Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 03:27:49 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5536 5537 5538 5539 5540 5541 5542 5543 5544 5545 5546 5547 5548 5549 5550 5551 5552 5553 5554 5555 5556 5557 5558 5559 5560 5561 5562 5563 5564 5565 5566 5567 5568 5569 5570 5571 5572 5573 5574 5575 5576 5577 5578 5579 5580 5581 5582 5583 5584 5585 [5586] 5587 5588 5589 5590 5591 5592 5593 5594 5595 5596 5597 5598 5599 5600 5601 5602 5603 5604 5605 5606 5607 5608 5609 5610 5611 5612 5613 5614 5615 5616 5617 5618 5619 5620 5621 5622 5623 5624 5625 5626 5627 5628 5629 5630 5631 5632 5633 5634 5635 5636 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722678 times)
Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 04:53:47 AM

Instantx Vending Machine Vote Results - Day 1

Coke  0.006 DASH
Cherry Coke  0.021 DASH
Dr Pepper  4.001 DASH
Pepsi 0 DASH
7up  0.002 DASH
Sprite  0.001 DASH
Mt Drew  4.001 DASH
Mello Yellow 0 DASH
Diet Cola  0.002 DASH
Rootbeer  0.011 DASH
Mineral Water  0.64117432 DASH

I am surprised mineral water is in the top 3.  

Keep the votes coming by sending your .001 Dash for your 3 choices here:

Coke: XcoKEbG1jeHKitW4HAnrNKgrofWQe9x26a
Cherry Coke: XcCoKeARJarL8VPRrwmnvNeF1nWxWBCoKK
Dr Pepper: XdrPEPRnsDXSMxWdXs3oK7PAC8Mj5HtXwg
Pepsi: XpEPSiWWjQjKZ3kGaMxjE7uc3BJDH26UMk
7up: XsEvuPpw6o4JiRApE3THBEcuCqjqES2Aho
Sprite: XsPrite2xPLbYGnLarcRa75FC3pYrKZrwQ
Mt Dew: XmTdEW1HAaWqDdoWHpo9tyehgmHt3AcF5y
MelloYello: XmYELq3ozZism9DgzHP3kNoyjtFjT7hqXX
Diet Cola: XdiEtmWyuEAaEKaD9wtfwvfPidLmQrTkh1
Rootbeer: Xroot4dLh7s8UeGsXjpLVd5K7WZU8GD7Qj
Mineral Water: XminwjYtcBwEGTohxZKLZkyooRyEWuQKPQ

you better get some new numbers up
there seems to be a race between
Dr Pepper (disgusting !)
and
Coke (yum)
going on
 Grin
Go Mountain Dew!  Grin

Thank you Tungfa, if that was you for the generous Coke tip.  TAO, Mt Dew. Hmmm.  I guess it is top 3 so it goes in.

Latest totals

Coke  6.007 DASH
Cherry Coke  0.021 DASH
Dr Pepper  4.001 DASH
Pepsi  0.011 DASH
7up  0.0021 DASH
Sprite  0.001 DASH
Mt Drew  4.001 DASH
Mello Yellow 0 DASH
Diet Cola  0.002 DASH
Rootbeer  0.011 DASH
Mineral Water  0.64517432 DASH

Anyone for Rootbeer?  It is on the fence with Pepsi.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 05:02:39 AM

Not only is the budget a tax... if you do not own a MN, you have "taxation without representation"

This isn't traditional currency.  This is a service.  People that buy dash to hold it, or speculate are essentially buying into a business.  The weird thing is that the piece of the business you buy is the same as the piece of the business that does the work.  In other words, normal people will only use dash to pay for things or transfer value from point a to point b.  They use the service, and it really doesn't matter how much Dash is worth against fiat.  Maybe some day in the future, people will prefer to use only crypto for everything, and fiat will die, but until then, 99% of the world will simply use Dash like a cheaper credit card.

The budget system is the tool used to pay for the essentials needed to make Dash a better service and to expand the user base.  Evan's idea is that the wisdom of the crowd will guide Dash in the right direction due to enlightened self interest Smiley

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 05:12:03 AM

If you had read the entire discussion you should know that I wanted to get some questions answered about the recent soda machine vote that paid out only 3 days after being proposed.  3 days is not long enough to uncover a potential scammer.

I have no interest in copying a broken system, nor am I suggesting any such thing.

I am trying to help design a better system, one that is not broken, or easily breakable...

It's constructive criticism... take it for what it is...

I have not suggested anything unreasonable or made any claim that is not 100% accurate...

The trolls here are seriously making me consider selling my MN

This I completely agree with.  Right now, however, it's been useful to get ideas quickly implemented, but this obviously can't continue.  I've stated the same thing several times now.  A budget is still a budget.  We only have so much to spend and we need good discussions about it, even before someone sinks 5 dash into making proposals (so they don't waste their coins without a sense of their chances of success)  Also, time will allow the original proposer to adjust their proposition prior to votes being cast, to be more in keeping with what the community desires. 

But again, right now, we're trying to do so many things at once, we need the budget funds, which are pretty scant as Dash hasn't increased in value like we had hoped.  So we're moving along fast.  Thus, those of us who are keeping up with what's going on tend to make quick decisions passing or not passing propositions as they come out, via our gut feelings.  Not the best situation, but not too bad considering how fast things are going Tongue .

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 05:27:19 AM

Did everyone see this?  I missed it, so I'm re-posting, if it has been posted before???!!!  It's a link to the DT thread where they listed all the expenses for 2015 Q4 budgets.
https://dashtalk.org/threads/public-awareness-q4-report.7419/

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 05:34:25 AM

if you do not own a MN, you have "taxation without representation"

Who's being "taxed" without being represented?

Dash holders? Simply holding Dash comes neither with a "tax" nor any income to be "taxed", hence no right to be "represented".

Miners? They vote and are represented by their hashing power and the client-implementations they use. If they don't like a proposal they can let the network die (and relinquish any income ofc) which is an even greater force than Masternode owners.

It's like saying "Australians don't get to vote on how New Zealand tax money is spent, unfair!"

Other than that I agree that the waiting period as well as the participation rate should both be raised.

Yes and no... creating an extra 10% of a currency devalues what a person is holding by 10%... so essentially everyone is being taxed through devaluation of currency, otherwise known as inflation

Not to mention, if these are legitimate expenses, you can expect the recipient to liquidate the Dash to cover the cost... Last I checked, no airlines accept $500 worth of Dash... they want USD...

Except that everyone bought the coin expecting that 10% to be created.  The only change was how it was created.  And in that change, some of that 10% has not been created and never will be created, thus lessening the total eventual supply.

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 05:41:52 AM

How 'bout

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 05:43:41 AM

Last night I presented for Dash to about 100 people

So my 2016 has started in a great way, last night I presented in an entrepreneurship event and explained Dash to people. Crypto was not the only topic on the night, so my presentation was part Dash part traditional business, which made it even better as the audience was not a crypto audience, instead it was all people interested in entrepreneurship and technology start-ups which is a great audience for us. After the presentation several people came by to learn more and I will probably do a webinar for some to learn more specifically how to get involved with DASH and get their first coins.

I encourage all Dash supporters to get out there this year and just talk about Dash. We are already a movement that goes beyond online forums and this is how we will continue to grow.

Wow, super!

Last night I presented for Dash to about 100 people

In November, I was asked to make a presentation to group that focuses on Decentralized Governance and Crypto.  I ended up speaking about DASH for over 2 hours.  Amazingly smart crowd with excellent questions.

Also very cool!  I'm hoping my son, who is studying business will join a club at college and get me "in" to discuss Dash??!!  So far nothing (he's discovered girls, ugh!  LOL)

Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 06:07:26 AM
Last edit: January 07, 2016, 07:03:21 AM by Solarminer

Instantx Vending Machine Vote Results - Day 1

Keep the votes coming by sending your .001 Dash for your 3 choices here:[/b]

Coke: XcoKEbG1jeHKitW4HAnrNKgrofWQe9x26a
Cherry Coke: XcCoKeARJarL8VPRrwmnvNeF1nWxWBCoKK
Dr Pepper: XdrPEPRnsDXSMxWdXs3oK7PAC8Mj5HtXwg
Pepsi: XpEPSiWWjQjKZ3kGaMxjE7uc3BJDH26UMk
7up: XsEvuPpw6o4JiRApE3THBEcuCqjqES2Aho
Sprite: XsPrite2xPLbYGnLarcRa75FC3pYrKZrwQ
Mt Dew: XmTdEW1HAaWqDdoWHpo9tyehgmHt3AcF5y
MelloYello: XmYELq3ozZism9DgzHP3kNoyjtFjT7hqXX
Diet Cola: XdiEtmWyuEAaEKaD9wtfwvfPidLmQrTkh1
Rootbeer: Xroot4dLh7s8UeGsXjpLVd5K7WZU8GD7Qj
Mineral Water: XminwjYtcBwEGTohxZKLZkyooRyEWuQKPQ
Red Stripe: XrEdsTPpnirHozCewVD1XEusip3x6wEeXt
Anyone for Rootbeer?  It is on the fence with Pepsi.
The spirits have answered. Rootbeer Mineral Water just jumped into the lead.  Thanks for the big donations.

Coke  6.007 DASH
Cherry Coke  0.021 DASH
Dr Pepper  4.001 DASH
Pepsi  0.011 DASH
7up  0.0021 DASH
Sprite  0.001 DASH
Mt Drew  4.001 DASH
Mello Yellow
Diet Cola  0.002 DASH
Rootbeer  7.837 DASH
Mineral Water  12.64517432 DASH
Red Stripe .364 DASH

And we have a late Red Strip entry with .364 Dash donation(Thank you).  Time to relax with a cold one, cheers.

tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 11:51:59 AM
Last edit: January 07, 2016, 12:17:48 PM by tungfa

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 12:20:31 PM

Not only is the budget a tax... if you do not own a MN, you have "taxation without representation"

Exactly. This is turning out the be Evan's own piggy bank given he has enough votes to do 10% of the network.

Why else would evan want the % to be so low.

10% is not "consensus"....it is called EVAN or OTOH.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

DeathProxyX

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Earn by Forex. Try our services

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 12:34:02 PM

I am going to start mining some dash....

◄INVEST IN FOREX  AND EARN 10% DAILY● AVAILABLE A  FULL RANGE OF SERVICE FOR YOUR GAIN ►
Account Manager with loss refund policy, Forex Analisys, Trainig, Tips
Follow link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1334480.0 
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 12:44:51 PM

Exactly. This is turning out the be Evan's own piggy bank given he has enough votes to do 10% of the network.

That is not how the system works, for a proposal to pass it needs  YES votes - NO votes > 10% of the network it is designed to resolve controversy Evan would never be able to pass something the community does not want. And just in this last month Otoh voted against a proposal that we on the team feel is very good for Dash he just did not agree with the terms. This proposal still passed, so if you are not part of the Dash network and don't understand how things work please ask before reaching any conclusions.

Also, user Melech just seemed to not have all the info on how the system works, the budget system has a slightly deflationary effect as 100% is not always executed. Also the emission curve for DASH before and after the budget system was created remains the same.  Dash has a way better distribution of rewards that help the project in all areas, not only mining.  

It is maybe our most important differentiation. You can see everything that was possible to accomplish, so far, with this model here:

https://dashtalk.org/threads/dashs-incredible-2015-and-a-gaze-into-the-crystal-balls-2016.7576/

aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 01:56:00 PM

<rant>

Being a Masternode owner is a responsibility, not a right.  If you shirk your responsibilities and just want to sit back and watch the odd payment come in, you forfeit your right to complain.  Masternode owners are an integral part of a healthy ecosystem.  It is their job to maintain the health and well being of the network.  This involves paying attention.

</rant>

That position is not factually correct. There is no structural obligation for MN holders to vote. If there were, I would stop being a MN holder. There is an abstain option, and it is the option I will always use for reasons I've cited upthread.

This does not mean I think the system is bad or should be changed. It is a huge improvement over fiat-world, and I support it by MN acquisition as my means allow.

However, one of the unintended consequences of any effort to "get out the vote" is that it inevitably increases the number of people who will vote for the losing side, and who will as a result become disgruntled. Their level of discomfort is proportional to their fervour over the issue of the day - the more they cared (and lost), the more sour they become. Over time this leads to a lot of friction, as the community is beginning to notice. My approach allows me to step back from that kind of emotional friction and assess only whether the coin still has objective appeal, regardless of how it came to have its features. I'm not a person who votes, but I'm still a contented MN holder.

The meme "it's your duty to vote" originated in the political realm, where it is frequently the case that the choices offered have limited natural appeal to a voter. Hence the advice (in that realm) to "hold your nose and vote" or "find something you like and ignore the rest of the package". People who can't be coerced by the "duty" ploy are typically labelled apathetic (in that realm). I hope the DASH community decides not to import such practices from the political realm. Time will tell.

tl;dr There is no need to badger people to vote yea or nay. The system is structured with an abstain option and that is a good thing.

GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 04:12:12 PM

Bounty!

I will write a poem to whoever is dear enough to compile Electrum-Dash for Debian 8.

I seriously wished I could offer Dash, this really is important.

Source Code

https://github.com/mazaclub/electrum-dash/
oaxaca

Activity: 671
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 04:35:05 PM

<rant>

Being a Masternode owner is a responsibility, not a right.  If you shirk your responsibilities and just want to sit back and watch the odd payment come in, you forfeit your right to complain.  Masternode owners are an integral part of a healthy ecosystem.  It is their job to maintain the health and well being of the network.  This involves paying attention.

</rant>

That position is not factually correct. There is no structural obligation for MN holders to vote. If there were, I would stop being a MN holder. There is an abstain option, and it is the option I will always use for reasons I've cited upthread.

This does not mean I think the system is bad or should be changed. It is a huge improvement over fiat-world, and I support it by MN acquisition as my means allow.

However, one of the unintended consequences of any effort to "get out the vote" is that it inevitably increases the number of people who will vote for the losing side, and who will as a result become disgruntled. Their level of discomfort is proportional to their fervour over the issue of the day - the more they cared (and lost), the more sour they become. Over time this leads to a lot of friction, as the community is beginning to notice. My approach allows me to step back from that kind of emotional friction and assess only whether the coin still has objective appeal, regardless of how it came to have its features. I'm not a person who votes, but I'm still a contented MN holder.

The meme "it's your duty to vote" originated in the political realm, where it is frequently the case that the choices offered have limited natural appeal to a voter. Hence the advice (in that realm) to "hold your nose and vote" or "find something you like and ignore the rest of the package". People who can't be coerced by the "duty" ploy are typically labelled apathetic (in that realm). I hope the DASH community decides not to import such practices from the political realm. Time will tell.

tl;dr There is no need to badger people to vote yea or nay. The system is structured with an abstain option and that is a good thing.

You might notice that the word "vote" did not appear in my rant.  The world is a big place, with lots of different creatures.  If you want to be an Ent, so be it.

"You do not know, perhaps, how strong we are. Maybe you have heard of Trolls? They are mighty strong. But Trolls are only counterfeits, made by the Enemy in the Great Darkness, in mockery of Ents, as Orcs were of Elves. We are stronger than Trolls. We are made of the bones of the earth. We can split stone like the roots of trees, only quicker, far quicker, if our minds are roused!"  -- Treebeard
Minotaur26
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 04:45:05 PM

DASH OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: ELECTRUM-DASH with TREZOR SUPPORT RELEASED

https://dashtalk.org/threads/electrum-dash-with-trezor-support-released.7584/

Quote from: kot, post: 78220, member: 3244
Dear Community Members,

The Dash team is pleased to announce a release of the popular Electrum software wallet designed to work with Dash (Electrum-Dash)!

Electrum is a lightweight and extremely secure wallet that has long been popular in the Bitcoin community. By using Simple Payment Verification (SPV), Electrum-Dash allows users to immediately get started with Dash by eliminating the need for downloading and syncing the entire blockchain. Electrum is also extremely secure, with the ability to enable two-factor authentication, and never requires backups, since the wallet is deterministic. That means all a user’s Dash addresses can be recovered by using a single secret phrase.

Making Dash easier to use is an important goal for the Dash team, and Electrum integration moves Dash ever closer to this goal. Not only does Electrum-Dash allow users to dispense with backups and blockchain downloads, but it also allows Dash to be integrated with the popular Trezor hardware wallet! This provides an extra layer of security and convenience.What is more important, users of Electrum-Dash can store their Dash tokens together with Bitcoin on the same Trezor device.

I would like to thank all of the people involved in development, testing and release process - you did a great job delivering this solution to Dash ecosystem!
There were a lot of people involved in the process, let me name and personally thank those, who made special efforts to close the project:

Rob and Mazaclub for development and technical support
    Evan Duffield for technical assistance and guidance
    tungfa for testing coordination and general support
    Holger Schinzel for administration and release support
    David for help with editorial efforts

Instructions and downloads
For instructions on how to install Electrum-Dash and use it with your Trezor, please visit the following page: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DOC/Using Trezor with Dash

For instructions on how to use Electrum-Dash with your Trezor to store Dash and BTC in parallel, please visit the following page: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=19759304

Source Code
https://github.com/mazaclub/electrum-dash/

Windows Installer
https://www.dash.org/binaries/Electrum-DASH-2.4.1-Windows-setup.exe

OSX Installer
https://www.dash.org/binaries/Electrum-DASH-2.4.1-Installer.pkg

Linux Command Line Installer
https://www.dash.org/binaries/Electrum-DASH-2.4.1-Installer.pkg (requires sudo for system install, without for user directory install - chmod +x and run. Self extracting tarball/installer script, cat to view script).
Melech

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 04:49:13 PM

This is the situation I would like to avoid with a minor change in the protocol.

If Evan does in fact own 500+ MNs, he could create a vote 24hrs before a super block, vote it up to 500:0 immediately, and let a few lemmings follow... pretty much guarantees the vote will pass and payout before half the MNs even see it (read: have an opportunity to vote)...  That is a BAD situation, and there is no reason to have it as a possibility...

24hr minimum and 10% are a bad combination, at least one of those 2 NEEDS to change

▄▄▓▓█▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓██▓▄▄
             ▄▓█▓▀                ▀▓█▓█
          ▄▓█▓      ▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄      ▀█▓▄
        ▄▓██    ▄▓▓██████████████▓▓▄    ██▓▄
       ▓██    ▓▓████████▓▀▀██████████▓    ██▓
      ▓█░   █▓█████▓▀ ▓██  ▓██ ▀▓▓█████▓    ▓▓
     ▓█    ▓█████▀  ▄▓▓██████▓▓▓▄  ▓████▓    ██
    ▓██   █████▓ ▄▓▓  ▄██░▐███▄ ▀▓▓ ░▓███▓   ██▓
    ██    █████ █▓  ▓████░▐████▓█ █▓ ░█████   ██
    ██   ▐████ ▐█  ▓█████░▐██████░ █▌ █████   ██░
    ██   ▐████ ▐██ ▓█████░▐█████▓ █▓ ░█████   ██░
    ██    ████▓ █▓█ ▀▓▓██░▐██▓▓  █▓  ▓████    ██
    ▐█▓  ░████▓▄  ▀▓▓▄▄██░▐███▄▓▓  █▓████░   ██▌
     ▐██   ▓████▓▄▄  ▀██░▐███  ▄▓▓████▓░   ██▓
      ▐█▓    █▓██████▓▓██████▓▓████████    ▐█▓
       ▐█▓▄    ▀▓██████████████████▓▀    ▄▓██
         ▐█▓▄     ▀▀▓▓████████▓▓▀▀     ▄▓██
            ▓██▄                    ▄█▓▓▀
              ▀▓█▓▓▄▄          ▄▄▓▓█▓▀
                   ▀▀▓▓██████▓▓▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Together we can change
❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ the internet ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  Social Media
▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
               ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
             ▄███`  ,▄▄,   ▀██▄
            ▐██▀  ▄███████   ██▌
          ,▄███   ████████▌  ▐██▄,
      ,▄███████▄  █▄▄██▄▄█  ▄███████▄▄
     ██████████████████████████████████,
    ▐████▌   ██████████████████   ▐█████
     ▀████▄▄████████▀  "████████▄▄████▀
       `▀████████████▄▄████████████▀▀
            '▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀▀
         ▄▄                      ▄▄
        ███          ▄▄⌐         ███
       ███           ██▌          ▀██
      ███            ██▌           ▀██
                     ██▌
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 04:51:29 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2016, 07:40:39 PM by aigeezer

<rant>

Being a Masternode owner is a responsibility, not a right.  If you shirk your responsibilities and just want to sit back and watch the odd payment come in, you forfeit your right to complain.  Masternode owners are an integral part of a healthy ecosystem.  It is their job to maintain the health and well being of the network.  This involves paying attention.

</rant>

You might notice that the word "vote" did not appear in my rant.  The world is a big place, with lots of different creatures.  

Indeed. Were you referring to something other than voting? Anyway, I agree with your "big place" meme. The rant did not come across that way to me. All is well.

Edit: fixed my messed-up quote-excerpt scope boundaries. Sorry!

Minotaur26
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 04:57:01 PM

This is the situation I would like to avoid with a minor change in the protocol.

If Evan does in fact own 500+ MNs, he could create a vote 24hrs before a super block, vote it up to 500:0 immediately, and let a few lemmings follow... pretty much guarantees the vote will pass and payout before half the MNs even see it (read: have an opportunity to vote)...  That is a BAD situation, and there is no reason to have it as a possibility...

24hr minimum and 10% are a bad combination, at least one of those 2 NEEDS to change

Evan does not own 500+ nodes. Otoh our largest investor currently owns about 430 nodes as he divested a big portion of his nodes in favor of more distribution and a healthier network, also giving new whales the opportunity to buy in.  Having said that, I don't see why the minimum age for a proposal could not be changed to 48 or 72 hours to always give the network more time. I think that is a really good suggestion.
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2016, 05:25:17 PM

DASH OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: ELECTRUM-DASH with TREZOR SUPPORT RELEASED

https://dashtalk.org/threads/electrum-dash-with-trezor-support-released.7584/

https://twitter.com/taoofsatoshi/status/685135226490761219

An administrator at Bitcoin Trezor told me he's going to make a post about this. Good exposure, great work to all involved!
https://twitter.com/bitcointrezor/status/685141254724796416

Pages: « 1 ... 5536 5537 5538 5539 5540 5541 5542 5543 5544 5545 5546 5547 5548 5549 5550 5551 5552 5553 5554 5555 5556 5557 5558 5559 5560 5561 5562 5563 5564 5565 5566 5567 5568 5569 5570 5571 5572 5573 5574 5575 5576 5577 5578 5579 5580 5581 5582 5583 5584 5585 [5586] 5587 5588 5589 5590 5591 5592 5593 5594 5595 5596 5597 5598 5599 5600 5601 5602 5603 5604 5605 5606 5607 5608 5609 5610 5611 5612 5613 5614 5615 5616 5617 5618 5619 5620 5621 5622 5623 5624 5625 5626 5627 5628 5629 5630 5631 5632 5633 5634 5635 5636 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: