Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:41:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5281 5282 5283 5284 5285 5286 5287 5288 5289 5290 5291 5292 5293 5294 5295 5296 5297 5298 5299 5300 5301 5302 5303 5304 5305 5306 5307 5308 5309 5310 5311 5312 5313 5314 5315 5316 5317 5318 5319 5320 5321 5322 5323 5324 5325 5326 5327 5328 5329 5330 [5331] 5332 5333 5334 5335 5336 5337 5338 5339 5340 5341 5342 5343 5344 5345 5346 5347 5348 5349 5350 5351 5352 5353 5354 5355 5356 5357 5358 5359 5360 5361 5362 5363 5364 5365 5366 5367 5368 5369 5370 5371 5372 5373 5374 5375 5376 5377 5378 5379 5380 5381 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722673 times)
dashwhale

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 06:33:56 PM

What can I get to alert me to:-

1/ wallet updates
2/ MN failure

?

You should try https://www.dashwhale.org (convenient masternode monitoring and notifications via a website) or https://github.com/moocowmoo/dashman (requires the setup of a local script).

Best,
Rango
Lukas_Jackson

Activity: 615
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 06:50:55 PM

Huh

To sum you up.
You were a supporter, bought 5-20 coins, made a profit (maybe) and now wanting to restart the blockchain because the instamine. WTF
So can you tell me why did you invest in the first place?
It's funny, isn't it?

It is easier to be an aggressive victim than to be a free man.
Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 06:55:40 PM

Dark Markets could never leverage something which requires days of mixing time to buy a few hundred dollars worth of something.  Just imagine a meth head tweaking and jonesing while waiting to mix coins to pay for his purchase lol.  Anyway, I believe the project is being steered away from the anonymity aspect with the re branding to DASH, seems like the aim now is instant payments.
I just want to point a few things out.  The mixing right now maybe slow, but it does work.  The next release should be much faster.  We also have some ideas that could speed this up to less than an hour.  And with Evolution, this may not even be necessary.

The primary goal of Dash is to keep the currency fungible where each coin is exchangeable for the same value.  Part of how this is done is by removing the direct links to previous coin history through darksend mixing.
BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 07:41:53 PM

This thread is great  Grin

Every troll and their mother wants to be part of the digital cash history  Cool

oaxaca

Activity: 671
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 08:41:36 PM

Adam White and Ice

Party waiting to happen

Not waiting, for long

OK bro, let's party.

Boozefest at bigrcanada's winery, or what?

We Monero Mustangs are going to kick you DashHole cultists' asses in the crypto-volleyball match!   Cool

Challenge accepted.  

Tuesday, January 19, 2016  
Arrive at the Big R Canada Winery
Full wine tasting and endless appetizers
Dance Off
"Back in the Day" storytelling around the campfire

Wednesday, January 20, 2016
Full breakfast featuring local wild game
More wine
Simulcast of Evan's address to the North American Bitcoin Conference in the Grand Ballroom
Volleyball match
More wine

Thursday, January 21, 2016
Departure

PM Big R to confirm your place.  Priority will be given to known Monero Trolls with the fewest posts on this thread over the next 30 days.  If no Monero Trolls RSVP, they are all forbidden to post on this thread.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 08:51:22 PM

Well, I think your math is not correct Wink
1 masternode each 4 days than 365 days / 4 days = 91,25 each year Smiley it`s quite far from 400 don`t you think? ....

Yes, it was pretty rushed and i have corrected my comment. Anyways, 100 masternodes per 1.1 years, if you judge based on his admission, is still a massive farm-like production, and there are very big chances that he owns more than what he admitted to. The real question is, how many Masternodes does Evan own ? "Within 8 hours over 1.5 million coins were mined, which is most of the instamine.". It is very funny to see people claiming a Decentralized Governance when these guys own this much voting power.

in my turn i always thought that bitcoin's blockchain should be reset, into a clean and evenly distributed coin. i'd gladly receive my personal stash of free 1000 bitcoins of personal potestative right.

If you are comparing the distribution of Bitcoin with the one of Dash, then you are completely banged up in the head.

First of all, Satoshi Nakamoto, the genius who created the platform for Evan to fork and instamine via bug implementations, gained so many bitcoins because nobody gave a shit about Bitcoin in the beginning. How can you even compare the two ?

I'm curious, what is distribution good for?  How does it help Dash or any crypto become better at providing a service to people?  I don't get that? 

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 08:54:51 PM

Do we really have to play this game over and over again?  The Dash team are the most up and up in all of crypto.  The only difference between Bitcoin's developers who are out in the open and Dash developers who are also out in the open, is that Dash actually has a talented crew.

I kindly suggest Evan to submit his Evolution Whitepaper to Ledger, so we can see if the DASH team is really talented, or it's all air they are selling.

I'd just like to bump this since a number of people probably have dnaleor on ignore by now. But publication in a journal would definitely help with "street cred" as well as the PR effort.

Evan is going to privately code this so that Dash doesn't get trumped and I fully support this.  When it's ready, you will get to know, until then, you have to wait like the rest of us.  If you don't trust that he has a real plan, and his past performance isn't enough, then, well, what can I say?  Too bad, eh?  I want to know as well.

Sorry for sounding persnickety, but I've let loose some trolls, and I've gotten in a sour mood, LOL.  They're back on ignore.  But yah, if we can get it published in a journal, that'd be great, but which one?

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 09:05:16 PM

1/ wallet updates
2/ MN failure

?

Wallet updates, please join the email list on the first post of this thread.

for MN monitoring, moocowmoo has made an excellent tool, just don't know exactly where it's posted (github download) or you can go to DashWhale, where they have an easy interface and email notifications if your node goes off line.

Finally, you need to put in cron jobs to check on the status so that your node automatically restarts if it should crash.  Again, I think moocowmoo's script does all that for you?

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 09:11:05 PM

Adam White and Ice

Party waiting to happen

Not waiting, for long

OK bro, let's party.

Boozefest at bigrcanada's winery, or what?

We Monero Mustangs are going to kick you DashHole cultists' asses in the crypto-volleyball match!   Cool

Challenge accepted.  

Tuesday, January 19, 2016  
Arrive at the Big R Canada Winery
Full wine tasting and endless appetizers
Dance Off
"Back in the Day" storytelling around the campfire

Wednesday, January 20, 2016
Full breakfast featuring local wild game
More wine
Simulcast of Evan's address to the North American Bitcoin Conference in the Grand Ballroom
Volleyball match
More wine

Thursday, January 21, 2016
Departure

PM Big R to confirm your place.  Priority will be given to known Monero Trolls with the fewest posts on this thread over the next 30 days.  If no Monero Trolls RSVP, they are all forbidden to post on this thread.

That would be funny, except I cringe for BigR having to host them, and worry they'll leave their tabs unpaid.  No, I'm sure they'd leave their tabs unpaid, 'cause that's the kind of great guys you have there, LOL.

moocowmoo

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

bovine quadruped, professional loafer, dash dev

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 09:23:28 PM

1/ wallet updates
2/ MN failure

?

Wallet updates, please join the email list on the first post of this thread.

for MN monitoring, moocowmoo has made an excellent tool, just don't know exactly where it's posted (github download) or you can go to DashWhale, where they have an easy interface and email notifications if your node goes off line.

Finally, you need to put in cron jobs to check on the status so that your node automatically restarts if it should crash.  Again, I think moocowmoo's script does all that for you?

My script is /mostly/ for doing installs and updates. When run as 'dashman update' it *will* let you know if you need to update according to https://dashpay.io/downloads

Recently I've added a nice current 'status' command that dumps out all sorts of 'whats happening now'
(the screencap is a bit stale, but ninja's api is down at the moment so I can't make a new one just now)

But, for now, that's all she do.

https://github.com/moocowmoo/dashman

(I am in the middle of building its replacement which will be a bit more proactive about things...)

tips: XmoocowYfrPKUR6p6M5aJZdVntQe71irCX | identity: https://keybase.io/moocowmoo
service: https://masternode.me -- The first automated masternode service. Ugly website, stellar uptimes and hands-on support. Over 150 nodes with 300+ days uptime!
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 09:41:10 PM

Here, the subject is Dash so we discuss crypto and computer science.

LoL.

Computer science  Roll Eyes

Yes, that's right.  This thread is about Dash so we discuss its code and (alleged) cryptography, albeit disparagingly.

For example,

discusses Dash's snakeoil version of crypto, while

discusses Peter Todd's preference for Monero's "good crypto" over Dash's "bad crypo."

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 09:49:46 PM

nah... I'm here to see what it looks like when a scam coin dies.

yeah, like bitcoin i heard so many users calling it a scam but....... look at where it is now..........

Yes, look where Dash is now.  At 6 months lows.

If you don't count Darkcoin's price history and only look at post-rebrand to Dash prices, it's at an ALL TIME LOW.

The price would be 1 satoshi if otoh wasn't keeping the market propped up, so he can slowly dump all the coins his 100s of masternodes excrete.

How much lower does the price have to go before Evan Scamfield admits the Dash rebrand was a terrible idea?

Maybe he should change the name back to Darkcoin, then work on catching up with Bitcoin's hot new CLTV/CSV technology.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 09:55:34 PM

discusses Peter Todd's preference...

Well Peter Todd is wrong - as I've explained many times.

I'm afraid there's is no Photoshop magnification available to you that can satisfactorily substitute techno-trainspotting skills for monetary ignorance.
the-baker

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 09:56:01 PM

I kindly suggest Evan to submit his Evolution Whitepaper to Ledger, so we can see if the DASH team is really talented, or it's all air they are selling.

I'd just like to bump this since a number of people probably have dnaleor on ignore by now. But publication in a journal would definitely help with "street cred" as well as the PR effort.

Evan is going to privately code this so that Dash doesn't get trumped and I fully support this.  When it's ready, you will get to know, until then, you have to wait like the rest of us.  If you don't trust that he has a real plan, and his past performance isn't enough, then, well, what can I say?  Too bad, eh?  I want to know as well.

Sorry for sounding persnickety, but I've let loose some trolls, and I've gotten in a sour mood, LOL.  They're back on ignore.  But yah, if we can get it published in a journal, that'd be great, but which one?

Well, this thing that he mentioned, Ledger, is a peer-reviewed journal for the cryptocurreny space that was recently announced. So the suggestion makes perfect sense. And it's not about getting advance access, it's about getting this thing looked at from all angles, so that possible problems are discovered before someone has a chance to exploit them on mainnet
moocowmoo

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 09:59:59 PM
Last edit: October 24, 2015, 10:19:09 PM by moocowmoo

dashman v0.1.13 released

- added polish translation! (thanks tombtc!)
- fail gracefully when dashninja api is down

This is a significant update, and now requires bash version 4 (which most people already have)

PLEASE let me know if you run into trouble and I'll push a hotfix.  moocowmoo@masternode.me

Also, if anybody wants to contribute translations, let me know or submit a pull request!

tips: XmoocowYfrPKUR6p6M5aJZdVntQe71irCX | identity: https://keybase.io/moocowmoo
service: https://masternode.me -- The first automated masternode service. Ugly website, stellar uptimes and hands-on support. Over 150 nodes with 300+ days uptime!
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 10:01:01 PM

Thanks for the new update moocowmoo! I was wondering why my nodes were not visible online, but now I understand that dashninja api is currently offline.
TheDasher

Activity: 346

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 10:02:06 PM

Well, this thing that he mentioned, Ledger, is a peer-reviewed journal for the cryptocurreny space that was recently announced. So the suggestion makes perfect sense. And it's not about getting advance access, it's about getting this thing looked at from all angles, so that possible problems are discovered before someone has a chance to exploit them on mainnet

That would be in DASH best interest because it would prove many people posting here wrong.  But guess what?  It will never happen because everything about DASH is predicated on Bullshit.  Evan the Instaminer knows better that to subject this snake oil to peer review.

Go ahead, prove me wrong.
TheDasher

Activity: 346

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 10:06:40 PM

discusses Peter Todd's preference...

Well Peter Todd is wrong - as I've explained many times.

I'm afraid there's is no Photoshop magnification available to you that can satisfactorily substitute techno-trainspotting skills for monetary ignorance.

Far as I can tell Peter Todd is a wanker

If that is the case what does that make Evan the Instaminer?
Gillette

Activity: 744
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 10:07:15 PM

I think it`s good time to buy dash now as it is on its bottom. But I`d like to know first if its redhead dev still owns 50% of instamined dashes? Or he already sold them to Otoh?
moocowmoo

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 10:10:53 PM

Thanks for the new update moocowmoo! I was wondering why my nodes were not visible online, but now I understand that dashninja api is currently offline.

Yeah, he'd updated to mysql 5.7 and one of his queries conflicted with the default settings.
(so I built a quick patch to let you know this next time.  defensive coding? whats that?! Wink )

Here's what the status command looks like now (his api is back online)
(apparently something changed with chainz api that I've gotta go check out now)

Pages: « 1 ... 5281 5282 5283 5284 5285 5286 5287 5288 5289 5290 5291 5292 5293 5294 5295 5296 5297 5298 5299 5300 5301 5302 5303 5304 5305 5306 5307 5308 5309 5310 5311 5312 5313 5314 5315 5316 5317 5318 5319 5320 5321 5322 5323 5324 5325 5326 5327 5328 5329 5330 [5331] 5332 5333 5334 5335 5336 5337 5338 5339 5340 5341 5342 5343 5344 5345 5346 5347 5348 5349 5350 5351 5352 5353 5354 5355 5356 5357 5358 5359 5360 5361 5362 5363 5364 5365 5366 5367 5368 5369 5370 5371 5372 5373 5374 5375 5376 5377 5378 5379 5380 5381 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: