Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:28:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6048 6049 6050 6051 6052 6053 6054 6055 6056 6057 6058 6059 6060 6061 6062 6063 6064 6065 6066 6067 6068 6069 6070 6071 6072 6073 6074 6075 6076 6077 6078 6079 6080 6081 6082 6083 6084 6085 6086 6087 6088 6089 6090 6091 6092 6093 6094 6095 6096 6097 [6098] 6099 6100 6101 6102 6103 6104 6105 6106 6107 6108 6109 6110 6111 6112 6113 6114 6115 6116 6117 6118 6119 6120 6121 6122 6123 6124 6125 6126 6127 6128 6129 6130 6131 6132 6133 6134 6135 6136 6137 6138 6139 6140 6141 6142 6143 6144 6145 6146 6147 6148 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722497 times)
Revelations86

Activity: 428
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 05:35:35 AM

Thanks so much TanteStefana for really addressing and answering some of the concerns I have. I'll hold for now and after this reply I'll try and refrain from anymore engagement on this (bitter) thread. I'm not a DASH troll and people can mock me all they want but the numbers against our competition speak for itself.
Also, @Cryptohunter, yes I have just under 2,000 coins and I've been interested in dash (DRK) ever since it it was around $1 after the first bubble because I l thought it had real (intrinsic) value . I will not be dumping any coins anytime soon regardless of how much I disagree with their tactics mainly because I think it's undervalued. I don't know who Toaway is and although I hold coins I certainly don't consider myself part of Dash Nation. I hope all goes well with you though and thanks for your response.
If I overlooked any other (real) response then thanks to you too. I don't want to start a war of words, I just think Icebreakers criticism was constructive and I'm happy to have gotten a response from TanteStefana. I'll keep what I have and work hard to invest in others.

DashHoles cling to their "troll" accusations and won't agree that any criticism I make is "constructive", thereby telling you they aren't willing to interact in good faith.  The embarrassing shame and disappointment they feel about Dash's shortcomings and failures precludes any healthy constructive response to internal criticism, much less negative observations originating from sources external (and presumably hostile) to their cargo cult.

You are being too kind in your indulgence of Tante's misinformation.

It's OK to point out the gaping factual deficits in her breezy pedestrian (IE non-rigorous) treatment of the issues.

For example, easily disproved whoppers such as these indicate Tante doesn't know WTF she's talking about (assuming the lies are not intentional):

Dash's privacy is not at the expense of a hidden blockchain.  The blockchain is completely readable and verifiable, whereas Monero's is opaque. This makes Monero only able to do one thing, hide transactions from view.  Dash's privacy is still arguably just as good, creating doubt as to where funds came from.

Dash is based on Bitcoin and has been kept up to date with Bitcoin's releases, Dash is able to utilize all the code created for bitcoin, and integrate quickly into new services provided for Bitcoin.

The first statement is egregiously counterfactual because she has been repeatedly informed of the existence of Monero's View Key.  Her dishonest use of the weasel words "arguably just as good" w/r/t Dash vs Monero privacy is also intensely misleading.

The second statement is obviously untrue and easily demonstrated to be false.  IE, Dash has *NOT* kept up with Bitcoin advances such as RBF, CPFP, SEGWIT, Schnorr/tree multisignature, sidechains, Confidential Transactions, sidechains, Lightning Network, Rootstock, etc.

Dash's codebase is a fork of Bitcoin from many years ago, and its developer (some guy named Evan) is incapable of porting and merging into Dash so many accumulated pull requests.  Their excuse is "we decided RBF or whatever is bad for Dash" yet Dash still depends on the BTC devs whose judgement they explicitly repudiate and lambast at every opportunity.

Once Tante is done making untrue assertions about the present, she goes on to paint you a lovely picture of unicorns flying across blue skies.

Notice how many times she uses the future tense, with occasional derpy slips into present tense:

we are about to release the first wallet that contains the foundation for Evolution
Evolution will not be fully realized for another year
Evolution will be able to
these services will be done
Evolution will NOT be
You will be able to
I will do this
I will use Evolution
Dash will feel to the user
the user will be able to access
their account will look exactly
they will access their account
They will be locked
all will be managable
There will be nothing that Dash can not do
Even loans will be possible

We've already seen this movie a dozen times.  Grandiose visions about revolutionary future events, based on nothing but Hope & Dreams (and GREED).

Promise the Moon, deliver the vacuum of space.  Paycoin.  NeuCoin.  Nautilus.  Dash.  Each scam more obvious and retrograde than the previous.   Roll Eyes

I'm pretty sure you are aware that technology takes time to develop.  Sometimes, certain products or features will be a hit, while other items, they won't.   Look at the histories of Google ,Apple and Microsoft.  Developments get delayed, products malfunction, products flop.  It happens and does not constitute a "scam".  As far as "greedy", I can just as easily accuse you of being greedy by coming on here and trying to convince people to sell their Dash so they can buy Monero and increase the value of your holdings.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bigrcanada1

Activity: 673
Merit: 531

Proud Lifetime DASH Foundation Member

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2017, 06:27:53 AM

A kindly reminder to all Dash members to not quote trolls.  Please do your part to help keep this site clean.

There are 2 Dash related Slack channels.  DASH Nation Slack and myDASH slack channel.  By far the busiest is DASH Nation... Both have great people on them.

Cheers,

Richard
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2017, 06:42:21 AM

A kindly reminder to all Dash members to not quote trolls.  Please do your part to help keep this site clean.

There are 2 Dash related Slack channels.  DASH Nation Slack and myDASH slack channel.  By far the busiest is DASH Nation... Both have great people on them.

Cheers,

Richard

Which site is the one that updates us on the Dash-Lamassu ATM integration?

None of the above?

Isn't that a huge problem given the project has taken over a year and spent over $100k but delivered nothing tangible?

6 months without an update is cause for concern.   Undecided

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2017, 07:06:51 AM

Any links to the official public Slack Channel for Dash? Trying to register but the invite page keeps kicking me out.
Hi BitWater, we'd love to have you join Dash Nation!

Invite link: http://dash-nation-invite.herokuapp.com

unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 07:09:09 AM

Finally dash has gone up  Grin

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 07:49:09 AM

Nice to see 12$ again, but this is just the start of what will likely be a very happy 2017 😉
If BTC continues to climb, and pull other cryptos up with it, combined with the Dash efforts of Evolution I'm positive that 12$ is going to look like a cheap bargain  Cheesy
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 08:24:12 AM

Dash Security-Privacy Paper Ver 1.8 is out
Please Download :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_yZ4OC682XgdEJwclRNMy1uaTg/view?usp=sharing
http://www.filedropper.com/securitypaperversion018files

For Comments / Discussions please join us on DashForum
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dash-security-privacy-paper.12077/
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 08:56:07 AM

Friendly reminder for newcomers:

This thread looks infected again with people of other communities really concerned with the successful trend of DASH  Roll Eyes

For a more civilized conversation you can join us in the DASH forum:

https://www.dash.org/forum

Discussions:  7,138
Members:  6,229

arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 1059

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 09:55:06 AM

Dear instamine-concerned independent researchers,

I stumbled upon Darkcoin in about April-May of 2014, so I am not quite sure whether I figure among the alleged victims of the legendary "Instamine" which has become a kind of anti-founding-myth of the now called 7th largest crypto called "Dash".

Anyway: we got the message. You think the launch was a horrific scam. I actually did not then and don't think now. It used to really annoy me when respectable members of the crypto community like a few XMR lead community members continued to come into this thread to point at supposed heavy crimes with no apparent victims, since the community itself had long gotten over it. It actually still annoys me, because as a long time believer in monetary competition, I observe that Dash actually is being harmed because many people in the Crypto universe have fallen for the "Instamine Meme" and have a superficial antipathy towards Dash.

On the other hand, I find you guys kind of entertaining and I remain confident in the Dash team to fullfil the goal to make crypto usable for the masses. I still hope Bitcoin will be able to do that as well, but I see Dash as the best current "Hedge" against a BTC failure to scale. The MN voting system is just brilliant compared to BTC and the MN bond like attributes opens it a whole new class of investors.
I just recently bought some masternode shares with Moocowmoo. A tremendous experiences, very easy. I can't have that with BTC.

Anyway, you guys will keep doing your thing, whatever I say.

So happy 2017, yet another year together, dear Instamine Don Quichotes

welcome to my rat cage buddy https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1282836.0

...and happy new year DASH copycats circle jerks  Grin
BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 10:00:31 AM

#Evolution baby  Grin

https://twitter.com/brian_armstrong/status/816078749963694080

Kienbui

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 11:07:12 AM

Voted! Thanks,
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2017, 11:57:00 AM

That's right, Roger! Dash's features are Ver-y Cool!

https://youtu.be/ukKXA1sYRGQ

#DashNation #CashAlternative

Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 01:14:41 PM

That's right, Roger! Dash's features are Ver-y Cool!

https://youtu.be/ukKXA1sYRGQ

#DashNation #CashAlternative

Great video Tao, let's see what Mr BitcoinJesus has to say about the matter!
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 01:58:45 PM
Last edit: January 03, 2017, 02:52:24 PM by MasterMined710

Hello,
I believe this is my first post this thread. I've been buying Dash for about a year and a half now. I'm very concerned about a variety of things mainly because of the way things are playing out. Correct me if I'm wrong, but far the market is basically saying that there's really no competition between Monero and Dash and Monero is simply just taking over the so called privacy area of crypto that was supposed to be Dash's niche.
1) So can anyone please tell me how exactly is Dash better?
And I hope the answer will not be because of the voting rights from the Masternode because that would but the decentralization argument into question. I look at charts and numbers but I rarely read the go over the chatter, but if i can recall correctly Monero was mocked and ridiculed by the Dash team 2 years ago. But again I mainly look at charts and numbers.
2) I've been catching up with some of the interviews from the Dash team and it seems like they're kinda going after bitcoin. I believe that could be a grave mistake. This whole industry was created through bitcoin wasn't it. So if that's the case is, then why are we criticizing bitcoin in such an aggressive manner and even if we were right is it really worth it? I mean the results so far speak for it self.
3) Lastly, the argument by Icebreaker in my opinion was very constructive and yet it seems like the only response on this thread were personal attacks about his personal failures which have absolutely nothing to do with the content of his criticism. Can anyone refute his criticism? I'm a Dash supporter and I hold almost 2K coins because I really thought they were undervalued by at least $500, but after reading Icebreakers criticism and looking at Monero go take over the market I'm just about ready to leave the bandwagon. I'm not trying to be a jerk but these are just my concerns.

1) Instant transactions, off-chain future proofed mixing (never deanonymized), DAO, Blockchain funding, Evolution release, fun, friendly non troll community and because of the voting rights from the Masternodes, lol Wink

2) Welcome to currency competition.

3) Most of icebreakers concerns (and mine) have now been answered on slack (new gitguild channel) and in the following thread....

Proposal: Business Development (January)
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposal-business-development-january.12561/

Dash Nation slack invite
http://dash-nation-invite.herokuapp.com/

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 02:27:06 PM

1. Monero picked up the anon baton after Darkcoin intentionally threw it away.  Darkcoin voluntarily abandoned its brand and association with/quest for privacy/fungibility. 

2. We should note that *IF* Monero people wanted to make silly stuff like soda machines and ATMs, these feats would be accomplished with much less hassle/drama/expense

3. Peter Todd's savage "cargo cult" tweet

Dash De-anonymization Contest

Icebreaker and other trolleros: I have donated $1 to Monero's development team. I sent 0.25 Dash (TX ID: 59d51690d4b56ddbf1e393fa8d3a49bcfc3247f270f36be3b6ee411802666cba-000) to shapeshift.io, which converted it to Bitcoin and sent it to the official Monero donation address listed at https://getmonero.org/getting-started/donate/.

I challenge you to de-anonymize this transaction. To make it just a little easier, I only used four rounds of Darksend, so it's exponentially less private than it would be with the maximum eight rounds.

Please tell me what address this transaction originated from.

Cheers!

2. I would love to double spend a monero soda machine. Or i guess i could wait 10 minutes for a coke while it fully confirms, lol. Dash Instantsend FTW!
It took monero over 2.5 years to release a official GUI so we could probably expect a double spend soda machine and atm sometime in the next decade or two.

MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 02:36:23 PM

I am uniquely qualified to speak on the merits of DASH as I have intimate knowledge of the code. There is a real possibility that that the FBI is running 1000 DASH masternodes

Yeah Dash is a top priority of the FBI! I heard the NSA has 2000 Masternodes, ROFLMAO

MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 02:39:13 PM

Any links to the official public Slack Channel for Dash? Trying to register but the invite page keeps kicking me out.

Dash Nation slack invite

MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 02:43:08 PM

Cheers,

Richard

Which site is the one that updates us on the Dash-Lamassu ATM integration?

This one....

Dash Nation slack invite

The answers you seek were posted in the gitguild channel on monday by the proposal owner.

MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 02:47:01 PM

Please support – Unsung/Dash-CharityWork

Sample:
http://thecryptoshow.com/unsungdash-charitywork/
Donate:
http://www.unsung.org/donate

Personal Note:
i think it would be great if we could throw some “love” towards these guys, i am in touch with Jason (Unsung) direct + Danny (Crypto Show) and they are doing some great work out there
Remember – X mas – cold – homeless = Donate some Dash please  Grin

Bump!
DashForce will send some tips their way, And I will as well.

kointrend

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 03:01:07 PM

Meanwhile new ATH! 4281 MNs  Cool
http://178.254.23.111/~pub/masternode_count.png
Pages: « 1 ... 6048 6049 6050 6051 6052 6053 6054 6055 6056 6057 6058 6059 6060 6061 6062 6063 6064 6065 6066 6067 6068 6069 6070 6071 6072 6073 6074 6075 6076 6077 6078 6079 6080 6081 6082 6083 6084 6085 6086 6087 6088 6089 6090 6091 6092 6093 6094 6095 6096 6097 [6098] 6099 6100 6101 6102 6103 6104 6105 6106 6107 6108 6109 6110 6111 6112 6113 6114 6115 6116 6117 6118 6119 6120 6121 6122 6123 6124 6125 6126 6127 6128 6129 6130 6131 6132 6133 6134 6135 6136 6137 6138 6139 6140 6141 6142 6143 6144 6145 6146 6147 6148 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: