Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:32:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4971 4972 4973 4974 4975 4976 4977 4978 4979 4980 4981 4982 4983 4984 4985 4986 4987 4988 4989 4990 4991 4992 4993 4994 4995 4996 4997 4998 4999 5000 5001 5002 5003 5004 5005 5006 5007 5008 5009 5010 5011 5012 5013 5014 5015 5016 5017 5018 5019 5020 [5021] 5022 5023 5024 5025 5026 5027 5028 5029 5030 5031 5032 5033 5034 5035 5036 5037 5038 5039 5040 5041 5042 5043 5044 5045 5046 5047 5048 5049 5050 5051 5052 5053 5054 5055 5056 5057 5058 5059 5060 5061 5062 5063 5064 5065 5066 5067 5068 5069 5070 5071 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722525 times)
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 10:56:32 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2015, 11:13:12 PM by Otoh

Many thanks for the thumbs up ToS, rh & tok Smiley

In the interests of transparency I have to confess that I may have been inadvertently depressing the price a little recently, good for buyers though, it seems the new regular buyer that I have for some of my rewards is just flipping them in order to make the small amount of difference from the rate I offer him and the market price, this is fine as he does all the work and takes the exchange risks ect, but up until now I've only sold to people who were setting up new masternodes, the amount so far is 12 x 460 DASH approx since he started a couple of weeks ago, I kind of feel I owe him a favor as he honored a big deal with me way back when the bank froze his accounts for dealing on local BTC.

I've also sold 22 BTC worth of DASH in the last week on Cryptsy, not really in my interests to be weakening the price when large buys are in the offing but I wanted to use 'dash' money to get BTC in order to build up a war chest in a fiat currency as I'd been asked to market make if/when DASH is added to a new exchange, this should happen very soon all being well and the locals can look forward to some nice orders on the books when it kicks off, I'll send a thousand or two of DASH as well so that there are plenty of both bid and ask liquidity at attractive prices and maybe some arb opportunities too if I'm feeling generous.

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 11:01:00 PM

I've also just being put into contact with another buyer who apparently is after approx 25,000 DASH so if that goes through it will mean sacrificing another 25 or so minions more.....It's certainly encouraging to see such large amounts of new money going into backing the project and I hope that they both do very well.

That just shows you what off-exchange demand there is (not manifesting in daily trading volume reports).

I'd have to sell my apartment to acquire that much and even then, it's not available on exchanges. Pretty soon it won't be available off-exchange either by the looks of it.

May you enjoy many more Spanish pizza evenings with the proceeds Otoh !  Wink

rentahash

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 11:16:07 PM

Many thanks for the thumbs up Smiley

In the interests of transparency I have to confess that I may have been inadvertently depressing the price a little recently, good for buyers though, it seems the regular buyer that I have for some of my rewards is just flipping them in order to make the small amount of difference from the rate I offer him and the market price, this is fine as he does all the work and takes the exchange risks ect, but up until now I've only sold to people who were setting up new masternodes, the amount so far is 12 x 460 DASH approx since he started a couple of weeks ago, I kind of feel I owe him a favor as he honored a big deal with me way back when the bank froze his accounts for dealing on local BTC.

I've also sold 22 BTC worth of DASH in the last week on Cryptsy, not really in my interests to be weakening the price when large buys are in the offing but I wanted to use 'dash' money to get BTC in order to build up a war chest in a fiat currency as I'd been asked to market make if/when DASH is added to a new exchange, this should happen very soon all being well and the locals can look forward to some nice orders on the books when it kicks off, I'll send a thousand or two of DASH as well so that there are plenty of both bids and asks at attractive prices.

Otoh, since you are transparent I have to admit that I didnt like the reality where you have so much MNs ...

But once I fully understood how MNs are working and saw that is aprox 0 risk in compromising anonymity or exploit instantX, now I really dont mind even you are holding 1000 MNs!

Further to all, everyone should follow Otohs effort to strengthening the DASH, of course on a magnitude they can afford.

If you are a programmer, build something useful where you ll show how superb DASH is
If you are a designer, build nice eye catchy designs with DASH themes
If you are a writer. help other to understand DASH easier by posting nice blogs
If you are a trader, bring others and show potential of DASH growth

If you are a troll, leave it as there are too many professional trolls on this thread Smiley
dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 11:30:48 PM

I acutally don't want to tweet that because it gives Monero extra attention. I don't want my followers to even know about Monero.  Wink
I see your point. I enjoy blasting people that deserve it, though... Grin
While I understand the desire to clarify the difference between pre-mine and 'fast mine', it's probably not a good idea to draw attention to this issue, as there really were mining issues with the coin in the first days. That was not Dash's finest hour. We have much better ammo to work with to counter such FUD. InstantX is starting to mature, and it's looking like a really big deal.

Maybe the "InstantX" is starting to mature, don't know (do exchanges use it already for deposits? if not, it's not secure)

But you are forgetting about the more important issue: how long does it take for mixing 10000 DASH 5 rounds deep?
I know how long it takes for 10000 XMR with mixin 5: just about the time you need to create a transaction. For such a large transactions it's probably a few seconds.
bluebit25

Activity: 1638
Merit: 292

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 11:35:31 PM

This is something that is needed, more exchanges for DASH. Also, I want Satoshi Tango https://satoshitango.com/ to add Dash, I might send them an email after the next Dash update  Smiley

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
alex-ru
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 11:35:37 PM

I've also sold 22 BTC worth of DASH in the last week on Cryptsy, not really in my interests to be weakening the price when large buys are in the offing but I wanted to use 'dash' money to get BTC in order to build up a war chest in a fiat currency as I'd been asked to market make if/when DASH is added to a new exchange, this should happen very soon all being well and the locals can look forward to some nice orders on the books when it kicks off, I'll send a thousand or two of DASH as well so that there are plenty of both bid and ask liquidity at attractive prices and maybe some arb opportunities too if I'm feeling generous.

Sounds great!  Cheesy

Don't forget that this new exchange has affiliate program + possibility to trade with no commission for liquidity providers (even a small bonus for those who set up orders) - so there is a good chance to get compensation for your support! Smiley

oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 11:45:05 PM

The arguments relating to looking at code or understanding cryptography (and advanced mathematics in general) is over 99% of the people on this board. I'd further wager many of those suggesting to do such things don't even fully understand it themselves but hawk it like all the parrots do.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 11:45:40 PM

The things I do for this community

It looks like Dash supporters / community need to buy you a drink or two for having to endure all that pony.

I tend to think people either confuse or they are led down the garden path with clearly good ring signature cryptography on paper with Monero being a worthwhile project.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 11:47:06 PM

what needs to be public is pubic

LoL !  Cheesy  You can say that again.

tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 11:49:03 PM

can we please talk about something else
this "M..." talk is really tiring + feeding the trolls
so i think we can drop this now !!!

they already got a tweet out of this,
and that should really be ENOUGH !
 Wink
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 11:56:48 PM

That's false. The blockchain is public and anyone can (and every node does) use the contents of that public blockchain to audit the cryptography and ensure that the rules are being followed so the integrity of the system is maintained.

If you make the rules up as you go along, then I suppose your definition of a "public blockchain" suits your ends.

A public blockchain in conventional monetary audit terms means that every address is visible without recourse to a third party to request a "viewkey", and every transaction is accounted for by corresponding balance movements at the relavant addresses, all of which are permanently accessible to every user of the system via multiple sources.

In a financial model that claims to call itself "money" without the underwriting of a trusted third party, those are the bare minimum levels of accountability that you'll find are required.

Once you implement anonymity and untraceability on top of such a model then you might have a point. (But then it won't be called 'Cryptonote' anymore - it will be called 'Dash').
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 12:07:06 AM

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 12:07:46 AM

A public blockchain in conventional monetary audit terms means that every address is visible without recourse to a third party to request a "view key" and every transaction is accounted for by corresponding balance movements at the relavant addresses, all of which are permanently accessible to every user of the system via multiple sources

No that is a definition you just made up.

If not, show me an independent source other than toknormal for that definition. Any recognized cryptocurrency expert will do. Heck any expert on anything would do.

Your opinions about money don't matter. Real economists can't even agree about the definition of money. It is very much an empirical question whether any cryptocurrency will ever become widely accepted as such. The world won't consult you for your approval on the definition before doing so.
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 12:08:00 AM

This tread is most visited tread here.
 Please stop talking about other coins.
 There really is no reason for it except propaganda for their devs ( or whatever they are )
...and let them talk about DASH. Yes!
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 12:09:00 AM

1 more time super fast
 Wink
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 12:10:23 AM

The things I do for this community
It looks like Dash supporters / community need to buy you a drink or two for having to endure all that pony.

Yes, with watching the video, noting the times Riccardo said certain things and noting them down for a summary of the overall "hogwashiness" of what he's presenting, I'd say I spent a good hour on it. That's an hour I won't be getting back; but it's cemented in my mind just how lacking in substance the Monero people are (in general; I'm sure there's some goodness there too) and how flawed their offering is.

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
rentahash

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 12:11:07 AM

But you are forgetting about the more important issue: how long does it take for mixing 10000 DASH 5 rounds deep?
I know how long it takes for 10000 XMR with mixin 5: just about the time you need to create a transaction. For such a large transactions it's probably a few seconds.

I believe time mixing can be solved easily!

There are many ways to do it, but I ll try to note how I see it..

1. MNs could be used to help speeding mixing time as some people proposed already... where owners of MNs sets their mnode for mixing=true and providing anonymous DASH for privaTX... of course extra earning

2. If I correctly understand how mixing is working, the more people are using it , the faster it will get

3. Shared MNs trough wallet directly! Locking defined amount of DASH 100, 200, 300... in a wallet for period of time (like in a bank)  which can give opportunity for SharedMN and mode mixing as explained on point 1. Every MN could became a host of a temp SharedMN trough locking DASH for its service time based.

I am sleepy, maybe it is not written as clear as it could be...   Smiley

TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 12:17:02 AM

I realize that there has been a bit of concern from some re the number of MN under one person's control so by happy synchronicity I am copying part of an email that I sent today to one of my the MN management services:

I'm in advanced discussions to sell a bunch of my DASH, this should be good as it gives better distribution of coins, one person is thinking about it over the weekend while making preparations for it and if he decides to go ahead then that would be early next week, even Monday, if so I will need to take down approx 102 masternodes to fund this, he will be putting them back up straight away. I'll announce this beforehand on the BCT forum so as not to surprise people especially when they're watching the total get so near 3,000 MN atm.

I've also just being put into contact with another buyer who apparently is after approx 25,000 DASH so if that goes through it will mean sacrificing another 25 or so minions more.

I'll try to give you as much notice as possible, it does seem that the large one is quite likely to go ahead as he says he's 99% OK with it and just needs to make sure everything is set up correctly and that he hasn't overlooked any details, he's always been a very reliable person to do biz with in the past and has been considering this move for a good while now.

It's certainly encouraging to see such large amounts of new money going into backing the project and I hope that they both do very well.

You've always been an amazing supporter, otoh!  I hope you'll remain one of our, if not our biggest holders in the end!  It's cool to know who that is!  Also, it's nice that you let us know what you're up to.  I don't think anyone could talk you into doing anything you don't want to do, but I hope you don't feel pressured to do this.  I've never seen your holdings as a threat.  The Masternode system is built so that a large holder like yourself couldn't do harm even if you wanted to (which I know you wouldn't want to)

On the other hand (ha ha) it's great the way you're always bringing in new people.  I'm sure they won't be disappointed as so much is about to happen in the coming months!  Wish I could buy a bunch from you!  LOL.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 12:20:57 AM

A public blockchain in conventional monetary audit terms means that every address is visible without recourse to a third party to request a "view key" and every transaction is accounted for by corresponding balance movements at the relavant addresses, all of which are permanently accessible to every user of the system via multiple sources

If not, show me an independent source other than toknormal for that definition. Any recognized cryptocurrency expert will do. Heck any expert on anything would do.

Your opinions about money don't matter. Real economists can't even agree about the definition of money. It is very much an empirical question whether any cryptocurrency will ever become widely accepted as such. The world won't consult you for your approval on the definition before doing so.

Smooth, I think you're dead wrong.

Toknormal's opinions DO matter because they're logical and sensible. When you work though what he's been saying for a long time now about the properties of money it's clearly fundamental, ordered and without the gaping holes you could drive a truck though that characterise much of what you and other Monero people keep pushing.

By comparison with Tok's views, the silliness and rhetoric we see coming from you and many others involved in Monero just doesn't stand up to a sensible and ordered assessment of logic.

There doesn't need to be "an independent source" there just needs to be THINKING that's not tainted by bravado, bloody-mindedness and the BS that's clearly part and parcel of everything you wretched people banging on about Monero just can't stop yourselves from doing.

Having wasted more than an hour watching fluffypony's video presentation of Monero, I'm in no mood to cut you any slack, even though I acknowledge that on occasions you do make sensible posts; you've unfortunately saddled up on a dud horse and the faster you realise it's stopped breathing, the faster you'll be able to apply your talents to something more useful.

GO HOME AND WORK ON A GUI WALLET FOR GOODNESS SAKE!

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 12:24:44 AM

No it isn't. No unbacked monetary medium in history has ever survived a mere month without being independently and publicly verifiable, not does it take a "recognised expert" to see why since "recognised experts" do not define money, the public does.

Your opinions about money don't matter....the world won't consult you for your approval on the definition before doing so.

No. But I would consult "the world" for its approval based on past behavior which is not something the cryptonote designers ever did when they implemented a record keeping paradigm instead of an (unbacked) monetary one.
Pages: « 1 ... 4971 4972 4973 4974 4975 4976 4977 4978 4979 4980 4981 4982 4983 4984 4985 4986 4987 4988 4989 4990 4991 4992 4993 4994 4995 4996 4997 4998 4999 5000 5001 5002 5003 5004 5005 5006 5007 5008 5009 5010 5011 5012 5013 5014 5015 5016 5017 5018 5019 5020 [5021] 5022 5023 5024 5025 5026 5027 5028 5029 5030 5031 5032 5033 5034 5035 5036 5037 5038 5039 5040 5041 5042 5043 5044 5045 5046 5047 5048 5049 5050 5051 5052 5053 5054 5055 5056 5057 5058 5059 5060 5061 5062 5063 5064 5065 5066 5067 5068 5069 5070 5071 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: