Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:35:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2680 2681 2682 2683 2684 2685 2686 2687 2688 2689 2690 2691 2692 2693 2694 2695 2696 2697 2698 2699 2700 2701 2702 2703 2704 2705 2706 2707 2708 2709 2710 2711 2712 2713 2714 2715 2716 2717 2718 2719 2720 2721 2722 2723 2724 2725 2726 2727 2728 2729 [2730] 2731 2732 2733 2734 2735 2736 2737 2738 2739 2740 2741 2742 2743 2744 2745 2746 2747 2748 2749 2750 2751 2752 2753 2754 2755 2756 2757 2758 2759 2760 2761 2762 2763 2764 2765 2766 2767 2768 2769 2770 2771 2772 2773 2774 2775 2776 2777 2778 2779 2780 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722512 times)
porcupine87

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

hm

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 06:58:25 PM

Hey, can somebody tell me why Darkcoin is losing so much in value? Is darksend not working?

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
novaboy2k

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 07:00:14 PM

Hey, can somebody tell me why Darkcoin is losing so much in value? Is darksend not working?

No reason, darksend+ works fine.

8 rounds of denomination on 300 coins.

Darkcoin, the only fungible crypto currency.
bigrcanada

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 07:06:33 PM

One very positive thing is .....there is a hell of alot of interest in Darkcoin.... $600,000.00 worth of trading value!  wow... I suspect there is some serious things afoot.  cool! 
So when is the youtube infomercial on  darkcoin coming out? 

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 07:07:22 PM

Just weak hands getting washed out.
valentino007

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 07:07:31 PM

The hole crypto market is entering a dificult fase,New York regulation as they want to controle the crypto market has many bad things proposed,there are people willing to close there miningpool and what not,all this fear will drag the price down off all coins and i'm sure when the regulation starts the bad news for the crypto eco system will start and people convert to fiat again,i believe this will be also the abbused reason to drag the prices down even further to the lowest we have ever seen after November 2013.
Crypto will take a big hit but will survive as always,i say get your fiat ready and buy BTC low in a few months from now,sell anything in your house you can live without and safe the money for the biggest drop we have ever seen!
bigc1984

Activity: 658
Merit: 534

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 07:09:41 PM

The hole crypto market is entering a dificult fase,New York regulation as they want to controle the crypto market has many bad things proposed,there are people willing to close there miningpool and what not,all this fear will drag the price down off all coins and i'm sure when the regulation starts the bad news for the crypto eco system will start and people convert to fiat again,i believe this will be also the abbused reason to drag the prices down even further to the lowest we have ever seen after November 2013.
Crypto will take a big hit but will survive as always,i say get your fiat ready and buy BTC low in a few months from now,sell anything in your house you can live without and safe the money for the biggest drop we have ever seen!

yea I think bitcoin is going lower but then it will make a serious rebound.. it's summer time and people are going to cash out and have fun.. they will come back in winter right before 2015 when it is time to hide their money from the tax man again.
novaboy2k

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 07:14:06 PM

Thing is crypto was invented to take on people like BL and the system he represents.
Do you really believe one state in one country(a dying country) will have such a devastating effect on crypto?

I'm ready and waiting to catch the knife if bitcoin goes bellow $300.

Anyway Dark solves the problem. It will be worked around, just like most regulations.

Darkcoin, the only fungible crypto currency.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 07:14:10 PM

Tough question. If we leave conspiracy theories alone, I think it was because some people expected a rally after RC4, and when it didn't happen, they got frustrated and decided to sell (which led itself to downward spiral where more people wanted out because price was falling).

And why there was no rally after RC4? Partly because it was already priced in, and partly because it was unclear whether it's working or not if you were only reading this thread, which most buyer candidates are probably reading. If you were on the testnet testing and reading bug tracker etc you knew what to expect, but those people already have bought all the drk they could possibly need ages ago. So I bet it was very confusing time (and still probably is) for those deciding on whether to invest or not.

What is needed imo is a bullet proof UI/UX design that makes it impossible to not understand what's going on or make anything that might interfere the initial anonymizing process. When that is done, PR machine can start recruiting new blood, not before.
Crypto_Junkee

Activity: 136

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 07:21:30 PM

Crazy day in Crypto, today.........
Do you mean this?

VV

Yep that....and most cryptos were down double digits early today.  I don't think I've ever seen so much red.
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 07:21:49 PM

Thing is crypto was invented to take on people like BL and the system he represents.
Do you really believe one state in one country(a dying country) will have such a devastating effect on crypto?

Anyway Dark solves the problem. It will be worked around, just like most regulations.

I agree...this means crypto has to develop full circle of use.  In otherwords where is needs to start is creating a complete fiat free ecosystem.  this may take years and even decades...but that is the future, were you pay the farmer in crypto, buy groceries and other essentials in a closed system free of fiat.  This is a long time away yet...but I too don't care about NY and their regulations...Asia, Europe and London...and the rest of the world is HUGE!  Sure...if you live in NY its going going to be difficult at first...but if they figure out how to smuggle H out Afghanistan or C from Mexico in one of the most highly regulated and surveillanced countries in the world...well lets just say where there is a will .....there is ALWAYS a way.

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 07:23:43 PM

Tough question. If we leave conspiracy theories alone, I think it was because some people expected a rally after RC4, and when it didn't happen, they got frustrated and decided to sell (which led itself to downward spiral where more people wanted out because price was falling).

And why there was no rally after RC4? Partly because it was already priced in, and partly because it was unclear whether it's working or not if you were only reading this thread, which most buyer candidates are probably reading. If you were on the testnet testing and reading bug tracker etc you knew what to expect, but those people already have bought all the drk they could possibly need ages ago. So I bet it was very confusing time (and still probably is) for those deciding on whether to invest or not.

What is needed imo is a bullet proof UI/UX design that makes it impossible to not understand what's going on or make anything that might interfere the initial anonymizing process. When that is done, PR machine can start recruiting new blood, not before.

Excellent...so how do we move forward?

flipme

Activity: 2170
Merit: 640

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 07:27:18 PM

One very positive thing is .....there is a hell of alot of interest in Darkcoin.... $600,000.00 worth of trading value!  wow... I suspect there is some serious things afoot.  cool! 

Very uncool, if the price ranges like that only because somebody made a bigger transaction.
Somebody put the coin to work, buying, darksending, liquidating.
Should be everyday's business.
Very poor on the liquidity.
We'll probably see that more often.

So this round worked, ready for the next one?

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 07:35:06 PM

Very uncool, if the price ranges like that only because somebody made a bigger transaction.
Somebody put the coin to work, buying, darksending, liquidating.
Should be everyday's business.
Very poor on the liquidity.
We'll probably see that more often.

So this round worked, ready for the next one?
I truth I don't know where the volume is coming from....it would be interesting to see this.

valentino007

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 07:35:16 PM

I clearly stated it will also be the"abbused"reason to drag the prices down,i dont give a fuck if they do because we all know this is the perfect time to manipulate the market Wink,i will keep buying the cheap coins,it's all just a fase and when the butthurt is gone after this event and people can think clearly again they will just comply to the regulation or go find a legal workaround.
The only bad thing i realy see is that there is a lag of universal direction of the crypto market from industrie leaders,they have more power and should work together to find regulation that does not hurt inovation but also have some sort of control for the goverment that they seem is enough for them and say ok,this and that regulation is enough for us,now go and lets see what inovations in crypto can do for us!
I realy hate goverments but i am realistic that also some control is needed to make everyday life possible,i just hate too much of control and spending money in the wrong things that will not help the people,the world is a sick world that can not be cured anymore...
libivan

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 07:42:15 PM

Hello Everyone,

If you're running a larger than normal wallet and set "Amount to anonymize" to a really high amount, the client will prioritize money that has not been denominated, in effect denominating the entire amount ONCE (this could look  like the round > 1 bug, but it's not). No input will reach 2 rounds before that amount is met. When the client detects you've reached the threshold you set, it will then start denominating round 2, then 3, etc.

From the looks of the thread all issues users are experiencing are not bugs at this point, just a misunderstanding of how Darksend works. All major bugs have been resolved and I'm going to move on to RC5 and other unique features of Darkcoin that we've had in the works for awhile (I'm going to wait till all of the weak hands have left the building then I have some really cool stuff to announce).

-Evan

Well, now that it seems that most of the weak hands were scared away I am more and more curious to know what cool stuff is ready to be announced soon Smiley
valentino007

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 07:53:00 PM

Hello Everyone,

If you're running a larger than normal wallet and set "Amount to anonymize" to a really high amount, the client will prioritize money that has not been denominated, in effect denominating the entire amount ONCE (this could look  like the round > 1 bug, but it's not). No input will reach 2 rounds before that amount is met. When the client detects you've reached the threshold you set, it will then start denominating round 2, then 3, etc.

From the looks of the thread all issues users are experiencing are not bugs at this point, just a misunderstanding of how Darksend works. All major bugs have been resolved and I'm going to move on to RC5 and other unique features of Darkcoin that we've had in the works for awhile (I'm going to wait till all of the weak hands have left the building then I have some really cool stuff to announce).

-Evan

Well, now that it seems that most of the weak hands were scared away I am more and more curious to know what cool stuff is ready to be announced soon Smiley

Let us know in September please and not sooner Roll Eyes
Cointang

Activity: 191

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 07:58:17 PM

I like this price, New investor. Can anyone give me a quick breakdown on where you guys are at. Very attractive price, May throw some coins at this

1uSmoGi7FUh4Kb5Bf2snPKvnWdfLCt8fX
valentino007

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:03:38 PM

I like this price, New investor. Can anyone give me a quick breakdown on where you guys are at. Very attractive price, May throw some coins at this

You go out when the"greed"voice in your head says;This is enough,i cash out!
Everyone has a different voice inside there heads..
Pale Phoenix

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:05:05 PM

Amen! I'm now anonymizing another 10k coins and I'm thrilled that the tech is working, even for large(ish) balances. That said, the UI isn't ready for prime time, and it really should be bulletproof before risk averse, normal users are invited to take it for a spin.

shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:10:57 PM

After predicting the DRK price implosion just weeks ago (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg8073765#msg8073765), I have another prediction to make. I take no pleasure in saying this but I hope that those who didn't take my advice before will listen this time and save themselves some money. DRK will never again approach its previous price. The reason is that it does not provide an attractive practical solution for those who seek anonymity (relative to BTC used in conjunction with mixers). Even if it does function perfectly on a technical level, the fact remains that moving BTC into DRK generally requires dealing with an exchange that will be forced to compromise privacy as the result of increased regulations. And once you have your DRK, where are you going to spend it? There is no DRK ecosystem to speak of. BTC has hundreds of millions being invested into an infrastructure to stimulate mass adoption. If you truly wanted to be anonymous, wouldn't you want to be lost in the crowd along with regular consumers as opposed to being potentially linked to a currency inadvertently branded as the go-to solution for drug dealers, paedophiles, and tax-dodgers? In front of a jury, what's more incriminating: evidence that you had a BTC wallet on your computer like everybody else including your aunt Bertha...or that you had a sinisterly-named DarkCoin Wallet on there? I would short DRK if I knew how but I have zero skin in the game. Save yourself some serious grief and at the very least don't dump more of your hard-earned money into this.

Shh

Logic is frowned upon in this thread.
Pages: « 1 ... 2680 2681 2682 2683 2684 2685 2686 2687 2688 2689 2690 2691 2692 2693 2694 2695 2696 2697 2698 2699 2700 2701 2702 2703 2704 2705 2706 2707 2708 2709 2710 2711 2712 2713 2714 2715 2716 2717 2718 2719 2720 2721 2722 2723 2724 2725 2726 2727 2728 2729 [2730] 2731 2732 2733 2734 2735 2736 2737 2738 2739 2740 2741 2742 2743 2744 2745 2746 2747 2748 2749 2750 2751 2752 2753 2754 2755 2756 2757 2758 2759 2760 2761 2762 2763 2764 2765 2766 2767 2768 2769 2770 2771 2772 2773 2774 2775 2776 2777 2778 2779 2780 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: