Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:44:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 [530] 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722516 times)
eltito

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 06:25:58 AM

When I'm seeing the logo of mcdonalds and apple, I think to myself: "Yes, but is a currency a "product" to be marketed?"

Does the $ have a logo?
Does the EUR?
Does any other currency?
Does Gold, have a logo?

I can understand the logo only in the context of a "service" of payments, like "paypal accepted" / "darkcoin accepted", but other than that, not really (for a currency).

Quite astute Smiley.  The difference, I think, is that governments dictate fiats, and decrees do not necessitate marketing campaigns.  

You and I choose Cryptocurrencies.  Any one we want, and there sure are a lot to choose from.  Me?  I'm looking for features that have a place in the emerging market, technological innovation, adoption rate, community support, and more.  The media package is the product's face to the world, and rightly or wrongly it has an enormous impact on peoples' initial perceptions of the legitimacy of the product itself, the quality, judgement and expertise of those behind it, and so on.  So yes, to answer your question, Cryptos are a lot like products in these early days.  We are in a competition right now with hundreds of other cryptos to try and convince the masses to settle on "our" coin, out of all their other options.  Were determining who is going to survive long enough to have a chance to be taken up on a major scale.  And for that to be us, the masses will require some shinies.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
darkproton

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 06:39:06 AM

When I'm seeing the logo of mcdonalds and apple, I think to myself: "Yes, but is a currency a "product" to be marketed?"

Does the $ have a logo?
Does the EUR?
Does any other currency?
Does Gold, have a logo?

I can understand the logo only in the context of a "service" of payments, like "paypal accepted" / "darkcoin accepted", but other than that, not really (for a currency).

Quite astute Smiley.  The difference, I think, is that governments dictate fiats, and decrees do not necessitate marketing campaigns. 

You and I choose Cryptocurrencies.  Any one we want, and there sure are a lot to choose from.  Me?  I'm looking for features that have a place in the emerging market, technological innovation, adoption rate, community support, and more.  The media package is the product's face to the world, and rightly or wrongly it has an enormous impact on peoples' initial perceptions of the legitimacy of the product itself, the quality, judgement and expertise of those behind it, and so on.  So yes, to answer your question, Cryptos are a lot like products in these early days.  We are in a competition right now with hundreds of other cryptos to try and convince the masses to settle on "our" coin, out of all their other options.  Were determining who is going to survive long enough to have a chance to be taken up on a major scale.  And for that to be us, the masses will require some shinies.
Great observation and nice answer! I was thinking of the best way to answer, if there was one, but eltito nailed it.
OmarGPools

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 06:42:50 AM

Could someone help me set up a Darkcoin P2Pool on Windows? I'm getting stuck at the subsidy part. It's not compiling. I didn't have issues with vertcoin and litecoin modules just this one unfortunately. Any ideas?
chaeplin

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 06:53:16 AM

Could someone help me set up a Darkcoin P2Pool on Windows? I'm getting stuck at the subsidy part. It's not compiling. I didn't have issues with vertcoin and litecoin modules just this one unfortunately. Any ideas?

On linux subsidy function need gcc-c++ boost-devel python-devel.
If you can build darkcoind on windows, I think you need python-devel.
LimLims

Activity: 1204
Merit: 272

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 07:11:13 AM

So, DarkGravityWave seems to be scaling really nicely with difficulty. I'm very curious to see how it handles a large spike, like from a multipool.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 07:12:16 AM

We are in a competition right now with hundreds of other cryptos to try and convince the masses to settle on "our" coin, out of all their other options.  Were determining who is going to survive long enough to have a chance to be taken up on a major scale.  And for that to be us, the masses will require some shinies.

Bitcoin got to 10bn marketcap with no bling bling though Grin

I think if you do well what you ought to do, then recognition and adoption is inevitable. If you hype yourself beyond what you can deliver (that's what all altcoins do) the situation can only crash due to disillusionment. Darkcoins survival, for me at least, is not dependent on whether doge goes to the moon or vert tries to chew the ltc market. Do they have anything to offer? I mean for real? I say no. We'll see in time if I'm right or not.

I also believe our "survival" is guaranteed through the anonymity characteristics because it's an enormous market cap right there - but it'll have to be constantly patched for issues and developed further (IP obfuscation should be next after DarkSend - otherwise coins with DarkSend + IP obfuscation will overtake Darkcoin as a more complete package).

On a totally different note, I was thinking that a nice incentive for marketing is giving something to people - not asking them to put their money like we are some kind of ponzi that expects them to buy our coins that we would be "unloading" to them. For example, "want money? Mine darkcoins". Make people earn it and thus appreciate them for how hard they are to get. It also helps to acquaint them with the whole cryptocurrency landscape or even one user saying to another "you know what, I'm making money with my pc", the other will be "how??", "through mining"... "and is it easy?"... "yeah peace of cake, install that, click that and you are making money, wooohooo". Right now it's more like: "no it's not easy, you must be an expert to do it, so don't even bother..."

Mining sounds ok for most of us who know what mining is and how it's done, but for noobs mining = hell. I've had trouble introducing mining even to people with technical background and I was encountering difficulties in the start myself. This HAS to change and we can change it.

Bitcoin lost it with the solo mining thing. Pools took over, solo mining is dead (no chance in hell you'll find a block solo-ing with most altcoins let alone bitcoin), the wallet miner is inefficient, so... everything went south. But cryptocurrencies in general lost it with specialized miners and centralized pools and stuff. Mining should be easy. Load the client and let it run - so that all users can help to secure the network.

I think one of the more mainstream features that we can add at some point is to merge the cpu miners (or their optimized code) with the qt-wallet and automate the process of mining through p2pools. Cpu code is generally ok, not so much complexity as the opencl gpu stuff with drivers, crashes, settings etc. Thus one can start getting darkcoins with their cpu right away, via p2pools, also helping to decentralize the network. There'll be a list of 5-10 p2pools already in the client and the client will automatically opt for what is closest to the user, parsing a newly generated user address (labeled "darkcoin mining income" or something) so that the generated money can flow to it.

Darkcoin is still cpu-friendly and it can give something like 15 coins per month (0.023 BTC) / for a pc with a good cpu running 24/7.... I think resurrecting one of Bitcoin's primary attributes (cpu mining through the client but not solo) and making it easier / almost automated with a single click and more accessible to people can be a good way to introduce people to any coin.
TanteStefana

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 07:13:17 AM

I'm sorry, but I can't even find the tip bot and have no idea how to work it/what it does???  I keep thinking I'll go figure it out, but I'm at a loss!  Please explain like I'm the little old senile lady that I am?

I did get the links in my signature, I'm proud of myself, but unfortunately, unless I go to other threads, I'm preaching to the choir. LOL, I'm trying to go to other threads to see if I like any subject that I can dig into, but bitcointalk is always unavailable.  I can't get pages to load, grrr!

http://www.reddit.com/r/DRKCoin/comments/1y6rvb/drktipbot/

Ok, I'll check it out tomorrow, I need to go to bed now, thank you Smiley

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
nivexuck

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 07:15:39 AM

Hi all,

Why my wallet sync stop at block 34110 ?
I've tried to sync from start but no luck.
I use darkcoin v.0.9.0.0 on Windows 7 64bit.

am I lost here ?
LimLims

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 07:17:02 AM

I think one of the more mainstream features that we can add at some point is to merge the cpu miners (or their optimized code) with the qt-wallet and automate the process of mining through p2pools.

This is an excellent idea, both in terms of fostering mainstream adoption and in protecting the coin by distributing the hashrate far & wide.

Heavycoin did this well, with the cpu miner integrated into the wallet: http://heavycoin.github.io/mining.html

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 07:18:12 AM

Hi all,

Why my wallet sync stop at block 34110 ?
I've tried to sync from start but no luck.
I use darkcoin v.0.9.0.0 on Windows 7 64bit.

am I lost here ?

People were having trouble syncing with the 32 bit wallet.... there was a blockchain posted somewhere... let me search  BRB

As I'm looking to see if there was a blockchain posted for download, I realized that maybe you hadn't removed everything from your darkcoin folder in AppData/roaming/darkcoin.  Make sure you backup your wallet.dat file, then delete everything EXCEPT you wallet.dat file, then sync from the beginning.  I hope that helps, I'll look a little more, but I really need to go to bed, sorry...

I'm sorry, no I couldn't find a downloadable blockchain.  I just remember someone saying there was one posted but they might have been mistaken.  I hope the above helps fix things for you.  I think you're on the wrong fork, and it should work for 64 bit.

Good nite everyone!

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 07:27:26 AM

I think one of the more mainstream features that we can add at some point is to merge the cpu miners (or their optimized code) with the qt-wallet and automate the process of mining through p2pools.

This is an excellent idea, both in terms of fostering mainstream adoption and in protecting the coin by distributing the hashrate far & wide.

Heavycoin did this well, with the cpu miner integrated into the wallet: http://heavycoin.github.io/mining.html

Missed this, yes, really cool idea!  Only not everyone will want to mine.... it will take up cpu power, so it must be easy to turn off as well  Smiley

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
patrolman

Activity: 447

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 07:36:42 AM

I'm not sure if I saw this link here originally, but it is an interesting read for those doubting the need to market the coin http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-needs-got-milk/
dspair

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 08:10:22 AM

Why so many people mine this coin right now? I'm not trying to be a dick, I just tried to mine it, got 3200KH/s instead of 1200KH/s on scrypt, but it's like 2 times less profitable to mine than most of the scrypt/scrypt-n coins, ~0.003btc/day against ~0.007btc/day.
Am I missing something? Is it better to mine with CPU maybe?

Like, even if you believe in DarkCoin's future, isn't better to just mine DOGE/LTC, sell them and buy DRK with these money? Why do people mine DRK directly?

I compared my results to https://docs.zoho.com/sheet/published.do?rid=12cbm2fe8ce55abb2476daa0f8c576b442d40&mode=html and it's pretty close.
Rux
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1024

https://crypto.ba

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 08:18:51 AM

Why so many people mine this coin right now? I'm not trying to be a dick, I just tried to mine it, got 3200KH/s instead of 1200KH/s on scrypt, but it's like 2 times less profitable to mine than most of the scrypt/scrypt-n coins, ~0.003btc/day against ~0.007btc/day.

Like, even if you believe in DarkCoin's future, isn't better to just mine DOGE/LTC, sell them and buy DRK with these money? Why do people mine DRK directly?

I compared my results to https://docs.zoho.com/sheet/published.do?rid=12cbm2fe8ce55abb2476daa0f8c576b442d40&mode=html and it's pretty close.

Simple answer... we like this coin for Privacy, and we know this coin will rule them all

RXC Crypto.ba Decentralized solutions!
Kartoff

Activity: 187

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 08:19:15 AM

Ha ha ha you can continue to mine LTC/DOGE and to torture your cards... When you find a way to mine Scrypt with more than 40% less energy consumption and 30% cooler GPU's call me back  Grin
dspair

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 08:24:50 AM

Simple answer... we like this coin for Privacy, and we know this coin will rule them all
Then why not mine scrypt coins and buy DRK with them? You'll get more DRK and slightly increase its price.

Ha ha ha you can continue to mine LTC/DOGE and to torture your cards... When you find a way to mine Scrypt with more than 40% less energy consumption and 30% cooler GPU's call me back  Grin
My cards are fine, even if they die right now I've made my money back and more. And I pay 0.05$/kWh.
But yeah, I guess some people have expensive electricity, mining DRK is better for them.
goin2mars

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 08:31:59 AM

Then why not mine scrypt coins and buy DRK with them? You'll get more DRK and slightly increase its price.

My cards are fine, even if they die right now I've made my money back and more. And I pay 0.05$/kWh.
But yeah, I guess some people have expensive electricity, mining DRK is better for them.

Because by mining coins you don't currently want to support, you're doing things a bit backwards. By mining this now, people see that miners are interested in this. That can go much further than buying a little bit of it every day.

Your question has been asked and answered at least once every two days for the last two weeks . . and probably more.

If you want better reasons, then read the thread.
LimLims

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 08:37:59 AM

Profitability should be very similar to scrypt coins, if you are factoring in the lower power draw. Of course, that depends on what you're paying for electricity.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
TenaciousC

Activity: 608
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 08:52:21 AM

Indeed, been mining this though the P2p, 24 hours of mining at 22 MH/s gave me 4 DRK so far... not really profitable to mine!

On the other side however, it uses less power to mine so I save a bit on electricity and my cards are running far cooler.... but still not enough to copensate this huge difference in profitability, better to mine something else imho and buy Darkcoins with that result
luke997

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 08:57:12 AM

Indeed, been mining this though the P2p, 24 hours of mining at 22 MH/s gave me 4 DRK so far... not really profitable to mine!

On the other side however, it uses less power to mine so I save a bit on electricity and my cards are running far cooler.... but still not enough to copensate this huge difference in profitability, better to mine something else imho and buy Darkcoins with that result

At 22MH you should have much more than that, better check the payouts between hours 12-36, as it takes time on p2p, on the other hand you'll get coins after you've stopped.
Pages: « 1 ... 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 [530] 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: