Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:03:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6274 6275 6276 6277 6278 6279 6280 6281 6282 6283 6284 6285 6286 6287 6288 6289 6290 6291 6292 6293 6294 6295 6296 6297 6298 6299 6300 6301 6302 6303 6304 6305 6306 6307 6308 6309 6310 6311 6312 6313 6314 6315 6316 6317 6318 6319 6320 6321 6322 6323 [6324] 6325 6326 6327 6328 6329 6330 6331 6332 6333 6334 6335 6336 6337 6338 6339 6340 6341 6342 6343 6344 6345 6346 6347 6348 6349 6350 6351 6352 6353 6354 6355 6356 6357 6358 6359 6360 6361 6362 6363 6364 6365 6366 6367 6368 6369 6370 6371 6372 6373 6374 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722503 times)
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 03:23:07 PM

Imagine that you were an expert Wall Street trader. One of the very best. One of the guys that makes millions a year in bonuses.

Imagine you found a market where there are toons of "noobs" thinking they are pro traders. The market is thinly traded and illiquid. Wild swings are common, and there are no regulations at all. No SEC oversight, nothing.

Now imagine that as a Wall Street professional trader you have access to amazing software tools. Imagine that you have programs that watch all the margin-enabled markets on Poloniex. Imagine that these programs also watch the lending markets. Now imagine that the software correlates all of the trades on Polo with all of the lending that occurs on Polo.

Imagine that you therefore "knew" where all of the large margin positions were and because you knew at what price those orders were placed at, you knew their liquidation points. Look at the hockey-stick rise to .124. Most of the really huge green candles were most likely shorts being liquidated, including the rise from .11 to .124 itself. Look at yesterday's trading; that drop to .035 sure looks like a margin long liquidation to me.

Please trade carefully folks. I have a feeling that you're up against some of the best traders in the world. I think some Wall Street or City folks are finally starting to learn of the crypto markets.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chilly2k
Legendary

Activity: 1007

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 03:39:33 PM

Imagine that you were an expert Wall Street trader. One of the very best. One of the guys that makes millions a year in bonuses.

Imagine you found a market where there are toons of "noobs" thinking they are pro traders. The market is thinly traded and illiquid. Wild swings are common, and there are no regulations at all. No SEC oversight, nothing.

Now imagine that as a Wall Street professional trader you have access to amazing software tools. Imagine that you have programs that watch all the margin-enabled markets on Poloniex. Imagine that these programs also watch the lending markets. Now imagine that the software correlates all of the trades on Polo with all of the lending that occurs on Polo.

Imagine that you therefore "knew" where all of the large margin positions were and because you knew at what price those orders were placed at, you knew their liquidation points. Look at the hockey-stick rise to .124. Most of the really huge green candles were most likely shorts being liquidated, including the rise from .11 to .124 itself. Look at yesterday's trading; that drop to .035 sure looks like a margin long liquidation to me.

Please trade carefully folks. I have a feeling that you're up against some of the best traders in the world. I think some Wall Street or City folks are finally starting to learn of the crypto markets.

While that is very good advise and most of it is probably true, some can't be done with the info available.  The only one that knows where the margins are and when they could be liquidated is polo.  First the coins are lent when the order is opened, not filled.  You could set a short order at a higher price then the current one.  Same with a  long the other way.   A long would result in BTC being lent, which is true for all coins on Margin, so your not even sure which market the order is in when BTC is involved.  Also there is no guarantee the victim, oops user, is maxing out their funds and will close at some point. 

But I guess if you just looked for shorts, and you used the available info, you could catch 60-80% of the shorters. 

Walter_S

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 04:13:35 PM

Also imagine if you somehow had access to polo's books, including all traders positions..? That would be pretty handy too... At what point does it seem like too much of a coincidence that these wild swings and ddos attacks seem to happen in conjunction with massive forced liquidations? I'm not suggesting for one minute that there's a potential insider involved here.. However...

I'd be very wary (and always have been) of trading in crypto. You don't know who's on the other side of the trade, or how much information they have about your position... Food for thought!  Wink

Walter
bigrcanada1

Activity: 673
Merit: 531

Proud Lifetime DASH Foundation Member

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2017, 04:28:48 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2017, 07:04:19 PM by bigrcanada1

Also imagine if you somehow had access to polo's books, including all traders positions..? That would be pretty handy too... At what point does it seem like too much of a coincidence that these wild swings and ddos attacks seem to happen in conjunction with massive forced liquidations? I'm not suggesting for one minute that there's a potential insider involved here.. However...

I'd be very wary (and always have been) of trading in crypto. You don't know who's on the other side of the trade, or how much information they have about your position... Food for thought!  Wink

Walter

Absolutely sound advise.  I never make big moves into the wallets because of that.  I've always been wary if they have bots or something like that, that are programed to catch big movements in and out of wallets.  Something like that happened on one of my accounts a little while ago, where there seemed to be some weird behavior...like a time delay, that real raised red flags for me on that.  So...caution is always the word of the day.
Mjbmonetarymetals
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1067

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 05:12:29 PM

Will DASH go under $50 I thought I could never go down this low that I thought of buying when I saw the price dip to 80$.  I'm not familiar with what happened lately that causes this fall but will it go up to a hundred a gain? because I'm going to ride along this time.

Pick the lowest you think something could go then divide by 10, I held litecoin at near $50 and continued to hold when it bottomed out at $1 -  Cheesy not saying dash will have a similar fate just a cautionary tale about never going all in.

Bitrated user: Mick.
kointrend

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 05:32:42 PM

And its price/market cup will soon get where it belongs. Just don' panic.

I agree. Fundamentals in Dash are rock solid.

"You shouldn't own common stocks cryptocurrrencies if a 50% decrease in their value in a short period of time would cause you acute distress."
Warren Buffett

Also you should buy at the bottom of course. This is something I hoped I did at 50k Was interested in this project but got expensive so fast that I decided to wait and buy now. Smiley
Welcome on board!
Rogerdale

Activity: 700
Merit: 330

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 05:46:41 PM

Does anybody think that Dash is a bad name for marketing, because it is similar to Daesh?

Probably.

There are also people who are worrried the name sounds like the detergent and others again like that Kardashian Shop.

Me: I see a strong improvement from X-Coin and Darkcoin (used to like that one though) and I am happy we are not called BIVX or GIVX or something.

Well, I just thought maybe Digicash would be better (although a bit longer)
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 06:04:11 PM

Will DASH go under $50 I thought I could never go down this low that I thought of buying when I saw the price dip to 80$.  I'm not familiar with what happened lately that causes this fall but will it go up to a hundred a gain? because I'm going to ride along this time.

Pick the lowest you think something could go then divide by 10, I held litecoin at near $50 and continued to hold when it bottomed out at $1 -  Cheesy not saying dash will have a similar fate just a cautionary tale about never going all in.
You are at wrong place if you see any similarity...
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2017, 06:12:53 PM

CATV | Thanks For 1K! My Dash Open House Experience

https://youtu.be/Md-5XSQmdPE

#DashNation #CashAlternative

ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 06:57:19 PM

Walter

That got me thinking...what if somebody hacked into an exchange but instead of targeting on-exchange funds (wallets, etc.) the hacker simply gained access to everybody's position information? They could make a fortune...

Think about it--I imagine that most exchanges focus their resources on securing their wallets and withdrawal processes. Even if those are rock-solid, hackers could make a fortune by getting into other systems.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
Instamined

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

woah that's a lot of money

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 08:44:55 PM

Dead Cats don't bounce well.

BTC: 1HmTtysbeo9EsbotzcpL8QEx8PRcB5EzgW
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 10:04:11 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2017, 10:22:08 PM by HR

Walter

The expert Wall Street trader would never bother. No need to. They make too much to begin with and what is described here, besides being "below them", is just too much work for what it's worth. And they aren't completely unscrupulous either. Wink

On the other hand, what we surely, most assuredly, without a shadow of doubt, no doubt about it have (have I repeated that enough different ways to express just how likely it is?) is described here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boiler_room_(business)

They just don't use the telephone anymore . . . not yet anyway. Give them time. And you thought crypto had a bad name already.  Shocked

Enjoy the reading, and please post other related information you find or already know about.

Edit: Oh, and then you have the outright frauds who delusionally think they're something that they're not. You know, like those who say they made 500 BTC when that would have meant that they would have needed to have traded approximately HALF of ALL THE VOLUME on the move they say they made it on. You know, people who are so stupid that they don't even think that doing some simple math turns them into outright lying idiots. Not to be confused with the pros . . . if you can call those boiler room scumbags "pros".

Quickest 500 BTC I've ever made. LAMO

What they both do have in common is that they are complete dicks. That much they do have in common.

And the community has the obligation to flush them out using real data and rational arguments.

Silence is acquiescence. If you consider yourself to be a Dash community member, you have a duty to defend your interests, and simply whining and saying you're putting someone on ignore, or calling someone a troll, just doesn't get it, does it?

You tell me. Dash is your thing, and it'll be what you make it.

Now, you only have to fix the underlying technical issues . . .  Cheesy

Sorry, but the truth is the truth. Start thinking for yourselves a little bit.

iCEBREAKER, it's your turn to step in now with another reality bite.  Wink

gerhard

Activity: 78

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 10:52:08 PM

Can someone reach out to Kim Dotcom and convince him to integrate Dash into his Bitcache idea? We've already got one reformed outlaw (Shrem) on board.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-wallets-take-center-stage-in-dotcoms-bitcache-intro-video
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 12:41:41 AM

Well now @ polo only green v btc tab is DASH. Are we going again?
Riseman

Activity: 690
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 12:41:52 AM

Walter

That got me thinking...what if somebody hacked into an exchange but instead of targeting on-exchange funds (wallets, etc.) the hacker simply gained access to everybody's position information? They could make a fortune...

Think about it--I imagine that most exchanges focus their resources on securing their wallets and withdrawal processes. Even if those are rock-solid, hackers could make a fortune by getting into other systems.

It may be possible without any hacking. Some special whale accounts with all the data they need provided to them along with zero fees and priority lag-free API access. This is just my assumption, no proof.
Instamined

Activity: 70

woah that's a lot of money

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 12:53:28 AM

Going down again? Yes.

BTC: 1HmTtysbeo9EsbotzcpL8QEx8PRcB5EzgW
Revelations86

Activity: 428
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 01:27:36 AM

Going down again? Yes.

LoL  Grin

I think 0.06 is the first bullish mark.  I just saw a huge sell wall get clobbered at 0.05.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4891

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 02:42:42 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2017, 03:23:55 AM by Hueristic

Hah, good one. BTW if no-one lends then no-one can short. Wink

Does anybody think that Dash is a bad name for marketing, because it is similar to Daesh?

Nope. It's not similar. Unless you are the kind of person who would buy a Roelex.

Another Good one! Cheesy

I think the only way it will ever hit that again is if a thousand Masternodes pull an exit P$D and the other 3k sit back and watch again..

Ripple was a perfect example of this yesterday.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 03:02:58 AM

You got it.. now imagine polo run those bots because its easy money
gerhard

Activity: 78

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 04:46:02 AM

You got it.. now imagine polo run those bots because its easy money

That is not logical. Polo has invested a lot of money building their service, and their most valuable asset is their reputation. They are already making a lot of money, and their main concerns are not getting hacked, DDOSed, or overwhelmed by the volume of data they process. People smart enough to build Polo are not going to risk everything for a few extra bucks.
Pages: « 1 ... 6274 6275 6276 6277 6278 6279 6280 6281 6282 6283 6284 6285 6286 6287 6288 6289 6290 6291 6292 6293 6294 6295 6296 6297 6298 6299 6300 6301 6302 6303 6304 6305 6306 6307 6308 6309 6310 6311 6312 6313 6314 6315 6316 6317 6318 6319 6320 6321 6322 6323 [6324] 6325 6326 6327 6328 6329 6330 6331 6332 6333 6334 6335 6336 6337 6338 6339 6340 6341 6342 6343 6344 6345 6346 6347 6348 6349 6350 6351 6352 6353 6354 6355 6356 6357 6358 6359 6360 6361 6362 6363 6364 6365 6366 6367 6368 6369 6370 6371 6372 6373 6374 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: