Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:23:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5283 5284 5285 5286 5287 5288 5289 5290 5291 5292 5293 5294 5295 5296 5297 5298 5299 5300 5301 5302 5303 5304 5305 5306 5307 5308 5309 5310 5311 5312 5313 5314 5315 5316 5317 5318 5319 5320 5321 5322 5323 5324 5325 5326 5327 5328 5329 5330 5331 5332 [5333] 5334 5335 5336 5337 5338 5339 5340 5341 5342 5343 5344 5345 5346 5347 5348 5349 5350 5351 5352 5353 5354 5355 5356 5357 5358 5359 5360 5361 5362 5363 5364 5365 5366 5367 5368 5369 5370 5371 5372 5373 5374 5375 5376 5377 5378 5379 5380 5381 5382 5383 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722673 times)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 12:50:00 AM

They have also agreed to keep asking for the white paper

Ask in one hand, spit in the other. See which one fills up first.

The papers will be released when the code is.  Until it's ready, chill.

Regarding the vaporware argument, I can publicly attest that evolution is real and commits are happening daily.

Why would you start coding before the whitepaper has been released and the novel, unproven concepts therein subjected to and verified by peer review?

This kind of unprofessional, make-it-up-as-you-go, roll your own, homespun approach to security is EXACTLY why Peter Todd says Dash's crypto is "bad" and "snakeoil."

It's the patent medicine equivalent of real (ie, mathematically proven) cryptography.

"Anybody who thinks they can flesh out a protocol in secret and then deploy it, full-blown and working, is in for a world of hurt."
         [Nick Szabo, 1993-8-23]

Show us these allegedly "real commits" which you claim "are happening daily."

Github or GTFO!

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
oaxaca

Activity: 671
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 12:53:33 AM

Apparently you typed something.  Did you RSVP yet or are you chicken-shit?
TheDasher

Activity: 346
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 12:57:02 AM

Why?  is BigR some kind of a DASH enforcer?
oaxaca

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 01:03:04 AM

Same thing goes for you asshole.  Put up or shut up.

RenegadeMan

Activity: 658

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 01:03:44 AM

iCE, give it a rest will you?!

All you have these days are the long-since-dealt-with instamine, vertoe's dummy spit, Peter Todd's unfounded, unexplained, unfollowed-up, biased throw-aways and a motley crew of fellow buffoons to sing your chorus with.

Don't you think it's time for something else? (like focussing on fixing the mess you're involved in with Hashscam or spending time working out how you can create something of worth too)?

Dash is clearly not going anywhere any time soon. Whether Evan does a whitepaper now, next month, at the Miami conference, after it or even not at all.

You're simply wasting your time and breath (plus bumping this thread continually) as Dash folk are here, they're committed, they're engaged and they're led by a guy that (regardless of what you say or think) has demonstrated commitment and follow through in a manner and with fulfilment that you and people from the crypto coin you're supposedly convinced is so much more superior can only dream about.

If you really believe Dash's technology is so inferior put your money where your mouth is and set up a bounty to attract people who may be able to break it. If you did that and someone did find holes you'd carry so much more credibility than acting like the troll mega-mouth you currently are. Even if you put the bounty up and no one could break it, you'd still attract more respect than you do now (which is nothing more than a shade under complete and utter arsehole).

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
TheDasher

Activity: 346
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 01:09:18 AM

Same thing goes for you asshole.  Put up or shut up.

You think these feeble threats are going to help with the DASH death spiral?  Give that stupid head a shake fool.
oaxaca

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 01:17:55 AM

You guys have been banned until we get confirmation that one of you has RSVPed for as much free wine as you can drink and an ass-kicking at volleyball.
semajjames

Activity: 528

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 01:20:15 AM

What can I get to alert me to:-

1/ wallet updates
2/ MN failure

?

Wallet updates, please join the email list on the first post of this thread.

for MN monitoring, moocowmoo has made an excellent tool, just don't know exactly where it's posted (github download) or you can go to DashWhale, where they have an easy interface and email notifications if your node goes off line.

Finally, you need to put in cron jobs to check on the status so that your node automatically restarts if it should crash.  Again, I think moocowmoo's script does all that for you?

what goes in the
"URL of your service *"
box when i join the op mail list ?
Triptolemoose

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 01:22:51 AM

Eclipse Attacks on Bitcoin’s Peer-to-Peer Network

https://medium.com/mit-security-seminar/eclipse-attacks-on-bitcoin-s-peer-to-peer-network-e0da797302c2#.1w6ptnei4

DASH's tech got a couple of mentions in the discussion here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3q1gle/eclipse_attacks_on_bitcoins_peertopeer_network/

"Why not adopt Dash's approach of giving nodes part of the block reward?? Check out Dash's masternode scheme to see how they do it -- masternodes have to put up collateral and everything. They also serve as coin mixing hubs. It's a pretty good idea.

Haven't Bitcoiners been calling 'altcoins' the 'lab experiments' of crypto for years, saying they'd adopt whatever goodness came out of the experiments?

It seems to be going the other way around, though. Altcoin developers watch what goes wrong in Bitcoin, and then quickly code a solution that prevents the same thing from happening in their own coin." - Netizen_Cookie

"The masternode concept in DASH rewards nodes that comply with optional standards. Maybe 21inc could include that protocol into its computers" - cqm

Smiley
oaxaca

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 01:28:01 AM

Updates from the ether

In their planning group they are discussing getting as many people to over to the conference in January to try and shout down Evan's presentation as a 'protest'.

New Budget Proposal

Total Funds:  $149 USD
Purpose:       Buy a ticket to the Miami Bitcoin Conference for dnaelor
G/L acct:      Marketing

eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 02:08:45 AM

So - I assume there will not be any more DASH updates until Jan 2016 or even longer.....Huh?

right?

anybody?

Sure, there will be 12.1 and probably 12.2 before we switch to Evolution

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 02:11:01 AM

(...)
I always thought that the only way to change this is for Evan to quit this project and start another one with a clean distribution and conscience. The current marketcap is at 13.5 million dollars, which should never be a problem considering that Bitcoin is about to fork with a 3.5 billion marketcap. Yes, some people would suffer as a result of this, but not many. 13.5 million dollars in marketcap is nothing. Start another blockchain, use the same code/vision and simply own the altcoin scene, unless you still want to make a lot of profit from those masternodes and you just cannot stop.

If that happens, i will be the first one to invest all my money into it. Probably many more after me...

in my turn i always thought that bitcoin's blockchain should be reset, into a clean and evenly distributed coin. i'd gladly receive my personal stash of free 1000 bitcoins of personal potestative right.

It was called Litecoin. Did you miss that boat too?

Litecoin wasn't that "evenly" distributed, as the first day had its own instamine.

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins#litecoin

"Despite being Bitcoin's supposed silver to it's gold, Litecoin does not escape from this analysis kindly. In the first 96 hours, we see a well defined curve that demonstrates instamining occurred, showing 450,000 LTC being created in less than 6 hours."

No wonder dash had the same issue at the start, as it was based on LTC code, but with a spin regarding hash type and diff. adjustment.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 02:27:51 AM

(...)
I always thought that the only way to change this is for Evan to quit this project and start another one with a clean distribution and conscience. The current marketcap is at 13.5 million dollars, which should never be a problem considering that Bitcoin is about to fork with a 3.5 billion marketcap. Yes, some people would suffer as a result of this, but not many. 13.5 million dollars in marketcap is nothing. Start another blockchain, use the same code/vision and simply own the altcoin scene, unless you still want to make a lot of profit from those masternodes and you just cannot stop.

If that happens, i will be the first one to invest all my money into it. Probably many more after me...

in my turn i always thought that bitcoin's blockchain should be reset, into a clean and evenly distributed coin. i'd gladly receive my personal stash of free 1000 bitcoins of personal potestative right.

It was called Litecoin. Did you miss that boat too?

Litecoin wasn't that "evenly" distributed, as the first day had its own instamine.

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins#litecoin

"Despite being Bitcoin's supposed silver to it's gold, Litecoin does not escape from this analysis kindly. In the first 96 hours, we see a well defined curve that demonstrates instamining occurred, showing 450,000 LTC being created in less than 6 hours."

450K coins isn't very many given LTC's supply. Available supply: LTC 43m, DASH 6m so 450K LTC corresponds to 63K DASH. Pretty much nothing compared to the 1.5-2M instamine here, and this number will further shrink over time.

No wonder dash had the same issue at the start, as it was based on LTC code, but with a spin regarding hash type and diff. adjustment.

No, if the only issue with XCoin was same slow difficulty retargeting as LTC, the instamine would have been far, far smaller. The main issue was the enormous coins per block during the first two days compared to any time after that. LTC kept the same coins per block for about four years, making it's instamine negligible.
YourMother
Legendary

Activity: 1281
Merit: 1046

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 03:12:58 AM

https://youtu.be/wIvcQIdSbIY?t=546

Some people just don't get that these types of questions are only the beginning.
Evan could go to Fintech Cuba, Mugamba and San Pedro Sula and his conferences would still be rendered null and void. You could give fancy powerpoint presentation throughout the whole world, but if someone puts this question at the end of each one of them, you can bet your ass that nobody would buy your cryptocurrency after.

The last impression at every conference would be Evan Duffield turning into a red crab out of shame for his past actions and the ridiculousness of this launch. It's never late to turn into a hero and just restart the whole god damn thing (13.5M marketcap).

Imagine the press you would get after doing a thing like this. If you don't plan on doing it, then it is very possible that Dash will keep on tanking and having all of its features implemented in Bitcoin or cloned in other fair launches. You had a 1 year of biases removed when you re-branded the coin. Now it's the perfect time to remove the 2 year "bias" regarding the launch.

The absolute worst people in history, ranked by the wisdom of the crowd: "Vlad the Impaler", "Mihnea the Evil", "Ivan the Terrible" and "Evan the Instaminer".
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 04:07:31 AM

Well, this thing that he mentioned, Ledger, is a peer-reviewed journal for the cryptocurreny space that was recently announced. So the suggestion makes perfect sense. And it's not about getting advance access, it's about getting this thing looked at from all angles, so that possible problems are discovered before someone has a chance to exploit them on mainnet

Looked at that better, and yah, that would be a good thing to submit to.  If you gave it to Evan, I'm sure he'll send it in, or when the time is right, maybe you could remind him?  I'm still certain none of us will have any details until it's ready to go on testnet.  Good news is that it should be about 3 months from now, so here's hoping (fingers crossed)

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 04:09:20 AM

discusses Peter Todd's preference...

Well Peter Todd is wrong - as I've explained many times.

I'm afraid there's is no Photoshop magnification available to you that can satisfactorily substitute techno-trainspotting skills for monetary ignorance.

Far as I can tell Peter Todd is a wanker

Got me laughing so hard, I almost choked!  Deserved a bump even if it gets censored, LOL.  I'd have to agree with your assessment Blue, it's dead on.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 04:13:21 AM

I think it`s good time to buy dash now as it is on its bottom. But I`d like to know first if its redhead dev still owns 50% of instamined dashes? Or he already sold them to Otoh?

Oh no, That redheaded developer owns 98.68765% of all coins produced.  I believe it's around 5,847651 Dash, 82937100 duffs.  He nearly took them all, and he owns all but a few of the Masternodes, with otoh owning the other 3.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 04:13:54 AM

https://youtu.be/wIvcQIdSbIY?t=546

Some people just don't get that these types of questions are only the beginning.
Evan could go to Fintech Cuba, Mugamba and San Pedro Sula and his conferences would still be rendered null and void. You could give fancy powerpoint presentation throughout the whole world, but if someone puts this question at the end of each one of them, you can bet your ass that nobody would buy your cryptocurrency after.

The last impression at every conference would be Evan Duffield turning into a red crab out of shame for his past actions and the ridiculousness of this launch. It's never late to turn into a hero and just restart the whole god damn thing (13.5M marketcap).

Imagine the press you would get after doing a thing like this. If you don't plan on doing it, then it is very possible that Dash will keep on tanking and having all of its features implemented in Bitcoin or cloned in other fair launches. You had a 1 year of biases removed when you re-branded the coin. Now it's the perfect time to remove the 2 year "bias" regarding the launch.

Ha, Duffsplanation IRL.  "Well the giant instamine of millions of coins was like this thing, where stuff happened, but you know, I was in a hurry, because Dash is sooo coool."

His grating voice quivers with slimy dishonesty and sniveling prevarication.  The hesitant, grasping tone does not project or engender confidence.  Even if he's not a scammer, he sure as hell sounds like one.  Any jury would decide he's guilty immediately after the first syllable spoken in that scumbag used car salesman accent.

Maybe the community should relaunch Dash without an instamine.

What should we call it?  Darkcoin2 or Darkcoin+?  How about XCoin Pro?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 04:19:24 AM

So - I assume there will not be any more DASH updates until Jan 2016 or even longer.....Huh?

right?

anybody?

Sure, there will be 12.1 and probably 12.2 before we switch to Evolution

Oh - right on.... thx  :-D
12.1 will have mixing speed improvements and should fix a bug during revision upgrades.  Good stuff.

Have you overclocked your Pi yet?  I did this with mine for an 11% performance jump in CPU and snappier ram performance.

enable writing to microsd card.  The /flash may be /boot on yours.
mount /flash -o remount,rw

nano /flash/config.txt and add these lines.  Could be /boot/config.txt
arm_freq=1000
core_freq=500
sdram_freq=500
over_voltage=2
temp_limit=80

If you only use your pi for a masternode and ssh into it add this line so you don't waste ram on video.
gpu_mem=16

The Banana Pro is no good at video.  2 cores and no drivers to take advantage of mpeg2 encoding it just can't do a mythtv frontend.  The Raspberry Pi 2 is better with the 4 cores overclocked but still stutters without the mpeg2 encoding chip enabled.  I am going to buy the license for mpeg2 encoding ($3) so it will use the decoder chip.  Banana Pro would be a good mythtv backend with the SATA port and Raspberry Pi 2 is a good mythtv frontend.  I have my eye on the Banana octacore with 4gb ram one you sent or the ODROID-XU4 with the same chip but 2gb of ram for $79.
http://www.hardkernel.com/main/products/prdt_info.php?g_code=G143452239825
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 04:25:10 AM

The questions we all need to ask ourselves are these:

1. Does anyone here really believe that the inventor of DGW, InstantX, Masternodes, Darksend, and the DGBB is not capable of delivering on his promises?

Evan is the most innovative developer in crypto. There can be no dispute on this. He has brought so much into this space, and he is about to flip crypto on its ear with this new technology. I for one consider it a no-brainer. If he says that it will be done, book it.

Throughout all this song and dance over the last 5000 pages, the main question for investors is not the instamine, it is

2. "What's in Dash for me?"

If Evan is capable and likely to produce the way he is alluding to, Dash is going to be ready for adoption on a large scale. If that happens, I will not give a damn how much Dash Evan has, because I will be too busy counting my profits, which will be through the roof. With less inflation down the pipe, I might add.

Some of these trolls should spend less time here, and more on Poloniex, exchanging as much of their shitcoin as they can for Dash. It's as plain as day.

Pages: « 1 ... 5283 5284 5285 5286 5287 5288 5289 5290 5291 5292 5293 5294 5295 5296 5297 5298 5299 5300 5301 5302 5303 5304 5305 5306 5307 5308 5309 5310 5311 5312 5313 5314 5315 5316 5317 5318 5319 5320 5321 5322 5323 5324 5325 5326 5327 5328 5329 5330 5331 5332 [5333] 5334 5335 5336 5337 5338 5339 5340 5341 5342 5343 5344 5345 5346 5347 5348 5349 5350 5351 5352 5353 5354 5355 5356 5357 5358 5359 5360 5361 5362 5363 5364 5365 5366 5367 5368 5369 5370 5371 5372 5373 5374 5375 5376 5377 5378 5379 5380 5381 5382 5383 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: