? I'm a Dash supporter and I hold almost 2K coins because I really thought they were undervalued by at least $500, but after reading Icebreakers criticism and looking at Monero go take over the market I'm just about ready to leave the bandwagon. I'm not trying to be a jerk but these are just my concerns.

If you are listening to Icebreaker and you are actually thinking he makes any sense then perhaps it is indeed time for you to leave the scam train.
I wish you good luck.

By the way : according to Icebreaker Dash could collapse any second now, so you better get out fast !!

Great reply.  That's the way to deal with legit questions from dash investors that dare to investigate a little more when they have 20k USD tied up in this scheme.

You heard it folks. Could be time to leave the bandwagon. Stop asking questions or out you go. Smiley

Dont you ever get tired of these childish little games of trying to set both Tao and myself up against our own community ?
Dont you ever get tired of using poppet accounts like Mike323 for that ?

And I hope the answer will not be because of the voting rights from the Masternode because that would but the decentralization argument into question.
I look at charts and numbers but I rarely read the go over the chatter, but if i can recall correctly Monero was mocked and ridiculed by the Dash team 2 years ago.

That Mike sure has problems remembering things correctly and also he appearently does not post very much since 2014 ..

So Monero was mocked and ridiculed by the Dash Team 2 years ago ?  Huh
And we better not discuss our masternodes because that would put the decentralization argument in question ?  Undecided

Mike323 starting to sound more and more like a Monero poppet account if you ask me.
If you want to spread fear and uncertainty in a community, please try to do it in a somewhat more smart way....

oh, and tell iCEBREAKER we like his new account on Dash.org .. he even looks cute as an unicorn.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 11:52:08 PM
Last edit: January 03, 2017, 12:07:37 AM by cryptohunter

Hello,

I wish you good luck.

Great reply.  That's the way to deal with legit questions from dash investors that dare to investigate a little more when they have 20k USD tied up in this scheme.

Dont you ever get tired of these childish little games of trying to set both Tao an myself up against our own community ?
Dont you ever get tired of using poppet accounts like Mike323 for that ?

And I hope the answer will not be because of the voting rights from the Masternode because that would but the decentralization argument into question.
I look at charts and numbers but I rarely read the go over the chatter, but if i can recall correctly Monero was mocked and ridiculed by the Dash team 2 years ago.

That Mike sure has problems remembering things correctly and also he appearently does not post very much since 2014 ..

So Monero was mocked and ridiculed by the Dash Team 2 years ago ?  Huh
And we better not discuss our masternodes because that would put the decentralization argument in question ?  Undecided

Mike starting to sound more and more like a Monero poppet account if you ask me.

Tired of it? I just started yesterday?

Do you not get tired of spamming the main board over and over ? you've been at it for years?

Set you up against your own community? I am pointing out that you 2 are causing more harm than good which again is quite plain to see. If your community can not see that already then my pointing it out will probably not help them.

Mike please be a real dash owner of 2000 coins and not a puppet. After this treatment by the dash prime spammer please dump your 2000 coins and get to a community that will appreciate your investment.

Post here after the dump with proof so I can congratulate you. I would enjoy this if you are for real.

I mean how can you even dare make such assumptions. He could be a real dash investor and you're basically trashing him because he asked some legitimate questions in a respectful manner. You are a hazard to dash. Learn some diplomacy when you are a known representative of a community and currency. If you were an actual employee here you should be fired on the spot for this alone.

However the community should be gracious and just confine you to this thread for announcements only. Strictly no replying to investors or other interested individuals. Your intentions are not bad you are just not cut out to be a representative figure such as you have somehow been allowed to become.

In the interest of dash take a break somewhere in dash nation with your pal taoway. You guys deserve it.

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 12:06:19 AM

Well, there goes the surprise of who will receive the Oscar in 2017 for ANN thread with most views and replies.
cryptohunter is helping us obtain it for free with his thread bumps and his idle hope to influence our community.

Bring it on  Grin

BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 12:34:45 AM

Well, there goes the surprise of who will receive the Oscar in 2017 for ANN thread with most views and replies.
cryptohunter is helping us obtain it for free with his thread bumps and his idle hope to influence our community.

Bring it on  Grin

It's always refreshing to have new pet trolls.
They really can't grasp the resilience of this community  Cool

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2017, 01:23:14 AM

Hello,

Hi Mike323,

You have a good understanding of the situation, here's a few more details to enrich your nuances.   Smiley

1. Monero picked up the anon baton after Darkcoin intentionally threw it away.  Darkcoin voluntarily abandoned its brand and association with/quest for privacy/fungibility.  That pivot came after Duffield realized he could not simply copy Cryptonote's ring signatures and add them to Dash's feature as yet another gimmick/buzzword.

2. The Dash community is non-technical and skeezy (sketchy+sleezy) while the Monero community is highly technical and brutally honest/forthright.  That bright contrast shows itself especially in situations like the (short-lived temporary) one where DashHoles like tok and tante foolishly spewed nonsense about how Dash's privacy is better than Monero's, while having little or no comprehension of the actual maths operating under the hoods of the two coins.  The Monero Mustangs don't even bother with low tech marketing theater such as Dash's soda machine and (vaporous) Lamassu ATM.  We should note that *IF* Monero people wanted to make silly stuff like soda machines and ATMs, these feats would be accomplished with much less hassle/drama/expense than experienced by the Evan's Gate cargo cult.  Average DashHole IQ is around 110; average Mustang is about 125 (an entire standard deviation higher), which results in dialogs resembling space aliens attempting to communicate with barnyard animals.  Mustangs tend to work high tech jobs in cutting edge fields; DashHoles OTOH are most often found in the service industry performing reprehensibly sociopathic roles such as helping the gambling industry parasitize vulnerable elderly peoples' life savings.

3. Peter Todd's savage "cargo cult" tweet characterizing DashHoles as primitive islanders incapable of understanding, much less inventing/maintaining, advanced technology is spot-on.  The best example of this is Dash's hamfisted shoehorning of gmax's Coinjoin schema into the Masternode network of trusted 3rd parties (which utterly defeats the point of permissionless/trustless/uncensorable e-cash).

4. DashHoles are desperate.  Their get-rick-quick scheme is running months behind schedule and even the dimmest among them have started to sense the Instamine Express is going off the rails as Evolution remains undefined vaporware without even a whitepaper, big budget projects end in disaster, and the ensuing acrimony sets the cult compound at each other's throats.  That's why we see them attacking/rubbishing/FUDing Bitcoin (which in any case is rude behavior on a site called BITCOIN-talk).  Never mind the fact that Dash is a fork of Bitcoin, DashHoles feverishly believe that's different Because Reasons.  Their desperation and fear also manifests in being overly defensive, such as when technical discussion/criticism is derailed with forum sliding, ad hom accusations of trolling/scamming/shilling, and endless entreaties for observers to simply Ignore posters who fail to accept and amplify the prevailing cheerleader echo chamber groupthink. 

The irritable DashHoles' condescending non sequitur responses to criticism is the result of them feeling ashamed of and disappointed in, rather than proud and enthusiastic about, their project.  Isn't it funny how reasonable people like you and Stealth923 feel it necessary to coddle their easily offended and delicate sensibilities by beginning and ending your posts with disclaimers stating you are not a "troll" nor "trying to be a jerk?"   Cheesy

5. I didn't merely make criticisms of Dash, I also made *ACCURATE* predictions regarding its market cap leaking into Monero's at ever-increasing rates.  The accuracy of those predictions validates my information and analytical approach, demonstrating my socioeconomic modeling represents truth sufficient to beat (IE front-run) the market.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
EBK1000
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

A Wound in Eternity

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 01:35:41 AM

I was a DASH fan / follower and based my coin MOJOcoin on DASH. After a while I realised that that the MasterNode (MN) setup was flawed.

My coin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1366963.0

I am uniquely qualified to speak on the merits of DASH as I have intimate knowledge of the code. There is a real possibility that that the FBI is running 1000 DASH masternodes and that DASH is as unsafe as a Visa debit card. I have studied the code and can say that the masternode system was invented to retain DASH for dump. If you are an early follower you will be fine....If you are a current (potential investor) your are f****d...

EDIT: I guess I feel betrayed

Soooooooon...............
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2017, 02:03:18 AM

You can read about the latest developments and what is on the pipeline here, just published today

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/12-1-announcement-finalized-date-project-update.12614/#post-110541

No update on your Scamassu ATM project mega fiasco?

WTF?  Seriously?

You spent $100,000 and 12 months working on a fork of fully functional production software, yet still have nothing to show for it?

WTF?  Seriously?  Does the word "accountability" mean nothing to you and your insider trading poker buddies at THE DARKCOIN FOUNDATION INC.?

Do you have any idea how much dumping all those Dash on the market has suppressed the price?  Dash bagholders are paying via Evan's hidden inflation tax the cost of these expensive/useless snark hunt projects yet receive no benefit.

As a result, your own community is ready to find ways to make you pay back the money doled out for these go-nowhere vapor projects.

EG

Quote from: Dash.org

Are you taking scamming lessons from jl777?   Grin Grin Grin

I ask because Duffield never finishes anything important (ATM/PR/Mycelium/Proton Mail) yet still finds time to write up long posts full of happy talk about EvoluSham, Dash's next Shiny New Object.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Mike323

Activity: 22
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 02:07:07 AM

Thanks so much TanteStefana for really addressing and answering some of the concerns I have. I'll hold for now and after this reply I'll try and refrain from anymore engagement on this (bitter) thread. I'm not a DASH troll and people can mock me all they want but the numbers against our competition speak for itself.
Also, @Cryptohunter, yes I have just under 2,000 coins and I've been interested in dash (DRK) ever since it it was around $1 after the first bubble because I l thought it had real (intrinsic) value . I will not be dumping any coins anytime soon regardless of how much I disagree with their tactics mainly because I think it's undervalued. I don't know who Toaway is and although I hold coins I certainly don't consider myself part of Dash Nation. I hope all goes well with you though and thanks for your response.
If I overlooked any other (real) response then thanks to you too. I don't want to start a war of words, I just think Icebreakers criticism was constructive and I'm happy to have gotten a response from TanteStefana. I'll keep what I have and work hard to invest in others.
bigrcanada1

Activity: 673
Merit: 531

Proud Lifetime DASH Foundation Member

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2017, 02:31:52 AM

Thanks so much TanteStefana for really addressing and answering some of the concerns I have. I'll hold for now and after this reply I'll try and refrain from anymore engagement on this (bitter) thread. I'm not a DASH troll and people can mock me all they want but the numbers against our competition speak for itself.
Also, @Cryptohunter, yes I have just under 2,000 coins and I've been interested in dash (DRK) ever since it it was around $1 after the first bubble because I l thought it had real (intrinsic) value . I will not be dumping any coins anytime soon regardless of how much I disagree with their tactics mainly because I think it's undervalued. I don't know who Toaway is and although I hold coins I certainly don't consider myself part of Dash Nation. I hope all goes well with you though and thanks for your response.
If I overlooked any other (real) response then thanks to you too. I don't want to start a war of words, I just think Icebreakers criticism was constructive and I'm happy to have gotten a response from TanteStefana. I'll keep what I have and work hard to invest in others.

Hi Mike...I'm always in the belief that one should always ask questions...and voice concerns.  There is certainly some bad blood on this forum, but most of us have moved on from here as well those few of us that do lurk have many of the know trolls on ignore.  I for one have had my own questions that I believe were and are important.  When I do, I ask them in the Dash forum at dash.org or the slack channel.  There aren't many on here anymore...were as the slack channel has a sizable group of engaging individuals.  This particular forum no longer holds the value it once had when we first started and most have moved on.  Great to see some good questions posed though.

Happy New Year,

Richard
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 03:01:06 AM

Bring it on  Grin

It's always refreshing to have new pet trolls.
They really can't grasp the resilience of this community  Cool

I guess this is phase 2 of their troll campaign, i'm a bit disappointed to be honest but maybe it will turn into something clever
and more interesting then EBK1000 feeling... betrayed.

dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 03:04:13 AM

https://news.bitcoin.com/big-names-gather-when-north-american-bitcoin-conference-comes-back-to-miami/

Date : January 17 & 18, 2017

To the Dash newcomers : here is a community video from the previous North America Bitcoin Conference (from early 2016) --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAOe7m320Uc
a pretty slick community-created video, i really wish we had a community video for the upcoming NABC event as well.

Hey, here is the new version of "Dash Plane"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peG298knzWY

Let me remind:
I produced videos in this playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiFMZOlhgsYJ6xdaFdOUdxZDC7WsxxM2K
To let other Dash community members to use them (insert) in their own video-production about Dash.
(Feel free to use it to create your videos about Dash)

can't see anyone DASH related on the agenda though... http://btcmiami.com/agenda/
Opening speech slot was probably not for sale. Even Pumper Moe has the decency to only allow FOSS projects in that time slot it seems.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2017, 03:04:32 AM

DashHoles cling to their "troll" accusations and won't agree that any criticism I make is "constructive", thereby telling you they aren't willing to interact in good faith.  The embarrassing shame and disappointment they feel about Dash's shortcomings and failures precludes any healthy constructive response to internal criticism, much less negative observations originating from sources external (and presumably hostile) to their cargo cult.

You are being too kind in your indulgence of Tante's misinformation.

It's OK to point out the gaping factual deficits in her breezy pedestrian (IE non-rigorous) treatment of the issues.

For example, easily disproved whoppers such as these indicate Tante doesn't know WTF she's talking about (assuming the lies are not intentional):

Dash's privacy is not at the expense of a hidden blockchain.  The blockchain is completely readable and verifiable, whereas Monero's is opaque. This makes Monero only able to do one thing, hide transactions from view.  Dash's privacy is still arguably just as good, creating doubt as to where funds came from.

Dash is based on Bitcoin and has been kept up to date with Bitcoin's releases, Dash is able to utilize all the code created for bitcoin, and integrate quickly into new services provided for Bitcoin.

The first statement is egregiously counterfactual because she has been repeatedly informed of the existence of Monero's View Key.  Her dishonest use of the weasel words "arguably just as good" w/r/t Dash vs Monero privacy is also intensely misleading.

The second statement is obviously untrue and easily demonstrated to be false.  IE, Dash has *NOT* kept up with Bitcoin advances such as RBF, CPFP, SEGWIT, Schnorr/tree multisignature, sidechains, Confidential Transactions, sidechains, Lightning Network, Rootstock, etc.

Dash's codebase is a fork of Bitcoin from many years ago, and its developer (some guy named Evan) is incapable of porting and merging into Dash so many accumulated pull requests.  Their excuse is "we decided RBF or whatever is bad for Dash" yet Dash still depends on the BTC devs whose judgement they explicitly repudiate and lambast at every opportunity.

Once Tante is done making untrue assertions about the present, she goes on to paint you a lovely picture of unicorns flying across blue skies.

Notice how many times she uses the future tense, with occasional derpy slips into present tense:

we are about to release the first wallet that contains the foundation for Evolution
Evolution will not be fully realized for another year
Evolution will be able to
these services will be done
Evolution will NOT be
You will be able to
I will do this
I will use Evolution
Dash will feel to the user
the user will be able to access
their account will look exactly
they will access their account
They will be locked
all will be managable
There will be nothing that Dash can not do
Even loans will be possible

We've already seen this movie a dozen times.  Grandiose visions about revolutionary future events, based on nothing but Hope & Dreams (and GREED).

Promise the Moon, deliver the vacuum of space.  Paycoin.  NeuCoin.  Nautilus.  Dash.  Each scam more obvious and retrograde than the previous.   Roll Eyes

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 03:08:06 AM

Nope, still nothing clever or interesting.
very very disappointed  Sad

guys, can you just skip phase 2 and go straight to phase 3 of your troll campaign ?
thank you.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2017, 03:26:52 AM

Nope, still nothing clever or interesting.
very very disappointed  Sad

guys, can you just skip phase 2 and go straight to phase 3 of your troll campaign ?
thank you.

Yes, ^that^ is exactly the kind of flame-baiting, off-topic, non sequitur ad hominem response I predicted/explained here

The irritable DashHoles' condescending non sequitur responses to criticism are the result of them feeling ashamed of and disappointed in, rather than proud and enthusiastic about, their project.

and here

The embarrassing shame and disappointment they feel about Dash's shortcomings and failures precludes any healthy constructive response to internal criticism, much less negative observations originating from sources external (and presumably hostile) to their cargo cult.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 03:32:30 AM

Please support – Unsung/Dash-CharityWork

Sample:
http://thecryptoshow.com/unsungdash-charitywork/
Donate:
http://www.unsung.org/donate

Personal Note:
i think it would be great if we could throw some “love” towards these guys, i am in touch with Jason (Unsung) direct + Danny (Crypto Show) and they are doing some great work out there
Remember – X mas – cold – homeless = Donate some Dash please  Grin
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 05:10:41 AM

Hello,
3) Lastly, the argument by Icebreaker in my opinion was very constructive and yet it seems like...
I'll try to give you few simple answers:
1. If you mess with your transaction or wallet or... with DASH you will find help even here ( real help )
    If you mess with your transaction or wallet or... with Monero help is obviously limited. ( who will look @ blockchain ? ) And there are some suspicious implications.
- if you want to buy drugs and ... etc - Monero is much better, not because of its privacy but those markets are there.
- if you want to take credit carf , fill it with crypto and spend fiat or crypto- Dash is better. SAme type blockchain as Bitcoin made possible using cash machines together with bitcoin.
- If you want to park yours 2000 coins in Masternodes- feel free to ask help, you will be happy with multiple reasons ( dont want to be long )
- With monero you can just trade ( if you have 2000 ) and... good luck there. Parking 2000 xmr - hm, has anybody thought about it?
2. It is not "attacking " bitcoin, it is "improving " it. Bitcoin is showing some signs that it is not perfect and there are spaces for improvement. XMR is better than BTC privacy wise and Dash is better in many ways, even privacy. Again it will be long to explain, Tante did some. Well, bitcoiners saw DASH as dangerous ( for them ) and not Monero, ethereum, Zcash... Well since these rised (marketcaps) - bitcoiners pressure on DASH relaxed so Evan and team can work in peace.

3. Icebreaker is persistently here for months (years) talking same and same again waiting obviously to get few DASHers crazy. God help him with his madness as I believe it is really not easy to be in his shoes. And if you have time try to read his posts. (watch your mental health ). And for me and so many here is obvious that his talk is just big effort but still nonsense especially now. We ALL have him on IGNORE ( only Tao and Quizzie not )
Also he had help from XMR core team who thought DASH is their competition. They eventually ( many of them ) separated from his doing. This tread is full of them, they desperately need noobies there not here. So they campaining, promoting, politely questioning about everything and creating bad atmosphere  here. Icebreaker is doing same but bad way.
  You can even get here a list of trolls ( so many here are ) and yet noone ( especially them ) is robbed or anyway cheated here. Some even made nice money on DASH. You can make more money somewhere else and that is not good reason to spit here ( regarding trolls ). I'm here just watching and supporting some good parts of crypto and take this as my opinion as I have only 203 DASH ( 200 managed in MN by Splawik for now long time)- so having no financial interest  

Revelations86

Activity: 428
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 05:21:57 AM

Mike323,  I've also been a Dash coin holder for some time now and as TanteStefana pointed out, there are a lot of plans in the works for Dash.  A lot of the hatred and bashing comes from the fact that Dash decided to take a new direction shifting its sole focus from privacy and providing multiple other features.   Many disagreed  and were not happy with this change, However I think this is indeed a great leap forward. Hence, the name Evolution.  Monero is only known for one prime feature which is privacy which is great and appeals to a certain target audience.   Dash, however, is looking to target a much broader range of an audience, targeting the mainstream, with the implementation of additional features.  This is the reason why in the long run, I put my money on Dash over Monero.   If Dash can function as a currency in a true decentralized fashion (which it currently does via community voting), earn me interest, and make it easier for me to pay bills and even order Pizza with the tap of a button, AND have a privacy just when I need it, this makes it more valuable to me than Monero.

As I've also stated previously, there is also no reason why both can't co-exist.  If people like Monero and see the value in it, they can also buy Monero as well.  As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure that there are many cryptoholders that own both.  

I just find it extremely disturbing why all these Monero trolls have to make it a point to come on the DASH forum to try to convince people to sell their Dash.   If Monero is super awesome, it will do well on its own without trying to ram it continuously down everyone's throat.

BitWater

Activity: 402
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 05:30:41 AM

Any links to the official public Slack Channel for Dash? Trying to register but the invite page keeps kicking me out.

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       WhitePaper       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Vena Network       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Announce       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
―――――       Luoshu Agreement - an Open Agreement For Asset Financing and Tokenization       ―――――
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾      Telegram    ‾‾    Github    ‾‾         Join Our Bounty         ‾‾    Twitter    ‾‾    FaceBook      ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Pages: « 1 ... 6047 6048 6049 6050 6051 6052 6053 6054 6055 6056 6057 6058 6059 6060 6061 6062 6063 6064 6065 6066 6067 6068 6069 6070 6071 6072 6073 6074 6075 6076 6077 6078 6079 6080 6081 6082 6083 6084 6085 6086 6087 6088 6089 6090 6091 6092 6093 6094 6095 6096 [6097] 6098 6099 6100 6101 6102 6103 6104 6105 6106 6107 6108 6109 6110 6111 6112 6113 6114 6115 6116 6117 6118 6119 6120 6121 6122 6123 6124 6125 6126 6127 6128 6129 6130 6131 6132 6133 6134 6135 6136 6137 6138 6139 6140 6141 6142 6143 6144 6145 6146 6147 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: