Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 02:32:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5444 5445 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 5480 5481 5482 5483 5484 5485 5486 5487 5488 5489 5490 5491 5492 5493 [5494] 5495 5496 5497 5498 5499 5500 5501 5502 5503 5504 5505 5506 5507 5508 5509 5510 5511 5512 5513 5514 5515 5516 5517 5518 5519 5520 5521 5522 5523 5524 5525 5526 5527 5528 5529 5530 5531 5532 5533 5534 5535 5536 5537 5538 5539 5540 5541 5542 5543 5544 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722629 times)
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 01:29:35 AM

I have one theory of what is behind some coins price movements, DASH too. My country is devastated right now with cryptolocker 4. As bitcoiner I am called every day now, ppl want bitcoins to pay ( you have to pay in BTC if you want your files to be unlocked ) . To my view, waves of BTC payments  are on time with BTC price spikes ( last month). Also it looks to me that Hackers use DASH and maybe MONERO to hide BTC trails. Call me paranoic but... Maybe somebody knows more about this?

P.S. I just backed all my important files to cold storage what I recommend to all!

I had one of those once
I just booted to safe mode as soon as it came up and than ran the System Restore in WIN7

fixed in less-than 5 mins :-D

I won't be paying anybody anything  :-P
v.4 ? No, not this one.
someredguy

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 01:31:13 AM

Hi team.   What may be a silly question, does anyone know where one can buy DASH with fiat fairly simply?  For example... We start a staff fund where we take xyz amount from our weekly sales and buy real time some DASH for cash either through visa, debit card, PayPal etc etc... We are looking to do this as a weekly staff thing.

BRC, I would be happy to facilitate this for you, via PayPal or by transfers to my US bank accounts, no fees, PM for details.

https://www.dash.org/direct-purchase/
or
https://www.dash.org/exchanges/

are great places to look for lists/sites, too

Dash - Fast, anonymous, digital cash.  http://www.dash.org
stan.distortion

Activity: 317
Merit: 1012

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 01:32:48 AM

Privacy & Fungibility
NOTE: The full details of this new system will be discussed in a separate paper.

The most important part.

True but there's plenty of seriously cool stuff in there:

To make use of current generation internet technology, we allow usage of the network via HTTP
using a REST API. By allowing users to download an SDK of all DAPI functionality, we allow
websites to do on­website purchases. The transaction can be performed entirely on the Dash
network, from start to finish by reaching out to a random Masternode, executing the command
on a local quorum, then retrieving data or updating data on DashDrive.

Curious about the trolls methods? http://pastebin.com/irj4Fyd5
Manipulation of public discussion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bYAQ-ZZtEU
someredguy

Activity: 82

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 01:32:52 AM

Ok, this has to be said. Evan straight up killed it tonight. Calm, cool and collected. Had the audience hanging on his every word. I can't WAIT to get my hands on that video for promotion. Great to be a Dash team member tonight!

Great job to Evan, Daniel, and Lebubar.

Grin

Agreed.

Viva la Dash!

Dash - Fast, anonymous, digital cash.  http://www.dash.org
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 01:37:08 AM

Hi team.   What may be a silly question, does anyone know where one can buy DASH with fiat fairly simply?  For example... We start a staff fund where we take xyz amount from our weekly sales and buy real time some DASH for cash either through visa, debit card, PayPal etc etc... We are looking to do this as a weekly staff thing.

a prelude to a hype  Grin
pille

Activity: 436
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 01:39:46 AM

Read the PDFs my friends, so much to discover. You can only guess how much work got into that.

For example:

5.1 Fiat Conversion
Dash Evolution will also give users the ability to convert to and from fiat using using converters.
These are special users that provide another service for the network and are paid a percentage
of the transaction to process it. Converters will be rated by users who do business with them,
and this reputation will be crucial in helping other users decide which converters are most
reliable and trustworthy. The result will be a safe and global fiat conversion network.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2015, 01:46:12 AM

what DarkCoin does is highly centralized

"masternodes" "does not sound like" something decenteralized, "it sounds like" something that creates a small chokepoint which could be used to deanonymize its users, like a server based CoinJoin but worse since you have to hold a huge pile of coins to run a server.

"Does not sound like" and "it sounds like" do not qualify as scientific observations by any stretch of the imagination. These are the ramblings of an individual who has absolutely no clue how Dash works.

Gmax invented coinjoin, the mixing algorithm Darkcoin broke, bastardized, and rebranded as 'Darksend.'

Obviously, his opinions are those of one with the highest possible levels of expertise.

His opinions could also be perceived to be highly biased as he has been jumping into (wrong) conclusions (intentionally or not?) and displaying extreme anger towards anyone profiting or intending to profit by building on top of previous inventions or even improving them that he himself (or his associates) have failed to profit themselves of.

See for example: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1211093.msg12713560#msg12713560

I looked at your "example."  That's just TPTB (aka Anonymint) being his usual insane self.

Gmax is a stickler for attribution because he believes in FOSS.

As a FOSS supporter he is happy for others to use the tools he's invented, whether for profit or not.

The exception is a situation like Darkcoin/Dash, where his coinjoin code was broken, bastardized, and rebranded as 'Darksend.'

That's why he said "only purpose DarkCoin serves is to depress me about the state of humanity."

#DashDC  #Evolution #MexicoDF @CryptoArmada @AnonUpdatesNews @dailydecrypt @Dashpay @TaoOfSatoshi @laBITconf

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
TheDasher

Activity: 346

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 02:13:53 AM

DASH evolution released and DASH tanks.  People are finally seeing through all the smoke.  Evan again promises the world but technical details will follow in other white papers.
pille

Activity: 436

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 02:24:54 AM

4.4 Pay to username / email
If your payee doesn’t exist in the system, you can pay to their email. This will send them an
email through the network. By following the instructions in this email, they can sign up through
the dash.org website and join the network to claim the money you sent them.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2015, 02:35:56 AM

Friendly reminder for newcomers:

the things going on here are fishy, intransparent and rely on a single entity.

what DarkCoin does is highly centralized because the software is closed— you can't get more centralized than closed source.

"masternodes" does not sound like something decenteralized, it sounds like something that creates a small chokepoint which could be used to deanonymize its users, like a server based CoinJoin but worse since you have to hold a huge pile of coins to run a server.

Bytecoin (and its forks... Monero, Fantomcoin, etc.) are actually working implementations of much stronger privacy, decenteralized in their implementation, all released under a good open source license.

From what I can tell the only purpose DarkCoin serves is to depress me about the state of humanity.

Dash is perfectly described by gmaxwell in the post above: a lot of harmful garbage and dysfunctional software. My Dash is going to be sold over the next few days. I refuse to a cryptocurrency where the fanboys imagine that cryptography is uneccessary. What a stupid thing to say.

I fixed your "friendly" attempt to bamboozle newcomers with DashDark's snake oil and bad crypto.

It is much more informative and honest now.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
cryptothreads

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 02:39:37 AM

Hello Dash crew!

Looking for some designers to come up with some cool Dash T-shirts! Get a % of ea. sale in Dash  Grin

Any good designers here ?  

Go ahead submit your designs here!

Check out the current store HERE . We accept DASH of course  Wink

Also, can I be added to the Dash Merchant Directory ? Thanks!
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 03:58:19 AM

thanks for posting, good stuff. i just read about an hours worth and i'm taking a break before going back for more.
anyone have a youtube clip of just evans talk from the conference. i tried the link to the full conference but it's not working for me.

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
BusterNutBag

Activity: 96

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 04:07:41 AM

thanks for posting, good stuff. i just read about an hours worth and i'm taking a break before going back for more.
anyone have a youtube clip of just evans talk from the conference. i tried the link to the full conference but it's not working for me.

https://dashtalk.org/threads/dash-to-speak-and-exhibit-at-the-3rd-latin-american-bitcoin-conference-mexico.6505/page-4#post-75792
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 04:10:42 AM

Read the PDFs my friends, so much to discover. You can only guess how much work got into that.

For example:

5.1 Fiat Conversion
Dash Evolution will also give users the ability to convert to and from fiat using using converters.
These are special users that provide another service for the network and are paid a percentage
of the transaction to process it. Converters will be rated by users who do business with them,
and this reputation will be crucial in helping other users decide which converters are most
reliable and trustworthy. The result will be a safe and global fiat conversion network.

So anyone providing this service as a converter will need to register as an MSB? I can't see any logical away around this.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2015, 04:16:06 AM

For example:

5.1 Fiat Conversion

So anyone providing this service as a converter will need to register as an MSB? I can't see any logical away around this.

Yes, but it's just vaporware speculation with zero chance of being implemented.  Don't take such harmless marketing fluff seriously.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 04:30:45 AM

For example:

5.1 Fiat Conversion

Wow, I thought this would be in there....there were hints.  Awesome.

Also the fees for converting will be taxable income.

No MSB if:
Each converter is anonymous(not linked to a taxpayer/employer id).
Or Dash is only considered a commodity.  (then a commodity traders license will be required instead)

KYC is still required to confirm customers are non US, right? 

This gets complicated so we will want to be clear how this will work.
HinnomTX

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 04:39:26 AM

I just watched Evan's presentation. Very well done, and a nice round of applause at the end. The most impressive point he made was how, in just 3 months of DGBB, the Dash blockchain has funded three conference visits (Netherlands, Mexico, and Miami), and the purchase of dash.org. Basically, he was able to get there and present and hand out pamplets etc. because of payouts directly from the Dash blockchain. That's pretty remarkable, but I think it may take a while for 'the markets' to recognize the importance of Dash's DGBB.

Personally, I've worked for two well managed, publicly traded tech companies. When it came to suffering through very depressed stock prices (on several occasions in my career), at both companies the execs were careful to tell employees to be patient, just keep executing on projects on time and on budget, and eventually the accomplishments would be recognized and rewarded by Mr. Market. I have to say they have been right every time. I think Dash will follow the same experience, on steroids.

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2015, 04:48:26 AM

I just watched Evan's presentation. Very well done, and a nice round of applause at the end. The most impressive point he made was how, in just 3 months of DGBB, the Dash blockchain has funded three conference visits (Netherlands, Mexico, and Miami), and the purchase of dash.org. Basically, he was able to get there and present and hand out pamplets etc. because of payouts directly from the Dash blockchain. That's pretty remarkable, but I think it may take a while for 'the markets' to recognize the importance of Dash's DGBB.

Personally, I've worked for two well managed, publicly traded tech companies. When it came to suffering through very depressed stock prices (on several occasions in my career), at both companies the execs were careful to tell employees to be patient, just keep executing on projects on time and on budget, and eventually the accomplishments would be recognized and rewarded by Mr. Market. I have to say they have been right every time. I think Dash will follow the same experience, on steroids.
Well said. They say that patience is a virtue! What is important right now is to build the protocol, build the infrastructure, and grow the community. The current price is meaningless.

We are already so far ahead of Bitcoin in experience, but crypto in general is hard for the average user to understand. What Dash is embarking on is closing the gap between crypto nerds and the mainstream population. Once crypto becomes easy for the user though Digital Cash, demand will rise and the price will follow.

I wouldn't be surprised if we surpass Bitcoin in market cap fairly easily. It's market cap is still tiny in the global scheme of things. This whole industry is still in it's infancy.

Great things are coming for great people...

Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 05:19:01 AM

Well said. They say that patience is a virtue! What is important right now is to build the protocol, build the infrastructure, and grow the community. The current price is meaningless.

We are already so far ahead of Bitcoin in experience, but crypto in general is hard for the average user to understand. What Dash is embarking on is closing the gap between crypto nerds and the mainstream population. Once crypto becomes easy for the user though Digital Cash, demand will rise and the price will follow.

I wouldn't be surprised if we surpass Bitcoin in market cap fairly easily. It's market cap is still tiny in the global scheme of things. This whole industry is still in it's infancy.

Great things are coming for great people...
I kept thinking Evan was showing everyone the future.  It seemed that there was a line that if he said too much they wouldn't understand or believe it. 

Andreas said he spent 4 months working every day reading about Bitcoin.  There is much more to Dash....I wonder how long he will spend on the Dash papers.   Grin

Good job on the presentation.  It was well prepared and top notch.  I just wanted it to be be longer.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 05:39:27 AM

I kept thinking Evan was showing everyone the future.  It seemed that there was a line that if he said too much they wouldn't understand or believe it. 

Andreas said he spent 4 months working every day reading about Bitcoin.  There is much more to Dash....I wonder how long he will spend on the Dash papers.   Grin

Good job on the presentation.  It was well prepared and top notch.  I just wanted it to be be longer.

If I hadn't been here since the beginning, and followed closely, it would be completely over my head and I would not have much of a chance to catch up today, LOL.  I can only concentrate so much anymore, LOL.  Hopefully, he can explain a lot more in Miami?

It also looked like he had to be a lot more politically correct there.  Almost apologetic that he made another coin.  Undoubtedly, the atmosphere is still volatile toward dissidence with some people there. 

Maybe it's time to hold small Dash meetups now?  Not quite convention, but more like Bitcoin Wednesday?

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Pages: « 1 ... 5444 5445 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 5480 5481 5482 5483 5484 5485 5486 5487 5488 5489 5490 5491 5492 5493 [5494] 5495 5496 5497 5498 5499 5500 5501 5502 5503 5504 5505 5506 5507 5508 5509 5510 5511 5512 5513 5514 5515 5516 5517 5518 5519 5520 5521 5522 5523 5524 5525 5526 5527 5528 5529 5530 5531 5532 5533 5534 5535 5536 5537 5538 5539 5540 5541 5542 5543 5544 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: