Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 11:00:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5412 5413 5414 5415 5416 5417 5418 5419 5420 5421 5422 5423 5424 5425 5426 5427 5428 5429 5430 5431 5432 5433 5434 5435 5436 5437 5438 5439 5440 5441 5442 5443 5444 5445 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 [5462] 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 5480 5481 5482 5483 5484 5485 5486 5487 5488 5489 5490 5491 5492 5493 5494 5495 5496 5497 5498 5499 5500 5501 5502 5503 5504 5505 5506 5507 5508 5509 5510 5511 5512 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722540 times)
pille

Activity: 436
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 03:25:15 PM

And any progress news about the new website?

you mean this one : https://www.dash.org/  ?

No, thats "only" the domain, I know about that. There was a budget about $5000 for a completely new web design and development.
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 03:35:15 PM

Minotaur26 can you tell if this I2P thing is dead please? Or is there still hope? Maybe it's needless with the coming meganet from dotcom anyway.

Hi  the first question is probably better for Evan,  my understanding is that some IP Obfuscation will come through the use of the  Decentralized API, meaning using the masternode network to execute commands so that the actual message comes out of a masternode quorum and not directly from your client thus granting you some privacy.  We are still at early stages so take it with a grain of salt, that is why all available information and ideas will be open for discussion next Sunday so feedback can start and we go to the Miami presentation late January with a model that has been validated with the community and revised where necessary.

About the new website it is going well, although right now the focus is on preparing materials and the presentation for the upcoming conference.  On the website, I think we will have time for community discussion and feedback too we are shooting for early next year but it has a lower priority than the the Bitcoin Miami presentation and Evolution development so that takes precedence.

DrkLvr_

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 04:22:53 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2015, 04:44:03 PM by DrkLvr_

About the new website it is going well, although right now the focus is on preparing materials and the presentation for the upcoming conference.  On the website, I think we will have time for community discussion and feedback too we are shooting for early next year but it has a lower priority than the the Bitcoin Miami presentation and Evolution development so that takes precedence.

From Dastalk.org  https://dashtalk.org/threads/october-2015-budget-proposal.6234/

Website and Design - $5000+ - Part 1 of 2

We have contracted a company to design our new fancy website and develop the software to run it. This is going to be quite the improvement over our existing website and we look forward to showing everyone!

Once we have the website built, we will ask for a second budget to reimburse the rest of the money that was spent.

You have already collected $5000 for this proposal, now suddenly it is "lower priority" ?

Why would your conferences hinder website development thats been contracted out to a third party?

oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 04:42:15 PM

To implement IP obfuscation it would push Evolution back about 2-3 months, then we would use it in v12 for about a year, then throw it out as soon as evolution came along, then I would have to redo the work again....What sense does that make?

We've had this discussion before and in a practical sense, trying to protect the IP addresses of the existing masternodes is pretty pointless when there is a high probability that owners aren't magically going to set up a new instance to get a fresh IP... rather sticking with their existing IP and as such, the masternode list of IPs is already easily available.
BagHolder010

Activity: 283

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 05:05:43 PM

Notice how all of them come from one coin sad haters  Huh this what happens when u have a coin that didn't have any development since they copied their crap from Bytecoin...low grade developers man no wonder they are hating.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
Jestah

Activity: 426

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 05:14:38 PM

To all of you Monero people in our DASH thread:   If you aren't invested here, WHY DO YOU CARE?  Seriously.  All of this misdirected energy should be used in marketing for your own favorite project.  

I just had a revelation...... DASH IS your favorite project and you are pushing DASH's (huge and growing) development team to make it better.  I'm amazed I didn't consider this before.  It's really the only logical reason.

In any event DASH will succeed, XMR possibly might waaaay down the road if development isn't abandoned.  How many Monero developers are active and how many on that team do it full time after they quit their real jobs?  I'm not talking about lifelong basement dwellers who quit their McD's drive through positions either.

Anyone without an agenda can see through the idiocy that keeps getting regurgitated by the XMR fans, so keep bumping the DASH ANN thread we DO appreciate it.
Minotaur26
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 05:16:33 PM

From Dastalk.org  https://dashtalk.org/threads/october-2015-budget-proposal.6234/

We have contracted a company to design our new fancy website and develop the software to run it. This is going to be quite the improvement over our existing website and we look forward to showing everyone!

Once we have the website built, we will ask for a second budget to reimburse the rest of the money that was spent.

You have already collected $5000 for this proposal, now suddenly it is "lower priority" ?

Why would your conferences hinder website development thats been contracted out to a third party?

What I said is that is a lower priority for us than the Bitcoin Miami conference because it is, the conferences represent a prime opportunity to educate important influencers in the industry about the project and those are one time events within the next 2 months while we have a working website that we want to improve.  

I don't know how you work with third parties in your own business but in my experience it requires the project owner to be able to communicate what he wants and work actively with the third parties. We have so far received a couple of design samples and are waiting for two more new options and that is only the graphic design part.  We are also hoping for community feedback and discussion once we  have something to share, but at this point in time our complete focus is on the LATAM conference as we leave for Mexico in a few days.

Thanks for the concern though, I am sure you would do a better job coordinating community projects but since you won't help us, we are doing the best we can.

arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 05:19:16 PM

let's play the coins game  Grin

as if the instamine was not enough..evan and his crew still want to compete with the GPU miners and milk darkcoin with their CPU amazon EC2 miners...no need to cripple miners..lets just cripple darkcoin code and favor CPU.

masternodes concept was posted in feb 21 2014 ..how early was was it in their minds?january 2014? hmmm.

coins emitted february 14, 2014 is 3,276,169

coins now November 30, 2015 is 6M

right now masternodes are still competing with GPU mining for coins......up until now only stupid people are mining.

how many coins did they get? a fuckin LOT

now.. the fishy game Grin

***check the circle jerk guys' date registered..they may have created these new accounts for dash.like Minotaur26(feb 2014), bigr(jan 2014) lebubar(feb 2014) oblox(april 2014) tantestefana (first account) (jan 2014) BagHolder010 (aug 2014) ceti (april 2014)...all first post darkcoin..there maybe others or others that did not created new account/s.

no wonder vertoe is asking..who the hell are these guys?....the foundation members...etc

So yes there is ideology behind this coin : privacy, liberty, freedom, try to make the world less directed by "power" and more with the heart...

I hope that changing the name will not make the ideology behind it change too, otherwhise it will failed.

There's no ideology in something that nobody uses. The ideology's in the design, not the name. Vertoe is justified in leaving over not being consulted but less so over 'ideology'.

It's not a rock song that's being built here it's electronic money.

The name can easily be compromised without any loss of principle but the functionality can't. So Evan has got his priorities right in that regard.

no.

i left because i disagree darkcoin or however it will be called next year is not a decentralized entity. it never was but i ignored it as long as darkcoin was following the same path i was following. the path to total financial privacy. and thats why i am so upset about how this currency is lead by a single person. darkcoin is like an old conservative company with strong hierarchical comamnd structures and a single person on the top of the pyramid. evan duffield. the rebranding using a detergent name was just a step forward in creating something like apple or paypal. fuck this i tell you. what we need is a trustless, decentralized and anonymous currency. darkcoin is not decentralized as it still relies on a single person. and this reaches deep into the code base.

the core devs were just a bunch of volunteers exploited for the big thing. the extended darkcoin team was the same with even a lower place to sit on that pyramid. and what was the darkcoin foundation again? right, something to reserve some rights on some names and collect money. who nominated and voted for the foundation board? who does even know who are these guys? how did we learn about the foundation? from local news papers! the team listings kept counting names of people nobody ever noticed before. and they never committed anything visible to the community or the repository. and i was spending 25 hours a day monitory everything that happened in the darkcoin community for more than a year. the things going on here are fishy, intransparent and rely on a single entity.

i will get out and and will contribute to something decentralized and anonymous. i always hoped darkcoin could fill that void. i cant blame anyone to stay with this project. you are probably investors trying to win a gold donkey. or you are simply trying to exploit every possible vector of profit in the coins space. whatever. you are not here because darkcoin is something it claims to be.

if you disagree with my statement above, i dont care, but answer that simple question: what if evan duffield suddenly announces he quits the project tomorrow morning?

good luck

vertoe was used in my opinion/theory......the big thing?

question: what is the exit strategy for the big thing? 100 million $ 200 million $ ....mark karpeles choose millions of $ gotcha  Grin Grin

gonna sleep now in the other side of the globe...good morning there.
volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 05:31:19 PM

Trolls are good for one thing and one thing only :

Providing a good laugh once a while to anyone reading this forum

Unifying and strenghtening a community

For sacrifice purposes, to appease the crypto gods

To put on ignore

One thing? Where did you learn to count?  Grin
Back, you troll!  Cheesy Cheesy Grin
DrkLvr_

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 05:45:51 PM

WHY DO YOU CARE?  Seriously.  Cry

DASH is being marketed as "a direct competitor to Bitcoin"

People who love Bitcoin and believe in it are understandably opposed to standing idly by while an instamine scam shitcoin like DASH and its deceptive and greedy developers continue their marketing efforts.

Anyway, why do you care that anyone cares? I thought all publicity was good publicity. Are you not enjoying all the free publicity?
DrkLvr_

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 05:52:14 PM

What I said is that is a lower priority for us than the Bitcoin Miami conference because it is, the conferences represent a prime opportunity to educate important influencers in the industry about the project and those are one time events within the next 2 months while we have a working website that we want to improve.  

I don't know how you work with third parties in your own business but in my experience it requires the project owner to be able to communicate what he wants and work actively with the third parties. We have so far received a couple of design samples and are waiting for two more new options and that is only the graphic design part.  We are also hoping for community feedback and discussion once we  have something to share, but at this point in time our complete focus is on the LATAM conference as we leave for Mexico in a few days.

Thanks for the concern though, I am sure you would do a better job coordinating community projects but since you won't help us, we are doing the best we can.

I don't know how you conduct business but in my experience the project owner's wants are outlined clearly to the third party, well before asking investors for funding. If you haven't even gotten far enough into discussions with the third party to determine your wants, what did you base your website development cost estimates on?
Minotaur26
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 05:56:45 PM

WHY DO YOU CARE?  Seriously.  Cry

People who love Bitcoin and believe in it are understandably opposed to standing idly by while an instamine scam shitcoin like DASH and its deceptive and greedy developers continue their marketing efforts.

Anyway, why do you care that anyone cares? I thought all publicity was good publicity. Are you not enjoying all the free publicity?

Dash is contributing to Bitcoin by experimenting in a different direction without affecting BTC. If the Dash experiments turn out to be positive then Bitcoin can learn from them without taking any of the risks Dash is taking in the process of development.  I don't know who you have been talking to, but a lot of early bitcoiners I know personally, appreciate that Dash is experimenting and trying new things as that is good for the industry in general.

People who love crypto just want to see the industry succeed and appreciate new developments wherever they come from.
DrkLvr_

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 06:04:47 PM

WHY DO YOU CARE?  Seriously.  Cry

Dash is contributing to Bitcoin by experimenting in a different direction without affecting BTC. If the Dash experiments turn out to be positive then Bitcoin can learn from them without taking any of the risks Dash is taking in the process of development.  I don't know who you have been talking to, but a lot of early bitcoiners I know personally, appreciate that Dash is experimenting and trying new things as that is good for the industry in general.

People who love crypto just want to see the industry succeed and appreciate new developments wherever they come from.

The only thing Dash is experimenting with is how to fleece the crypto community most effectively. I think Gmaxwell said it best:

From what I can tell the only purpose DarkCoin serves is to depress me about the state of humanity. -gmaxwell
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2015, 06:43:45 PM

Wow, a very informative thread this morning. I have a lot of material to share. Thanks to Minotaur and eduffield for their responses.

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2015, 07:35:59 PM

Hello all. I've opened a store that sells coffee and snacks in exchange for cryptocurrency - and we accept Dash! Please come check us out at http://www.cryptomercado.com - US customers only for right now. Thanks!

https://twitter.com/taoofsatoshi/status/671049767573680128

Sub-Ether

Activity: 434

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 07:38:42 PM

Charts of the day,
http://coin.dance/charts
Some of the best charts to indicate true market conditions(hard to fake volume), look at Russia go go go Grin
I could see somewhere like Kenya or Nigeria being next in line for a bull run in Africa (after South Africa)

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
bigrcanada

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2015, 08:59:25 PM

Reported Sad

Indeed. Though it's not a moderator you're in need of, it's a dictionary.

Here's a helping hand..

adam white  Sad

Yup indeed... Good afternoon Adam Wink  we sooooo  missed your positive feedback here.. Lol.

Adam White -  Troll  Embarrassed

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 10:11:58 PM

***check the circle jerk guys' date registered..they may have created these new accounts for dash.like Minotaur26(feb 2014), bigr(jan 2014) lebubar(feb 2014) oblox(april 2014) tantestefana (first account) (jan 2014) BagHolder010 (aug 2014) ceti (april 2014) and most important TaoOfSaatoshi...all first post darkcoin..there maybe others or others that did not created new account/s.

Fuck off.

Hee hee, I'm mentioned again!  I like not feeling invisable..... er.... but what was the point?  I'm a circle jerker?  LOL.  Too funny!

Yeah, can I join the group too? I'm feeling left out!  Cheesy
Someone mention my name?
What? Where? Why?
Definitely Tao!

And a note, I got so rich on Dash/Darkcoin/Xcoin that my roof still leaks, actually worse, my windows still let the wind through the house (earthquake '94) and our pool is still leaking and in terrible shape because we made so much money!  I really enjoy living like this!  LOL.  And that's why I'm trying to help scam the world, not because I think this project is amazing and may very well change the world for the good, no, can't be that!

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2015, 10:44:17 PM

***check the circle jerk guys' date registered..they may have created these new accounts for dash.like Minotaur26(feb 2014), bigr(jan 2014) lebubar(feb 2014) oblox(april 2014) tantestefana (first account) (jan 2014) BagHolder010 (aug 2014) ceti (april 2014) and most important TaoOfSaatoshi...all first post darkcoin..there maybe others or others that did not created new account/s.

Fuck off.

Hee hee, I'm mentioned again!  I like not feeling invisable..... er.... but what was the point?  I'm a circle jerker?  LOL.  Too funny!

Yeah, can I join the group too? I'm feeling left out!  Cheesy
Someone mention my name?
What? Where? Why?
Definitely Tao!

And a note, I got so rich on Dash/Darkcoin/Xcoin that my roof still leaks, actually worse, my windows still let the wind through the house (earthquake '94) and our pool is still leaking and in terrible shape because we made so much money!  I really enjoy living like this!  LOL.  And that's why I'm trying to help scam the world, not because I think this project is amazing and may very well change the world for the good, no, can't be that!
LOL. Thanks Tante! And it's nice to know you're living large off of the proceeds of the "scam"...

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 11:44:14 PM

We took down Dash by posting negativity in their thread.

See.

Our crypto tech is better.

Embarrassed

Pages: « 1 ... 5412 5413 5414 5415 5416 5417 5418 5419 5420 5421 5422 5423 5424 5425 5426 5427 5428 5429 5430 5431 5432 5433 5434 5435 5436 5437 5438 5439 5440 5441 5442 5443 5444 5445 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 [5462] 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 5480 5481 5482 5483 5484 5485 5486 5487 5488 5489 5490 5491 5492 5493 5494 5495 5496 5497 5498 5499 5500 5501 5502 5503 5504 5505 5506 5507 5508 5509 5510 5511 5512 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: