Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:10:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6084 6085 6086 6087 6088 6089 6090 6091 6092 6093 6094 6095 6096 6097 6098 6099 6100 6101 6102 6103 6104 6105 6106 6107 6108 6109 6110 6111 6112 6113 6114 6115 6116 6117 6118 6119 6120 6121 6122 6123 6124 6125 6126 6127 6128 6129 6130 6131 6132 6133 [6134] 6135 6136 6137 6138 6139 6140 6141 6142 6143 6144 6145 6146 6147 6148 6149 6150 6151 6152 6153 6154 6155 6156 6157 6158 6159 6160 6161 6162 6163 6164 6165 6166 6167 6168 6169 6170 6171 6172 6173 6174 6175 6176 6177 6178 6179 6180 6181 6182 6183 6184 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722516 times)
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 11:32:33 PM

Can you answer why  XMR supporters are radically aggressive appearing in each and every single thread, flooding the discussions, and FUDing all the coins that appear on their way?
Not just DASH but all other coins as well?
[/quote]

[XMR] Monero - Marketing Team & Tactics
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1233817.0

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 11:42:39 PM

http://www.coindesk.com/fbi-concerned-about-criminal-use-of-private-cryptocurrency-monero/

The privacy-focused digital currency monero has captured the attention of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), which has expressed concerns over its use among criminals.

and so it begins...

Following the event, the special agent said he couldn't provide additional details specifically pertaining to the FBI’s investigative techniques surrounding monero when asked by CoinDesk.

oh boy   Shocked

Coinfirm should be able to track IP to masternode address to how many rewards each masternode gets to where it is spent.   At that point, any law that comes into play can force a warrant to get the user of an IP address and file criminal charges....tax evasion, mixing(laundering), money transmitter, not declaring crypto holdings over xxxx amount.   The law may not exist now, but the blockchain is forever so expect retroactive enforcement.  Ironically, it would be a piece of cake for the Fed to go after Dash "criminals".  What about mixing?   Feds can just declare mixed coins laundered too.

There is a solution.  It is called IP blinding.

"tax evasion, mixing(laundering), money transmitter, not declaring crypto holdings over xxxx amount."

these problems are not unique to DASH, all crypto are susceptible, at least for the 3 year irs statute of limitation (so no, not forever). masternodes don't come into possession of coins so mark mixing and money transmitter off the list too.

tok answered the other questions eloquently, as always.

wackyD

Activity: 170
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 11:43:35 PM

Cry I had to post this here due to hard trolling lately  Cry
[off-topic removed]

Criticism of Dash's Instamine, centralized development, and many expensive, unaccountable failed projects is not "trolling."

And it's on-topic, unlike your post.

Let's change the subject back to Dash, shall we?

Here's coblee (Coinbase's Dir. of Engineering) clarifying why Dash's shitty governance isn't his cup of tea.

--->

OK, which one of you cult enforcers marked ^this^ as "Trolling?"   Cheesy

This is essentially a shill post for monero. stop shilling on the dash forum.
wackyD

Activity: 170
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 11:44:41 PM

puuh, this dash vs. monero fight is so annoying.

the only outcome of this fight will be that a lot of people will stop following the threads and will forget both coins.

Huh

Dash people tend to stick to the topic of dash. We just have a legion of monero trolls on here that either like to shill for monero or try and put dash down in any way they deem fit (usually through lies)

tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 01:48:12 AM

Copay-Dash Wallet (Testnet Only / RC 0.1)

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/copay-dash-wallet-testnet-only-rc-0-1.12930/

Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 02:09:27 AM

Coinfirm should be able to track IP to masternode address to how many rewards each masternode gets to where it is spent.   At that point, any law that comes into play can force a warrant to get the user of an IP address and file criminal charges....tax evasion, mixing(laundering), money transmitter, not declaring crypto holdings over xxxx amount.   The law may not exist now, but the blockchain is forever so expect retroactive enforcement.  Ironically, it would be a piece of cake for the Fed to go after Dash "criminals".  What about mixing?   Feds can just declare mixed coins laundered too.

"tax evasion, mixing(laundering), money transmitter, not declaring crypto holdings over xxxx amount."

these problems are not unique to DASH, all crypto are susceptible, at least for the 3 year irs statute of limitation (so no, not forever). masternodes don't come into possession of coins so mark mixing and money transmitter off the list too.

No, actually Dash is uniquely susceptible.  Masternode IPs are required to be static and public.  They also require collateral stored in an address.   No other currency (besides Dash clones) links a public address with funds and rewards to the IP address.

The 3 year limitation is only if you want to get a refund back.  If the IRS finds that you owe money, there is a 10 year limitation.
MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 03:12:28 AM
Last edit: February 01, 2017, 03:49:20 AM by MasterMined710

Coinfirm should be able to track IP to masternode address to how many rewards each masternode gets to where it is spent.   At that point, any law that comes into play can force a warrant to get the user of an IP address and file criminal charges....tax evasion, mixing(laundering), money transmitter, not declaring crypto holdings over xxxx amount.   The law may not exist now, but the blockchain is forever so expect retroactive enforcement.  Ironically, it would be a piece of cake for the Fed to go after Dash "criminals".  What about mixing?   Feds can just declare mixed coins laundered too.

No, actually Dash is uniquely susceptible.  Masternode IPs are required to be static and public.  They also require collateral stored in an address.   No other currency (besides Dash clones) links a public address with funds and rewards to the IP address.

The 3 year limitation is only if you want to get a refund back.  If the IRS finds that you owe money, there is a 10 year limitation.

my ip is not linked/associated with my masternodes (ran by a 3rd party in different country). i am not trying to avoid the irs anyway. there was a paper published recently about how to hide masternodes but it was over my head. vertoe even surfaced to check it out, i'm sure you saw it.

Edit: here it is...
Security-Privacy-Centric Solution For Anonymous DASH (Masternode) Local Wallet Based On Debian GNU/Linux, VirtualBox, Whonix GNU/Linux Including Tor And Tails
– VERSION 0.1.8 [2016-12-17] –
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DOC/Dash+Security-Privacy+Paper

i want to be invested in a coin like dash/btc that is in compliance and plans to go mainstream not be regulated to the darknet. and like tok said, you have to move to fiat at some point, those choke points will catch up with you eventually if you are worried about hiding from the irs.

here is some good info if you are planning on avoiding taxes and trying to get away with it, i don't advise doing that...

How Far Back Can IRS Claim Tax Evasion Or Fraud? Timing Is Everything
http://www.forbes.com/sites/robertwood/2013/10/13/how-far-back-can-irs-claim-tax-evasion-or-fraud-timing-is-everything/#1c1f03be53ff

Terzo2

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 07:37:36 AM
Last edit: February 01, 2017, 07:54:44 AM by Terzo2

The icebreaker is super active these days. This is always a good sign.
He is so irritated by the DASH success .  Grin
Riseman

Activity: 690
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 07:56:59 AM

This is just hilarious.

The Monero trolling squad accuses Dash of illegal money services forgetting that Monero is second after Bitcoin in black markets.
The Dash promoters accuse Monero of market manipulation forgetting that Dash price does a full retrace after each pump (like the one likely to be unfolding now).

You guys deserve each other.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 08:17:07 AM

...forgetting that Dash price does a full retrace after each pump.

1st pump = retraced to a 2500% gain level at its lowest point
2nd pump = full retrace that lasted all of 10 days
3rd pump = retraced to 100% gain level at its lowest point
MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 08:41:28 AM

This is just hilarious.

The Monero trolling squad accuses Dash of illegal money services forgetting that Monero is second after Bitcoin in black markets.
The Dash promoters accuse Monero of market manipulation forgetting that Dash price does a full retrace after each pump (like the one likely to be unfolding now).

You guys deserve each other.

nobody really uses anything on the darkmarket but btc. i'm guessing it is 95% btc. people my use other alts before or after the fact to clean their btc and exit to fiat.

not sure about price manipulation but from the charts (tok's) i have seen on other alts it looks like a big bubble compared to dash's slow steady growth.
all cryptos pump and dump but dash is always retracing higher, at least compared to btc which we have outperformed every year since launch. 2017 will be no different.

Walter_S

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 09:12:17 AM

Coinfirm should be able to track IP to masternode address to how many rewards each masternode gets to where it is spent.   At that point, any law that comes into play can force a warrant to get the user of an IP address and file criminal charges....tax evasion, mixing(laundering), money transmitter, not declaring crypto holdings over xxxx amount.   The law may not exist now, but the blockchain is forever so expect retroactive enforcement.  Ironically, it would be a piece of cake for the Fed to go after Dash "criminals".  What about mixing?   Feds can just declare mixed coins laundered too.

No, actually Dash is uniquely susceptible.  Masternode IPs are required to be static and public.  They also require collateral stored in an address.   No other currency (besides Dash clones) links a public address with funds and rewards to the IP address.

The 3 year limitation is only if you want to get a refund back.  If the IRS finds that you owe money, there is a 10 year limitation.

my ip is not linked/associated with my masternodes (ran by a 3rd party in different country). i am not trying to avoid the irs anyway. there was a paper published recently about how to hide masternodes but it was over my head. vertoe even surfaced to check it out, i'm sure you saw it.

Edit: here it is...
Security-Privacy-Centric Solution For Anonymous DASH (Masternode) Local Wallet Based On Debian GNU/Linux, VirtualBox, Whonix GNU/Linux Including Tor And Tails
– VERSION 0.1.8 [2016-12-17] –
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DOC/Dash+Security-Privacy+Paper

i want to be invested in a coin like dash/btc that is in compliance and plans to go mainstream not be regulated to the darknet. and like tok said, you have to move to fiat at some point, those choke points will catch up with you eventually if you are worried about hiding from the irs.

here is some good info if you are planning on avoiding taxes and trying to get away with it, i don't advise doing that...

How Far Back Can IRS Claim Tax Evasion Or Fraud? Timing Is Everything
http://www.forbes.com/sites/robertwood/2013/10/13/how-far-back-can-irs-claim-tax-evasion-or-fraud-timing-is-everything/#1c1f03be53ff

+1

Anybody who thinks Dash is going to grow to mainstream adoption without working cooperatively with authorities on compliance and regulation is living in a dreamworld.

Taxation is a fact of life in a civilized world, yet it sounds like some on here believe that Dash should be capable of providing effective means to evade tax liabilities, or worse, develop such a feature as a selling point for Dash?

Dash will be dead in the water if we try to make an enemy of the state.

Walter
MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 09:43:28 AM

i'm not thrilled about having to pay taxes but if you don't pay your protection money they will eventually send their masked men to your house with automatic guns to kick in your door and kidnap (arrest) you and lock you in a cage (jail) and hold you for ransom (bail). that does not sound very "civilized" to me, but maybe one day with the help of tech like dash we can live in a more peaceful, more civilized society without our money being taken by force or threats of force.

Stratosf43ric

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 09:55:16 AM

I´ve had enough with this shitshow. I just hate newbies being trapped by this constant deception game by the instaminers and some paid shills.

The story of this coin from the very first days (big instamine continued by big reduction of coin supply) should just raise the first red flag.

Then created the Masternodes trap as to have an economic incentive to buy and hoard resulting in less coins in the market and apreciation in prize. It would be good if it actually improved privacy and not just create a massive attack vector to the governance and privacy workings of the now renamed Dash, especially when more than 90% of MNs are in VPS from third parties and probably there´s no more than 50 MN owners.

I was going to expand myself a little more but must leave...

Just stop it, i think you are hurting the crypto-space. There are many honest projects out there, just hope everyone does his/her research before supporting/investing in them.

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 10:10:37 AM
Last edit: February 01, 2017, 10:32:25 AM by toknormal

Hello cryptohunter or whoever you are today.

Looks like the only "trapped newbies" (other than your good self) are the ones who listened to this kind of bs year in year out.

instaminers...paid shills....massive attack vector

AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 10:13:56 AM

...forgetting that Dash price does a full retrace after each pump.

1st pump = retraced to a 2500% gain level at its lowest point
2nd pump = full retrace that lasted all of 10 days
3rd pump = retraced to 100% gain level at its lowest point

Things are bit more complicated than Riseman points: There are p&d but with time - less and less.
 And there is one steady longtime rising line that makes every retrace higher and higher. I know that 'cause 'm trying to buy at dips - unsuccessfully  for long time.
 I think that is because Evan and the team saw this long time ago, and it is now pretty obvious.
So for criminals way goes:    ... - btc - xmr ( or some similar coin ) - btc - usd
At first it was only btc. Then untraceable middle coin was needed.
That middle coin has to have volume for big operations. Drk ( darkcoin) was at one moment there.
Now dash is not fast in obfuscation - I think because that way it separates criminal from privacy. Criminals need to hide fast, they don't have time for mixing.
Then it comes to xmr team behavior, isn't it obvious? And -they start from - here.

edit: Ha, Tok faster than me.
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 10:30:00 AM
Last edit: February 01, 2017, 01:00:06 PM by AzzAz

I´ve had enough with this shitshow. I just hate newbies being trapped by this constant deception game by the instaminers and some paid shills.

The story of this coin from the very first days (big instamine continued by big reduction of coin supply) should just raise the first red flag.

Then created the Masternodes trap as to have an economic incentive to buy and hoard resulting in less coins in the market and apreciation in prize. It would be good if it actually improved privacy and not just create a massive attack vector to the governance and privacy workings of the now renamed Dash, especially when more than 90% of MNs are in VPS from third parties and probably there´s no more than 50 MN owners.

I was going to expand myself a little more but must leave...

Just stop it, i think you are hurting the crypto-space. There are many honest projects out there, just hope everyone does his/her research before supporting/investing in them.

Man. There is one coin without all "bad" things you named here. Onecoin.
And there are few more than 50 MN owners. Did you research? No.
And you can always compare "big instamine" with BTC ( 1 million coin ) and LTC's ( "mr. Lee sold his 400 000 LTC early "). And more than 90% of all coins.

ps. edited
bandidorl

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 10:36:55 AM

Is there a limit to the ignore list? because I have a looot of people in it, really.
kointrend

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 10:48:38 AM
Last edit: February 01, 2017, 11:19:29 AM by kointrend

Some times ago there was a feature that did send the masternodes payments automatically to an another address.
Will it be available with the new release or is there plan to restore it in future?
Thanks
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2017, 11:06:08 AM

Is there a limit to the ignore list? because I have a looot of people in it, really.

Yes, there sure are a lot of Dash pumpers, shills, and cheerleaders here.  Best to Ignore them and keep your BTC safe from their Instamined scamcoin.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Pages: « 1 ... 6084 6085 6086 6087 6088 6089 6090 6091 6092 6093 6094 6095 6096 6097 6098 6099 6100 6101 6102 6103 6104 6105 6106 6107 6108 6109 6110 6111 6112 6113 6114 6115 6116 6117 6118 6119 6120 6121 6122 6123 6124 6125 6126 6127 6128 6129 6130 6131 6132 6133 [6134] 6135 6136 6137 6138 6139 6140 6141 6142 6143 6144 6145 6146 6147 6148 6149 6150 6151 6152 6153 6154 6155 6156 6157 6158 6159 6160 6161 6162 6163 6164 6165 6166 6167 6168 6169 6170 6171 6172 6173 6174 6175 6176 6177 6178 6179 6180 6181 6182 6183 6184 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: