Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 07:00:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6194 6195 6196 6197 6198 6199 6200 6201 6202 6203 6204 6205 6206 6207 6208 6209 6210 6211 6212 6213 6214 6215 6216 6217 6218 6219 6220 6221 6222 6223 6224 6225 6226 6227 6228 6229 6230 6231 6232 6233 6234 6235 6236 6237 6238 6239 6240 6241 6242 6243 [6244] 6245 6246 6247 6248 6249 6250 6251 6252 6253 6254 6255 6256 6257 6258 6259 6260 6261 6262 6263 6264 6265 6266 6267 6268 6269 6270 6271 6272 6273 6274 6275 6276 6277 6278 6279 6280 6281 6282 6283 6284 6285 6286 6287 6288 6289 6290 6291 6292 6293 6294 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722552 times)
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 01:04:30 PM

Flooding attack incoming to our thread as always....

Please Keep Calm and Carry On  Wink

Rogerdale

Activity: 700
Merit: 330

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 01:21:18 PM

Are Dash transaction more anonymous than Bitcoin ones? I see some transactions and they look like as Bitcoin transactions - wallet addresses and transaction amout:

https://explorer.dash.org/block/000000000000699e6cf7059a0a1ab32b3f264f70d914f4f63d96b912b419465d

So Dash doesn't add more anonymity like Monero does?
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 01:25:18 PM

Who are the noobs that keep buying DASH at these levels?

People like Walter.

Hahaha - keep dreaming.... I bought many masternodes at < $2 a dash. My posting history is there for all to see.

Nice try ignorant troller Wink

Walter

Wasn't referring to WHEN you or anyone else bought (or is buying).

Was referring to your common sense and basic logical reasoning. For example, you still haven't figured out that you could realize 40 years worth of masternode revenue buy selling now. Most would agree that the decision not to take windfall profits like that is an emotional one that sooner or later ends up bad.

Again, I would say most are like you: emotional investors speculators gamblers who like the thrill of gambling and have no idea what they're getting into. If that weren't true, you'd have sold at 60 (or you'd be glued to your screen right now watching closely for the coming reversal . . . but that takes expertise . . . don't get cute and just take your 40 years' profits now while you can).

bigrcanada1

Activity: 673
Merit: 531

Proud Lifetime DASH Foundation Member

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2017, 01:25:25 PM

I'm an idiot!

Man... Is your butt hurting right now!!! We can get you some dash lube for that. Lol
chilly2k
Legendary

Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 01:47:21 PM

Useless drivel. 

These have got to be some of the most inventive devs around.  If you follow the troll posts they've exited dash several times already. 
Do they think this is some other coin that can just create new coins out of thin air?

Congrats to all the faithful. 

ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 01:57:41 PM

Useless drivel. 

These have got to be some of the most inventive devs around.  If you follow the troll posts they've exited dash several times already. 
Do they think this is some other coin that can just create new coins out of thin air?

Congrats to all the faithful. 

LOL I always found that amazing too. In May 2014--"careful, the devs are selling all their instamine coins." Three more times between then and now--at .0245, .026, and .026--"careful, the devs are selling all their instamine coins." Again at $20. Again at $40. Again at $50, and now $60. Apparently the devs are going to be selling their instamine coins again and again and again until we reach $1000 or more.

How many times can the same people sell the same coins? LMAO.

(For newbies who might believe the instamine drivel, blockchain analysis shows that almost all the instamine coins were redistributed on the open market. Do your due diligence.)

Now, one thing all these news organizations can't seem to understand is "why is the price increasing?" The price is increasing because, for various reasons, more people want to own DASH. Unfortunately for the newcomers, MN owners are (so far) unwilling to sell at almost any price. We've only seen MN count drop by a few dozen over the length of this rise. Here's why:

One thing I never considered was how increasing MN earnings will discourage MN owners from selling. You'd think that when the asset goes up in price X fold, that there'd be a desire to sell. However, monthly rewards also go up X fold, which discourages selling. Why kill the golden goose? Sure, my masternode is worth TEN TIMES what it was worth last year. But my masternode earnings are also worth TEN TIMES what they were...and they never stop, year after year after year...

I never really bought into the whole "1000 DASH is locked in your MN" mentality, since you can obviously move those funds at any time. But psychologically -- and economically -- it makes sense. Given that I can earn approx. a 9% ROI for life, why would I ever sell the principal? The only reason to sell the principal is if you think the price is about to crash and you want to buy back in lower.

tl;dr If MN owners believe we're in a bubble and its about to pop, some may sell their MNs in an attempt to buy back lower. A few--very few--MN owners may sell because of the need to pay bills or something like that. But the vast majority are simply content to collect those MN earnings...many have determined never to sell their principal and just keep those earnings going for LIFE.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 02:01:04 PM

Are Dash transaction more anonymous than Bitcoin ones? I see some transactions and they look like as Bitcoin transactions - wallet addresses and transaction amout:

https://explorer.dash.org/block/000000000000699e6cf7059a0a1ab32b3f264f70d914f4f63d96b912b419465d

So Dash doesn't add more anonymity like Monero does?

FYI

https://www.dash.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Dash-WhitepaperV1.pdf (section 3)

https://www.dash.org/darksend
dafdaf

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 02:02:15 PM

Grrrrrrr

We have another Nobel prize here!
Walter_S

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 02:05:53 PM

People like Walter.

Hahaha - keep dreaming.... I bought many masternodes at < $2 a dash. My posting history is there for all to see.

Walter

Was referring to your common sense and basic logical reasoning. For example, you still haven't figured out that you could realize 40 years worth of masternode revenue buy selling now. Most would agree that the decision not to take windfall profits like that is an emotional one that sooner or later ends up bad.

Again, I would say most are like you: emotional investors speculators gamblers who like the thrill of gambling and have no idea what they're getting into. If that weren't true, you'd have sold at 60 (or you'd be glued to your screen right now watching closely for the coming reversal . . . but that takes expertise . . . don't get cute and just take your 40 years' profits now while you can).

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. It's ok though.

Walter
Walter_S

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 02:08:21 PM

People like Walter.

Walter

Walter

P.S. If I sold now I'd be 'realising' approx. 7.2 years of masternode revenue, based on an approx. 10% yield. Why not just hold and have twice as many masternodes in 7.2 years?
Walter_S

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 02:12:21 PM

People like Walter.

Walter

Walter

P.S. If I sold now I'd be 'realising' approx. 7.2 years of masternode revenue, based on an approx. 10% yield. Why not just hold and have twice as many masternodes in 7.2 years?

Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 03:02:12 PM

I think what a lot of people can't grasp is that long term Dash investors are not in Dash to grow their BTC or USD, we dont want more BTC or USD, we want more Dash. We are in Dash because it is the better money. So we are not selling ever, just spending for goods and services as needed.

And that is the basis for a real economy people not speculating but holding and spending, creating more real adoption.

P.S. Just to clarify something, sure we want a Dash with more spending power so we can buy more things with less Dash. That is not the same as wanting to exchange it for a different currency, when Dash is already the better currency and improving on its fundamentals over time.
megges

Activity: 371

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 03:04:18 PM

Smiley Don't you know, compounding is really bad, because only the instaminers will get the compounding - at least that's what they said  - i wonder what they will tell about it if evolution is out Smiley

tip me! Tongue XtSrWch1U3BsTBFBHj7acTTzxFo1fy5BMa
jiggytom
Legendary

Activity: 1068
Merit: 1020

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 03:27:16 PM

Any credible news that Bitpay is considering DASH support? I saw something on twitter.

... PLAY SHARE EARN...
.LBRY...
                            ▄▄███▄▄
                        ▄▄█████▀█████▄▄
                    ▄▄█████▀▀     ▀▀█████▄▄
                ▄▄█████▀▀             ▀▀█████▄▄
            ▄▄█████▀▀                     ▀▀█████▄▄
        ▄▄█████▀▀                             ▀▀█████▄▄
    ▄▄█████▀▀                                     ▀▀███
▄▄█████▀▀                                         ▄▄███
███▀▀                                         ▄▄█████▀▀
███     █▄▄                               ▄▄█████▀▀
███     █████▄▄                       ▄▄█████▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███       ▀▀█████▄▄               ▄▄█████▀▀       ██████
█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▄▄       ▄▄█████▀▀       ▄▄███████
  ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀       ▄▄█████▀▀ ██
      ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▀▀       ▄▄█████▀▀
          ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀       ▄▄█████▀▀
              ▀▀█████▄▄       ▄▄█████▀▀
                  ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀
                      ▀▀█████▀▀
                          ▀
BTC: 174MGp3R5prNbuen31Kx5G5XuyuAXu9jye
LBC: bWYN8NXGKWsgEAd6tQnJ5YRo2Z4r6PjxBH
Rogerdale

Activity: 700
Merit: 330

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 03:27:36 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2017, 03:46:07 PM by Rogerdale

I think what a lot of people can't grasp is that long term Dash investors are not in Dash to grow their BTC or USD, we dont want more BTC or USD, we want more Dash. We are in Dash because it is the better money. So we are not selling ever, just spending for goods and services as needed.

And that is the basis for a real economy people not speculating but holding and spending, creating more real adoption.

P.S. Just to clarify something, sure we want a Dash with more spending power so we can buy more things with less Dash. That is not the same as wanting to exchange it for a different currency, when Dash is already the better currency and improving on its fundamentals over time.

What goods can you buy with Dash? Those listed in on https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=2357566# are much less than merchants accepting Bitcoins.

Building Dash masternodes is good, at some point you will feel like a multi-millionaire. But an attempt to redeem even 10% of this wealth will dump Dash to trash...

I think one of Dash problems is that it is privately owned. What happens if Evan is arrested and sentenced for money laundering, tax evasion or any other illegal activity? He is a U.S. resident as far as I see, that might be a real problem.
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 04:00:28 PM

What goods can you buy with Dash? Those listed in on https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=2357566# are much less than merchants accepting Bitcoins.

Building Dash masternodes is good, at some point you will feel like a multi-millionaire. But an attempt to redeem even 10% of this wealth will dump Dash to trash...

I think one of Dash problems is that it is privately owned. What happens if Evan is arrested and sentenced for money laundering, tax evasion or any other illegal activity? He is a U.S. resident as far as I see, that might be a real problem.
First: every day there is more and more. Almost anything already.
second: based on what? Buy orders are all time much much over sells, and more and more every day. Scale is SCARY
third: DASH is example of non-private : Evan can now go - there is great team working like machine long time now, it is not Evan. That makes me think: if Fluffy slip at WC ( and there is big risk ! ) what will happen with ... ahm...
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2017, 04:03:48 PM

my concern about dash is the "bug" that awarded someone 10~20% of supply

Has been discussed many times, here is the official stance: https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/official-dash-instamine-issue-clarification.7569/

Discussing the Instamine does not make it magically go away or suddenly become irrelevant.

The proper solution to an early CATASTROPHIC emission bug is to relaunch.

But that proper solution was precluded by the improper motives of THE DARKCOIN FOUNDATION, INC.

There are many other issues with Dash that persist despite being "discussed many times."

EG:

Masternode blinding is working   Grin

It's super fast, secure and should reduce mixing time by 80%+

https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin/commits/masternode-blinding

DASH mixing takes a very long time Sad

Months before, Evan made a big deal out of Masternode blinding

Masternode blinding is working   Grin

It's super fast, secure and should reduce mixing time by 80%+

https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin/commits/masternode-blinding

There is NO issue with Darksend, in fact the new masternode blinding system is quite impressive.

Masternode blinding was announced with much fanfare. All the usual suspects were so excited. Just look at how excited GhostPlayer, Toknormal and Minotaur26 were!

But then it was delayed  Sad

************ Please Update To 11.2.22! ****************

- DS Speed Improvements : Darksend should be lightning fast now on mainnet. We're going to delay the implementation of masternode blinding because there's two separate mobile wallets that are in the process of implementing Darksend and the reference implementation needs to be super stable during this period of time. Once we have the mobile wallets done (which should have Darksend and InstantX support) we can move back to improving Darksend.

So now that both mobile wallets have been implemented, why hasn't the working Masternode Blinding been implemented into DASH? Why is it still taking 20+ hours to send a simple anon tx with DASH Huh??

Can we get an update from the DASH team about the ETA for Masternode Blinding? DASH mixing is horribly slow and unuseable. Thanks.

SO based on those posts/screencaps, Evan gave his own DASH community false hope and in fact if you look back on it, it was just hype that Masternode Blinding was "fast" and "working".

This entire history reminds me of an episode of American Greed.

Evan said: "Darksend should be lightning fast now" and a user 1 week ago posts it take 20 hours to mix some Dash using DarkSend?

Dash promised a lot and a lot of projects started, but one has the impression that none of those really found it's end.

For instance darkmixing. For how long now is this feature available now? A year? Recently i used it for the first time and was SO dissapointed. It took me 2 (!) days to mix 1000 coins. Unbelievable! Who do expect to use that stuff when everything takes so long? I know its a solvable issue. But ffs its been a year now! Same goes for masternode blinding etc.

You got to finish things first before moving ahead and open new projects.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 04:04:25 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2017, 04:16:25 PM by qwizzie

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dash-price-rise-explained.13511/

i think that article from Cointelegraph was written before the rather spectacular price rise of today

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Minotaur26
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 04:09:27 PM

I have not had any issues buying anything I wanted with Dash at this point in time. First there are the merchants:

https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DOC/Merchants

Second there are the debit cards, which gives instant access to everything:

https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DOC/Debit+Cards

Third, I don't know where you have been but the whole ecosystem is going Blockchain agnostic. Services and start ups are going multi-coin to future proof themselves. So digital currencies have to win at the user adoption level, start ups will just follow the users and not the other way around. The time where centrally controlled start ups gave exclusive access to goods and services to specific coins is over.

Finally, you dont even make any sense with the privately owned thing so I am not even going to respond to that and the "if all people cashed out at the same time the price would fall" argument. That is a red herring and true for any asset in the world and every other crypto. If everyone sold all their Bitcoin it would lose its value. But guess what is a free market out there and there are market forces and game theory incentives at play and the market finds equilibrium.

Minotaur26
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 04:17:46 PM

Any credible news that Bitpay is considering DASH support? I saw something on twitter.

No, Bitpay supports Shapeshift integration, but I don't see them supporting any other coins directly at least this year. Later on we will see if they change their position as the market continues to shift to multi-blockchain, but don't expect anything there this year. Neither for Dash or others. I know this from good sources.
Pages: « 1 ... 6194 6195 6196 6197 6198 6199 6200 6201 6202 6203 6204 6205 6206 6207 6208 6209 6210 6211 6212 6213 6214 6215 6216 6217 6218 6219 6220 6221 6222 6223 6224 6225 6226 6227 6228 6229 6230 6231 6232 6233 6234 6235 6236 6237 6238 6239 6240 6241 6242 6243 [6244] 6245 6246 6247 6248 6249 6250 6251 6252 6253 6254 6255 6256 6257 6258 6259 6260 6261 6262 6263 6264 6265 6266 6267 6268 6269 6270 6271 6272 6273 6274 6275 6276 6277 6278 6279 6280 6281 6282 6283 6284 6285 6286 6287 6288 6289 6290 6291 6292 6293 6294 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: