Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:43:51 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5415 5416 5417 5418 5419 5420 5421 5422 5423 5424 5425 5426 5427 5428 5429 5430 5431 5432 5433 5434 5435 5436 5437 5438 5439 5440 5441 5442 5443 5444 5445 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 [5465] 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 5480 5481 5482 5483 5484 5485 5486 5487 5488 5489 5490 5491 5492 5493 5494 5495 5496 5497 5498 5499 5500 5501 5502 5503 5504 5505 5506 5507 5508 5509 5510 5511 5512 5513 5514 5515 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722673 times)
megges

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 08:33:11 AM

If the max supply of dash is let's say 25,000,000 (i can't remember the max at it is dependent on difficulty?) that means that the maximum amount of masternodes that could exist is 25,000 using my example cap. I'm pretty sure there are more bank locations than 25,000 world wide.

What happens when 1000 dash costs $1,000,000? Isn't that a problem when you have such a high barrier to entry? It doesn't sound like decentralization but quite the opposite.

It's like the barrier to entry of opening your own bank location (you have to have $X to do so).

If the collateral to run a masternode would be a "higher barrier", because of price, we could reduce the required collateral.
There should be no real disadvantage for the ones who already own a masternode, because they could split their 1000 vin into new masternodes and will get the same share from the block reward as before.
So we could scale to more "locations".
Ofc you could argue that Masternode owners would have to pay more for the network connection/location/traffic/...., but in that case the price of DASH should be assumed higher and so that is not really a problem, because the "return" would also be higher in that case.

Btw if i remember right Evan posted on this some time ago, and his idea was also to lower the collateral in that case of "problem".

tip me! Tongue XtSrWch1U3BsTBFBHj7acTTzxFo1fy5BMa
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 08:45:38 AM

What happens when 1000 dash costs $1,000,000

Is that supposed to be a criticism ?   Huh

smoothie logic: hey - gold has a high value, thats a "barrier to entry".

It sure is, I'll give you that  Wink
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 09:11:04 AM

So now we're resorting to trolling me, really? I lurked BCT long before I registered thank you very much, not that I need prove anything else for that matter.

so you and your circle jerk buddies just lurk there in the dark and...boom suddenly you all registered when darkcoin was released?

c'mon you can do better than that  Wink
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 09:13:11 AM

Grin.Seriously...I love the staying power of our troll/followers and I encourage more of the same Baloney.  So sad...I'm actually starting to feel empathy and sadness for the lot of you. 

well...hello there mr bigratcanada  Wink so..you are the big guy here...happen to know what is the big thing vertoe is referring to?

the core devs were just a bunch of volunteers exploited for the big thing.

arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 09:18:40 AM

Buying some DAShcoin. Expecting double value a week or two

want some dashcoin buddy? i'll give you for free  Grin

the "true dash" just say so and i'll give ya Wink https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1020627.0
alex-ru
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 09:25:57 AM
Last edit: November 30, 2015, 09:45:44 AM by alex-ru

So now we're resorting to trolling me, really? I lurked BCT long before I registered thank you very much, not that I need prove anything else for that matter.

so you and your circle jerk buddies just lurk there in the dark and...boom suddenly you all registered when darkcoin was released?

c'mon you can do better than that  Wink

Sherlock Holmes, have you analyzed which % of current BCT-users was registered in the beginning of 2014, after Bitcoin had had the "over 1000 usd" pump-dump?
Look at your date of registration... Cheesy

The more unusual fact is:
iCEBREAKER Date Registered: June 02, 2011
smoothie      Date Registered: June 18, 2011

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 09:47:56 AM

Is that supposed to be a criticism ?   Huh

It sure is, I'll give you that  Wink

Look at your broken logic.

I can buy 1 gram of gold for $50.

I can't buy 1 "gram" of  a masternode for $X. (you can't buy a fractional amount of a masternode).

Buying gold has nothing to do with being a "mastergoldnode"....<----doesn't exist.

The barrier to entry exists for dash...not for gold.

Go back to the drawing board and come up with a better point of view that makes sense.

Spin moar, I like the way you dance.  Roll Eyes

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 09:48:44 AM

Some interesting sums changing hands on Huobi right now.

100k to Quarter of a million dollar single trades every few seconds Weekly volume has broken all records - even last month's big rally. It's phenomenal.

If Dash can deliver a blockchain that is as transparent and accessible as bitcoin's while simultaneously making one address's contents look indistinguishable from another, it will truly be approaching the holy grail of monetary media.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 09:51:58 AM

Sherlock Holmes, have you analyzed which % of current BCT-users was registered in the beginning of 2014, after Bitcoin had had the "over 1000 usd" pump-dump?
Look at your date of registration... Cheesy

The more unusual fact is:
iCEBREAKER Date Registered: June 02, 2011
smoothie      Date Registered: June 18, 2011

oh now I'm ice breaker? Is that the theory?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Sheesh even myself and ICE know we arent the same person. We have had it out many times on this forum.

Do your homework. We don't agree on everything...but what we do agree on is what DASH is and what DASH isn't.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 09:52:58 AM

I can't buy 1 "gram" of  a masternode for $X. (you can't buy a fractional amount of a masternode).

Maybe you didn't read this:

....bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are *base money*. You can't run a financial system on base money alone - at least not a developed one. It would be like trying to ride the tour-de-france in bottom gear the whole way round, including the mountain stages.

Layers evolve on top of it which disperse the wealth.

For example, lets take a hypothetical scenario where Bitcoin captures 0.1% (one tenth of one percent) or world asset marketcap. Meanwhile, Dash captures one percent (1%) of Bitcoin's marketcap. (It's currently at a quarter of one percent BTC marketcap).

That would put the value of masternode collateral at around half a million dollars ($500,000).

Lets say that's enough of a cap for a certain institutional - such as trade union, pension fund, corporate trust, whatever, to at least hedge into 10 masternodes which would represent a capital sum of $5 million fiat equivalent.

The annualised return on that element of their portfolio (at today's payout levels) would be around $350,000 (350 thousand dollars) if realised, just from blockchain revenue alone.  Remember that masternode revenue as mining revenue is not fiat gain until you cash into dollars and coming against that is a constant increase in coin supply through mining, so it's possibly not as great a return as that but still measurable.

However, the corporate fund has that money invested on behalf of its subscribers who may number in the 100's of thousands. Moreover, although there is "counterparty risk" for the fund subscribers, there is none for the fund (necessarily) since they are at liberty to manage the base asset - the blockchain keys - themselves if they so choose.

Working:

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 09:56:03 AM

Maybe you didn't read this:

... deflecting and distracting

I don't need to read it.

I just read your broken argument that because gold is expensive per oz (over $1000) that means there is a "barrier" to entry when comparing it to Dash. As if that justifies it.

Your logic is broken. Comparing gold's price to dash is silly in the context of "barrier" to entry.

You can't break a master node up into pieces and buy portions of it...

keep dancing  Cheesy

P.S. since you didnt quote the entirety of what I was responding to here it is again:

Is that supposed to be a criticism ?   Huh

It sure is, I'll give you that  Wink

Look at your broken logic.

Buying gold has nothing to do with being a "mastergoldnode"....<----doesn't exist.

The barrier to entry exists for dash...not for gold.

Go back to the drawing board and come up with a better point of view that makes sense.

Spin moar, I like the way you dance.  Roll Eyes

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 10:03:16 AM

I don't need to read it.

I think you do  Wink
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 10:04:28 AM

I don't need to read it.

I think you do  Wink

It doesn't matter what you think given your track record of broken logic to spin things to suit your agenda.  Roll Eyes

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 10:11:23 AM

spent

LoL !

Try to keep your toys in the pram Wink
patrolman

Activity: 447

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 10:18:24 AM

Please tell these websites that their pooled masternode services can't exist. If they ask why, just tell them because smoothie said so, that should convince them. If that doesn't work tell them their logic is broken.

https://masternode.me/
https://node40.com/#/
http://dash.org.ru/pages/mn-en.php
http://regato.io/
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 10:28:16 AM

Please tell these websites that their pooled masternode services can't exist. If they ask why, just tell them because smoothie said so, that should convince them. If that doesn't work tell them their logic is broken.

Oh hai Dasher #12

One phrase comes to mind: "If you don't hold it (in your possession) you don't own it".

lol let's now introduce a 3rd party into the whole discussion of owning a masternode. lol

Throw COUNTER-PARTY RISK into the mix as well.

Great idea!

Grin Grin Grin

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 10:51:38 AM

I'll leave one final post on this matter:

Yep, pretty much the only way to post those logos. Never had a need to register here since I was on HardForum (lurked there for years before registering in Nov 2013) and didn't feel the need to post to add anything... If I recall my story in crypto, I started mining LTC/FTC/DGC/DOGE, then multimining alts for BTC with Wafflepool/Middlecoin/ScryptGuild, rolled the proceeds into BC/BLK, rode that up and got pretty deep into DRK around 0.000138-.00014 (and anyone could have for that matter as I remember the price sticking around there for months before it's epic May rise). Everything about that REKT post still holds true. I didn't mine it at launch, I wasn't aware of the instamine in the beginning because XCoin wasn't even on my radar before it name changed and I had the BTC available to purchase some. It sucked that the launch was the way it was.... I think everyone wishes they could have mined it back in the beginning but hindsight is 20/20. I got involved into Darkcoin at the time because there really wasn't anything around that filled the privacy niche, the core driver of my investment.

It's no different than me holding SDC and XMR... as a matter of fact, my only holdings at the moment are BTC, DASH, and XMR. I have been partially responsible for some of the large dumps earlier this year being that I held over 100k of XMR.

It's a shame that a few of you continue to leave such a sour image for Monero instead of using all your efforts to continue focusing on growing your own coin. I didn't invest into XMR because of any of you--I invested into it because it fits the privacy niche and utilizes a completely different codebase than Bitcoin representing a nice hedge in the event of potential exploits in Bitcoin's codebase.

The fact that you want to resort your attacks now into saying I'm magically part of the Darkcoin launch or a puppet account is just sad. Last I checked, April wasn't January. Good detective work bro.
patrolman

Activity: 447

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 10:54:24 AM

One phrase comes to mind: "If you don't hold it (in your possession) you don't own it".

lol let's now introduce a 3rd party into the whole discussion of owning a masternode. lol

Great idea!

Grin Grin Grin

Nobody's forced to do it, it's an option that is available.

Another option is pooling resources with trusted friends or family members, if you don't trust them, you could be in charge of the keys (although perhaps having to trust you could be problematic). You could even sign a binding contact specifying terms with others if you really wanted to. I'm sure a trustless multisig option will be available in the future, or perhaps the devs will come up with some other way of sharing masternodes. There are several options available right now and there will no doubt be more in the future.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 11:03:26 AM

Great idea!

Grin Grin Grin

Nobody's forced to do it, it's an option that is available.

Another option is pooling resources with trusted friends or family members, if you don't trust them, you could be in charge of the keys (although perhaps having to trust you could be problematic). You could even sign a binding contact specifying terms with others if you really wanted to. I'm sure a trustless multisig option will be available in the future, or perhaps the devs will come up with some other way of sharing masternodes. There are several options available right now and there will no doubt be more in the future.

Your point is MOOT.

The whole discussion was about ACTUALLY OWNING a masternode. And the BARRIER to entry that DASH presents users of ACTUALLY owning a master node as opposed the non-barrier of owning any size portion of gold you want (gram, mg, etc).

You can hold gold in your possession in a tiny quantity. You can't do that with a MASTERNODE.

The barrier to entry does not apply to precious metals.

The barrier does exist with Masternodes of Dash.

If you purchase a "share" of a masternode from a 3rd party you have the following problems:

1. It is not in your possession.

2. You don't actually control it (no matter how much a 3rd party tells you that you have a say). They can vote/use it how they want.

You are attempting to prove that my statement about Toknormal's broken logic was unjustified because "people can buy into the theatrics of owning a portion of a masternode via a 3rd party centralized service".

You failed miserably to make your point sir.

Wink

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

ljm81new_again

Activity: 302

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 11:08:24 AM

Yer i can smell the desperation too and its not from dash lol.. now people know the manipulation is mainly coming
from poloniex.com i think their having a tough time keeping control of both markets at poloniex and at trex simultaneously it would seem.

Time to take this market back to trex and add some pressure, attack where the force is weak so to speak  Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 5415 5416 5417 5418 5419 5420 5421 5422 5423 5424 5425 5426 5427 5428 5429 5430 5431 5432 5433 5434 5435 5436 5437 5438 5439 5440 5441 5442 5443 5444 5445 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 [5465] 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 5480 5481 5482 5483 5484 5485 5486 5487 5488 5489 5490 5491 5492 5493 5494 5495 5496 5497 5498 5499 5500 5501 5502 5503 5504 5505 5506 5507 5508 5509 5510 5511 5512 5513 5514 5515 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: