Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:41:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5487 5488 5489 5490 5491 5492 5493 5494 5495 5496 5497 5498 5499 5500 5501 5502 5503 5504 5505 5506 5507 5508 5509 5510 5511 5512 5513 5514 5515 5516 5517 5518 5519 5520 5521 5522 5523 5524 5525 5526 5527 5528 5529 5530 5531 5532 5533 5534 5535 5536 [5537] 5538 5539 5540 5541 5542 5543 5544 5545 5546 5547 5548 5549 5550 5551 5552 5553 5554 5555 5556 5557 5558 5559 5560 5561 5562 5563 5564 5565 5566 5567 5568 5569 5570 5571 5572 5573 5574 5575 5576 5577 5578 5579 5580 5581 5582 5583 5584 5585 5586 5587 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722511 times)
DrkLvr_

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 07:12:23 PM

Evan is making closer to $500 USD / day

[...]

Such greed. Let them eat cake, right Evan?

I have no idea what's your issue. My rates for IT-consultancy are $800 / day, so what?

Likewise, I charge out at that for IT consultancy. $500 is a cheap day rate for a dev! Especially one of Evan's calibre! Wink

Walter

Did it take you 8 hours to instamine your degree and certifications? That's how long it took Evan to instamine his fraud stash and blame it on a bug.

LOL @ "Evan's calibre" - Evan couldn't code anything half-decent if his life depended on it.

Let's look at a few examples

- Launched a coin with a supposed "bug" in it, even after the first failed launch that day (so he's either a liar or a shit coder, take your pick)
- Failed to implement masternode blinding despite promises that it was working
- Uses chained algorithms because he's clueless about cryptography

Evan is a failed day trader who thinks a triple top is a buy signal. He needs to lie and scam to make a living.

Edit: Look at this "Walter_S" character. Another one of the 2 dozen sockpuppets who ONLY posts in the DASH thread. Surprise surprise  Roll Eyes

Look at this guy's first post. He sure seems to know a lot for a brand new crypto user  Roll Eyes

Just stunned at the brilliance of the new DarkTor masternode service - amazing.

Dont we already have a VPS provider in iceland that accepts Darkcoin.

I will gladly use them, darksend them some coins and become an exit node....with the number of TOR users out there, I think someone calculated that at 50 cents per user per day, and 1000 masternodes thats like $180,000 return a year per masternode!!

I think we need to have some further discussions around how it will all work but super excited after RC5 + obfuscation at this project!

Yeah, that was me on the darkcointalk https://darkcointalk.org/threads/development-update-august-19-2014.2086/page-2. And the numbers were based on 10 cents per user per day not 50 cents!

Also bear in mind that as it stands the absolute maximum number of masternodes can't really go above the total number of DRKs that will ever exist in circulation ( roughly 22,000,000 DRKs) / (1000DRKs ) = 22,000 Masternodes.

And that's an absolute. In reality I'd be surprised if MN numbers went over 10,000 as the currency is also to be used for transaction volume. DRK can't function as a currency if there is no liquidity due to all the coins being tied up in cold wallets!

Naturally, this can only change if the 1000 DRK cost of 'ownership' is changed somehow... Does anyone - including Evan - have a view on this? Is it set in stone?

Regards,

Walter

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dashwhale

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2015, 07:16:58 PM

Here's a way to boost masternode voting. If a masternode doesn't vote on at least one proposal in a given month, it gets a demerit. If it accumulates two demerits it gets booted off the masternode payee list. The masternode will have to restart, so the 'punishment' for not voting is being pushed to the bottom of the list, at a minimum. I like this method because it discourages passive/boomer entitlement behavior.

If I know I'm going to have to break out the hot wallet every other month to restart a masternode that got kicked off for being lazy, then I might as well break out the empty wallet and vote on a few proposals instead.
Voting is a new part of being a responsible Dash Masternode Manager, and there will probably be more responsibilities down the road requiring active participation to maintain this prestigious position.

the voting and all is totally fine
people are lazy and that is a general thing !
look at general elections, you never get more than 30-40% out of them and Dash Voting is in the same range !

I think a webpage as Dashwhale (Dashwhale converted to official Dash Voting/proposal page) would do the trick and 'beat' the laziness

make it easier and concentrated (1 page for Voting/Proposals only) and easy to promote and keep people updated
my 3 duff as always
 Wink

there should be a DAPI for that. seems in the future evolution could be used for that. it could be like the embedded Facebook comments on various websites. dashwhale could plug into it and dashtalk etc could all plug into the voting proposal DAPI. it would update across all platforms in real time just like the facebook one but decentralized.
the voting proposal DAPI would be part of the larger DASH social network or something like that, just throwing crazy ideas out there.

Of course, DAPI could deliver proposal data. But, it would be a loss of focus and waste of limited dev time to implement proposal metadata and even comments decentralized. Focus should be and is to build the best cryptocurrency out there and increase the amount of DASH transactions per day (to me the only relevant number to determine success). If these goals have been archieved, one can spend time to decentralize some nice to have features like comments by taking advantage of DASH drive.

By the way, Dashwhale already supports the distribution of all proposal data including comments to multiple sites:
https://www.dashwhale.org/dbin

The first website that integrated this data is Crowning (check it out!):
http://178.254.18.153/~pub/Darkcoin/masternode_payments_stats.html

I contacted some more websites to implement this data. Hope, some of them will get it going soon.

Sub-Ether

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 09:49:17 PM

The 3 successive pivotal angles each tend more horizontal, question is will the 4th attempt break through your 'corner' ?
The climbs are too linear to my mind so this indicates manipulation, backed up by the large creeping walls that keep reappearing.
Whatever happens next on the Chinese exchanges will change all the others thus indicating this is not a global phenomenon and again supports a weak position.

Possibly not enough buying power but did you see the Russian Ponzi scheme where they are going around the world promising easy money, it reminded me of the litecoin episode in China and look what that did to the price.
https://www.facebook.com/MMMBitcoin/

Which is the way to Egypt again?  Cheesy

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 09:57:25 PM

The Dash governance system has been a great success.  The ability for the network itself to pivot and dedicate resources to different areas depending on the needs of a changing market environment is our biggest competitive advantage.

This was clear in our recent experience in Mexico City. This aspect of the project was what all of the industry leaders that were there liked the most about Dash. There was universal agreement that this can help the project be autonomous and adapt faster. It is a superior model to manage and grow a cryptocurrency network.

It allows Dash to build relationships and develop partnerships to help bootstrap its economy in the areas it needs. It is the only coin that can do blockchain contracting and establish a long term collaboration with an interesting partner in a particular area. We are working hard on a couple of these partnerships in areas that can be key for the development of Dash. Hopefully things go well and we get to end 2015 with a couple of great wins.

Stay tuned.

OOoooh, another tantalizing update Smiley  I know you guys have your noses to the grindstone, with Miami looming over your heads, and Evan rarely comes up for air, LOL.  Can't wait to see how far you all get.  Knowing you, it'll be amazing!  I'm jumping up and down to get the adrenaline out of my system, LOL.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2015, 10:28:02 PM

Prototype Update: Thanks to @salmion for our new design  Wink

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2015, 10:29:27 PM

I'm jumping up and down
Yeah, that's what cheerleaders do... Grin

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2015, 10:32:43 PM

Looking good, DASH!

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 11:34:35 PM

Looking great, but what does oaeu mean?  I love all the other titles, they're unique and perfect!

Yup, Tao, if only I really could, I'm a bit old now, LOL.  I'd love to even do cartwheels again, as that used to feel so good on my back, but alas, I'm too afraid to try, LOL.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 11:49:50 PM

The wallet is looking pretty good! Seems great to have a multi layered "wallet" with separate funds for everyday spending as well as saving funds locked away with multisig.
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 11:50:48 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2015, 12:59:02 AM by Otoh

Looking great, but what does oaeu mean?  I love all the other titles, they're unique and perfect!

Yup, Tao, if only I really could, I'm a bit old now, LOL.  I'd love to even do cartwheels again, as that used to feel so good on my back, but alas, I'm too afraid to try, LOL.

MMXV

MMXV Sinfest thread starts

Ooops, edit, it started earlier: http://www.sinfest.net/view.php?date=2015-12-02

Edit: Tante & I otoh, like Putin & DPR, are immortal...

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2015, 11:57:09 PM

Looking great, but what does oaeu mean?

My keyboard is dvorak   Cheesy

mjsrs

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 12:30:29 AM

My keyboard is dvorak   Cheesy

I would prefer it as a chrome application rather than a chrome extension, because it emulates quite perfectly a standalone application.
It's getting pretty!

https://dash-stats.com XoPGniokL6rRahoKviBza8oqWSTyUQPkAF
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 12:38:05 AM
Last edit: December 19, 2015, 12:01:23 PM by toknormal

I've been reading the Evolution docs docs (in the park). Just started.

Having lived and worked through the eightees computer revolution I think I can save people a lot of time and effort in dissimilating Dash and Bitcoin.

Dash is Apple and Bitcoin is Microsoft. That will be the story from now on and the playout will be the same.

Apple had control of the software and hardware which meant that they could move faster than anyone else. They used this "total control" to build an ideal computing environment.

Meanwhile, IBM and microsoft played the "bitcoin game": Everyone was allowed to participate in the economy. Motherboards by X. IBM received a royalty on "X" while allowing everyone else to make them. Microsoft changed "PC-DOS" to "MS-DOS" and became the biggest tech company ever. cryptowas contracted out. Technology accounted for nothing. Adoption counted for everything..

Apple did not allow anyone to make anything Apple compatible. Just as Dash does not contract out its anonymisation technology. Dash masternodes only work on the Dash network. They don't work on any other network.

NOTE: Commercial priorities - Adoption vs Development. Dash think’s it’s garnering adoption through development but which may be true to some extent. But Bitcoin is garnering far more adoption through marketing, just as Microsoft did. Meanwhile Dash is setting the precedent for the industry. Just as Apple did.

That is the challenge for Dash. People do not buy technology, they buy need.

Right now, bitcoin is at the front door of "need" as far as crypto currencies go.

Apple Computer had a GUI operating system a full 10 years ahead of Microsoft. Think about that - it's a massive lead. They also had desktop publishing, native networking (Appletalk) and Fonts.

But Microsoft and IBM between them created an economy, because everyone could get a "piece of the action" - hardware manufacturers, software builders, alternate OS's like Linux, Mick Jagger, you name it. So the PC economy grew far larger despite the fact that Apple was leading the way the whole time. It was a kind of uneasy, competitive come co-operative relationship between the two technologies that ultimately was to prove very productive for both.

Now lets turn to Dash and bitcoin.

Dash has created a second tier. It is not a literal tier - only a logic tier which is important to emphasise. However this tier is not a third party commercial tier as far as protocol goes. It is totally integrated with the Dash network protocol in the same way that Apple hardware was integrated with Apple software. This is going to give Dash a huge advantage technologically because it controls both tiers. The bitcoin economy will require all the same features that Dash has - and will get them. It's just that the secondary tier will be supported by third parties and technologies  such as Etherium blockchain apps, stock market ETF's, Coinbase, Sidechains etc. The resulting bitcoin economy will be huge for the same reason that the IBM/Microsoft economy was huge - i.e. loads of people can have a piece of the pie.

But it will also be ugly.

And thats the catch for investors. Both options are attractive for different reasons. When I read the Dash Evolution docs I suddenly encountered myself from 30 years ago: using an advanced technology that was about to not do justice to itself commercially.

Why ?...because it retained control of its own ecosystem, thereby leaving the field bare for others. Dash is showing the way. But only symbolically and on a prototype basis. The industrial equivalent of masternodes will have the entire crypto world running a commercially diverse second tier against a commercially diverse tier of store of value assets. How that economic model plays out is as yet ambiguous. Whats for sure is that all crypto assets will find a role - no one will dominate that business model.

Where Apple was back then is where Dash is now: in control of a symbolic equivalent of what the world-wide market is about to become.

The bitcoin economy will acquire the equivalent of masternodes, decentralised voting, anonymity, scaleability and everything that Dash has. It just won't develop it as a single technological unit. If you want privacy you'll buy through an ETF who will keep your contracts private for you. If you want scaleability you'll use payment channels which will end up being owned by Visa. If you want decentralised voting - forget it. There's no way an economy that size is going to leave policy to "the people".

Regarding the Apple/Microsoft legacy, the question for Dash investors is: How does this technological precedent apply to money ?

There are two answers to that: [1] a technological one. [2] - a financial one

A. Technology
To answer the technological one is easy. Bitcoin has already thrown in the towel on protocol development. Technologically it is parked and all future services will be taken up by third party support services such as Etherium apps, stock market ETF's (Winklevoss twins), banks using bitcoin as capital assets and proprietary payment channels that use the bitcion blockchain as simply a 'clearing' layer. In other words, Bitcoin is not going to fulfill Satoshi's vision - a store of value that could also function as a currency. Monetarily, the banks will turn it into what CDO's are: a capital asset that backs other capital assets that ultimately back fiat currency.

B. Capital
The question of Dash as a capital investment is far more open. Lets calculate Dash's marketcap as a proportion of bitcoin's.

Ask yourself this. If you really think Satoshi's vision of a fully integrated, self contained monetary medium is worth preserving, which approach does more justice to it ?

[1] - SIDECHAINS: a coder's Frankensteinian boilerplate that has no historical precedence in monetary history which requires you to "bake" your bitcoin for a day or two to in order to "hide" it, thereby turning the "ghost" bitcoin market into a premium version of the original and thus destroying all pretences to fungibility that bitcoin ever had.

[2] - ETF's: the paper gold version of bitcoin

[3] - PAYMENT CHANNELS: Do you really think that the last 30 years of research into cryptography a la David Chaum were busting their a'ss's just so that their discovery could be proxied ?

No. They weren't. What those people were looking for was an electronic asset that could be traded DIRECTLY.

The only two people I've ever seen in this entire field who've understood that principle implicitly and that don't appear to be scared of censorship are Evan Duffield and Andreas Antonopolis. Notably, they are also two people who have never aligned themselves with any particular approach. That tells you all you need to know.

In all the time I've been observing this industry, I've never seen Evan make one single adverse remark towards an industry peer. The same with Antonopolis. He is tireless in his ability to articulate the philosophy of monetary integrity as Evan is tireless in his pursuit of monetary fidelity.

The test is whether it gets adopted.

Dash's precedent is Apple. Bitcoin's is Microsoft. Take your pick. I've already seen how this plays out got the T-Shirt, picked my side except this time I suspect it's going to be played out a lot faster , if for no other reason than it has the space to itself.

Sources:

Dash Paper: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IZYs5C6CmJyC4MqY_2P_WnPcxaea6yy6cFkorkStDBM/edit
MS Cap: https://ycharts.com/companies/MSFT/market_cap
Apple CAP: https://ycharts.com/companies/AAPL/market_cap
History: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Apple_Inc.
History: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/history#T1=era0
DonQuijote
Legendary

Activity: 1551
Merit: 1002

♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚&#

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 12:45:27 AM

Looking great, but what does oaeu mean?  I love all the other titles, they're unique and perfect!

MMXV

MMXV Sinfest thread starts

Edit: Tante & I otoh, like Putin & DPR, are immortal...
And Jordi Hurtado!! (Spanish showman)

THE INGENIOUS GENTLEMAN DON QUIXOTE OF LA MANCHA
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚♝♞♜ BTC tip: 39gUUFdJBdKWXnLoh3PMNX9eUz3DwakBKq
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 01:00:18 AM
Last edit: December 19, 2015, 01:10:24 AM by Otoh

Ooops, edit, it started earlier: http://www.sinfest.net/view.php?date=2015-12-02

DQ, Mi recurdos a La Mancha, Saludos desde BCN Cool

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 01:16:30 AM

Evan is making closer to $500 USD / day

[...]

Such greed. Let them eat cake, right Evan?

I have no idea what's your issue. My rates for IT-consultancy are $800 / day, so what?

Likewise, I charge out at that for IT consultancy. $500 is a cheap day rate for a dev! Especially one of Evan's calibre! Wink

Walter

Did it take you 8 hours to instamine your degree and certifications? That's how long it took Evan to instamine his fraud stash and blame it on a bug.

LOL @ "Evan's calibre" - Evan couldn't code anything half-decent if his life depended on it.

Let's look at a few examples

- Launched a coin with a supposed "bug" in it, even after the first failed launch that day (so he's either a liar or a shit coder, take your pick)
- Failed to implement masternode blinding despite promises that it was working
- Uses chained algorithms because he's clueless about cryptography

Evan is a failed day trader who thinks a triple top is a buy signal. He needs to lie and scam to make a living.

Edit: Look at this "Walter_S" character. Another one of the 2 dozen sockpuppets who ONLY posts in the DASH thread. Surprise surprise  Roll Eyes

Look at this guy's first post. He sure seems to know a lot for a brand new crypto user  Roll Eyes

Just stunned at the brilliance of the new DarkTor masternode service - amazing.

Dont we already have a VPS provider in iceland that accepts Darkcoin.

I will gladly use them, darksend them some coins and become an exit node....with the number of TOR users out there, I think someone calculated that at 50 cents per user per day, and 1000 masternodes thats like $180,000 return a year per masternode!!

I think we need to have some further discussions around how it will all work but super excited after RC5 + obfuscation at this project!

Yeah, that was me on the darkcointalk https://darkcointalk.org/threads/development-update-august-19-2014.2086/page-2. And the numbers were based on 10 cents per user per day not 50 cents!

Also bear in mind that as it stands the absolute maximum number of masternodes can't really go above the total number of DRKs that will ever exist in circulation ( roughly 22,000,000 DRKs) / (1000DRKs ) = 22,000 Masternodes.

And that's an absolute. In reality I'd be surprised if MN numbers went over 10,000 as the currency is also to be used for transaction volume. DRK can't function as a currency if there is no liquidity due to all the coins being tied up in cold wallets!

Naturally, this can only change if the 1000 DRK cost of 'ownership' is changed somehow... Does anyone - including Evan - have a view on this? Is it set in stone?

Regards,

Walter

Walter_S welcome to my list of shady dash people  Wink

what is your love at first sight story with darkcoin?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1282836.msg13200467#msg13200467
volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 01:20:41 AM

If Bitcoin goes the route of ETF's, Payment Channels, Sidechains and bank ownership (of large parts of the bitcoin supply) it will desroy the aspirations of this guy.

You can be sure as f*ck about that because that was what "The Cypherfunks" were fighting against. Sidechains, superstrcture payment channels or ETF's were never part of the Cypherfunk philosophy. Their philosophy was based on a unique electronic asset accessible to all NOT THROUGH SUPERSTRUCTURES.

You must think that Satoshi is likely to dump all his Bitcoins at some point then. I mean..from what we know of him, he definitely wouldn't like the direction that his invention is currently going in, would he?
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 01:32:57 AM

My keyboard is dvorak   Cheesy

I didn't even know that existed!  Wow, do you know how to use both types of keyboards?  if so, does it mess you up?  Cheesy

Still don't understand what oaeu means though.  Google isn't helping Tongue  LOL.  Anyway, love the new wallet layout and utilities, this is going to be truly awesome!

and LOL, otoh, truly we are

eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2015, 01:35:32 AM

I didn't even know that existed!  Wow, do you know how to use both types of keyboards?  if so, does it mess you up?  Cheesy

Still don't understand what oaeu means though.  Google isn't helping Tongue  LOL.  Anyway, love the new wallet layout and utilities, this is going to be truly awesome!

Ha, I just hit the first four letters... it's like typing asdf

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 04:35:39 AM

Ha, I just hit the first four letters... it's like typing asdf

Ah!  Except it was sadf and I couldn't work that one out either, LOL  I was looking for a secret code! Tongue

Pages: « 1 ... 5487 5488 5489 5490 5491 5492 5493 5494 5495 5496 5497 5498 5499 5500 5501 5502 5503 5504 5505 5506 5507 5508 5509 5510 5511 5512 5513 5514 5515 5516 5517 5518 5519 5520 5521 5522 5523 5524 5525 5526 5527 5528 5529 5530 5531 5532 5533 5534 5535 5536 [5537] 5538 5539 5540 5541 5542 5543 5544 5545 5546 5547 5548 5549 5550 5551 5552 5553 5554 5555 5556 5557 5558 5559 5560 5561 5562 5563 5564 5565 5566 5567 5568 5569 5570 5571 5572 5573 5574 5575 5576 5577 5578 5579 5580 5581 5582 5583 5584 5585 5586 5587 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: