Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:00:04 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5395 5396 5397 5398 5399 5400 5401 5402 5403 5404 5405 5406 5407 5408 5409 5410 5411 5412 5413 5414 5415 5416 5417 5418 5419 5420 5421 5422 5423 5424 5425 5426 5427 5428 5429 5430 5431 5432 5433 5434 5435 5436 5437 5438 5439 5440 5441 5442 5443 5444 [5445] 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 5480 5481 5482 5483 5484 5485 5486 5487 5488 5489 5490 5491 5492 5493 5494 5495 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722683 times)
pille

Activity: 436
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 02:37:47 PM

Not a bad result on DuckDuckGo Search (page 1)  Wink

ekin4

Activity: 663
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 02:43:02 PM

I bought DASH for more than 0.01 BTC and I'm still waiting for the price increase. I lost almost %40 of my investment. What should I do right now? I'm waiting for a long time.
Walter_S

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 02:43:59 PM

Just wanted to take a moment out to congratulate the team on the stability of the latest release of Dash. My masternodes have been running like clockwork since the latest update on 28th September 2015. Not missed a beat. No restarts. No crashes. 100% up time. This is exceptional considering this is alpha software Smiley

Bravo!!!

Walter
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 03:25:33 PM

Just wanted to take a moment out to congratulate the team on the stability of the latest release of Dash. My masternodes have been running like clockwork since the latest update on 28th September 2015. Not missed a beat. No restarts. No crashes. 100% up time. This is exceptional considering this is alpha software Smiley

Most solid release yet here too. Not a hiccup since launch.
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 04:00:11 PM

It's quote obvious the bitcointalk moderators are fist deep involved failero coin, thats probably they reason they're deleting post by Otoh but keep posts from failero trolls visible.

I'll repost this which will explain the mods behavior.
----------------------------------------------------------
More mass deletions happening.
Yet troll comments are still up.
Interesting....

After further review, there is a fairly simple explanation.

Bitcoin Maximalism

Bitcoin Maximalism is the belief that Bitcoin is in fact the One Coin To Rule Them All.  The "first mover advantage" is strong with this one.  Bitcoin was the first crypto currency to gain world wide attention.  According to this belief, all problems within Bitcoin can be solved either internally (block size debate) or as a supplementary feature (sidechains).  The true believers of Bitcoin Maximalism must use strategies of crush and absorb when better ideas come along.  This will maintain their position for as long as possible. There are VERY large stake holders that are betting on Bitcoin.

An excellent example of this problem solving is DASH.  There are inherent weaknesses in Bitcoin that have been revealed after field testing.  Transaction speed and fungibility are easy to point out.  DASH has implemented vast improvements in these (and other) areas that Bitcoin will find challenging to absorb.  Therefore, it must be crushed.

The Mods of this forum are true believers in Bitcoin Maximalism, and they have far and away the most popular crypto forum on the Internet.  Why not use the platform to your own advantage?  Some of the best and brighest minds in the industry freely post their ideas here.  This helps Bitcoin by getting free business intelligence.  Trolling on online forums is not new, and is even worse in some corners of the web.  People who have time and money invested in Altcoin A sometimes think that trolling Altcoin B will help A succeed.  This in turn starts all out war when Alcoin B attacks Altcoin C, who in turn attacks Altcoin A.  Ask yourself who stands to gain by this activity?  The Bitcoin Maximalists of course.  The term for the army of Monero trolls congregating here is "useful idiots".

What can be done?

The initial first-mover advantage will last for a period of time, only to be replaced by the "Fast Follower".  Ford Motor Company was the first mass produced manufacturer of cars.  Within a short time, General Motors was outselling them by offering something Ford would not.  By following a stragtegy of innovation, combined with focusing on getting the word out, DASH has an excellent chance of succeeding in the Digital Cash realm.

Thanks for this... So true.

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
johnambush

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 04:06:21 PM

I bought DASH for more than 0.01 BTC and I'm still waiting for the price increase. I lost almost %40 of my investment. What should I do right now? I'm waiting for a long time.

Comparing to BTC it is correct, but comparing to dollar you lost less because BTC was below 250$. I know I will continue to buy and hold at this cheap prices. I can't advice you what to do but I told you what will I do. Do what you think it is best for you and good luck Smiley
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 04:33:49 PM

Anyone have the link to the masternode count graph?

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 04:35:26 PM

Anyone have the link to the masternode count graph?

http://178.254.18.153/~pub/masternode_count.png
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 04:58:01 PM

Hey...thanks for posting!  Just firing up 2 new masternodes in the next 15 minutes...and maybe a third new one by the end of the day.  YES!

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 05:08:53 PM

Does anyone have any info on what we are to expect with Evolution?

Evan left some clues already:

Requirements:
- Fungibility - All units of the current must be interchangeable (after sending coins they shouldn't have history attached)
- Speed - The currency must be able to compete with credit cards (1-5 second double-spend proof confirmations)
- Governance - The currency must be governed in a decentralized and decisive way
- Funding - The currency must have a permanent decentralized funding source for development, marketing, legal, etc
- Scalability - The currency must be able to scale to billions of transactions per day with 100% decentralization
- Ease Of Use - The currency must be usable by normal every day people

I've been working on DAPI for the last 3 months and there are 8 other devs including Evan working together on Evolution in it's entirety that I have met so far, plus around 40 other people I count in the Dash team contributing to varying degrees behind the scenes, I don't think that's obvious here on Bitcointalk Smiley  

I think Evan will start to release details publicly starting with the Miami conference, what i can say from my view is I think that Evolution will be the first time a crypto-currency will be capable to satisfy a mainstream user-base, enough so that I am winding up my day-job to do this full time in Q1 and there is another dev last week that did the same who is the lead Android dev at his company and more people will follow i'm sure.  

What I am expecting from Evolution is to break the barrier to mainstream adoption that all crypto currencies have faced up to now, and I think that's why most of the other devs are here too, although I can only speak for myself Smiley

Wow, I didn't realize you were also coming to Dash full time!  Amazing!  Thank you!

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
mjsrs

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 05:09:22 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2015, 05:21:43 PM by mjsrs

Don't know if you already know this one:

http://dash-stats.com

Edit:
and this twitter bot registers the count too
https://twitter.com/dashmasternode

https://dash-stats.com XoPGniokL6rRahoKviBza8oqWSTyUQPkAF
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 05:36:04 PM

Yes I agree that at the mining level or forking the block chain with enough computational power is an issue (inherent with any coin using a similar consensus model for verification of transactions), BUT that is not the issue we are discussing as that is merely determining the block/ledger for which a coin stores transactions. The item of topic was "privacy" and how Dash's approach has been an "attacker economist" approach.

As far as I am aware, the "attacker economist" approach would also be used for dealing with the possibility of Sybil attacks in a cryptonote coin.

The fee structure would also be an "attacker economist" approach to prevent the blockchain from being bloated to DOA levels (and the coin / transaction network going to the grave), due to the problematic scaling and bloat of ring signatures at high mixing level.

What scaling problem exactly are you referring to here? ^

lol, what scaling problem. are you serious?
 y'all have so many scaling problems it's hard to know which one to address i guess. i'm sure your devs will fix all the "easy" to solve scaling problems right after they figure out how to throw together a "complicated" official GUI wallet. Grin

That's been addressed time and again. A GUI wallet is a LOT less of a priority than making shit work correctly and documenting the code. If they spent their time making a GUI wallet for 0.9 instead, you'd be bitching about the RAM usage. There's no winning with you guys here - you got a nice, somewhat clean and complete codebase to work off of, and even get to merge BTC commits that fix shit if you wanna. XMR devs are damned near alone with the codebase, and it's far from clean and complete, even obfuscated in parts.

May I ask why you continue to support a project that is clearly in such disarray?

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 05:53:09 PM

Thread was in danger of turning into a pleasant exchange of views there.

Looks like it's been rescued from such a perilous fate.
volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 06:07:34 PM

Didn't you had already RageQuit the forum with this 'goodbye cruel world' post?

It's disappointing you're going to stick around and continue to call the mods and I "Nazis."

I don't suggest you do that to people in real life.  Never know when you may find a Bill Buckley type willing to punch you in the face for such insulting fighting words.

I'd be more than happy to call you a Nazi to your face as that is what you are by your professed support for the French National Front and exploitation of the extremist murders in Paris, the mod/s are in the sense of 'spelling nazis' as you well know. I said that I would be here less and anyway your opinions matter less to me than a gnat's piss.

For all of your complaints about what you called "modnazis" the entirely off-topic quoted post(s) of yours to which I am responding have not been deleted, despite your Godwinning and internet tough guy threats.  Yet I seem to be unable to respond to such risible nonsense without being moderated.  Strangely enough, I can't even post a link to the Meta thread I made to split the conversation off into an appropriate sub, despite that being the standard procedure here.

I assume the issue is that Dash Defenders report my posts, but not yours.  What convenient hypocrisy; so typical of the DashHole cult.

You want to talk about "exploitation of the extremist murders in Paris?"  OK, how about this?

"Climate change root cause of Syrian war: Britain's Prince Charles"

That is beyond asinine; no wonder we find this headline accompanying the previous one:

"French far-right sees popularity boost after attacks...Le Pen 10 point lead..."

Please follow through on your professed intention to ragequit this forum (where you claim to be "treated like a nigga"), and fork off to DashCoinTalk or whatever safe circlejerking space you feel most unchallenged at.   Smiley

It doesn't matter that your posts are deleted, because nobody reads them. I was going to switch my GPU farm to mining XMR approx one month ago. BUt because of your antics here I will never go near "Monero". Great job driving miners away from your network, mate  Undecided
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 06:16:43 PM

Is there a list made up some where of all the "stat" sites?

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 06:20:12 PM

It's quote obvious the bitcointalk moderators are fist deep involved failero coin, thats probably they reason they're deleting post by Otoh but keep posts from failero trolls visible.

I'll repost this which will explain the mods behavior.
----------------------------------------------------------
More mass deletions happening.
Yet troll comments are still up.
Interesting....

After further review, there is a fairly simple explanation.

Indeed there is. Many of what Dash supporters call 'troll comments' are on-topic comments about Dash that happen to be critical of it, while any of the posts from Dash supporters are about other coins, personalities, complaining about moderation, or otherwise off-topic. Forum mods are doing their job, that's all.
DrkLvr_

Activity: 724

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 06:24:21 PM

It doesn't matter that your posts are deleted, because nobody reads them. I was going to switch my GPU farm to mining XMR approx one month ago. BUt because of your antics here I will never go near "Monero". Great job driving miners away from your network, mate  Undecided

Do you "never go near" the Dollar because it's a primary source of terrorist funding? Do you "never go near" Bitcoin because that fat bastard Mark Kerpales scammed $500,000,000?

The ignorance and hypocrisy coming from Dashtards in general and you volvoya in particular is astonishing.

People like you not going anywhere near Monero give it more credibility imo. The ignorant should stick to Dash.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 06:26:14 PM

That's been addressed time and again. A GUI wallet is a LOT less of a priority than making shit work correctly and documenting the code. If they spent their time making a GUI wallet for 0.9 instead, you'd be bitching about the RAM usage. There's no winning with you guys here - you got a nice, somewhat clean and complete codebase to work off of, and even get to merge BTC commits that fix shit if you wanna. XMR devs are damned near alone with the codebase, and it's far from clean and complete, even obfuscated in parts.

That's true.  Our technology is based off a tried and true system, and it integrates seamlessly with existing interfaces already built for the Bitcoin infrastructure.  All we had to do is fix all the downfalls of Bitcoin.  Monero is starting from, well, a completely new and complex, unreadable, unverifiable project, Bytecoin.  I don't know what's going on behind the scenes but it's been almost a year, and I have no idea if any work has been done on monero since?  Personally, even if you can prove that nothing bad can happen to the coin, like more coins being created than are supposed to be, or double spend resistant.  The bloat and fact that it is so behind current technology means if it's at all possible for Monero to succeed it'll be so late, zerocoin will already be out.

Currently Monero and other cryptonote projects are only interested in one thing.  Hiding transactions completely. Dash, on the other hand, obscures ownership of coins so they can not be traced, period,  They can't be traced after a single mixing, but we can mix as many times as we like, and this enables us to be infinitely certain no malicious  masternodes were able to record what happened with the funds.  Even obscurity, with the added unintended consequence of inability to externally verify anything, including how many coins are produced, mixing is only slightly less secure.  The trade off is obviously a big deal.  Fungibility vs obscurity, like Toknormal always says, it's no contest even on Monero's one and only offering.

But Dash doesn't stop there.  Dash is instant, it will soon be super easy and more secure than ever for non-techie folk to use.  And lord knows what else the guys n gals at Dash Core have coming up.  They sure do seem excited, moreso than any time before.  And look what has already been created!  I don't know about you, but the team has me unable to sit still in my seat, I'm so excited!

Frankly,  Monero has so many flaws and has so little support, I can't understand why you all keep coming over here to flaunt it.  Even if it's not obvious to you, it's obvious to everyone here that Monero isn't going to go anywhere, and you're definitely not winning over any hearts and minds from this thread.

It's either desperation of Monero people (maybe it helps, as I can't see why in the world Monero is so high on the market cap list)  Or pure envy and jealousy and mental illness, or are you all paid trolls from governments and banking institutions?  I don't know, but you won't stop Dash.  Dash is the best thing out there, most well thought out and functional solution.  I don't see anything in the way, except for mass adoption, which will be plenty difficult for any coin to achieve.  In fact, unless you want to kill cryptos, you should be working with us instead of against us, toward mass adoption.  I'm sure, for some, Monero could be used as another layer of mixing.  Some people put a lot of faith in complex math.  I like the beauty of simplicity.  As Einsteain said, "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."  That's beautiful, and so is 3 input mixing.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
DrkLvr_

Activity: 724

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 06:33:46 PM

That's true.  Our technology is based off a tried and true system, and it integrates seamlessly with existing interfaces already built for the Bitcoin infrastructure.  All we had to do is fix all the downfalls of Bitcoin.  Monero is starting from, well, a completely new and complex, unreadable, unverifiable project, Bytecoin.  I don't know what's going on behind the scenes but it's been almost a year, and I have no idea if any work has been done on monero since?  Personally, even if you can prove that nothing bad can happen to the coin, like more coins being created than are supposed to be, or double spend resistant.  The bloat and fact that it is so behind current technology means if it's at all possible for Monero to succeed it'll be so late, zerocoin will already be out.

Currently Monero and other cryptonote projects are only interested in one thing.  Hiding transactions completely. Dash, on the other hand, obscures ownership of coins so they can not be traced, period,  They can't be traced after a single mixing, but we can mix as many times as we like, and this enables us to be infinitely certain no malicious  masternodes were able to record what happened with the funds.  Even obscurity, with the added unintended consequence of inability to externally verify anything, including how many coins are produced, mixing is only slightly less secure.  The trade off is obviously a big deal.  Fungibility vs obscurity, like Toknormal always says, it's no contest even on Monero's one and only offering.

But Dash doesn't stop there.  Dash is instant, it will soon be super easy and more secure than ever for non-techie folk to use.  And lord knows what else the guys n gals at Dash Core have coming up.  They sure do seem excited, moreso than any time before.  And look what has already been created!  I don't know about you, but the team has me unable to sit still in my seat, I'm so excited!

Frankly,  Monero has so many flaws and has so little support, I can't understand why you all keep coming over here to flaunt it.  Even if it's not obvious to you, it's obvious to everyone here that Monero isn't going to go anywhere, and you're definitely not winning over any hearts and minds from this thread.

It's either desperation of Monero people (maybe it helps, as I can't see why in the world Monero is so high on the market cap list)  Or pure envy and jealousy and mental illness, or are you all paid trolls from governments and banking institutions?  I don't know, but you won't stop Dash.  Dash is the best thing out there, most well thought out and functional solution.  I don't see anything in the way, except for mass adoption, which will be plenty difficult for any coin to achieve.  In fact, unless you want to kill cryptos, you should be working with us instead of against us, toward mass adoption.  I'm sure, for some, Monero could be used as another layer of mixing.  Some people put a lot of faith in complex math.  I like the beauty of simplicity.  As Einsteain said, "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."  That's beautiful, and so is 3 input mixing.

I have a hard time believing you're just a fat house mom like you say you are. More likely you're another one of the core dev puppets. It's hilarious how you're so ignorant about everything except for Dash, constantly repeating the same misinformation and lies even though countless individuals have corrected you time and again. Is it downright stupidity? Or just another layer of deception by the higher ups involved in Dash?
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 06:40:41 PM

Smooth,

If you go into a public forum and make an announcement, that is not trolling. If you go into the same forum and repeat yourself thousands of times, that *is* trolling. It's not *what* you're saying...it's *how often* you're saying it. The Monero trolls clearly intend for their comments to disrupt this thread, which is a form of trolling.

The good news for you is that since Theymos hates everything that isn't Bitcoin, he and his team of moderators continue to let you spam troll all you want. The bad news for you is that these trolls are doing more to damage your own coin than they are hurting us. Even your supporters like Wolf0 are publicly calling for the trolling to get turned down a notch.

The true irony is that the crypto world is so small and the potential is so large, that there is absolutely no reason why both of our currencies couldn't explode in value and popularity. One day, choosing a financial network could be a lot like choosing a browser, with a market that is equally large. Unfortunately, all this internecine rivalry isn't doing much to speed that day.*

*Other than the fact that trolls have on several occasions given Evan some important ideas that he has used to make Dash stronger.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
Pages: « 1 ... 5395 5396 5397 5398 5399 5400 5401 5402 5403 5404 5405 5406 5407 5408 5409 5410 5411 5412 5413 5414 5415 5416 5417 5418 5419 5420 5421 5422 5423 5424 5425 5426 5427 5428 5429 5430 5431 5432 5433 5434 5435 5436 5437 5438 5439 5440 5441 5442 5443 5444 [5445] 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 5480 5481 5482 5483 5484 5485 5486 5487 5488 5489 5490 5491 5492 5493 5494 5495 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: