Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:01:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5012 5013 5014 5015 5016 5017 5018 5019 5020 5021 5022 5023 5024 5025 5026 5027 5028 5029 5030 5031 5032 5033 5034 5035 5036 5037 5038 5039 5040 5041 5042 5043 5044 5045 5046 5047 5048 5049 5050 5051 5052 5053 5054 5055 5056 5057 5058 5059 5060 5061 [5062] 5063 5064 5065 5066 5067 5068 5069 5070 5071 5072 5073 5074 5075 5076 5077 5078 5079 5080 5081 5082 5083 5084 5085 5086 5087 5088 5089 5090 5091 5092 5093 5094 5095 5096 5097 5098 5099 5100 5101 5102 5103 5104 5105 5106 5107 5108 5109 5110 5111 5112 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722502 times)
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 02:46:26 AM

The following message was drafted by generalizethis and submitted for open review and modification by Dash community member blockafett/blobafett2, or others, who did not offer any proposal for changes, and is therefore is considered a collaboratively-constructed fair disclosure statement.

public service announcement

Dash (formerly xcoin and darkcoin) had a significant fastmine over the first 48 hours of its existence (~2 million coins). These facts should not be glossed over by those seeking a fairly launched coin, so until the dash media reflects these facts, this warning will be posted every 24 hours on the BCT dash thread. This warning will not be posted when the media reflects these facts. For those seeking more information Monero Developer Smooth has created a thread with the pertinent facts: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=999886.0
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2015, 02:49:29 AM

Dash (formerly xcoin and darkcoin) had a significant fastmine over the first 48 hours of its existence (~2 million coins). These facts should not be glossed over by those seeking a fairly launched coin, so until the dash media reflects these facts, this warning will be posted every 24 hours on the BCT dash thread. This warning will not be posted when the media reflects these facts. For those seeking more information Monero Developer Smooth has created a thread with the pertinent facts: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=999886.0

I love it!

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 02:51:31 AM

The following message was drafted by generalizethis and submitted for open review and modification by Dash community member blockafett/blobafett2, or others, who did not offer any proposal for changes, and is therefore is considered a collaboratively-constructed fair disclosure statement.

The following is my subjective, and likely biased, opinion about the above collaboratively-constructed fair disclosure statement

That disclaimer is whitewashing of what actually happened. To be fair the clickthrough has more, but some of the most important red flags are missing. To my mind the misleading statements about the launch time by the (then and current) developer with 1+ million coins mined between the stated launch time and the actual (earlier) launch time is possibly the most significant abuse that happened.
blobafett2

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 03:35:12 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2015, 06:19:36 AM by blobafett2

"submitted for open review and modification by Dash community member blockafett/blobafett2"

Not sure what you mean, I have never received anything like this.  Do you mean it was posted somewhere?  Generalize is on my ignore list so I don't usually read his posts.  

Not sure why you think today suddenly it's such big news about Dash's launch issues from 18 months ago, you yourself have already posted about it prolifically for months, and it's been officially explained and accepted by the community / market a long time ago: https://dashtalk.org/threads/the-birth-of-darkcoin.162/

Sad to see you are back on the Dash thread again FUD'ing the same old rubbish whilst neglecting your own coins.  I notice you are not disclosing to people that you are on the core team of at least 2 small competitors to the anon-features of Dash either so you have a vested interest (in your mind anyway) to try to disrupt the Dash community from all the work they are doing.

I won't be responding to your FUD here by the way so I guess leave you to it.  
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 03:44:01 AM

and it's been officially explained and accepted by the community / market a long time ago: https://dashtalk.org/threads/the-birth-of-darkcoin.162/

It is addressed on the above linked click-through thread how and why that explanation is incomplete and misleading and further contributes to the ongoing problem.

I notice you are not disclosing to people that you are on the core team

You did not read the disclosure statement very carefully.

But as you say there is no need to go back and forth on that.
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 03:55:59 AM

Lol.
I think he didn't finish his puberty, fucking teens playing around.
You are not tired of your unprofesionalism, and lack of ethic?

Don't quote the Trolleros please!
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 04:03:14 AM

Sad to see you are back on the Dash thread again FUD'ing the same old rubbish whilst neglecting your own coins.

He's not fudding. XMR did follow its initial published emission curve and Dash didn't.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2015, 04:08:02 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2015, 04:19:32 AM by iCEBREAKER

I won't be intimidated or threatened from calling out Dash's scamming or bullshit, nor that of any other coin, project or individual. You are wasting your time with this obviously retaliatory effort. In fact your efforts to silence me will just redouble my resolve to not be silenced by you or your favorite instamined scamcoin, Dash. Enjoy.

That goes double for me.  Let's hope BigMouthCanada and I can still be friends.

The way Evan Scamfield manipulated the airdrop (or was it relaunch?) vote puts the instamine in the worst possible light.

The fact he actively manipulated the price on behalf of early whales isn't going to sit well with the regulators and authorities.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 04:12:17 AM

To all the newbees in here let me just introduce you guys (and girls) to our three long-overdue residing house pet trolls (and our strong upcoming 4th troll) who have but one single purpose
which is to derail this thread and/or discredit Dash by any means necessary even if that means blattently lying and spreading misinformation about Dash and its community :

AdamWhite  
TheDasher
iCEBREAKER
smooth

This community is however not powerless to these individuals, we have a weapon available and i urge everyone to start using it, it is called the ignore button and it
will have the following powerfull effect :

and trust me, that can hit harder on trolls then one can imagine ...

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
AdamWhite

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 04:31:19 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2015, 04:57:59 AM by AdamWhite

How to launch a shitcoin scam in just 4 easy steps!

Step 1. Mislead as many people as possible about the launch time. Like so:

Ok now it insta crashes when I type "setgenerate true".

Time to go to bed and try again next week?

Yeah, let's do that. I obviously need to do some more testing. Thanks everyone!

Best thing to do I guess. Please, confirm you won't be launching after some minutes/hours even if you fix it, and the sooner would be tomorrow, thanks.

Definitely not. I'll also follow up with this post when I do set a time.

"Definitely not."  We all know he went on to launch it a couple of hours later. Bravo Evan, you're a class act. The pinnacle of integrity and professionalism.

Step 2. INSTAMINE! INSTAMINE! INSTAMINE!

Ignore questions about the huge instamine for as long as possible. Deny it ever happened. Viciously attack anyone who posts irrefutable proof of the massive instamine scam. Try to discredit them. Call them trolls and put their names on "troll lists."

Note: Bonus points if you advertise "No premine" in your ANN title like Evan has done here (despite the massive 1.5 million instamine in the first 8 hours of launch).  Did i mention the integrity and professionalism?

Step 3. Lower the total supply and cut the mining rewards drastically once you're done instamining. This is a no-brainer!

-Lower the supply of coins that can ever exist from 80 million to 20 million.
-Cut the mining reward from 500 coins per block to 5 coins per block.

No one will notice. If they do, we'll just call them trolls, try to discredit them and put them on "troll lists" (see Step 2)

Step 4. If people start catching on to the scam, no problem. Change your name! Then change it again!
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2015, 04:56:58 AM

XMR did follow its initial published emission curve and Dash didn't.

Thank you for your honesty.

Please note Dash didn't follow its announced release schedule either, ninja-launching late in the night after saying they'd wait.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 05:02:09 AM

In cryptocurrencies, adherence to published emission rates is not something which qualifies an electronic token as 'money'.

Miners complain if a crypto doesn't follow the emission rate but in the case of Dash, a couple of them only started doing so when Dash began acquiring value and that was for reasons of genuine monetary quality, nothing to do with 'emission rates'.

Gold did not follow any particular emission rate either, but it still acquired value. People just wanted to get their hands on it no matter how much anyone else had and that qualified it as 'money'.

It's important for a cryptocurrency to follow a published emission rate so that coin supply is predictable and Dash is doing that, the same as most other crypto's. The fact that it didn't do it in the first few hours is already priced into the market (by virtue of that event having occurred a year and a half ago).

Markets therefore determine what has value and 'emission rates' do not.

A true "sh*tcoin" is not one which deviates from its published emmision rate, rather it's one which claims to be 'money' and isn't according to all historical precedent.

Dash has prioritised its development effort to optimise the monetary properties of an electronic token. i.e. to create a monetary medium which is optimal by historical standards but which functions on an electronic platform without a counterparty.

Thats why it has value.

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 05:03:42 AM

Why is that a "warning"? Inflation being lower now compared to a situation where there was fast mining now or in the future instead of in the beginning would be far worse for a potential buyer and indeed deserve a warning as his purchase would lose value very fast. Add to that the fact that half of the new supply is awarded to masternodes who are holders of the coin instead of the miners who often autosell the coin they happen to mine at any given time for electricity.

It's understandable some other coin holders who are currently suffering from devastating inflation and no funds for development holding back their investments can feel animosity towards those who have made a different choice.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 05:09:08 AM

The fact he actively manipulated the price on behalf of early whales isn't going to sit well with the regulators and authorities.

If someone changes a variable or formula in a code, it's up to the people to start using it (or any other change) or not. That's what consensus is. Regulators and authorities (lol) can sit with that fact all they want.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2015, 05:21:20 AM

Dash Price at Continued Risk of Weakness

http://www.newsbtc.com/2015/08/13/dash-price-at-continued-risk-of-weakness/

There is no hope for buyers as of writing, as the hourly RSI and MACD are in the negative zone highlighting weakness

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
minersday

Activity: 1484
Merit: 535

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 05:25:29 AM

If someone changes a variable or formula in a code, it's up to the people to start using it (or any other change) or not. That's what consensus is. Regulators and authorities (lol) can sit with that fact all they want.

If I remember correctly it was a community choice or do I remember correctly?

And now there's a voting mechanism in place, for future changes etc....
blobafett2

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 05:36:59 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2015, 06:24:50 AM by blobafett2

Smooth/Icebreaker's goal is obviously to just keep repeating the same scam accusations in the hope some of it will stick which they have been trying for months now.  They are always taking about Dash (instead of Monero / Aeon) and as investors in a competitor their aspiration is to raise their valuation to 'be like Dash' by trying to turn the conversation here to the only issue they thought they could make a big deal out of, and make sure everyone keeps talking about that.

The fact that the Dash community and market came to a consensus on this 18 months ago and the team have been delivering market-leading features consistently since in a totally professional and ethical manner doesn't seem to matter to them and they obviously have no respect for the Dash community.

But it hasn't worked and Dash is still a leading top 5 alt with a strong community and a massive game-changing release around the corner, so now they are ramping it up by committing to post (lol) daily 'warning' messages here for users and hold the community hostage until the 'media' starts to 'accept' their financially-biased opinions, in other words, they are going full-tard.

I am documenting Smooth's attack activities (for all the competitors not just Dash) on this thread along with his latest insider-dealings between AEON/XMR: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1151565
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 06:52:27 AM

Friendly reminder for newcomers:

This thread looks infected by trolls again. This is an non-moderated thread so they are free to try to promote their coins here  spreading lies and FUD. (icebreaker-eduardo, the dasher, adam, smooth, etc..)

For more information and civilized talk about Dash you can visit: www.dashtalk.org. Feel free to join us.

www.dashtalk.org

Discussions: 4,163 4175
Members: 3,163 3,168
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2015, 06:57:30 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2015, 07:17:21 AM by bigrcanada

As Tungfa and other senior members have pointed out,  put these people on "IGNORE".

Smooth was off ignore as I hadn't thought of him as a troll originally....but its now obvious that he is, so he too is on the ignore list.  

And now...for some soothing music for everyone....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zLfCnGVeL4

Thanks Mangled Blue for reminding me of this song a few weeks ago!  love it... Cool

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 07:58:21 AM

Looking for a Dash Sports Cap ?
 Wink
https://dashtalk.org/threads/dash-cap.5869/

Pages: « 1 ... 5012 5013 5014 5015 5016 5017 5018 5019 5020 5021 5022 5023 5024 5025 5026 5027 5028 5029 5030 5031 5032 5033 5034 5035 5036 5037 5038 5039 5040 5041 5042 5043 5044 5045 5046 5047 5048 5049 5050 5051 5052 5053 5054 5055 5056 5057 5058 5059 5060 5061 [5062] 5063 5064 5065 5066 5067 5068 5069 5070 5071 5072 5073 5074 5075 5076 5077 5078 5079 5080 5081 5082 5083 5084 5085 5086 5087 5088 5089 5090 5091 5092 5093 5094 5095 5096 5097 5098 5099 5100 5101 5102 5103 5104 5105 5106 5107 5108 5109 5110 5111 5112 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: