Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:05:21 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5527 5528 5529 5530 5531 5532 5533 5534 5535 5536 5537 5538 5539 5540 5541 5542 5543 5544 5545 5546 5547 5548 5549 5550 5551 5552 5553 5554 5555 5556 5557 5558 5559 5560 5561 5562 5563 5564 5565 5566 5567 5568 5569 5570 5571 5572 5573 5574 5575 5576 [5577] 5578 5579 5580 5581 5582 5583 5584 5585 5586 5587 5588 5589 5590 5591 5592 5593 5594 5595 5596 5597 5598 5599 5600 5601 5602 5603 5604 5605 5606 5607 5608 5609 5610 5611 5612 5613 5614 5615 5616 5617 5618 5619 5620 5621 5622 5623 5624 5625 5626 5627 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722683 times)
Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 10:09:06 PM

So many people are touting "Blockchain Technology" but I wonder how they secure it?  In house?  I just don't understand who is mining the coins, how is it leveraged so that it's trustless.  They have to understand that part, thus they must have a way to do it.  Does anyone know how they're doing it?
http://www.coindesk.com/chain-issues-investor-shares-nasdaq-linq/

What do you mean exactly?

Well, bitcoin secures the blockchain with mining.  Everyone competes for the right to check and add entries into the blockchain ledger and earn a reward, and the others check it.  As long as nobody has the ability to predict that they will win the block a couple of times in a row or so, they shouldn't be able to double spend or insert things that don't belong in the chain.  Otherwise it's just a ledger.  

In Dash Evo, it will pretty much only be a competition to earn the reward and do the duty of entering transactions into the blockchain, no checking, no choosing (I believe).  The entries will be checked and locked by a quorum of Masternodes.  If the miner doesn't do what they say, it gets rejected.  Why does this work?  Because the MNs are chosen randomly and the quorum members check against each other.

So, sure, Solarminer, you could use something, a number, whatever in a newspaper to choose something like quorums, but the question is, where do you get the wide ranging, widely owned MNs or whatever you want to call them, to secure the ledger?  You need a wide ranging network with many self interested parties to make this work.  How does a bank get that?
All you need is a reference that doesn't change.  A newspaper clipping has a date, is verifiable, and won't change.  Put your data in that newspaper and it is locked in.  Once in the public domain anyone can verify data on a past newspaper.

Don't confuse masternodes and miners.  The miners find/secure the blocks and add transactions.  Masternodes lock the transactions.  The actual securing the blockchain is still done with miners.  But it doesn't have to be miners like the example above.
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 10:11:00 PM

So many people are touting "Blockchain Technology" but I wonder how they secure it?  In house?  I just don't understand who is mining the coins, how is it leveraged so that it's trustless.  They have to understand that part, thus they must have a way to do it.  Does anyone know how they're doing it?

Well, bitcoin secures the blockchain with mining.  Everyone competes for the right to check and add entries into the blockchain ledger and earn a reward, and the others check it.  As long as nobody has the ability to predict that they will win the block a couple of times in a row or so, they shouldn't be able to double spend or insert things that don't belong in the chain.  Otherwise it's just a ledger.  

In Dash Evo, it will pretty much only be a competition to earn the reward and do the duty of entering transactions into the blockchain, no checking, no choosing (I believe).  The entries will be checked and locked by a quorum of Masternodes.  If the miner doesn't do what they say, it gets rejected.  Why does this work?  Because the MNs are chosen randomly and the quorum members check against each other.

So, sure, Solarminer, you could use something, a number, whatever in a newspaper to choose something like quorums, but the question is, where do you get the wide ranging, widely owned MNs or whatever you want to call them, to secure the ledger?  You need a wide ranging network with many self interested parties to make this work.  How does a bank get that?

That's the question we are all wondering now regarding the new "Blockchain fever" in the economic media. My guess is, they don't have a clue what they are talking about.

Blockchain for the banking system? I want to  see how that happen.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 10:17:37 PM

https://twitter.com/Instacoin/status/683030039433228288
With over 14 Lamassu ATMs in Canada (and many more coming in 2016), we are very interested in adding DASH #bitcoin

http://instacoinatm.com/index-en.html
Although the Bitcoin industry has adopted the term ATM, Instacoin ATMs differ from the traditional automated teller machines you'd associate with banks. Instacoin Bitcoin ATMs are vending machines. Instacoin does not offer any money service or financial product or service. A bank ATM is associated to your bank account and lets you withdraw your money whereas a Bitcoin ATM lets you buy Bitcoin with your money ($CAD).

Thats very good news, thanks for letting us know.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2016, 10:35:39 PM

With over 14 Lamassu ATMs in Canada (and many more coming in 2016), we are very interested in adding DASH #bitcoin

Although the Bitcoin industry has adopted the term ATM, Instacoin ATMs differ from the traditional automated teller machines you'd associate with banks. Instacoin Bitcoin ATMs are vending machines. Instacoin does not offer any money service or financial product or service. A bank ATM is associated to your bank account and lets you withdraw your money whereas a Bitcoin ATM lets you buy Bitcoin with your money ($CAD).
Thanks for posting! I'm all over that RT!

Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 11:04:27 PM

Looks like Otoh just moved his support wall of 9.9K Dash from 0.0055 to 0.007
http://dc-charts.com/depth_dash.php?ex=16&cu=0&tz=5&ar=1
qwizzie looks like you didn`t follow the charts a bit Wink
The BID has appeared 3-4 days ago.
No, he's right. 9.9K DASH at James Bond...  Grin

https://twitter.com/taoofsatoshi/status/683767528502505472

Yep, my bids have been there for a quite good few days now, approx 65 BTC worth @ .007 = currently around $3

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 11:39:35 PM

All you need is a reference that doesn't change.  A newspaper clipping has a date, is verifiable, and won't change.  Put your data in that newspaper and it is locked in.  Once in the public domain anyone can verify data on a past newspaper.

Don't confuse masternodes and miners.  The miners find/secure the blocks and add transactions.  Masternodes lock the transactions.  The actual securing the blockchain is still done with miners.  But it doesn't have to be miners like the example above.

But if you're dealing with money, or coins, then you don't want someone to be able to print themselves coins, so what do you do?  Everyone on a distributed network like Bitcoin is in it for themselves, there is no need for trust.  How does a bank or Nasdaq do this without a centralized network?  Or more to the original question; how did they build their decentralized networks?  Who is a part of it? How do they achieve distribution?  Otherwise it's just a ledger.  Just a centralized ledger.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 11:43:13 PM

Because people are only buying bitcoin, do your customers still have to give out their Passport, retina scan, finger print, body search, god knows what else the guv wants?  Or is it much less?  

BTW, that's griping at the government, not  your services, though I'd like to know what's required to buy Smiley  And I'm very thankful you all are doing this Smiley

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 01:32:56 AM

New Dash Budget Discussion /Detail Page

https://dash.consider.it

Tx @buster
looking great !

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2016, 03:45:45 AM

Tx @buster
looking great !

Took a look, like the style of it.

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 03:57:51 AM

Tx @buster
looking great !

What does S, M or O mean?

DailyModo

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

www.gamebet.gg

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 04:06:50 AM

Sold the last of my dash today. I have about 600 left after I sold last week. I hope it goes down now so I can get back more coins.

Betting on esports with crypto's and steam items has never been easier.
CONTACT
dailymodo@gamebet.gg @GamebetGg
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 04:53:11 AM

Tx @buster
looking great !

What does S, M or O mean?

they are just the shorts for people logged in and giving opinions
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2016, 08:21:12 AM

Chinese stock markets getting pounded. Dow will be next. Bitcoin and Dash getting bounces.

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 08:52:02 AM
Last edit: January 04, 2016, 09:31:55 AM by toknormal

Sold the last of my dash today. I have about 600 left after I sold last week. I hope it goes down now so I can get back more coins.

Out of interest, why did you pick now to sell, right at the end of the 4-hour correction when the sell-off momentum has almost completed its cycle and is now threatening to cross back over to the upside ?

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 11:45:30 AM
Last edit: January 04, 2016, 12:05:43 PM by toknormal

Chinese stock markets getting pounded. Dow will be next. Bitcoin and Dash getting bounces.

Europe currently in full tanking mode. They had to close the Chinese market this morning to stop it from selling off.

The Road Ahead:

Fed raise rates --> tank emerging markets --> tank european markets --> tank US markets --> recession --> massive deflation --> unsustainable sovereign debt-to-GDP ratios --> defaults --> Central Banks: oops, better print more cash --> massive inflation --> currency confidence crisis --> monetary collapse --> IMF: it's ok, we've got a standby world currency called "Special Drawing Rights", lets everybody use that --> reset --> one world currency.

Bewildered public who lost all their money: "You 'bar-stewards'. That was the plan all along  Tongue ".

SDR: A co-operative tri-partheid project by Christine, Janet, Barrak and the Chinese. The IMF is brokering the new currency, the Chinese are capitalising it and the US (globalist lobby) are taking care of detonating the legacy ship with perfect timing to push people into the SDR lifeboat  Wink
volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 12:09:55 PM

Europe currently in full tanking mode. They had to close the Chinese market this morning to stop it from selling off.

The Road Ahead:

Fed raise rates --> tank emerging markets --> tank european markets --> tank US markets --> recession --> massive deflation --> unsustainable sovereign debt-to-GDP ratios --> defaults --> Central Banks: oops, better print more cash --> massive inflation --> currency confidence crisis --> monetary collapse --> IMF: it's ok, we've got a standby world currency called "Special Drawing Rights", lets everybody use that --> reset --> one world currency.

Bewildered public who lost all their money: "You 'bar-stewards'. That was the plan all along  Tongue ".

SDR: A co-operative tri-partheid project by Christine, Janet, Barrak and the Chinese. The IMF is brokering the new currency, the Chinese are capitalising it and the US (globalist lobby) are taking care of detonating the legacy ship with perfect timing to push people into the SDR lifeboat  Wink
You forgot death, blood and suffering. :-/
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 12:27:51 PM

Yeah - that as well  Cheesy

Better get one of these.
stan.distortion

Activity: 317
Merit: 1012

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 12:51:52 PM

The Road Ahead:

Bewildered public who lost all their money: "You 'bar-stewards'. That was the plan all along  Tongue ".

SDR: A co-operative tri-partheid project by Christine, Janet, Barrak and the Chinese. The IMF is brokering the new currency, the Chinese are capitalising it and the US (globalist lobby) are taking care of detonating the legacy ship with perfect timing to push people into the SDR lifeboat  Wink

Yeah, large doses of that if it looks like power's shifting the wrong way, interesting times :/ Don't forget BRICS btw, 2 party economics based on the 2 party US "democratic"(tm) system. If the mainstream media get behind an "end the fed" campaign it's time to panic as the IMF is about to make their winning move and become the "great saviour" from the catastrophe they created for the purpose.

Curious about the trolls methods? http://pastebin.com/irj4Fyd5
Manipulation of public discussion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bYAQ-ZZtEU
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 03:02:24 PM

The Road Ahead:

Bewildered public who lost all their money: "You 'bar-stewards'. That was the plan all along  Tongue ".
Yeah, large doses of that if it looks like power's shifting the wrong way, interesting times :/ Don't forget BRICS btw, 2 party economics based on the 2 party US "democratic"(tm) system. If the mainstream media get behind an "end the fed" campaign it's time to panic as the IMF is about to make their winning move and become the "great saviour" from the catastrophe they created for the purpose.
Way I see it, is that certain populations have become 'ponerized'.
This means that a small group of amoral individuals have taken over control and have steadily removed morality and ethics from the culture, typically psycopathic in nature and are far removed and detest normal society.
An example is drone bombing thousands of innocent civilians in multiple countries, there is no outrage any more, there is no right or wrong, of course none of the somewhat minor protests are shown on the main stream news.
The dumbing down, no clear definition of morality or plan and lack of explanation of whats going on leads to ignorance and further ponerization.
Everything Hitler did was legal and cheered by millions of people, in the UK we had all the MP's clapping for war in Syria making glorious speechs about sending drones in to murder potential terrorists (meaning bombing random houses with children in them, same like the Nazi V2 doodlebugs in WW2), but somehow this time, its the 'right' thing to do.
http://www.ponerology.com/evil_2b.html
''The first step in the ponerization of a group often appears as a moral distortion of the group’s original ideology. The existence of simplistic concepts (e.g., whether moral or legal) blocks any ability for critical thought in relation to the existence of psychopaths or their possible influence on the initial warping of the group’s ideology. Such doctrinaire concepts are prevalent in the neoconservative ideology. For example, “You’re either with us or against us (in the War on Terror)” and the completely arbitrary use of the labels “terrorist,” “terrorist sympathizer”, and “suspected terrorist.”''

''Living in a world whose morals and customs are meaningless to them and even seen as oppressive, psychopaths dream of a "happy" and "just" world where their depraved worldview is accepted as reality. They seek, by any means necessary, to achieve positions in government where their dreams can be brought to fruition. If injustice does exist in a society, their statements regarding the 'unfairness' of their situation can resonate with those who actually do experience such injustice. Thus, revolutionary doctrines can be accepted by both groups for diametrically opposed reasons. ''

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 03:55:11 PM

SCAM Finder Listing !

"A Listing of Companies under Alert who have been reported to us by concerned Community Members"
http://btcreview.info

Pages: « 1 ... 5527 5528 5529 5530 5531 5532 5533 5534 5535 5536 5537 5538 5539 5540 5541 5542 5543 5544 5545 5546 5547 5548 5549 5550 5551 5552 5553 5554 5555 5556 5557 5558 5559 5560 5561 5562 5563 5564 5565 5566 5567 5568 5569 5570 5571 5572 5573 5574 5575 5576 [5577] 5578 5579 5580 5581 5582 5583 5584 5585 5586 5587 5588 5589 5590 5591 5592 5593 5594 5595 5596 5597 5598 5599 5600 5601 5602 5603 5604 5605 5606 5607 5608 5609 5610 5611 5612 5613 5614 5615 5616 5617 5618 5619 5620 5621 5622 5623 5624 5625 5626 5627 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: