Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:19:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6072 6073 6074 6075 6076 6077 6078 6079 6080 6081 6082 6083 6084 6085 6086 6087 6088 6089 6090 6091 6092 6093 6094 6095 6096 6097 6098 6099 6100 6101 6102 6103 6104 6105 6106 6107 6108 6109 6110 6111 6112 6113 6114 6115 6116 6117 6118 6119 6120 6121 [6122] 6123 6124 6125 6126 6127 6128 6129 6130 6131 6132 6133 6134 6135 6136 6137 6138 6139 6140 6141 6142 6143 6144 6145 6146 6147 6148 6149 6150 6151 6152 6153 6154 6155 6156 6157 6158 6159 6160 6161 6162 6163 6164 6165 6166 6167 6168 6169 6170 6171 6172 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722504 times)
Bitcoin0916

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 03:44:49 AM

Dash is one of my favorite altcoin, I already have about 80 Dash since the first time I bought at the price of 0.008 in October 2015. Until now, I never sell. Hope the price could reach or exceed the highest price in August 2016.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 04:05:06 AM

Proposal: Conferences & Travel - ICE Totally Gaming Conference in London

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposal-conferences-travel-ice-totally-gaming.12855/

This proposal funds Dash's participation in the ICE Totally Gaming Conference in London, where we will present a combined payment and compliance solution for the gaming market with Coinfirm.
Wow! This is really going for the jugular.

"Dash will participate in the conference jointly with Coinfirm to present a combined offer for the gaming and gambling sector."

Are you removing mixing from 12.1 too?   Pretty much no point in mixing coins if Coinfirm is logging every transaction as mixed or unmixed.  Once merchants/exchanges only accept the unmixed transactions, whoops just killed mixing.  So much for fungibility.

I guess you could pay lawyers to sue merchants/exchanges for not accepting mixed transactions or to defend any money laundering bills that come up.  Maybe start an anti-fungibility fighter budget proposal too.
Solarminer

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 04:30:22 AM

Even if you believed in Dash tech, you would be put off by all the corruption with core guys passing proposals that do nothing.   Legal, ATMs, ATM compliance.   All BS proposals with no updates except for some creative writing.
I couldn't have said that better myself.

This thread can summarize some of the problems.   Note that the thread is closed for new comments.
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dash-core-team-accountability-and-lack-of-communication.12567/

Your mistake was assuming you were participating in a normal FOSS project, when in reality the Dash community is more like a OneCoin or Scientology multi-level-marketing scam complete with insular, cultish us-vs-them attitudes.

Why didn't you listen to what vertoe said when she quit the project?  The lack of accountability and (meaningful) communication is 100% entailed by the top-down Duffield-centric hierarchy vertoe described in her magnum opus.

i left because i disagree darkcoin or however it will be called next year is not a decentralized entity. it never was but i ignored it as long as darkcoin was following the same path i was following. the path to total financial privacy. and thats why i am so upset about how this currency is lead by a single person. darkcoin is like an old conservative company with strong hierarchical comamnd structures and a single person on the top of the pyramid. evan duffield. the rebranding using a detergent name was just a step forward in creating something like apple or paypal. fuck this i tell you. what we need is a trustless, decentralized and anonymous currency. darkcoin is not decentralized as it still relies on a single person. and this reaches deep into the code base.

the core devs were just a bunch of volunteers exploited for the big thing. the extended darkcoin team was the same with even a lower place to sit on that pyramid. and what was the darkcoin foundation again? right, something to reserve some rights on some names and collect money. who nominated and voted for the foundation board? who does even know who are these guys? how did we learn about the foundation? from local news papers! the team listings kept counting names of people nobody ever noticed before. and they never committed anything visible to the community or the repository. and i was spending 25 hours a day monitory everything that happened in the darkcoin community for more than a year. the things going on here are fishy, intransparent and rely on a single entity.

i will get out and and will contribute to something decentralized and anonymous. i always hoped darkcoin could fill that void. i cant blame anyone to stay with this project. you are probably investors trying to win a gold donkey. or you are simply trying to exploit every possible vector of profit in the coins space. whatever. you are not here because darkcoin is something it claims to be.

if you disagree with my statement above, i dont care, but answer that simple question: what if evan duffield suddenly announces he quits the project tomorrow morning?

good luck

That was almost two years ago, yet here you are acting all shocked and butthurt about the exact same "Decentralization Theater" issues that vertoe laid out and have been sitting around for all to read.

You had plenty of warning about Dash's Scientology-esque attack-the-attacker responses to criticism, so stop whining and accept you got brainwashed by a cult (albeit aided by your own greed).

TheDashGuy also told you in no uncertain terms.

Quote from: TheDashGuy

What the hell is wrong with this picture? i thought we were a decentralized project?

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/what-the-hell-is-wrong-with-this-picture-i-thought-we-were-a-decentralized-project.9229/

Starting to look like an old fashion centralized company around here. I guess theres only 3 peoples opinions who matter.

I don't exactly support Taos proposal as is but do you see me over here hounding him about spamming or anything just because I wish he would focus on something else? Or treating him like an annoying child like you guys always do?

No.

So get off your high horses. just because you bought so many nodes early on Daniel doesn't give you any sort of ownership over this goddamn project.

It's either decentralized or it isn't. Stop mincing words and meanings. Stick to your shit and stop going back and forth. You guys are really starting to worry me with this whole attitude honestly. Sort of wish I would have done more research about the team before committing so much of my time to this shit.

Grow the hell up and learn some people skills, you guys are really starting to show your true colors it seems. Dictating the way things are going to go and literally making people look bad who disagree with you and or starting some shit about people being trolls.

Not really sure why I'm here honestly, I believed in a decentralized economy that would be more fair to the average Joe, thats obviously not Dash. You guys just wanna stack more MN's while thier cheap, then control the voting all the way through! Smart move!

Such bullshit. Go ahead keep wasting the budget on getting richer and when the whole goddamn project collapses we'll know who to blame.

At least you are starting to wake up and realize Evan's cult considers him above reproach no matter what he does (rebrand to Dash, abandoning DarkCoin's massive name recognition and reputation for some generic soap BS) or does not do (no 2mb blocks despite overwhelming votes for that feature), and you are never going to get that Golden Donkey.

Isn't it about time you started crying fraud, now that you are starting to see the fraud?

Or will you persist in maintaining the delusion that a cult's leader is somehow accountable to and obligated to communicate with his bagholding, Kool-Aid drinking followers?

I think I found just one thing incorrect in your post.  Vertoe is a guy.

Well, I can answer this.  "What if evan duffield suddenly announces he quits the project tomorrow morning?" 
Vcash crashed and burned pretty hard when the developer blew up and left.  And Evan didn't go to the BTC Miami event....queue the Xfiles music.
bigrcanada1

Activity: 673
Merit: 531

Proud Lifetime DASH Foundation Member

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2017, 04:31:12 AM

People....PLEASE STOP QUOTING THE TROLLS!  Undecided
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 04:31:36 AM

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposal-conferences-travel-ice-totally-gaming.12855/

This proposal funds Dash's participation in the ICE Totally Gaming Conference in London, where we will present a combined payment and compliance solution for the gaming market with Coinfirm.

"Dash will participate in the conference jointly with Coinfirm to present a combined offer for the gaming and gambling sector."

Are you removing mixing from 12.1 too?   Pretty much no point in mixing coins if Coinfirm is logging every transaction as mixed or unmixed.  Once merchants/exchanges only accept the unmixed transactions, whoops just killed mixing.

From what I understand, mixed transactions will be evaluated on a case by case risk assessment bases. That was the whole point of the partnership, so having mixed transactions would not be an acceptance problem. With all the new laws being pushed Dash may end up being the only anon coin accepted in regards to mainstream adoption. This is a good thing.

Good luck finding another anon coin that won't run afoul of the law. What is your solution?

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 04:37:14 AM

People....PLEASE STOP QUOTING THE TROLLS!  Undecided

Yeah i always try and cut out most of the FUD and still leave the somewhat legit questions intact. So if i quote the trolls you can be assured i cut as much as possible but leave just enough to have my response make sense in context.

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2017, 04:46:51 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2017, 05:03:30 AM by iCEBREAKER

Could anyone explain me why Dash is needed at all?

Is it not just Bitcoin + Lightning Netowork + some Mixing Tool ?

What is the difference between those 2 ?

And Dash is not fungible like Monero, right ?

Is monero fungible when you don't even know for certain how many coins are being produced due to an opaque block chain?

No Dash is very different from all of those projects.  Lightning Network is a separate network that you have to lock your coins to for up to a year to make it worth while.  Only those who buy into your chain can be traded with.  it's clunky and ineloquent.  Dash has everything as part of the core network, instant, fungible/private.  It puts the user experience first, not a bunch of complex add on networks that lock you in a corner and nobody will use.  The lightning network might as well be a way to color your coins and make them less valuable due to inability to pull out and convert to something else.

Lord have mercy, "isn't Dash just BTC + Lightning + "some mixing tool"?  Obviously you have no idea what Dash has done.  It's too much to explain here, but I highly suggest you play in Testnet to see how it works, and then if you are interested, read the papers on Evolution to see where Dash is going.  Where Dash is going would be impossible for any single tier network to achieve.

Because Dash lacks SEGWIT, it does not and cannot have Lightning Network or any other kind of payment channels.

Until Dash has SEGWIT its transactions are malleable and thus cannot be locked for use in Lightning type write cache schemata.

As for TS2's laughably incompetent and off-topic FUD about another coin, it's best to consult the experts at StackExchange.

http://monero.stackexchange.com/questions/692/how-can-i-verify-the-monero-coin-supply-without-using-a-block-explorer

Starting with v0.10.1, there is now a command that give you this information.
Code:
print_coinbase_tx_sum

Dash does not have a StackExchange because crypto experts do not find it interesting and its attempt to be listed resulted in failure (just like the Lamassu ATM, Mycelium, and Legal/Compliance Research projects).

PS  

PLEASE STOP QUOTING THE PUMPERS!

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 04:58:40 AM

Wow! This is really going for the jugular.

Are you removing mixing from 12.1 too?   Pretty much no point in mixing coins if Coinfirm is logging every transaction as mixed or unmixed.  Once merchants/exchanges only accept the unmixed transactions, whoops just killed mixing.  So much for fungibility.

I guess you could pay lawyers to sue merchants/exchanges for not accepting mixed transactions or to defend any money laundering bills that come up.  Maybe start an anti-fungibility fighter budget proposal too.

I'm sorry Solar, but this makes no sense to me.

Well, I can answer this.  "What if evan duffield suddenly announces he quits the project tomorrow morning?" 
Vcash crashed and burned pretty hard when the developer blew up and left.  And Evan didn't go to the BTC Miami event....queue the Xfiles music.

LOL, are you being funny?  Evan is fine.  Ryan did a fantastic job presenting, and they simply decided to give Ryan a go out presenting. I'm not so sure Evan likes to present so much??!!!

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Solarminer

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 05:04:38 AM

Are you removing mixing from 12.1 too?   Pretty much no point in mixing coins if Coinfirm is logging every transaction as mixed or unmixed.  Once merchants/exchanges only accept the unmixed transactions, whoops just killed mixing.

From what I understand, mixed transactions will be evaluated on a case by case risk assessment bases. That was the whole point of the partnership, so having mixed transactions would not be an acceptance problem. With all the new laws being pushed Dash may end up being the only anon coin accepted in regards to mainstream adoption. This is a good thing.

Good luck finding another anon coin that won't run afoul of the law. What is your solution?
Ok, but only since you asked.  
- Shadowcash has a two tiered network.  One set of addresses is completely transparent.  The other set is mixed.  You can transfer between the two layers and keep the first set looking like unmixed transactions.
- Maidsafe will do instant and anonymous without history that can be tracked.
- Zcoin has indicated they may change to do mixing 100% of the time and still have a transparent blockchain.   A much better solution to fungibility.  This still might get the flag - but at least all Zcoins would be worth the same.
- Zcash will have thunder - Like lightning.
- Lightning will enable mixing and instant transactions.  Looks like Litecoin may even be first with Bitcoin after.  The mixing happens off blockchain so it shouldn't be detected by Coinfirm.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2017, 06:31:14 AM

So even supposedly mixed Dash transactions still have distinguishing and identifying features sufficient for Coinfirm to treat them differently.

That's taking lack of fungibility to a whole new level.  Not to mention the 100% centralized nature of having Coinfirm Inc. function as a gatekeeper.

Of course since it reportedly takes hours or days to use Dash's abandoned and atrophied mixing system, nobody actually uses it.   Tongue

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 06:43:45 AM

man man - solar now officially siding with the trolls  Grin
after he tried to scam us and sell that SLACK channel for hard cash (nobody took it obviously - why would anybody pay)
he seems officially bud hurt out there
dont u cry now - remember u brought this on yourself   Cry
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 06:49:37 AM

after he tried to scam us and sell that SLACK channel for hard cash (nobody took it obviously - why would anybody pay)

That's what happens when you sell all your coins in rage then realise that you need to pay more to get back in.
volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 06:55:26 AM

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/3sa0cr/what_coins_are_most_likely_a_scam/
volyova
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 07:17:00 AM

Charlie has recently been getting into anoncoins! He is so naughty! His assessment of a couple of them is presented here.

https://twitter.com/SatoshiLite/status/823679389401387009

dafdaf

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 07:43:43 AM

Icetroll-like BS full of bitterness

I'm getting tired of that crap.
Solarminer ---> ignore.
Solarminer

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 07:45:29 AM

This just shows how incompetent the marketing team is.  We offered the core team the option to bid(with no minimum) on the slack that we built over 1000 users with 15,000 messages a week.   What did they bid?   No response.  Not even a we want it, but we don't want to pay.  Genius move.
volyova
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 07:49:40 AM

Yes, yes..I'm a troll, Icebreaker's a troll and now solarminer is a troll. Anyone who criticises Dash at all is obviously a troll. Tell me, is Charlie Lee also a troll? Because he is also saying some horrible and nasty things about poor, harangued, hard-done-by Dash. Maybe you should put him on the ignore/troll list as well, just in case he decides to post a comment here?

Newbs get this: when the masternode sell-off begins it will already be too late for you to get out. You will wake up in the poor house. Ditch this shit now while you can still get a relatively high price for it.
volyova
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 08:21:35 AM

Anyone surprised though? just saying....
Yes. I am surprised.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2017, 08:33:00 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2017, 08:45:02 AM by iCEBREAKER

man man - solar now officially siding with the trolls  Grin
dont u cry now - remember u brought this on yourself   Cry
Yes, yes..I'm a troll, Icebreaker's a troll and now solarminer is a troll. Anyone who criticises Dash at all is obviously a troll. Tell me, is Charlie Lee also a troll? Because he is also saying some horrible and nasty things about poor, harangued, hard-done-by Dash. Maybe you should put him on the ignore/troll list as well, just in case he decides to post a comment here?

Newbs get this: when the masternode sell-off begins it will already be too late for you to get out. You will wake up in the poor house. Ditch this shit now while you can still get a relatively high price for it.

Shots fired!!!

Wow, Charlie Lee is Grade A troll.  Who knew?   Tongue

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
wackyD

Activity: 170
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 08:45:12 AM

Wow, Charlie Lee is Grade A troll.  Who knew?   Tongue

Who cares what this guy thinks?

His claim to fame was driven by:

CTRL-C
CTRL-P

And litecoin was born
He's not an innovator and apart from his mouth mouthing off, doesn't contribute that much
Pages: « 1 ... 6072 6073 6074 6075 6076 6077 6078 6079 6080 6081 6082 6083 6084 6085 6086 6087 6088 6089 6090 6091 6092 6093 6094 6095 6096 6097 6098 6099 6100 6101 6102 6103 6104 6105 6106 6107 6108 6109 6110 6111 6112 6113 6114 6115 6116 6117 6118 6119 6120 6121 [6122] 6123 6124 6125 6126 6127 6128 6129 6130 6131 6132 6133 6134 6135 6136 6137 6138 6139 6140 6141 6142 6143 6144 6145 6146 6147 6148 6149 6150 6151 6152 6153 6154 6155 6156 6157 6158 6159 6160 6161 6162 6163 6164 6165 6166 6167 6168 6169 6170 6171 6172 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: