Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:08:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6693 6694 6695 6696 6697 6698 6699 6700 6701 6702 6703 6704 6705 6706 6707 6708 6709 6710 6711 6712 6713 6714 6715 6716 6717 6718 6719 6720 6721 6722 6723 6724 6725 6726 6727 6728 6729 6730 6731 6732 6733 6734 6735 6736 6737 6738 6739 6740 6741 6742 [6743] 6744 6745 6746 6747 6748 6749 6750 6751 6752 6753 6754 6755 6756 6757 6758 6759 6760 6761 6762 6763 6764 6765 6766 6767 6768 6769 6770 6771 6772 6773 6774 6775 6776 6777 6778 6779 6780 6781 6782 6783 6784 6785 6786 6787 6788 6789 6790 6791 6792 6793 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722497 times)
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 01:33:29 AM

Thank Joel....great article.  It encapsulates everything I've thought...and the reason why I've backed DASH this whole time.  OG crypto ecosystem just doesn't get it.  That is why Bitcoin adoption has stopped growing and is in fact shrinking.  It is why all these other "crypto" projects wont succeed either.  They are built and run by fringe members of society like cyber punks and crypto anarchists that don't value the rest of society.  And thus will always fail in mass adoption because they can't relate.

It would be sad if dash gave up on anonymity and would allow mass surveilance on its users.
But that is what it has to do if it wants to get positive reviews from the western fake news media in the future.
However we already have such a coin its called "Ripple" thus theres no need for another one.

There are plenty coins with transparent blockchain, mainly bitcoin clones that get absolutely no attention at all.
Dash would not privacy would be Dash without fungibility, I am sure no one in the community can seriously consider that as a viable option.

Have I missed anything important or what is this discussion about? DASH isn't considering giving up on anonymity, is it?

That is an old thread you are quoting, and if you read the initial post and the replies that followed carefully then you know this is not about a consideration on giving up on anonymity. It's about an opinion raised in the first post  that Dash will never get any real love from the Bitcoin community even if there was no instamine, or even if Dash did not develop the anonymity / privacy part. The first post goes into the why of that opinion (providing social and cultural reasons).

Personally I believe Dash perception and image has been improved this year, after it kept integrating, expanding and following through on its long road towards Dash Evolution and thereby making Dash both more easy to use and more easy to obtain. I guess we changed from the black sheep of the crypto scene to the somewhat more greyish sheep of the crypto scene  Undecided

Do you really think DASH has ever been the black sheep of the scene? I mean there have been massive scams out there and DASH can neither count into that category nor be a category of its own in that regard.

What i do know is that Dash for a time was under constant attacks by trolls, had (and still has) difficulty getting any references (positive or negative) on Coindesk and was constantly hammered on its instamine history. This by itself could give people the impression that Dash was viewed
as the black sheep of the market. That impression does not necessarily mean it should be viewed as fact, and the article that
started this all was an opinion article so far i can tell.

Personally i rather view Dash as a crypto project in an underdog position (especially in the early years) fighting for regnonition of its achievements, rather then viewing it as a black sheep.

True although the instamine story wasn't wrong was it? Then again you could argue that the distribution of most of the coins is questionable.

No, the instamine story was not wrong. Trolls just tried really hard to falsely tie it all to a premine and a scam. Also a lot of other crypto projects had questionable distribution / startup problems.

instamine = mining instantly after launch to grab tremendous amount of coins by the founder and his friends to be later on placed as collateral to dictate the future of dash.

yup the instamine story was not wrong  Wink

Yes, the problem is that also master nodes are involved so there is an issue with a perhaps unfair distribution in the beginning.

they wanted it, here is a statement on the instamine by one of the foundation member/insider of dash team....it was meant to be unfair since day 1, they didn't admit it at first  Cheesy

instamine was brilliant.  In fact...its now my belief that any successful coin must either premine or instamine to actually fuel a full dev team and a full blown project.  We are creating a system to compete with fiat...not a crypto nerd token. Gone are the days when Bitcoin started when no one really knew what or where this was all going.  

To create a system that will compete with any real money system will take 10's of millions of dollars in development and foundation building.  It will take millions of dollars to actually fuel properly.  You don't attempt what DASH is trying to do with childish dice games on shady gambling sites, donations or what ever charity one can cook up.

Instamined or Ninja Mined and even Premined...is a must.

https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/OC/pages/19759164/Dash+Instamine+Issue+Clarification
Facts about the instamine
1. There was no pre-mine in Dash
2. ~1.86MM first 24h, ~2.02MM first 48h according to https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/#@inflation
3. That represents approximately 10-15% of the total money supply that will ever be issued
4. This coin issue rate exceeded the published emission schedule by a wide margin

looking at number 3, that amount of coins in masternodes, how many coins those  (~1.86MM first 24h, ~2.02MM first 48h) earned through 2019?? that's the new golden question.
...and you just forget part when Evan found error and wanted to start all from zero  ( come on, your acc is old enough )... So don't hide that  part, it is here early pages. And part when he offered bounty for someone make Windows miner ( as he know Linux only )... And also part later when he was buying much Dash ( that was public too )...
Add that to your numbers so we can see

be productive, not malign...

sry Sellman Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 06:04:19 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2019, 07:22:08 AM by qwizzie

If trolls only have the instamine history from 5 years ago left these days to attack Dash with, then Dash has really nothing to worry about.

Strength of Dash :

Strong network of full nodes (4700+) which are online 24H/7D, also known as masternodes
Strong mining hashpower to secure the network (3.779P, which is an ATH currently)
Strong community, which is often mentioned when Dash gets integrated (which has been happening a lot during the bear market and continues to happen a lot these days)  
Strong protection against 51% attacks through ChainLocks, which should be active within a week or so
InstantSend technology that allows Dash to send and confirm transactions within a few seconds, have those locked against double spending and instantly spendable (this last part will be more available once spork 20 activates)
Decentralized budget and governance system, which allows Dash to fund its developers and its community-driven projects    
Relatively small circulating supply of Dash (8,8 Million Dash - Masternodes combined collateral of 4,7 Milion  Dash = 4,1 Million Dash)  
Clear roadmap towards Dash Evolution (https://www.dash.org/roadmap/), which will bring more user-friendly wallets, better on-chain scalability and advanced features*

* Ability to store metadata on Dash full nodes (masternodes) through DashDrive, using a decentralized API (DAPI), using blockchain usernames instead of long Dash addresses,
   using decentralized apps that can hook into the network directly (Dapps).  

To summarize and to conclude :

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
dungp3132

Activity: 274
Merit: 26

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 07:56:28 AM

Whenever trollers appear and actively do their works, it is beginning of new growth because trollers tend to appear when price falls too closely to its bottom. I meant, whenever trollers actively troll, we should hold our coins tightly because main purpose of trollers is forcing weak hands to shake out. Be determinantly and strongly hold our coins with free earky signals of growth from trollers, whom fear of missing out. Are there chances to see DASH drops to 0.01 BTC? I believe No.
solowhizkid

Activity: 494
Merit: 252

Warning: ICEBreaker on this Forum is a troll!

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 09:20:59 AM

Dash Wallet For iPhone Is Also Compatible With Apple Watch, Shows Live Prices And Receive Money

https://www.cryptonewsz.com/dash-wallet-for-iphone-is-also-compatible-with-apple-watch-shows-live-prices-and-receive-money/26093/

#dash_force

Piixpay Lets You Pay Bills and Invoices With Cryptocurrency Dash

https://news.bitcoin.com/piixpay-lets-you-pay-bills-and-invoices-with-cryptocurrency/

#dash_force

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 11:19:56 AM

Today tried to use my Keepkey to send some dash and received the following error "Encountered invalid prevhash”

I've contacted support but no response yet.   Running OSX Mojave, Keepkey firmware 6.1, KeepKey Client 6.1.0.5

Any amount doesn't seem to work but after trying dozens of times I finally got a 5 Dash transaction to go,  unable to repeat that though.   Tried various address, can't seem to get the coins off there.

Thoughts?   Did the normal stuff,  uninstall, reinstall, update firmware, reboot, VPN on vs Off...

This looks similar to your problem, see last post for possible fix
https://github.com/Bertrand256/dash-masternode-tool/issues/29

Also check the issue that Bertrand has with KeepKey : https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/gui-tool-for-running-masternode-with-trezor.13748/page-12#post-212658
He is preparing a test version to see if that fixes things, maybe you can test that test version to see if that fixes your own problem.

All of this is me assuming you are using Dash Masternode Tool to get transactions out... if you are not currently using Dash Masternode Tool, then maybe you can give that a try
as it also support normal KeepKey wallet activities (DMT is not just for masternodes).

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 1059

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 01:24:09 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2019, 01:43:14 PM by arielbit

Thank Joel....great article.  It encapsulates everything I've thought...and the reason why I've backed DASH this whole time.  OG crypto ecosystem just doesn't get it.  That is why Bitcoin adoption has stopped growing and is in fact shrinking.  It is why all these other "crypto" projects wont succeed either.  They are built and run by fringe members of society like cyber punks and crypto anarchists that don't value the rest of society.  And thus will always fail in mass adoption because they can't relate.

It would be sad if dash gave up on anonymity and would allow mass surveilance on its users.
But that is what it has to do if it wants to get positive reviews from the western fake news media in the future.
However we already have such a coin its called "Ripple" thus theres no need for another one.

There are plenty coins with transparent blockchain, mainly bitcoin clones that get absolutely no attention at all.
Dash would not privacy would be Dash without fungibility, I am sure no one in the community can seriously consider that as a viable option.

Have I missed anything important or what is this discussion about? DASH isn't considering giving up on anonymity, is it?

That is an old thread you are quoting, and if you read the initial post and the replies that followed carefully then you know this is not about a consideration on giving up on anonymity. It's about an opinion raised in the first post  that Dash will never get any real love from the Bitcoin community even if there was no instamine, or even if Dash did not develop the anonymity / privacy part. The first post goes into the why of that opinion (providing social and cultural reasons).

Personally I believe Dash perception and image has been improved this year, after it kept integrating, expanding and following through on its long road towards Dash Evolution and thereby making Dash both more easy to use and more easy to obtain. I guess we changed from the black sheep of the crypto scene to the somewhat more greyish sheep of the crypto scene  Undecided

Do you really think DASH has ever been the black sheep of the scene? I mean there have been massive scams out there and DASH can neither count into that category nor be a category of its own in that regard.

What i do know is that Dash for a time was under constant attacks by trolls, had (and still has) difficulty getting any references (positive or negative) on Coindesk and was constantly hammered on its instamine history. This by itself could give people the impression that Dash was viewed
as the black sheep of the market. That impression does not necessarily mean it should be viewed as fact, and the article that
started this all was an opinion article so far i can tell.

Personally i rather view Dash as a crypto project in an underdog position (especially in the early years) fighting for regnonition of its achievements, rather then viewing it as a black sheep.

True although the instamine story wasn't wrong was it? Then again you could argue that the distribution of most of the coins is questionable.

No, the instamine story was not wrong. Trolls just tried really hard to falsely tie it all to a premine and a scam. Also a lot of other crypto projects had questionable distribution / startup problems.

instamine = mining instantly after launch to grab tremendous amount of coins by the founder and his friends to be later on placed as collateral to dictate the future of dash.

yup the instamine story was not wrong  Wink

Yes, the problem is that also master nodes are involved so there is an issue with a perhaps unfair distribution in the beginning.

they wanted it, here is a statement on the instamine by one of the foundation member/insider of dash team....it was meant to be unfair since day 1, they didn't admit it at first  Cheesy

instamine was brilliant.  In fact...its now my belief that any successful coin must either premine or instamine to actually fuel a full dev team and a full blown project.  We are creating a system to compete with fiat...not a crypto nerd token. Gone are the days when Bitcoin started when no one really knew what or where this was all going.  

To create a system that will compete with any real money system will take 10's of millions of dollars in development and foundation building.  It will take millions of dollars to actually fuel properly.  You don't attempt what DASH is trying to do with childish dice games on shady gambling sites, donations or what ever charity one can cook up.

Instamined or Ninja Mined and even Premined...is a must.

https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/OC/pages/19759164/Dash+Instamine+Issue+Clarification
Facts about the instamine
1. There was no pre-mine in Dash
2. ~1.86MM first 24h, ~2.02MM first 48h according to https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/#@inflation
3. That represents approximately 10-15% of the total money supply that will ever be issued
4. This coin issue rate exceeded the published emission schedule by a wide margin

looking at number 3, that amount of coins in masternodes, how many coins those  (~1.86MM first 24h, ~2.02MM first 48h) earned through 2019?? that's the new golden question.
...and you just forget part when Evan found error and wanted to start all from zero  ( come on, your acc is old enough )... So don't hide that  part, it is here early pages. And part when he offered bounty for someone make Windows miner ( as he know Linux only )... And also part later when he was buying much Dash ( that was public too )...
Add that to your numbers so we can see

be productive, not malign...

sry Sellman Smiley

so you are implying the founder is mining in his computer? just like anyone? and buying because he owns little hehe--you buying that shit?...yeah you bought and you support because you are in the club...https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1282836.msg13200467#msg13200467, your sugar coat is not thick enough  Tongue

how many is he and his friends are running this kind of shit during the first 24-48 hours (instamine phase)??

---snip---
How to launch EC2 instances to mine Darkcoin

I made an EC2-AMI with roughly my settings for mining DarkCoin. This is the cheapest and easiest way I've found to mine, and it's pretty easy. Here's a short walkthrough of how to get up and running:

1.) Open an EC2 account
2.) Go to aws.amazon.com, click EC2, then "Spot Requests", click "Request Spot Instance"

---snip---

windows/linux miner argument is irrelevant buddy. he wanted to start again but did not and he also lied about the launch time hehe

actions indeed speak louder than voice  Grin
NibiruHybrid

Activity: 1204
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 02:18:06 PM

Why “Facebook Coin” Is Needed in the Cryptospace

Everyone’s talking about Facebook’s foray into cryptocurrency, and what it could mean for the rest of the space. Is it another failed hype project that will soon be forgotten? Is it the deathblow to the nascent industry as a major player “eats their lunch” with ease? Is it the first part of this mythical mass adoption? Or is it good for the space because it challenges us to deliver on promises we implicitly have made since the beginning?

igorttomic
Copper Member

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2019, 05:18:34 PM

You can now hunt for DASH with the AIRCOINS App: https://www.publish0x.com/conscious-crypto/you-can-now-hunt-dash-aircoins-app-xdnxme

Check out Publish0x BitcoinTalk ANN here. Publish0x is a crypto agnostic publishing platform on which both authors and readers earn crypto. Connect via Telegram - http://t.me/Publish0x
no-ice-please

Activity: 955
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 08:29:57 PM

Why “Facebook Coin” Is Needed in the Cryptospace

Everyone’s talking about Facebook’s foray into cryptocurrency, and what it could mean for the rest of the space. Is it another failed hype project that will soon be forgotten? Is it the deathblow to the nascent industry as a major player “eats their lunch” with ease? Is it the first part of this mythical mass adoption? Or is it good for the space because it challenges us to deliver on promises we implicitly have made since the beginning?

The problem is all the data they can collect about their users. Payments in the hands of one company like Facebook is frightening. Whatever, nobody can stop them from doing it anyway.
WastedLTC

Activity: 776
Merit: 536

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 09:23:40 PM

Today tried to use my Keepkey to send some dash and received the following error "Encountered invalid prevhash”

I've contacted support but no response yet.   Running OSX Mojave, Keepkey firmware 6.1, KeepKey Client 6.1.0.5

Any amount doesn't seem to work but after trying dozens of times I finally got a 5 Dash transaction to go,  unable to repeat that though.   Tried various address, can't seem to get the coins off there.

Thoughts?   Did the normal stuff,  uninstall, reinstall, update firmware, reboot, VPN on vs Off...

This looks similar to your problem, see last post for possible fix
https://github.com/Bertrand256/dash-masternode-tool/issues/29

Also check the issue that Bertrand has with KeepKey : https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/gui-tool-for-running-masternode-with-trezor.13748/page-12#post-212658
He is preparing a test version to see if that fixes things, maybe you can test that test version to see if that fixes your own problem.

All of this is me assuming you are using Dash Masternode Tool to get transactions out... if you are not currently using Dash Masternode Tool, then maybe you can give that a try
as it also support normal KeepKey wallet activities (DMT is not just for masternodes).

Not currently using DMT,   just using the keepkey to store a bit of Dash and it also receives my MN payments.    Keepkey support emailed back asking me to downgrade my keepkey to previous version which I'll try next.
Tungi17

Activity: 319
Merit: 29

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 06:06:49 AM

Crush The Street :
DEFINING SOUND MONEY WITH BITCOIN: Joel Valenzuela’s Expert Analysis Of The Cryptocurrency Sector
https://youtu.be/3MqVd1QN22U
NibiruHybrid

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 12:57:55 PM

Dash Wallet Expands Payment Options with Apple Watch Integration

The Dash wallet is now available for the Apple Watch series 4 and OS5 advancing cryptocurrency spending and acceptance on-the-go.

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 01:30:05 PM

DIP8 has been activated !!

Command : ./dash-cli getblockchaininfo
Or from qt wallet, through Tools / Console : getblockchaininfo

Info about DIP8 :

https://blog.dash.org/mitigating-51-attacks-with-llmq-based-chainlocks-7266aa648ec9
https://github.com/dashpay/dips/blob/master/dip-0008.md

Now Dash only has two sporks left to manually activate to finalize update v0.14 : spork 19 (ChainLocks) and spork 20 (LLMQ-based InstantSend)

Link : http://178.254.23.111/~pub/Dash/Dash_Info.html (SPORKS)

NibiruHybrid

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 07:28:14 PM

Zcoin to Copy Dash’s ChainLocks 51% Attack-Proofing

Zcoin has announced plans to implement long-living masternode quorums (LLMQs), deterministic masternode lists, and ChainLocks, three of Dash’s key innovations released this year.

Dahaa

Activity: 149
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 09:29:48 AM

Where to fly further 0.015 btc? And then remove from the exchanges? What a pity I spent btc on dash!!!
solowhizkid

Activity: 494
Merit: 252

Warning: ICEBreaker on this Forum is a troll!

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 01:25:20 PM

Crypto App, Debit Card 2Gether Adds Dash to Roster of 9 Tokens

https://www.coindesk.com/crypto-app-debit-card-2gether-adds-dash-to-roster-of-9-tokens

#dash_force
NibiruHybrid

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 01:28:02 PM

Dash Latam Tracker In Alpha Release and Shows over 1,000 Real Dash Transactions in the Past Month

The DashRetail-powered tracker funded by the Dash DAO Treasury is showing significant adoption statistics in merchants that are currently using their POS services.

NibiruHybrid

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 05:04:35 PM

Collaborate Banking App and Debit Card 2gether Adds Dash

2gether, a collaborative banking app and cryptocurrency debit card solution, has added Dash to the platform.

mercedes321

Activity: 504
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 08:35:04 PM

a little late with entry, but ill hold, and build, once above my entry

https://www.tradingview.com/x/mxRK54sN
NibiruHybrid

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 01:20:33 PM

Facebook's Libra Already Has Government Officials Nervous, but History Shows a High Risk of Failure

Facebook’s Libra was officially revealed the other day and government officials have already announced that they want Facebook’s venture into cryptocurrency investigated, regulated, or a little bit of both, but its potential success does not have historical precedent.

Pages: « 1 ... 6693 6694 6695 6696 6697 6698 6699 6700 6701 6702 6703 6704 6705 6706 6707 6708 6709 6710 6711 6712 6713 6714 6715 6716 6717 6718 6719 6720 6721 6722 6723 6724 6725 6726 6727 6728 6729 6730 6731 6732 6733 6734 6735 6736 6737 6738 6739 6740 6741 6742 [6743] 6744 6745 6746 6747 6748 6749 6750 6751 6752 6753 6754 6755 6756 6757 6758 6759 6760 6761 6762 6763 6764 6765 6766 6767 6768 6769 6770 6771 6772 6773 6774 6775 6776 6777 6778 6779 6780 6781 6782 6783 6784 6785 6786 6787 6788 6789 6790 6791 6792 6793 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: