Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 08:08:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 [529] 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722550 times)
tabnk

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:39:36 AM

DRK !!!!! To the sky ...,
goodluck0319

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:40:19 AM

I guess u cannot mine with 32bit windows pc but u can mine with 64bit pc. is that correct?
eltito

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:42:39 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2014, 03:27:41 AM by eltito

Omg, we do not have a logo, we have a coin design.  It isn't the same thing.

It's like saying that a picture of an Air Jordan is the Nike logo.

What's this then?

Looks like a logo to me. Anyway, the "coin design" is pretty much fine as it is (except the line in the middle of the D should be horizontal, just looks annoying otherwise). Perhaps a more distictive font could be used, but it's a waste of a bounty for a whole new design.

Like I said a few pages back:

This is a logo.  It is for use in multimedia branding and marketing.

This is not a logo.  It is not for use in multimedia branding and marketing.

A logo is something that is unique.  A coin with a D on it is nothing of the sort (in the grand scheme of things - certainly no offense intended to the designer).  To John Q. Cryptocurious it's just another coin in a sea of coins.  

A logo is simple, clean and concise.  The design on the OP is not simple, clean and concise.  

Above all, a logo is instantly recognizable, at any size or from any distance.  Shrink the OP image down to icon size and nobody would be able to tell WTF it is or how it is different from any other alt coin render - especially someone who doesn't know what Darkcoin is to begin with.  

While the coin on the OP is very well done, it is absolutely not a logo.  The Nike swoosh is a logo.  An Air Jordan is not.  The Mercedes emblem is a logo.  A 300SD is not.  The AT&T globe is a logo.  An AT&T smart phone is not.

Here is a photo of some of the most iconic logos in the world:

Notice what they all have in common: clean, simple, limited number of colors, no minute details to get lost in the design, instantly recognizable, each is distinct and unique, each has a high degree of differentiation from any other brand you can think of.  I could go on.

Notice how each and every one of them is not simply a circle with a letter in the middle of it.  That is because these logos were made by people who have a clue what they are doing.

The coin is not a suitable logo for branding or marketing.  Period.  I know people like it, but it will not serve for those purposes.
TanteStefana

Activity: 280

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:54:17 AM

I do not understand why we are still talking about redesigning the logo ??
shouldn't we stick with the one being use by the exchanges and such !?
The logo is fine and in use, so be it, there will always be people who like it and others who do not !
The developers launched with the blue logo, and we should stick to that !!!
(we are too far in by now to redesign)

+1

I thought the same thing at first, but I've been convinced that having a true logo, is completely different and functions completely differently.  It's an icon for the coin.  I can't explain it any better than eltito did here; https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5879040#msg5879040

It's marketing, branding, etc... stuff most of us don't seem to understand, but luckily a few do, LOL (I am included, but am slowly getting it, and do intellectually understand it is important!)

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
HinnomTX

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:30:42 AM

I've submitted a design brief to designcrowd.com, and some interesting designs are coming in. Here's a peek at one of the submissions:

Currently at 413 / 600 DRK for logo design fundraising.

Xc8xGSP7FwWGPQpgw298z7NYdA8xJK8ooh

I really like this, but the logo looks backwards.  The bottom of the lock should be the other way around to create the D don't you think?
+1. The big D with keyhole is facing the wrong way. Flip the symbol left<-> right.

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org
eltito

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:43:38 AM

I don't think the Alt coin world really knows about drk. Totally under the radar.

This is so incredibly true. Just the other day there was a reddit post about the upcoming 5/20/100 m/hash scrypt asics, and the only coin really talked about as an alternative were the scrypt-n coins (vert mainly).

Once summer temperatures arrive I honestly think that the X11 algorithm will really appeal to people. It is almost an inside joke with people who have to put up with 85-90 degree temps in their house/room due to the heat their rigs produce. The vastly reduce power draw of the X11 algo will make such an immense difference for miners that I don't think people can truly appreciate yet.

That said.. I really do think it is a good thing for now to keep the coin under the radar until the final kinks are worked out and things are finalized. Even with the recent DGW fork, something like that is far easier to implement when there is a relatively small number of exchanges and pools to convert over. ....and i'm not going to lie, it would be nice to mine as much as I can before the time comes when 100-400 difficulty was the 'good ol days'.

Vertcoin have a way bigger reddit community than we do, all mentions of vertcoin anywhere are always upvoted like it's the second coming of jesus.

But WHY?  What are we doing wrong?  I think it's time to kick it up a notch!  I just don't know how, and those outside threads are scary!  LOL  I don't want to be an annoying poster saying "come here, it's better" LOL  What my husband and I can do is write an article introducing Darkcoin, but I haven't a clue how to get it published!

Needs a major push from Evan and the rest of the dev team IMO.

Post it on the OP, first of all.  In big bold letters.  WE'RE MOVING TO THE SUBREDDIT.  COME WITH US OR BE IN THE...DARK. 

(I'm so sorry).

Or something like that :p.

Make official announcements on the subreddit only.  Only post links to the subreddit announcements in this thread.  "BIG ANNOUNCEMENT ON REDDIT, HERE'S THE LINK:"  No further info in this thread.

Make it better known that the subreddit theme has changed to something a bit easier on the eye (announce it every so often like the pool admins do, along with asking people to move over there).  Include a link on how t

Ask frequent posters in this thread to update their sigs with "PLEASE MOVE CONVERSATION TO REDDIT: LOOKE ME UP, MY USERNAME IS XXXXX)

Hmm.  Link to /r/gonewild and show people how there's naked chicks there?
darkproton

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:52:40 AM

What's this then?

Looks like a logo to me. Anyway, the "coin design" is pretty much fine as it is (except the line in the middle of the D should be horizontal, just looks annoying otherwise). Perhaps a more distictive font could be used, but it's a waste of a bounty for a whole new design.

A logo is something that is unique.  A coin with a D on it is nothing of the sort (in the grand scheme of things - certainly no offense intended to the designer).  To John Q. Cryptocurious it's just another coin in a sea of coins.  

A logo is simple, clean and concise.  The design on the OP is not simple, clean and concise.  

Above all, a logo is instantly recognizable, at any size or from any distance.  Shrink the OP image down to icon size and nobody would be able to tell WTF it is or how it is different from any other alt coin render - especially someone who doesn't know what Darkcoin is to begin with.  

While the coin on the OP is very well done, it is absolutely not a logo.  The Nike swoosh is a logo.  An Air Jordan is not.  The Mercedes emblem is a logo.  A 300SD is not.  The AT&T globe is a logo.  An AT&T smart phone is not.

Notice what they all have in common: clean, simple, limited number of colors, no minute details to get lost in the design, instantly recognizable, each is distinct and unique, each has a high degree of differentiation from any other brand you can think of.  I could go on.

Notice how each and every one of them is not simply a circle with a letter in the middle of it.  That is because these logos were made by people who have a clue what they are doing.

The coin is not a suitable logo for branding or marketing.  Period.  I know people like it, but it will not serve for those purposes.
After reading what eltito has said and this here http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-needs-got-milk/ I have changed my mind. I used to believe that the coin image was itself enough for the logo but that is no longer the case. we do need something with more of a marketing edge to it. Sleek or whatever that may be. I started thinking about logos and the one's that came to mind are simple yet distinctive...jaguar, bmw, nike, etc.. I like the coin logo design, but we do need something else.
DieCommieScum

Activity: 128

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:18:18 AM

What's this then?

After reading what eltito has said and this here http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-needs-got-milk/ I have changed my mind. I used to believe that the coin image was itself enough for the logo but that is no longer the case. we do need something with more of a marketing edge to it. Sleek or whatever that may be. I started thinking about logos and the one's that came to mind are simple yet distinctive...jaguar, bmw, nike, etc.. I like the coin logo design, but we do need something else.

Bitcoin: The hoverboard of money. (LOL right because it's frictionless!?? I'll see myself out...)
Darkcoin: The incognito mode of money.

?
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:22:08 AM

By the way, for those of you who are newbs like myself, I wrote what I learned about making paper wallets in a thread at DarkcoinTalk!

https://www.darkcointalk.org/threads/how-to-make-a-darkcoin-paper-wallet.116/

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
Acidyo

Activity: 588

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:27:23 AM

I don't think the Alt coin world really knows about drk. Totally under the radar.

This is so incredibly true. Just the other day there was a reddit post about the upcoming 5/20/100 m/hash scrypt asics, and the only coin really talked about as an alternative were the scrypt-n coins (vert mainly).

Once summer temperatures arrive I honestly think that the X11 algorithm will really appeal to people. It is almost an inside joke with people who have to put up with 85-90 degree temps in their house/room due to the heat their rigs produce. The vastly reduce power draw of the X11 algo will make such an immense difference for miners that I don't think people can truly appreciate yet.

That said.. I really do think it is a good thing for now to keep the coin under the radar until the final kinks are worked out and things are finalized. Even with the recent DGW fork, something like that is far easier to implement when there is a relatively small number of exchanges and pools to convert over. ....and i'm not going to lie, it would be nice to mine as much as I can before the time comes when 100-400 difficulty was the 'good ol days'.

Vertcoin have a way bigger reddit community than we do, all mentions of vertcoin anywhere are always upvoted like it's the second coming of jesus.

But WHY?  What are we doing wrong?  I think it's time to kick it up a notch!  I just don't know how, and those outside threads are scary!  LOL  I don't want to be an annoying poster saying "come here, it's better" LOL  What my husband and I can do is write an article introducing Darkcoin, but I haven't a clue how to get it published!

Needs a major push from Evan and the rest of the dev team IMO.

Post it on the OP, first of all.  In big bold letters.  WE'RE MOVING TO THE SUBREDDIT.  COME WITH US OR BE IN THE...DARK. 

(I'm so sorry).

Or something like that :p.

Make official announcements on the subreddit only.  Only post links to the subreddit announcements in this thread.  "BIG ANNOUNCEMENT ON REDDIT, HERE'S THE LINK:"  No further info in this thread.

Make it better known that the subreddit theme has changed to something a bit easier on the eye (announce it every so often like the pool admins do, along with asking people to move over there).  Include a link on how t

Ask frequent posters in this thread to update their sigs with "PLEASE MOVE CONVERSATION TO REDDIT: LOOKE ME UP, MY USERNAME IS XXXXX)

Hmm.  Link to /r/gonewild and show people how there's naked chicks there?

I really tried to get people to use the subreddit more in the beginning when the tip bot was made. There was no interest, I can tell you tho that reddit is a great way to get more traffic and newcomers to the coin. Look at r/dogecoin, I was the 26th subscriber and we managed to skyrocket the sub with new subscribers thanks to the tipbot and other giveaways, etc. Same thing is now happening with reddcoin, it's almost at 10k. Darkcoin needs to step it up, I can't do it all alone. Smiley
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:49:56 AM

I'm sorry, but I can't even find the tip bot and have no idea how to work it/what it does???  I keep thinking I'll go figure it out, but I'm at a loss!  Please explain like I'm the little old senile lady that I am?

I did get the links in my signature, I'm proud of myself, but unfortunately, unless I go to other threads, I'm preaching to the choir. LOL, I'm trying to go to other threads to see if I like any subject that I can dig into, but bitcointalk is always unavailable.  I can't get pages to load, grrr!

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
eltito

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:56:36 AM

I'm sorry, but I can't even find the tip bot and have no idea how to work it/what it does???  I keep thinking I'll go figure it out, but I'm at a loss!  Please explain like I'm the little old senile lady that I am?

I did get the links in my signature, I'm proud of myself, but unfortunately, unless I go to other threads, I'm preaching to the choir. LOL, I'm trying to go to other threads to see if I like any subject that I can dig into, but bitcointalk is always unavailable.  I can't get pages to load, grrr!

Cool.  Honestly I think that Evan moving major announcements to darkcointalk or /r/DRKcoin only would make a bigger impact than anything else.  Only use this thread to announce that there is an announcement.  If that makes sense.
DieCommieScum

Activity: 128

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:01:57 AM

I did get the links in my signature, I'm proud of myself, but unfortunately, unless I go to other threads, I'm preaching to the choir. LOL, I'm trying to go to other threads to see if I like any subject that I can dig into, but bitcointalk is always unavailable.  I can't get pages to load, grrr!

http://www.reddit.com/r/DRKCoin/comments/1y6rvb/drktipbot/
eltito

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:12:25 AM

For those not seeing why a logo is needed, take a look at https://coinmarketcap.com, scroll down and look at the Vertcoin logo, compare to the Darkcoin logo(And others, Vert logo is pretty friggin' well done). To me, the Vertcoin logo, even though it's so small, is immediately recognizable. The Darkcoin logo looks squished/pixelated/hard to read in comparison. It could be accidentally mixed up with some other logos on that site alone (Blackcoin, since it's right above it as of this typing... Do we really want to be associated with Blackcoin? Actually, it's  disturbingly similar to Blackcoin at that res. Perhaps Blackcoin want's to be associated with Darkcoin? Perhaps some look at the two and think Darkcoin is a ripoff of Blackcoin?)
One thing Vert* has going for it (Not the only one) is that instantly recognizable logo even at horribly low res.
This is why I've thrown some of my limited holdings towards a proper Darkcoin logo(Don't get me wrong here, the logo/image for Darkcoin currently used is pretty badass, but when you shrink it, it looks like crap thanks to it being a little too 'busy') I'm thinking of throwing a bit more towards it now though.

And thanks TanteStefana for that tutorial, I've been meaning to make a paper wallet of my own. That'll make it much easier.

*Every VTC I've ever mined was traded for DRK(lol)

Mastercoin is also outstanding.  It gives the eye something to immediately grab hold of.  Most of the others you have to squint.
dime

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:18:53 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2014, 05:32:09 AM by dime

"if litecoin is the silver to bitcoin's gold, then darkcoins are the uncut diamonds of the cryptos"

ps. get your darksend.it username registered free @ http://darksend.it
eltito

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:35:20 AM

OOH - ok the drugs are kicking in and we'll see how this idea sounds in the am....BUT

Why not an Eduffield & Co. AMA on the /r/DRKcoin sub?

Depending on what Evan is cool with (and his time constraints), spam it out to everyone, especially fence-sitter and even detractors.  Tell everyone if they want to participate they must register at reddit. and subscribe to /r/DRKcoin

See if perhaps he could set an hour or two aside to answer direct questions - as thoroughly and honestly as time source code security allow, until its open source - all the while plugging away at how awesome DRK is, perhaps a hint or two of what's in the pipe (yesterdays announcement on the boards), encouraging his fellow reddit denizens to use /r/Darkcoin instead of bitcoinchat.

Now, AMAs always are generally done to promote something specific, so let's get a goal in mind.

I say, start simple, e.g. getting people to freaking move to reddit in the first place.  Then have Evan hit them with the fact that new announcements will only be release on the subreddit.  Uhh.

Um

The Ambien is starting make my screen move slowly left and right,.  I think It's nite-nite time.
LimLims

Activity: 1204
Merit: 272

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 05:40:29 AM

To echo somewhat what eltito said, there's a lot more to branding than having a nifty coin design. It's a whole art & science in itself. That's why I'm paying professionals to do the difficult stuff. If the current design seems "good enough", consider that our branding is not for us, it's for people who are entering the market with fresh eyes, looking for something that's attractive and that stands out.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
nivexuck

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:49:11 AM

Hi all,

Why my wallet sync stop at block 34110 ?
I've tried to sync from start but no luck.
I use darkcoin v.0.9.0.0 on Windows 7 64bit.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:58:45 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2014, 06:14:04 AM by AlexGR

What's this then?

When I'm seeing the logo of mcdonalds and apple, I think to myself: "Yes, but is a currency a "product" to be marketed?"

Does the $ have a logo?
Does the EUR?
Does any other currency?
Does Gold, have a logo?

I can understand the logo only in the context of a "service" of payments, like "paypal accepted" / "darkcoin accepted", but other than that, not really (for a currency).
LimLims

Activity: 1204
Merit: 272

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 06:15:09 AM

When I'm seeing the logo of mcdonalds and apple, I think to myself: "Yes, but is a currency a "product" to be marketed?"

Does the $ have a logo?
Does the EUR?
Does any other currency?
Does Gold, have a logo?

I can understand the logo only in the context of a "service" of payments, like "paypal accepted" / "darkcoin accepted", but other than that, not really.

IMO marketing applies to services as much as products, and for the same reasons. I mean, personally I find marketing distasteful and would rather not have to do it, I'm with Bill Hicks on that one. Having said that, I DO see the benefit of good marketing, and the cost of not doing it is to needlessly turn away significant proportions of people who would otherwise have adopted Darkcoin. When faced with such a diverse & confusing array of altcoins, many/most new entrants will be doing their initial selection based on image alone. My approach with marketing is NOT to do all the evil fluff marketing stuff that the clonecoins do. Instead, I aim to not get anything majorly wrong, avoid eyesores and visual distractions, have an eye-catching logo, and basically not let the superficial image get in the way of the features. With Darkcoin, the features will sell themselves, but not if the user turns off before they are willing to invest time to read about them.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Pages: « 1 ... 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 [529] 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: