Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:23:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6046 6047 6048 6049 6050 6051 6052 6053 6054 6055 6056 6057 6058 6059 6060 6061 6062 6063 6064 6065 6066 6067 6068 6069 6070 6071 6072 6073 6074 6075 6076 6077 6078 6079 6080 6081 6082 6083 6084 6085 6086 6087 6088 6089 6090 6091 6092 6093 6094 6095 [6096] 6097 6098 6099 6100 6101 6102 6103 6104 6105 6106 6107 6108 6109 6110 6111 6112 6113 6114 6115 6116 6117 6118 6119 6120 6121 6122 6123 6124 6125 6126 6127 6128 6129 6130 6131 6132 6133 6134 6135 6136 6137 6138 6139 6140 6141 6142 6143 6144 6145 6146 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722497 times)
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 12:47:48 PM

This is exactly the way I planned it when I created the Dash Nation Progress Thread on the Altcoin Discussion board. For two years, the band of bullies maintained threads about how Dash was a scam and how everyone was losing their shirt because of us. Then, they would come here and attack us on our turf.

Well, the last time I checked it was the Altcoin Discussion Board, and I simply started a thread where I would document Dash's progress towards becoming the Internet Of Money, the digital cash that Satoshi envisioned. We needed a presence there, and I created that presence. It is a beacon between the negativity about Dash to show what the truth actually is, and that's what they can't stand. So now at the end of the day, the jokes on them because the more they protest, the more they bump both threads and the more people learn the truth behind the lies.

That's why they love me so much, and they are wonderful teammates.

Cheers to 2017, my Dash Nation brothers and sisters...

But wait you were the first person ever to highlight the dash scam in public on the main board. You are probably accountable for the most damage ever done to dark coin. You are literally responsible for holding back tech that was ahead of its time until it is now bogged down and being over taken by far superior teams. You are quite useful.

Well done taoway. Your darkcoin friends must be proud of you for that and whipping up so much renewed dash resentment on the main board from all of your spam.

Your videos are the icing on the cake. They are literally dash coin killers. Brilliant work.

How the community have not grasped you and qwizzie are the worst thing that ever happened to this community i do not know.

Everyone except the total noobs here know about darkcoin dashcoin scamcoin so you gain nothing from your continued spam on the main board here but to keep bringing up the dirty shady past it has?

You gain hardly anything other than to remind everyone how bad the origins of this coin really are.

Keep it up Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
UdjinM6
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2017, 01:41:26 PM

I am trying to move funds between 2 addresses and due to malfunctioning dash wallet I can not see GUI so I am only using the console.
Mind providing a bit more info about what kind of an issue you have there?

I type getbalance and get 1013.

I would like to send 13 coins to another address of mine so I type sendtoaddress "myaddress" 13

However, despite having high enough balance I get "Insuficient funds. (code -4)" error.

Can you tell me what is the problem here? The issue may be related to a fact that I am running a masternode.
Make sure you left some space for fees e.g. try sending 12.99 instead.

DASH: XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 02:02:52 PM

I am trying to move funds between 2 addresses and due to malfunctioning dash wallet I can not see GUI so I am only using the console.

I would like to send 13 coins to another address of mine so I type sendtoaddress "myaddress" 13

However, despite having high enough balance I get "Insuficient funds. (code -4)" error.

Can you tell me what is the problem here? The issue may be related to a fact that I am running a masternode.

He is using an active running masternode wallet.... i just hope he wont accidentally mess up his 1000 Dash input amount and gets his masternode kicked off the network.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Drobek

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 02:20:30 PM

He is using an active running masternode wallet.... i just hope he wont accidentally mess up his 1000 Dash input amount and gets his masternode kicked off the network.

Thanks guys, at the end I did not figure out how to select input addresses through command line so i ended up downloading a new Dash client on a new laptop - it was much easier with GUI Smiley
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 04:13:34 PM

DashForce Reloaded 1-4-17
Decentralize and Incentivize Everything

Well we have almost completed the first proposal cycle and things are going great in Tao's DN slack with tips flying around everywhere for the DashForce tips contest, testnet participation, help desk support and much much more. I have personally had Reddit tipbot busy cranking out tips for high value comments and Reddit help desk support. The Reddit tipbot has been a bit cranky at times and so I have asked my fellow DashForce members to save a bit of their tip funds this month so we can help upgrade the Reddit tipbot.
Thanks to all the masternode owners who voted for the DashForce Reloaded Proposal and helped make all this possible!
https://www.dashcentral.org/p/DASHFORCE_RELOADED_2

There are still 2 days left to vote on this proposal, if you find it necessary to be funded please do so.
Go and subscribe on dashnation slack as well http://dash-nation-invite.herokuapp.com/ to be more up to date about the contests and how you can be tipped for your DashForce efforts.
Thank you all for the actual support you did.

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2017, 07:07:50 PM

DashForce Reloaded 1-4-17
Decentralize and Incentivize Everything

Well we have almost completed the first proposal cycle and things are going great in Tao's DN slack with tips flying around everywhere for the DashForce tips contest, testnet participation, help desk support and much much more. I have personally had Reddit tipbot busy cranking out tips for high value comments and Reddit help desk support. The Reddit tipbot has been a bit cranky at times and so I have asked my fellow DashForce members to save a bit of their tip funds this month so we can help upgrade the Reddit tipbot.
Thanks to all the masternode owners who voted for the DashForce Reloaded Proposal and helped make all this possible!
https://www.dashcentral.org/p/DASHFORCE_RELOADED_2

There are still 2 days left to vote on this proposal, if you find it necessary to be funded please do so.
Go and subscribe on dashnation slack as well http://dash-nation-invite.herokuapp.com/ to be more up to date about the contests and how you can be tipped for your DashForce efforts.
Thank you all for the actual support you did.
Yes, thank you to all who voted in support of this much-needed proposal. It's been fun to help improve the morale and presence of Dash.

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2017, 07:11:54 PM

Well done taoway.
You know, just because two users feature the same word in their handle, doesn't make them the same person. Do you also think that I'm Satoshi?

I have no clue who this "taoway" dude is that you keep rambling on about.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 08:22:23 PM

Well done taoway.
You know, just because two users feature the same word in their handle, doesn't make them the same person. Do you also think that I'm Satoshi?

I have no clue who this "taoway" dude is that you keep rambling on about.

Taoway the darkcoin zealot obsessed with darkcoin leaves and deletes all of his posts... a month later Taoofsatoshi is born. Oh really? someone (taoway)so dedicated to darkcoin so obsessed with it runs off after blowing the whistle whilst being over the top about darkcoin on the main board. Deletes all of his posts and personal info and never makes another comment . A month later another darkcoin zealot is born Taoofsatoshi straight to the darkcoin thread ... hmmm sounds like you and Taoway are one and the same. Nothing to be ashamed of without you we may not have noticed the 2 Million flash mine period. Well done.

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 09:10:33 PM

Looks like cryptohunter finally lost it ... poor guy. No cure or treatment possible now after those ramblings of a madman.
Let me just check if they still have his old room available :

oh darn, its fully booked.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 09:34:10 PM

Don't forget:

tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 03:55:57 AM

Review of the Dash Budget System, the First Blockchain-based Decentralized Governance System

https://medium.com/@EricRSammons/review-of-the-dash-budget-system-the-first-blockchain-based-decentralized-governance-system-5ecf86cc6989#.dgu89ltyz
alex-ru
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 08:22:23 AM

https://news.bitcoin.com/big-names-gather-when-north-american-bitcoin-conference-comes-back-to-miami/

Date : January 17 & 18, 2017

To the Dash newcomers : here is a community video from the previous North America Bitcoin Conference (from early 2016) --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAOe7m320Uc
a pretty slick community-created video, i really wish we had a community video for the upcoming NABC event as well.

Hey, here is the new version of "Dash Plane"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peG298knzWY

Let me remind:
I produced videos in this playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiFMZOlhgsYJ6xdaFdOUdxZDC7WsxxM2K
To let other Dash community members to use them (insert) in their own video-production about Dash.
(Feel free to use it to create your videos about Dash)

Mike323

Activity: 22
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 07:14:53 PM

Hello,
I believe this is my first post this thread. I've been buying Dash for about a year and a half now. I'm very concerned about a variety of things mainly because of the way things are playing out. Correct me if I'm wrong, but far the market is basically saying that there's really no competition between Monero and Dash and Monero is simply just taking over the so called privacy area of crypto that was supposed to be Dash's niche.
1) So can anyone please tell me how exactly is Dash better?
And I hope the answer will not be because of the voting rights from the Masternode because that would but the decentralization argument into question. I look at charts and numbers but I rarely read the go over the chatter, but if i can recall correctly Monero was mocked and ridiculed by the Dash team 2 years ago. But again I mainly look at charts and numbers.
2) I've been catching up with some of the interviews from the Dash team and it seems like they're kinda going after bitcoin. I believe that could be a grave mistake. This whole industry was created through bitcoin wasn't it. So if that's the case is, then why are we criticizing bitcoin in such an aggressive manner and even if we were right is it really worth it? I mean the results so far speak for it self.
3) Lastly, the argument by Icebreaker in my opinion was very constructive and yet it seems like the only response on this thread were personal attacks about his personal failures which have absolutely nothing to do with the content of his criticism. Can anyone refute his criticism? I'm a Dash supporter and I hold almost 2K coins because I really thought they were undervalued by at least $500, but after reading Icebreakers criticism and looking at Monero go take over the market I'm just about ready to leave the bandwagon. I'm not trying to be a jerk but these are just my concerns.
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 07:50:36 PM

Hello,
I believe this is my first post this thread. I've been buying Dash for about a year and a half now. I'm very concerned about a variety of things mainly because of the way things are playing out. Correct me if I'm wrong, but far the market is basically saying that there's really no competition between Monero and Dash and Monero is simply just taking over the so called privacy area of crypto that was supposed to be Dash's niche.
And I hope the answer will not be because of the voting rights from the Masternode because that would but the decentralization argument into question. I look at charts and numbers but I rarely read the go over the chatter, but if i can recall correctly Monero was mocked and ridiculed by the Dash team 2 years ago. But again I mainly look at charts and numbers.
2) I've been catching up with some of the interviews from the Dash team and it seems like they're kinda going after bitcoin. I believe that could be a grave mistake. This whole industry was created through bitcoin wasn't it. So if that's the case is, then why are we criticizing bitcoin in such an aggressive manner and even if we were right is it really worth it? I mean the results so far speak for it self.
3) Lastly, the argument by Icebreaker in my opinion was very constructive and yet it seems like the only response on this thread were personal attacks about his personal failures which have absolutely nothing to do with the content of his criticism. Can anyone refute his criticism? I'm a Dash supporter and I hold almost 2K coins because I really thought they were undervalued by at least $500, but after reading Icebreakers criticism and looking at Monero go take over the market I'm just about ready to leave the bandwagon. I'm not trying to be a jerk but these are just my concerns.

If you are listening to Icebreaker and you are actually thinking he makes any sense then perhaps it is indeed time for you to leave the bandwagon.
I wish you good luck.

By the way : according to Icebreaker Dash could collapse any second now, so you better get out fast !!

Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 07:55:53 PM

Hello,

If you are listening to Icebreaker and you are actually thinking he makes any sense then perhaps it is indeed time for you to leave the bandwagon.
I wish you good luck.

By the way : according to Icebreaker Dash could collapse any second now, so you better get out fast !!

You can read about the latest developments and what is on the pipeline here, just published today

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/12-1-announcement-finalized-date-project-update.12614/#post-110541

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 08:05:08 PM

https://news.bitcoin.com/big-names-gather-when-north-american-bitcoin-conference-comes-back-to-miami/

Date : January 17 & 18, 2017

To the Dash newcomers : here is a community video from the previous North America Bitcoin Conference (from early 2016) --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAOe7m320Uc
a pretty slick community-created video, i really wish we had a community video for the upcoming NABC event as well.

Hey, here is the new version of "Dash Plane"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peG298knzWY

Let me remind:
I produced videos in this playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiFMZOlhgsYJ6xdaFdOUdxZDC7WsxxM2K
To let other Dash community members to use them (insert) in their own video-production about Dash.
(Feel free to use it to create your videos about Dash)

Thats a great promotion video you made there alex-ru,
i'm impressed.

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 08:14:58 PM

and there goes Bitcoin, looks like gravity finally cathed up with it.

edit 1 : or will she make a speedy recovery ? stay tuned...
edit 2 : oh darn, i should have said "there goes Dash, looks like gravity finally let her loose"

TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 08:58:13 PM

Hello,

Oh dear, people are getting stressed from the trolls.  I assume you are not one, as you asked valid questions.

Yes, Dash started out as a privacy coin, but I do believe Evan always wanted to make true money, and quickly, this is what makes Dash different from Monero:

1. First, Dash's privacy is not at the expense of a hidden blockchain.  The blockchain is completely readable and verifiable, whereas Monero's is opaque. This makes Monero only able to do one thing, hide transactions from view.  Dash's privacy is still arguably just as good, creating doubt as to where funds came from.  As for mixing funds (which ultimately is what Monero does - mixes with 3 inputs) Monero's comes at the cost of a very large and expanding block chain with no plan to manage it other than having your wallet "served" to you from a centralized source.

2.  What Dash can do, it can only do because it has an open blockchain, like Bitcoin's and has a second tier (Masternodes).  Here is my list:

a. Dash can do instant transactions, fully locked and hasn't been hacked since it's inception over a year and a half ago.  Private Send also has a bounty and a sample, if anyone can break it, they will win the bounty.  (need link here)

b. Because Dash is based on Bitcoin and has been kept up to date with Bitcoin's releases, Dash is able to utilize all the code created for bitcoin, and integrate quickly into new services provided for Bitcoin.

c.  Dash has incentivised nodes.  The Masternodes are paid for doing work along with the miners.  There are currently at least 3 services that allow people to combine their funds into a Masternode and reep the rewards, even if they don't have enough Dash to build their own node.  These are centralized services, but the future will make these smart contracts where no funds need be put at risk, and will be allowed to be held by the owner (though locked for an agreed amount of time, undoubtedly)

Now for the exciting stuff.  Stuff that can't happen without a second tier network.  I'm sure you've heard the name "Evolution" pop up.  This is a huge undertaking, and we are about to release the first wallet that contains the foundation for Evolution.  Evolution is exiting, and would not be possible if Dash had an opaque blockchain period.  Yet, Evolution will not be fully realized for another year, most likely.  So this is what Evolution will be able to do, and please keep in mind, these services will be done in a completely decentralized way.  Arbitrary and un-gameable.  And please realize that Evolution will NOT be manditory.  You will be able to use the old fashioned wallet, a daemon or QT wallet, an off-line wallet, etc, if you want to be as safe as possible.  I will do this myself for my "investment" but for daily use, I will use Evolution.  Remember, despite what Evolution can do, you, the user, will still be responsible for the safe management and risks taken with your  money until someone wants to provide an insurance service like Banks provide.

Although decentralized, Dash will feel to the user like a centralized service.  This means the user will be able to access their account via user name and password.  When they log in from their phone, their account will look exactly as it does from their desktop or laptop, etc... This is because they will access their account via a decentralized API.  We call this the DAPI.  The DAPI hooks you into the network, and the network holds your user information in a "sharded storage" system.  This means each Masternode holds a fractured portion of the hole with redundancy.  This allows the network to hold a lot of information without each Masternode to be bogged down with huge storage requirements and allows for easy expansion and growth.  The "Dash Drive" (as we call it) is not for storing just anything, it is dedicated only to a few essential things, such as user rating (optional) names and passwords, contact information, etc... all accessible and readable only to the user.

So think about what it is like when you access your bank account or Paypal account.  You can see this month's expenses, who you paid what to.  You can enter notes, you can see year-to-Date.  March's statement, etc....  

You can have "bill pay" and automatically pay your bills and subscriptions via a smart contract inside your account.

"savings" can enter a pool of funds via a smart contract to create Masternodes to earn "interest".  These Masternodes would be run by any service provider, and will not ever have to leave the control of the user.  They will be locked for a term chosen by the user (much like a CD at a bank) only these contracts can't be broken for any fee, though I can see a possible future where people might be able to trade their shares for unlocked Dash if they needed out in an emergency.

Shared accounts, multi-sig accounts, all will be managable from a service that feels like it's centralized but not.  The possibilities are endless, and I'll just start rambling, so I'll stop here.  

There will be nothing that Dash can not do for you that Banks can.  Even loans will be possible once the deflationary nature of cryptos slow down.

One more thing, for others, because you stated you didn't want to hear it, but Dash's governance system (voting by collateralize MNs) and budget system means that issues and questions on direction can be quickly resolved and that Dash is fully self funding with no need to ask big pockets for donations, and is unencumbered by the strings invariably attached to those donations.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 09:04:53 PM

You can read about the latest developments and what is on the pipeline here, just published today

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/12-1-announcement-finalized-date-project-update.12614/#post-110541

Long time no see!  Welcome back!  Cheesy

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
K~Ehleyr

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Ooh, shiny things!!

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 09:12:21 PM

That's an excellent round-up TanteStefana - thank you!
Pages: « 1 ... 6046 6047 6048 6049 6050 6051 6052 6053 6054 6055 6056 6057 6058 6059 6060 6061 6062 6063 6064 6065 6066 6067 6068 6069 6070 6071 6072 6073 6074 6075 6076 6077 6078 6079 6080 6081 6082 6083 6084 6085 6086 6087 6088 6089 6090 6091 6092 6093 6094 6095 [6096] 6097 6098 6099 6100 6101 6102 6103 6104 6105 6106 6107 6108 6109 6110 6111 6112 6113 6114 6115 6116 6117 6118 6119 6120 6121 6122 6123 6124 6125 6126 6127 6128 6129 6130 6131 6132 6133 6134 6135 6136 6137 6138 6139 6140 6141 6142 6143 6144 6145 6146 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: