Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:09:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 5480 5481 5482 5483 5484 5485 5486 5487 5488 5489 5490 5491 5492 5493 5494 5495 5496 [5497] 5498 5499 5500 5501 5502 5503 5504 5505 5506 5507 5508 5509 5510 5511 5512 5513 5514 5515 5516 5517 5518 5519 5520 5521 5522 5523 5524 5525 5526 5527 5528 5529 5530 5531 5532 5533 5534 5535 5536 5537 5538 5539 5540 5541 5542 5543 5544 5545 5546 5547 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722506 times)
DrkLvr_

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 03:49:07 PM

Uh huh, keep trying to spin your massive disappointment Cheesy

What happened to the Evolution demo Evan promised in Miami? Pushing it back 1 year sounds good to you?

Yeah so disappointing to hear all this DASH news. Such a terrible shame to see all these whitepapers and devs hard at work. So depressing to see my masternodes making coins every day.

Meanwhile, what joy to listen to Adam White's incisive commentary. The boy is a legend. Go Adam. Go XMR!

Hi Evan, keep trying to pump up your instamine scam while you sell coins OTC! I hear it's going pretty well.. minus the 80% loss in value in 6 months Sad

It's unfortunate to hear about your constant broken promises like the Evolution demo, but atleast you have alternate accounts like "reaktion" who can spin it as a good thing and make unrelated comments in an effort to distract from your continued failure

Dash Sad
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jestah

Activity: 426
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 03:50:28 PM

Before yesterday they thought they were only FUDding a coin's value, today they realize they need to go back to the drawing board.  I'm loving this.   Grin

What happened to the Evolution demo Evan promised in Miami? Pushing it back 1 year sounds good to you? Keeping buying DASH, maybe in 10 years you won't have to wait 20 hours to mix coins and send an anon tx  Grin

It sounds good to me if he delivers, which both of us know he will.  There's no disappointment in here other than yours.  

DASH is beyond and above competing with Monero, it's not even in the same ballpark.  Time for you "kangaroo court" clowns to move on.  

Uh.....buh bye.
BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 03:53:46 PM

Never underestimate the power of networking during these kind of events.

The reactions from the big boys to Dash presentation showed me two things:

- they didn't know Dash (bitcointalk irrelevance in the real World)

- they became curious and excited with the vision Dash brings to the industry

This was just what we were able to see live. I can't imagine what happened off air but I'm sure good news will come in the not so distant future Smiley

Go Dash  Grin

DrkLvr_

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 03:54:58 PM

Before yesterday they thought they were only FUDding a coin's value, today they realize they need to go back to the drawing board.  I'm loving this.   Grin

What happened to the Evolution demo Evan promised in Miami? Pushing it back 1 year sounds good to you? Keeping buying DASH, maybe in 10 years you won't have to wait 20 hours to mix coins and send an anon tx  Grin

It sounds good to me if he delivers, which both of us know he will.  There's no disappointment in here other than yours.  

DASH is beyond and above competing with Monero, it's not even in the same ballpark.  Time for you "kangaroo court" clowns to move on.  

Uh.....buh bye.

Yup, he'll definitely deliver... just like he delivered on Masternode blinding.

Blinding was never implemented despite being "working", and despite Evan's promises that it was only being delayed due to mobile wallets

Masternode blinding is working   Grin

It's super fast, secure and should reduce mixing time by 80%+

https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin/commits/masternode-blinding

There is NO issue with Darksend, in fact the new masternode blinding system is quite impressive.

************ Please Update To 11.2.22! ****************

- DS Speed Improvements : Darksend should be lightning fast now on mainnet. We're going to delay the implementation of masternode blinding because there's two separate mobile wallets that are in the process of implementing Darksend and the reference implementation needs to be super stable during this period of time. Once we have the mobile wallets done (which should have Darksend and InstantX support) we can move back to improving Darksend.

The new masternode blinding system is SO impressive he couldn't figure out how to implement it.

Instead, Evan decided to just lie to everyone that Masternode blinding is delayed due to excuses, then never speak about it again.

#FAIL

Have fun mixing those coins! Don't forget to start mixing 20 hours before you need to send your tx!
Jestah

Activity: 426

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 03:58:06 PM

You don't get it.  You are wasting your time, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
DrkLvr_

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 04:00:41 PM

You don't get it.  You are wasting your time, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

I don't get it? Explain it to me then. You can't. Sad

Why was Blinding delayed indefinitely? I think i'll keep posting here since you scammers keep trying to ensnare new victims.
stan.distortion

Activity: 317
Merit: 1012

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 04:04:48 PM

As far as I can tell its by using deterministic wallets so you use a relatively easy to recall key to generate the private key rather than the private key directly. Could be anything, a passage from a book or line from a song

That is exactly how you'll lose your coins.  Don't choose any phrase that already exists.

https://masternode.me/smart_passwords.html

Very true, I'd used it as an example rather than the usual "horse battery stapler" one and added the bit about methods of creating secure seeds as I was reading something on it recently and was surprised how far things have come since "horse battery stapler" was doing the rounds, impressive stuff but I can't find a link to it :/ That post didn't even touch on the other stuff deterministic wallets offer but turning all that into something that just works automagically for the user is the important bit.

Curious about the trolls methods? http://pastebin.com/irj4Fyd5
Manipulation of public discussion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bYAQ-ZZtEU
dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 04:13:09 PM

Mixing still relies on liquidity providers, which just shows how broken the system is.

How does it?

It's pretty obvious, but let me provide you some explanations, you can choose which one you like better:

ELI18: http://bfy.tw/395O

ELI12: If the anonimity features aren't used much, but you still want to have fast mixing, you need to rely on people who want to mix constantly (the liquidity providers). The problem with this is that if you are the only one who is mixing, the liquidity providers are your only counterparties. These entities can unmask your transactions.

ELI6: You want to shoot a spitball to your teacher but your mouth is dry. So you decide to ask your friends in class to help you to make it wet. You pay a friend for making your spitball wet. Now you shoot your spitball to your teacher. She turns around and asks who did that. All your classmates know you were the guy shooting the spitball and they can rat you out.

eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2015, 04:14:45 PM
Last edit: December 06, 2015, 04:27:11 PM by eduffield

What happened to the Evolution demo Evan promised in Miami? Pushing it back 1 year sounds good to you?

Yeah so disappointing to hear all this DASH news. Such a terrible shame to see all these whitepapers and devs hard at work. So depressing to see my masternodes making coins every day.

Meanwhile, what joy to listen to Adam White's incisive commentary. The boy is a legend. Go Adam. Go XMR!

We will be writing the software for this project in stages, the first stage will take about 2 months to have a very early prototype for Dash Evolution that includes a basic implementation of DashDrive, Primitives, DAPI and a simple T3 wallet. In six to eight months, we should be entering testnet phase with most basic functionality. In 12-18 months, we plan for the first release version (a stable prototype).

Keep in mind, we're going to start revising the design tomorrow to try and figure out the best possible design to create. I think I've found a way to simplify this project by about 75%, which means we can have something much sooner. I'll start working on a proposal.

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
DrkLvr_

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 04:28:50 PM

We will be writing the software for this project in stages, the first stage will take about 2 months to have a very early prototype for Dash Evolution that includes a basic implementation of DashDrive, Primitives, DAPI and a simple T3 wallet. In six to eight months, we should be entering testnet phase with most basic functionality. In 12-18 months, we plan for the first release version (a stable prototype).

Keep in mind, we're going to start revising the design tomorrow to try and figure out the best possible design to create. I think I've found a way to simplify this project by about 75%, which means we can have something much sooner. I'll start working on a proposal.

You conveniently forgot to quote the rest  Roll Eyes  What happened to the "working" masternode blinding?

Blinding was never implemented despite being "working", and despite Evan's promises that it was only being delayed due to mobile wallets

Masternode blinding is working   Grin

It's super fast, secure and should reduce mixing time by 80%+

https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin/commits/masternode-blinding

There is NO issue with Darksend, in fact the new masternode blinding system is quite impressive.

************ Please Update To 11.2.22! ****************

- DS Speed Improvements : Darksend should be lightning fast now on mainnet. We're going to delay the implementation of masternode blinding because there's two separate mobile wallets that are in the process of implementing Darksend and the reference implementation needs to be super stable during this period of time. Once we have the mobile wallets done (which should have Darksend and InstantX support) we can move back to improving Darksend.

The new masternode blinding system is SO impressive he couldn't figure out how to implement it.

Instead, Evan decided to just lie to everyone that Masternode blinding is delayed due to excuses, then never speak about it again.

#FAIL
Lukas_Jackson

Activity: 615
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 04:40:35 PM

@drklvr the sock-puppet
Are you concerned? I think we, who are invested should be concerned.
What's your problem? Your comedy is getting boring.

It is easier to be an aggressive victim than to be a free man.
Macrochip

Activity: 465

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2015, 04:58:28 PM

MacroEvan backstabbed Dashcoin BTW

Dashcoin:

I'm sure the two people who forgot they still have some Dashcoin in a forgotten wallet feel extremely "deceived" by Evan after the Dashcoin dev himself made an official agreement with him to sell the github, backstabbing arielshit.

Face it. You lost. Risto's faggy little Moronero-paid smear campaign has pathetically failed to hurt DASH in any way. Evolution is going to tear all of you Trollero-morons a new one, no matter how much you bicker and bitch about non-issues like dfailor does. By the way: We missed you and your stapled toilet papers in the conference, chubby Dutchman! Don't you have some Mexican clones running around? 

arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 05:11:42 PM

MacroEvan backstabbed Dashcoin BTW

look at my chart..

the Dashcoin dev himself made an official agreement with him to sell the github, backstabbing arielshit.

remove the dev = kill the coin  --> FAIL!

the irony of your words...so now i am the backstabber? dimwit macroshit haha

dashcoin is still alive and kicking - a testament to your failure, copycats backstabbing fake account macroshit.
DrkLvr_

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 05:32:52 PM

@drklvr the sock-puppet

Where's the problem? I'm just asking why masternode blinding hasn't been implemented by your lying instamine scamming dev who refuses to answer the question.
Lukas_Jackson

Activity: 615
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 05:39:38 PM

Ok. Again. Go to dashtalk and find your answers.
You think that people have a time to answer hundreds of time to the same questions? Is it AMA or something?
You know you're trolling and you know that we know, you know Kiss

It is easier to be an aggressive victim than to be a free man.
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 05:41:00 PM

Where's the problem? I'm just asking why masternode blinding hasn't been implemented by your lying scam dev who refuses to answer the question.

Ohhh .. uugg .. . ...why do I even bother... It's been explained before. Evan is not available to answer trolls, nor waste his time continuously explaining the same old stuff over and over. But for the sake of those people reading a new, and trying to make sense of this lunatic infected thread, here goes.

I'll do my best, in a nutshell, ALL info can be found, or asked, over at www.dashtalk.org

At the time of writing... there were 2 phone wallets being developed. One for iOS and another for Android. Both projects intended on including IX, which in turn need the 2nd tier Masternode quorum systems implemented.

By introdroducing MN blinding at the time, it would radically change the way these coders for these wallets would need to address this issue. Remember both of these are SPV clients, not full nodes, so it's an entire new world of hurt just to implement IX on an SPV client. SO it was postponed as having mobiles wallets seemed way more important, for obvious reasons.

But, after that time of writing, Evan found solution and new ideas to "problems", and quite frankly, Masternode IP obfuscation is not a priority. It's not a imminent security problem for anyone, it's just a fancy way so no-one know where the servers actually are. IF you're that paranoid, the Core is TOR ready, go for it.

And no, neither wallet actually managed to implement IX, FYI. It seems to be quite tricky business without a full client, as far as I know.

More important things needed to be done, and they were done, and the blinding was postponed. And now, with Evolution maybe not even wanted, Idk, I'm not a coder.

So I hope this answers your question and you go on into looking for new reasons to pick on Dash and Evan as the good socket-troll you are.
DrkLvr_

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 05:47:38 PM

Where's the problem? I'm just asking why masternode blinding hasn't been implemented by your lying scam dev who refuses to answer the question.

Ohhh .. uugg .. . ...why do I even bother... It's been explained before. Evan is not available to answer trolls, nor waste his time continuously explaining the same old stuff over and over. But for the sake of those people reading a new, and trying to make sense of this lunatic infected thread, here goes.

I'll do my best, in a nutshell, ALL info can be found, or asked, over at www.dashtalk.org

At the time of writing... there were 2 phone wallets being developed. One for iOS and another for Android. Both projects intended on including IX, which in turn need the 2nd tier Masternode quorum systems implemented.

By introdroducing MN blinding at the time, it would radically change the way these coders for these wallets would need to address this issue. Remember both of these are SPV clients, not full nodes, so it's an entire new world of hurt just to implement IX on an SPV client. SO it was postponed as having a mobiles wallets seemed more important at the time.

But, after that time of writing, Evan found solution and new ideas to "problems", and quite frankly, Masternode IP obfuscation is not a priority. It's not a imminent security problem for anyone, it's just a fancy way so no-one know where the servers actually are.

More important things needed to be done, and they were done, and the blinding was postponed. And now, with Evolution maybe not even wanted, Idk, I'm not a coder.

So I hope this answers your question and you go on into looking for new reasons to pick on Dash and Evan as the good socket-troll you are.

As usual, it doesn't answer anything. The mobile wallets have long since been developed, and the masternode blinding was confirmed by your lying dev to be working already. So why isn't it being implemented now since EVOLUSCAM will only be ready in 5 years?
DrkLvr_

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 05:51:31 PM

@drklvr the sock-puppet

Where's the problem? I'm just asking why masternode blinding hasn't been implemented by your lying instamine scamming dev who refuses to answer the question.

So in one sentence you want answers to your questions from the DASH lead dev and also call him a 'lying instamine scamming dev'. Nice!

This behaviour stems from a severe case of XMR-bagholditis.

Poor old Adam.

Whatever you say Evan. Keep trying to distract away from all of your lies and failures with offtopic comments. You're a proven instaminer and you've been caught lying countless times, most recently about the supposed Evolution Demo in Miami, which you've now pushed back 1 year. You knew that would never happen.  The statement is accurate.

I don't care where the answers come from. You keep ignoring masternode blinding and Ghostplayer has nothing but fluff to offer. So who can answer why the "working" masternode blinding hasn't been implemented?
moocowmoo

Activity: 263

bovine quadruped, professional loafer, dash dev

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2015, 05:55:12 PM

As far as I can tell its by using deterministic wallets so you use a relatively easy to recall key to generate the private key rather than the private key directly. Could be anything, a passage from a book or line from a song

That is exactly how you'll lose your coins.  Don't choose any phrase that already exists.

https://masternode.me/smart_passwords.html

Very true, I'd used it as an example rather than the usual "horse battery stapler" one and added the bit about methods of creating secure seeds as I was reading something on it recently and was surprised how far things have come since "horse battery stapler" was doing the rounds, impressive stuff but I can't find a link to it :/ That post didn't even touch on the other stuff deterministic wallets offer but turning all that into something that just works automagically for the user is the important bit.

I discovered bip32 ( https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0032.mediawiki#master-key-generation )  and pycoin ( https://github.com/richardkiss/pycoin ) from richard Kiss' blog ( http://blog.richardkiss.com/?p=313 ) and wrote this intro walkthrough for curious/intermediate-advanced users: http://en.wiki.dashninja.pl/wiki/DIY_Deterministic_Addresses

I secure most of my coins using this method. And, if you learn how the chains/seeds work, a lot more options for securely managing coins open up.

For instance, each masternode.me masternode has a payment address deterministically derived (after some math) from the submitted masternode address. But, because only the public bip32 seed lives on the server I don't need to be concerned about the funds if the server is compromised. Managing the service funds now only requires the masternode's address and my secret passphrase. One more thing I don't have to keep track of. Smiley

--

And yes, automagic is important, and evolution is definitely on the right track toward that user experience. I'm stoked!

tips: XmoocowYfrPKUR6p6M5aJZdVntQe71irCX | identity: https://keybase.io/moocowmoo
service: https://masternode.me -- The first automated masternode service. Ugly website, stellar uptimes and hands-on support. Over 150 nodes with 300+ days uptime!
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 05:55:34 PM

I love trolls, seriously. I've never hidden that fact. They're great for post count and sub-forum bumping. It one of the best marketing tools we have, as more often than not, people with sense and sensibility will see right through it, and these are the people that actually matter. Not 15 year olds.

Yes, it did certainly answer the question. Read over it again.

It isn't being implemented because there are more important things to do that to waste time coding unnecessary things. Blinding was something being asked for by some few community members. Evan was pondering developing I2P but never got to it, or changed his mind about it. So what? Where is the big deal here?

Priorities change. We have TOR in Core. Why do you care to pick on such an insignificant thing and blow it out of proportion like some grand earth shattering thing?

It's something a few pro-darknet guys, law-enforcement-worried guys lobbied for, some worried about concerted DDOS attacks ... and Evan said, "sure, I could do that" - But since then it became totally de-prioritized.

Deal with it. though you're perfectly welcomed to use the TOR integration within the code.
Pages: « 1 ... 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 5480 5481 5482 5483 5484 5485 5486 5487 5488 5489 5490 5491 5492 5493 5494 5495 5496 [5497] 5498 5499 5500 5501 5502 5503 5504 5505 5506 5507 5508 5509 5510 5511 5512 5513 5514 5515 5516 5517 5518 5519 5520 5521 5522 5523 5524 5525 5526 5527 5528 5529 5530 5531 5532 5533 5534 5535 5536 5537 5538 5539 5540 5541 5542 5543 5544 5545 5546 5547 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: