Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 10:48:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6224 6225 6226 6227 6228 6229 6230 6231 6232 6233 6234 6235 6236 6237 6238 6239 6240 6241 6242 6243 6244 6245 6246 6247 6248 6249 6250 6251 6252 6253 6254 6255 6256 6257 6258 6259 6260 6261 6262 6263 6264 6265 6266 6267 6268 6269 6270 6271 6272 6273 [6274] 6275 6276 6277 6278 6279 6280 6281 6282 6283 6284 6285 6286 6287 6288 6289 6290 6291 6292 6293 6294 6295 6296 6297 6298 6299 6300 6301 6302 6303 6304 6305 6306 6307 6308 6309 6310 6311 6312 6313 6314 6315 6316 6317 6318 6319 6320 6321 6322 6323 6324 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722723 times)
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 08:35:55 AM

Oh you're still here. What made you decide to become a Dash troll?

Depends on how you define a troll.

If it is something along the lines of:

a person posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online
       community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent
       of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting
       normal, on-topic discussion

then you and the rest of the Dash Cheerleaders had better take a look in the mirror.

Because everything you all post is only designed to provoke emotional responses (albeit positive - as in positive for the people lining their pockets) that disrupts all efforts at taking a serious and objective look at Dash. On topic in this case would be intelligent discussions regarding the technology, the "early fast mine", the math behind a sustainable masternode network, etc., all of which is impossible to do thanks to the persistent efforts on the part of the Dash Cheerleaders to stay off-topic with the extraneous (give me a D, give me an A, give me a S, give me a H, what does that spell?), inflammatory remarks (directed at those who pose the difficult, very on-topic questions to deal with), and otherwise disrupt all intents to raise the level of discussion.

And the reason why this is done is obvious if you consider just who most benefits from that strategy.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist, just a little common sense.

You're all very lucky to have people like us warning you now, when price is high and you can get out. What you'd better be concerned with is the troll's troll, who comes around to rub salt in your wounds once price has crashed.

And on top of it all, you're all a bunch of ingrates.

Are you beginning to understand.

And normal people don't spend much time with the likes of that.

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 08:36:42 AM

Long time (small) bag holder and lurker here.

Ok, is it just me, or with the BTC price drop, and simultaneous DASH rise, is DASH starting to hold to USD instead of BTC?

Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2017, 09:13:09 AM

Long time (small) bag holder and lurker here.

Ok, is it just me, or with the BTC price drop, and simultaneous DASH rise, is DASH starting to hold to USD instead of BTC?

Interesting viewpoint.

Whilst that may be the case, there are many ways of explaining changes in market valuations. Disentangling the shorter term noise from the underlying reratings is only possible with more data (a longer time series). In general, the larger alts are starting to hold $$ in preference to BTC, but each has its own drawbacks in different ways.

In short, time and volume will disprove/prove  your thesis !
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 09:42:01 AM

Disentangling the shorter term noise from the underlying reratings is only possible with more data (a longer time series).

Here you go.
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 09:51:12 AM

Some time ago we had a discussion about pruning, which is a way to reduce storage space by deleting old blocks,
i just found the commandline option in Dash v0.12.3 (Windows QT wallet):

Interesting, thanks qwizzie.

I would assume that this is really only useful for small nodes because if a reindex requires to download the entire blockchain again, it wouldn't make much sense unless the node has strict storage limits. Then again, with the blockchain hosted by all masternodes, maybe someone could use this feature to prune the local storage of a node and just redownload if there are troubles... I might have to play with this and try on a low end node.

Thanks again!
Djentriser

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 10:33:23 AM

EU is our enemy

https://bravenewcoin.com/news/eu-parliament-states-virtual-currencies-cannot-be-anonymous/

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 10:51:53 AM

It's no different from what's happening right now.

The "Virtual currency" community is way ahead of them. It's been crawling all over the blockchain for 8 years already, performing a variety of self-policing, integrity validating, confidence-inspiring surveillance duties while EU mandarins are just getting round to finding a definition of the word.

Just tell them welcome the the party.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 11:01:21 AM

Dash blockchain transaction count (that some industry observers like to moan about) hit a new all time high. 800% increase since December.

Dash network hashrate hit a new all time high.

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 11:52:08 AM

Does anyone really believe that anonymity is viable long term? That is if you really want to take a cryptocurrency mainstream?

Does anyone think that ordinary people will entrust their hard earned money to a system that does not allow them to prove their ownership of that same hard earned money? I think people want their name and Social Security number stamped on the transaction inside the blockchain, and that they also want their transactions to be traceable.

I invite you all to try to stay on topic (this is central to cryptocurrencies) and "discuss" this issue without insults and intimidation. It shouldn't be too awfully hard since it is rather subjective and opinion oriented to begin with - there are no hard facts to hide from - and we can share our opinions about what the ordinary man and woman on the street want when choosing what kind of money they want to use. Something traceable that they can demonstrate is theirs in a court of law, or something anonymous which they can never prove is really theirs after being hacked or simply making a mistake with who they sent the money to?

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 12:01:54 PM

Something traceable that they can demonstrate is theirs in a court of law, or something anonymous which they can never prove is really theirs after being hacked or simply making a mistake with who they sent the money to?

A bearer instrument/token derives its entire value base from consolidating possession and ownership into a single asset.

There are no 'owners' with bearer instruments. There are only holders.

That's what makes them able to 'back' other assets where the owner is distinct from the backing collateral. It's also why blockchains must remain transparent if they want to consolidate that monetary archetype.

If people want an asset with their name on it, encrypted transfers and endorsed ownership they can get themselves a bank account.
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 12:09:30 PM

Something traceable that they can demonstrate is
Does anyone really believe that anonymity is viable long term? That is if you really want to take a cryptocurrency mainstream?

Does anyone think that ordinary people will entrust their hard earned money to a system that does not allow them to prove their ownership of that same hard earned money? I think people want their name and Social Security number stamped on the transaction inside the blockchain, and that they also want their transactions to be traceable.

I invite you all to try to stay on topic (this is central to cryptocurrencies) and "discuss" this issue without insults and intimidation. It shouldn't be too awfully hard since it is rather subjective and opinion oriented to begin with - there are no hard facts to hide from - and we can share our opinions about what the ordinary man and woman on the street want when choosing what kind of money they want to use. Something traceable that they can demonstrate is theirs in a court of law, or something anonymous which they can never prove is really theirs after being hacked or simply making a mistake with who they sent the money to?

A bearer instrument/token derives its entire value base from consolidating possession and ownership into a single asset.

There are no 'owners' with bearer instruments. There are only holders.

That's what makes them able to 'back' other assets where the owner is distinct from the backing collateral. It's also why blockchains must remain transparent if they want to consolidate that monetary archetype.

If people want an asset with their name on it, encrypted transfers and endorsed ownership they can get themselves a bank account.

And that's why people only carry a certain amount of cash and why most choose to use credit cards.

So your opinion is to forget about mass adoption all together?

endchat

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 12:13:26 PM

uhhhhhhhh....ya....NO.

I just want to deal with people or corporations, without a middle man (bank, gov, or any other entity).
Voluntarily...

I have no want or need, to have any names or numbers or any other identifiers in the blockchain.

oly1

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 12:15:30 PM

Just to add that noone is writing/signing fiat (real) money when buy something or give to someone. So EU will ban the real money too??
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 12:22:36 PM

Just to add that noone is writing/signing fiat (real) money when buy something or give to someone. So EU will ban the real money too??

That is when they choose to spend a small portion of their money using cash. The rest is safely and securely linked to their person (or entity) in a legally binding and recognized way. Their "cash" may be stolen without trace, but the rest can't.

There's a big difference between paying for a coffee with cash, and carrying around the equivalent of a masternode in that wallet. It's not too big a deal if someone robs me of my walking around cash, but it can be quiet ruinous if my masternode is stolen and it's impossible to show where it went or who did it.

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 12:43:02 PM

And that's why people only carry a certain amount of cash and why many choose to use credit cards.

I've spent the best part of the last couple of years discussing the distinction between deflationary and inflationary currencies and their mutually exclusive priorities regarding price stability and store of value with regard to mass adoption.

I've also campaigned for fiat gateways for Dash so that value can be held in Dash and spent in the prevailing currency of the day in order to decouple the conflicting priorities of a deflationary bearer token and a stable trade currency. I've discussed Dash's internal economic model, external economic model w.r.t. other cryptos, fiat, various aspects of the financial system such as units of measure and trade clearing facilities.

See, for example here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1809999.msg18047893#msg18047893

The appropriate case for implementing price stability, identified account holdings, support for national currencies and obfuscation based 'privacy' is the system on the left (variable supply/unit of measure state currency).

The appropriate store of value in that case would be the one on the right (deflationary currency) which is necessarily volatile (otherwise it can't store value), transparent, unbacked and otherwise represents 'bearer-token' properties.

See also:

Community Discussions Stores of Value vs Price Denomination vs Units of Measure
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/things-to-think-about-as-a-community.13407/

Cash vs Stores of Value vs Credit Money Discussion
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg12638377#msg12638377

Why 'working as anonymous cash' is a pre-requisit to non-anonymous credit derivatives and what Dash is doing different from Bitcoin w.r.t. that
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg12506443#msg12506443

How state institutions are consolidating their definition of non-contractural money (anonymous cash) and comparison with Dash's monetary priorities
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg13239732#msg13239732

The distinction between 'untraceable' money and strict definition of 'anonymous' money
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg13027764#msg13027764

How you get from anonymous bearer-tokens to named-account base money and how they compliment each other
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1709631.msg17158283#msg17158283

Collateralising Blockchain assets and their 'journey' in and out of anonymity
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1818587.msg18136559#msg18136559

Dash's internal self balancing economic model and how it 'front loads' adoption curve to survive the long lead in period for cryptos
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg12549331#msg12549331
bigrcanada1

Activity: 673
Merit: 531

Proud Lifetime DASH Foundation Member

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2017, 12:47:32 PM

Before coming on here a pretending to know what your talking about... Read what the new feature set will  be for evolution slatted for later this year. For s guy that spends as much time trolling us, you would think you would be better equipped.  Roll Eyes

And for the record there Mr . know it all...  I built up an entire multi-million dollar winery business with mostly cash. With no banking... The old fashioned way.... People like you are brain washed to think you need these other instruments that have record of account and the "man" would have you believe that... But it's rubbish.
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 01:11:50 PM

And that's why people only carry a certain amount of cash and why many choose to use credit cards.

I've spent the best part of the last couple of years discussing the distinction between deflationary and inflationary currencies and their mutually exclusive priorities regarding price stability and store of value with regard to mass adoption.

I've also campaigned for fiat gateways for Dash so that value can be held in Dash and spent in the prevailing currency of the day in order to decouple the conflicting priorities of a deflationary bearer token and a stable trade currency. I've discussed Dash's internal economic model, external economic model w.r.t. other cryptos, fiat, various aspects of the financial system such as units of measure and trade clearing facilities.

See, for example here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1809999.msg18047893#msg18047893

The appropriate case for implementing price stability, identified account holdings, support for national currencies and obfuscation based 'privacy' is the system on the left (variable supply/unit of measure state currency).

The appropriate store of value in that case would be the one on the right (deflationary currency) which is necessarily volatile (otherwise it can't store value), transparent, unbacked and otherwise represents 'bearer-token' properties.

See also:

Community Discussions Stores of Value vs Price Denomination vs Units of Measure
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/things-to-think-about-as-a-community.13407/

Cash vs Stores of Value vs Credit Money Discussion
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg12638377#msg12638377

Why 'working as anonymous cash' is a pre-requisit to non-anonymous credit derivatives and what Dash is doing different from Bitcoin w.r.t. that
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg12506443#msg12506443

How state institutions are consolidating their definition of non-contractural money (anonymous cash) and comparison with Dash's monetary priorities
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg13239732#msg13239732

The distinction between 'untraceable' money and strict definition of 'anonymous' money
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg13027764#msg13027764

How you get from anonymous bearer-tokens to named-account base money and how they compliment each other
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1709631.msg17158283#msg17158283

Collateralising Blockchain assets and their 'journey' in and out of anonymity
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1818587.msg18136559#msg18136559

Dash's internal self balancing economic model and how it 'front loads' adoption curve to survive the long lead in period for cryptos
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg12549331#msg12549331

you should speak with the bitswift dev Smiley

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
thefrog

Activity: 393

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 01:19:27 PM

Right for privacy is basic human right. You do not provide your ID when you pay cash, do you ? Why should anyone control my money and tell me what I can and cannot do with it ? If I want to take it and burn it in a oven, I shall do so. If I want to pay with it in a brothel, I shall do so. If I want to buy 10 bottles of Whiskey wit MY money, I shall do so, without fear that someone is watching over my shoulder and keeps track of how many times I have sex or get drunk or pay for a condom or sex toy.

The whole - War on terrorism - ist just an excuse for tightening the rules and widespread surveillance.
It's much more effective to control people by fear, than by reason.
thefrog

Activity: 393

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 01:22:25 PM

That is when they choose to spend a small portion of their money using cash. The rest is safely and securely linked to their person (or entity) in a legally binding and recognized way. Their "cash" may be stolen without trace, but the rest can't.

There's a big difference between paying for a coffee with cash, and carrying around the equivalent of a masternode in that wallet. It's not too big a deal if someone robs me of my walking around cash, but it can be quiet ruinous if my masternode is stolen and it's impossible to show where it went or who did it.

This is bullshit. If I carry 10k EUR with me, in one country it represents a years worth of persons' salary. In other country it's just change money.
You think carrying 10k in Monaco is the same as carrying 10k in Bulgaria ?
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 01:40:23 PM

This is bullshit. If I carry 10k EUR with me, in one country it represents a years worth of persons' salary. In other country it's just change money.
You think carrying 10k in Monaco is the same as carrying 10k in Bulgaria ?

well, 10K in monaco will only get you 2 high end hookers, whereas 10k in bulgaria will get you 100 or so.

Cheesy

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
Pages: « 1 ... 6224 6225 6226 6227 6228 6229 6230 6231 6232 6233 6234 6235 6236 6237 6238 6239 6240 6241 6242 6243 6244 6245 6246 6247 6248 6249 6250 6251 6252 6253 6254 6255 6256 6257 6258 6259 6260 6261 6262 6263 6264 6265 6266 6267 6268 6269 6270 6271 6272 6273 [6274] 6275 6276 6277 6278 6279 6280 6281 6282 6283 6284 6285 6286 6287 6288 6289 6290 6291 6292 6293 6294 6295 6296 6297 6298 6299 6300 6301 6302 6303 6304 6305 6306 6307 6308 6309 6310 6311 6312 6313 6314 6315 6316 6317 6318 6319 6320 6321 6322 6323 6324 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: