Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:11:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 [1135] 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722608 times)
ymer

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 03:34:15 PM

Anybody fancy catching a falling kinfe?
chaeplin

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 03:34:43 PM

If you are new to DRK and you want to make an informed decision about your investment then you should go and read the Dark wiki FAQ. All of the questions constantly raised by trolls are appropriately answered there. This thread is too long now we should bump this every few pages.

Darkcoin FAQ  This is absolutely a must read.

http://wiki.darkcoin.eu/wiki/FAQ

I will quote this post !!
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 03:35:16 PM

haters hatin'
this true?
I begin to think that really had some interest to raise the price
and now sell their coins
I bought at a much higher price hell

Top 100 = ~60%

Hater is including EXCHANGE ADDRESSES, these are huge! There are 572,000 DRK sitting in addresses listed on the top 100 alone, 13% of the entire coin base.

Additionally, the coin is well distributed - more than half of the existing coins have been exchanged on MintPal in the last 3 weeks if we go by their reported volume numbers, not including Cryptsy, Poloniex, and others.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 03:36:24 PM

Trolling is a fact of life on these forums. But starting witch hunts reflects poorly on all of us.

Effective trolling will raise an issue that people are genuinely concerned about, in such a way as to provoke a defensive emotional response. If I feel someone is subtly trolling in this way, I find the most effective response is to offer a polite, reasoned argument that addresses the raised concerns. This approach is beneficial to any onlooker who shares those concerns, it avoids playing into the hands of the suspected troll. It also avoids needless accusations, which is especially important if my suspicions are wrong and the person is just raising a genuine concern.

When you have politely answered and they keep coming with the same "question" on purpose what do you do ? Because that's what they do, they create a false issue and repeat it till it's "true".

The logic for dealing with trolls remains the same whether they are raising a question for the first time or the nth time: If you flame them, you lose. Every time a troll is answered with patient educated responses, they lose. Trolls lose interest if they don't get the right reaction -- in fact it works against their agenda if the community shows consistently mature responses that directly address the issues raised. On the other hand, they'll be sure to stick around if they know they're ruffling feathers.

We use the generic term "troll" but they are not the common trolls just wanting to annoy people for the fun of it. Most of them here have an agenda, they are motivated more or less directly by money. Therefore, they don't lose interest.
chaeplin

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 03:37:32 PM

Sorry. Just need to bump this entire post without further comment with it being about the most relevant and potent commentary I've ever seen on any [ANN] thread.

Sorry you are ignored.

2. DGW is another correction of something that already exists. It's just a rebalance of something that was not fast enough at what it was doing. I can't be sure on this point because I haven't bothered to read the code yet, but I suspect this is true.

DGW is not based on anything. I used the same strategies used in financial modeling to model the difficulty and provide a good fit.

Code:
unsigned int static DarkGravityWave3(const CBlockIndex* pindexLast, const CBlockHeader *pblock) {
    /* current difficulty formula, darkcoin - DarkGravity v3, written by Evan Duffield - evan@darkcoin.io */
    const CBlockIndex *BlockLastSolved = pindexLast;
    const CBlockIndex *BlockReading = pindexLast;
    const CBlockHeader *BlockCreating = pblock;
    BlockCreating = BlockCreating;
    int64 nActualTimespan = 0;
    int64 LastBlockTime = 0;
    int64 PastBlocksMin = 24;
    int64 PastBlocksMax = 24;
    int64 CountBlocks = 0;
    CBigNum PastDifficultyAverage;
    CBigNum PastDifficultyAveragePrev;

if (BlockLastSolved == NULL || BlockLastSolved->nHeight == 0 || BlockLastSolved->nHeight < PastBlocksMin) {
        return bnProofOfWorkLimit.GetCompact();
    }

for (unsigned int i = 1; BlockReading && BlockReading->nHeight > 0; i++) {
        if (PastBlocksMax > 0 && i > PastBlocksMax) { break; }
        CountBlocks++;

if(CountBlocks <= PastBlocksMin) {
            if (CountBlocks == 1) { PastDifficultyAverage.SetCompact(BlockReading->nBits); }
            else { PastDifficultyAverage = ((PastDifficultyAveragePrev * CountBlocks)+(CBigNum().SetCompact(BlockReading->nBits))) / (CountBlocks+1); }
            PastDifficultyAveragePrev = PastDifficultyAverage;
        }

if(LastBlockTime > 0){
            int64 Diff = (LastBlockTime - BlockReading->GetBlockTime());
            nActualTimespan += Diff;
        }
        LastBlockTime = BlockReading->GetBlockTime();      

if (BlockReading->pprev == NULL) { assert(BlockReading); break; }
        BlockReading = BlockReading->pprev;
    }

CBigNum bnNew(PastDifficultyAverage);

int64 nTargetTimespan = CountBlocks*nTargetSpacing;

if (nActualTimespan < nTargetTimespan/3)
        nActualTimespan = nTargetTimespan/3;
    if (nActualTimespan > nTargetTimespan*3)
        nActualTimespan = nTargetTimespan*3;

// Retarget
    bnNew *= nActualTimespan;
    bnNew /= nTargetTimespan;

if (bnNew > bnProofOfWorkLimit){
        bnNew = bnProofOfWorkLimit;
    }

return bnNew.GetCompact();
}
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 03:37:44 PM

is it possible to mine solo against the qt?  or do you have to set up a pool locally..

I set up my conf file as server, but sgminer says the pool is dead.

Three solo method.
1) qt
2) qt + miner
3) qt + stratum + miner

for 2), use -o http://127.0.0.1:9998 -u rpcuser -p rpcusrpassword.

You can use https://github.com/darkcoinproject/darkcoin-stratum for 3)

efficiency :  3 >>>> 2 >> 1

thxs for input..  I am trying #2.  miner reporting

[11:35:02] Pool 0 slow/down or URL or credentials invalid

I have the proper stuff in the config (or so I think)

I guess just wanted to know that it is still possible.

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
organizer

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 03:38:44 PM

This action should be expected, IMO, doesn't Zerocash (FINALLY) launch tomorrow? Or at least they are finally revealing how they are proceeding if I remember correctly.

I haven't looked too closely at what they are doing, but (maybe someone who has can post a reply) it seems a bit clunkier of a process than (what I think) is a bit more fluid and elegant solution in DRK.

But there does seem to be a true "competitor" looming and i'm really curious as to what they release. I don't think they've said anything about algo, distribution or even mining at this point.
Seio1

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 03:44:47 PM

Obviously mr. whale stays at home during the weekend, enjoying killing the price.  Cry
minerjav

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 03:46:25 PM

I don't want to miss this buy opportunity, but will be interesting if someone here did a transfer analysis over the fat wallets the last hours.

Will be interesting the results.
If these wallets are intact (no out movements), I will move my remaining BTC and increase even more my DRK position.

Thanks
poika

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 03:46:58 PM

Hello Drk community.  Seems I may have made a large mistake.  I haven't kept up on the forum and I sent a number of Drk using what is now the old wallet.  After upgrading it shows the amount sent with zero confirmations after an hour or so.  Are the coins lost or will they eventually bounce back to the original wallet address?

Upgrade to v0.9.3.4 or v0.10.7.40 on http://darkcoin.io/getstarted.html, your coins aren't lost, this happened to many other people as well.

I upgraded to v0.9.3.4 and the coins are still subtracted from the total.  Client is fully synced.  Just wait then?

Also, I sent the coins to Cryptsy.  Not sure if this matters.
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 03:47:08 PM

FROM THE DARKCOIN FAQ:

What is the difference between Zerocoin and Darkcoin?

The first obvious difference is that Zerocoin doesn't exist yet.

In theory Zerocoin offers superior anonymity compared to Darkcoin's DarkSend using advanced, yet untested, mathematics.

The main problem of Zerocoin's implementation is that the whole network is encrypted with a single key that is generated during the birth of the network. The party responsible for creating the network key must also be trusted that he has destroyed the key without knowing it himself. This creates a trust dependency in Zerocoin's implementation that is too large. Has the initial key been destroyed? Does someone have it so that they can see every transaction transparently? Will the key break some day and allow every transaction to be seen in plain-text?

Darkcoin uses simpler solutions that do not require trust. Coin mixing is a simple and tested solution and that will be enhanced in the next iteration (Version 2) with ring signatures and IP obfuscation for maximum, yet trust-less, anonymity.

Please read it: http://wiki.darkcoin.eu/wiki/FAQ

This action should be expected, IMO, doesn't Zerocash (FINALLY) launch tomorrow? Or at least they are finally revealing how they are proceeding if I remember correctly.

I haven't looked too closely at what they are doing, but (maybe someone who has can post a reply) it seems a bit clunkier of a process than (what I think) is a bit more fluid and elegant solution in DRK.

But there does seem to be a true "competitor" looming and i'm really curious as to what they release. I don't think they've said anything about algo, distribution or even mining at this point.

chaeplin

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 03:48:43 PM

is it possible to mine solo against the qt?  or do you have to set up a pool locally..

I set up my conf file as server, but sgminer says the pool is dead.

Three solo method.
1) qt
2) qt + miner
3) qt + stratum + miner

for 2), use -o http://127.0.0.1:9998 -u rpcuser -p rpcusrpassword.

You can use https://github.com/darkcoinproject/darkcoin-stratum for 3)

efficiency :  3 >>>> 2 >> 1

thxs for input..  I am trying #2.  miner reporting

[11:35:02] Pool 0 slow/down or URL or credentials invalid

I have the proper stuff in the config (or so I think)

I guess just wanted to know that it is still possible.

If you use correct rpcuser and rpcpassword used in darkcoin.conf, solo mining is possible.
Check rpcuser and rpcusrpassword.
JGCMiner

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 03:49:03 PM

Their white paper is supposed to come out tomorrow I believe.  

As for the price it is normal. Let people take their profits... then come back and complain when it rises again.   Tongue  
HiddenDark

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 03:49:39 PM

How low does everyone think we're going?

My guess, 0.0075.

Beginner’s Guide to Darkcoin www.darkcoinguide.us
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 03:50:08 PM
Last edit: May 17, 2014, 04:26:03 PM by toknormal

Folks, regarding the current price correction:

I saw this coming and held. Because I've traded in and out of DRK for the past 3 weeks and been stung every time I went short even though I'm using trading graphs. I've noticed that the whales like to pick their moment to get in and it's usually just as the 4hr MACD histogram is completing it's 2 day cycle back to the upside.

Then they pile in with massive buys and basically drive the order book up to kingdom come in order to throw any competitive bids out of the market.

If you check back my posts, I predicted the last rally exactly a week ago:

Expect a bit of a rally to start over the next 24-48 hours barring any negative news.

Order book asks starting to thin out. Bids thickening.

4hr MACD histogram has put in its first clear bar on the lee-side of the downwave with crossover projected in about 12-20 hours. 1 hour already flipped slightly wide after glancing off the signal line following Evan's little market 'fright' yesterday.

Analysis is further endorsed by the fact that last night's 2000 sat order book spread has been closed to 1000 by the bid side.

Seats please.

... and now I'm predicting a further consolidation of this correction based on the 4hr chart which looks like it might take us back even to 7 or 8.

BUT:

[1] - the correction is on very low volume. The money coming out of the market is a pittance compared to what went in

[2] - if you're not out already then it's too late because the liquidity isn't there to get safely back in as we're already a fifth of the way into the correction cycle

[3] - the fundamentals are helping to mitigate the acuteness of the correction. i.e. RC2 nodes coming out of beta and RC3 roadmap on the cards etc

So don't get surprised if the price goes down further. It IS going to because that's how markets work. I was ready take some profits at 14 and after pouring over the charts for hours decided not to because of previous experiences and seeing that the correction wasn't turning into a dump. With "dumps" you've also got to check volume. The price can be going down on low volume or it can be going down on high volume. This one's going down on low volume and that means that sharks are hovering waiting to pick their moment.

If you are investor, this is the time to trade on fundamentals, not price. If you don't think the coin has a future, get out now and mitigate losses. If you do think it does, stay in.

ymer

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 03:54:37 PM

No worries about the correction, they are just noobs selling in fear or people trying to sell to buy cheaper.
It's weekend and volume is really low.

This is false, 411.8 BTC volume in the last 2 hours just in mintpal.
ymer

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 03:57:41 PM

No worries about the correction, they are just noobs selling in fear or people trying to sell to buy cheaper.
It's weekend and volume is really low.

This is false, 411.8 BTC volume in the last 2 hours just in mintpal.

If you compare it to the volume of Thursday or Friday the volume is really low, and pretty much all the volume of the last 2 hours it's been the circle of fear. That's what I think.

412 BTC in 2 hours is not low volume doesn't matter how you look at it.
mining-man

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 03:58:27 PM

The volume on Thursday/Friday was because it was getting pumped, it no longer is, so the price and volume will drop. Where it settles is anyones guess but i doubt we will see 0.0130 anytime soon.
organizer

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 04:00:27 PM

FROM THE DARKCOIN FAQ:

What is the difference between Zerocoin and Darkcoin?

The first obvious difference is that Zerocoin doesn't exist yet.

In theory Zerocoin offers superior anonymity compared to Darkcoin's DarkSend using advanced, yet untested, mathematics.

The main problem of Zerocoin's implementation is that the whole network is encrypted with a single key that is generated during the birth of the network. The party responsible for creating the network key must also be trusted that he has destroyed the key without knowing it himself. This creates a trust dependency in Zerocoin's implementation that is too large. Has the initial key been destroyed? Does someone have it so that they can see every transaction transparently? Will the key break some day and allow every transaction to be seen in plain-text?

Darkcoin uses simpler solutions that do not require trust. Coin mixing is a simple and tested solution and that will be enhanced in the next iteration (Version 2) with ring signatures and IP obfuscation for maximum, yet trust-less, anonymity.

Please read it: http://wiki.darkcoin.eu/wiki/FAQ

Yeah, that's about the depth of my undertstanding. Zerocoin has been in development for a lonnnnnnng time, correct? Is this info in the wiki the latest version? I know they had issues with sizes on these keys you need to download for a transaction (something like a gig per transaction??)

I have no idea what happens next, it's like the good old BETA vs. VHS WAR!

pandher
Legendary

Activity: 952

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2014, 04:00:34 PM

I am not trolling here but want to share a very important fact - Never get attached to a currency, it can prove to be disaster. All this is pure business, keep the emotions away
Pages: « 1 ... 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 [1135] 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: