Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:17:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 [1140] 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722548 times)
lohveh

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 08:21:07 PM

You're the one that bought @0.0175 and sold @0.008 ?
I can tip you 1DRK if you want Smiley pleased to help poor boy
AMD FTW

Activity: 317
Merit: 250

GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 08:23:08 PM

There's a reason why BTC and LTC is more user friendly in a sense of early adopters and rewards and people arriving later to mine. Sure you need more hashing power as difficulty goes up, but the reward is the same for years.

Eh? One can make more BTC or LTC mining DRK.

Short term gains are possible, but the initial holders/whales will dump and crash the coin. It's inevitable.

It's quite easy to manipulate the market early on. Say I created this coin and started hashing like mad from the get go. I only use 1000 BTC to buy up early Darkcoin and hold them. As more people start to see the coin becoming lucrative, they start trading and mining. As the price gets to my predetermined price point I start to cash out and then eventually dump. Sure it's possible for a coin to recover but not likely for a while and screwing over a lot of people and killing development. You could easily double your initial investment after half year to a year.

GUTS | GET-Protocol ICO
smart-ticket protocol for events | live product with market traction!
BTC ANN | WEBSITE | BLOG | SANDBOX | WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 08:25:05 PM

Since the coin goes through many development cycles, and as we are now going into adoption phase with merchants and stuff, we'll need to make sure everyone has the latest wallet installed so that messages like "I sent money from my wallet but they are not there" (people missed the hard fork).

We may need a small window in the QT client to say to the user either that he has to upgrade (optional) or that he must upgrade (if he is in the wrong fork or something). It's not realistic to expect everyone is over the thread waiting for the next update.
Please Evan, pretty please...  Kiss  Just an itsy bitsy teeny weeny popup...  Smiley

"WARNING: FURTHER EVOLUTION HAS OCCURRED! UPDATE NOW!

edit: Just bought another grands worth.  Grin
AMD FTW

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 08:26:08 PM

You're the one that bought @0.0175 and sold @0.008 ?
I can tip you 1DRK if you want Smiley pleased to help poor boy

I don't own and have never owned Darkcoins. I mentioned I was interested in switching over part of my gpu farm over. There are pictures of it you can see online. I have no desire now to own any Darkcoins. DarkCoin has no future.

GUTS | GET-Protocol ICO
salmion

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 08:35:26 PM

Last time I checked, Litecoin is still at a block reward of 50 LTC per block. Sure difficulty has gone up and where I use to make almost 3500 LTC a day 2 years ago, today I make significantly less. So yeah, I've been around a while and have hardware to back it. BTC was just halved end of 2012 and that was what 3 years of mining with the same reward. Dogecoin I have my own opinion on why it will fail, but this isn't important in this thread.

I mined when the price was 0.00128 and it wasn't profitable then. Now the price means that mining was profitable. If you mine dark it's a longer game. And basically you mine because you can't afford to/don't want to buy. At least it can be mined with a lower power cost.

And actually.. I can get 0.5 LTC a day or 1 DRK now which works out pretty close in BTC value. Yes there are more profitable coins to mine but that depends if you want to dump them for BTC right away or as a longer term investment.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 08:35:39 PM

There's a reason why BTC and LTC is more user friendly in a sense of early adopters and rewards and people arriving later to mine. Sure you need more hashing power as difficulty goes up, but the reward is the same for years.

Short term gains are possible, but the initial holders/whales will dump and crash the coin. It's inevitable.

Can't the same argument be used for BTC? Whale buyers bought at <10$ and can crash BTC if they cash out at like 50-100x. Not to mention Satoshi's wallet.

I only use 1000 BTC to buy up early Darkcoin and hold them. As more people start to see the coin becoming lucrative, they start trading and mining. As the price gets to my predetermined price point I start to cash out and then eventually dump. Sure it's possible for a coin to recover but not likely for a while and screwing over a lot of people and killing development. You could easily double your initial investment after half year to a year.

You've just described the process of every coin. Everyone buys low, expects a high that they will sell at and cash out a portion, or all.

Thing is, DRK is better due to the reward formula, not worse, because it has a lower inflation.

Lower inflation = less money required to buy daily production to keep price steady = more money (not less) available to purchase "old" coins.

Coins with higher inflation than DRK will have a far bigger problem dealing with dumping of investors when price hit predetermined levels.
richy

Activity: 224

KryptoBonds, Bonds Industry now in Blockchain

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2014, 08:36:39 PM

like i always say: You are not buyng the coin... you are buying the dev!!!
thank you so much Evan

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
lohveh

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 08:37:04 PM

It's quite easy to manipulate the market early on. Say I created this coin and started hashing like mad from the get go. I only use 1000 BTC to buy up early Darkcoin and hold them. As more people start to see the coin becoming lucrative, they start trading and mining. As the price gets to my predetermined price point I start to cash out and then eventually dump. Sure it's possible for a coin to recover but not likely for a while and screwing over a lot of people and killing development. You could easily double your initial investment after half year to a year.

I don't own and have never owned Darkcoins. I mentioned I was interested in switching over part of my gpu farm over. There are pictures of it you can see online. I have no desire now to own any Darkcoins. DarkCoin has no future.

Schizo ?
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 08:39:40 PM

DarkCoin I was a bit interested in and was thinking of mining it (will all my gpus). This was until I realized the reward system is a Joke and this coin rewards only the original early adopters.

So after figuring out the reward system, you can see why this coin will be dumped even more as time goes on.
•Block reward is controlled by: 2222222/(((Difficulty+2600)/9)^2)

Approximate reward based off difficulty
So at a difficulty of 1 =reward 26
at difficulty of 1000 = reward is 13
at difficulty of 2500 (current difficulty) = reward is 7
at difficulty of 10000 = reward is 1

This means more than likely by the end of the year the difficulty will probably be at least 5k being that the coin started in January 2014 and in May 2014 it already passed difficulty of 2500. So this means end of year block reward is less than 3.

THIS COIN IS ONLY FOR EARLY ADOPTERS YOU ALL WILL GET SCREWED. There's a reason why BTC and LTC is more user friendly in a sense of early adopters and rewards and people arriving later to mine. Sure you need more hashing power as difficulty goes up, but the reward is the same for years.

Min reward is 5.
Try again to fud.

EVEN IF THE REWARD IS a minimum of 5 (I haven't checked this yet), for a block to reward 20% of it's initial reward 5 months after release only rewards the people that jumped on board initially and the mass of coin will be dumped and driving pricing down. END OF STORY

and then, why are you here ?

As mentioned early looking to reallocate all my R9 290's. I believe a lot of people don't understand the SKEWED reward system. I'll be looking for another X11 coin or different algorithm with a better reward system.

Having a horrid reward system and with increasing difficulty makes for a failed coin. I've been around long enough to see that clearly. This will be another doomed coin as more people wake up.

That had been said for bitcoin, litecoin, dogecoin & more.
I'll trust you ! @0%

Last time I checked, Litecoin is still at a block reward of 50 LTC per block. Sure difficulty has gone up and where I use to make almost 3500 LTC a day 2 years ago, today I make significantly less. So yeah, I've been around a while and have hardware to back it. BTC was just halved end of 2012 and that was what 3 years of mining with the same reward. Dogecoin I have my own opinion on why it will fail, but this isn't important in this thread.

So you benefited from being an early miner of Litecoin, had more hashing power than a great deal of the other miners, its becoming difficult to earn rewards, and your looking around.

That's like, err, double standards or ironic, or something.

edit:

but what it does show is what we have thought for a while.....scrypt miners and scrypt-n miners are heading this way.

Buy and hodl. Buy, and hodl.
AMD FTW

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 08:42:17 PM

Can't the same argument be used for BTC? Whale buyers bought at <10$ and can crash BTC if they cash out at like 50-100x. Not to mention Satoshi's wallet.

I only use 1000 BTC to buy up early Darkcoin and hold them. As more people start to see the coin becoming lucrative, they start trading and mining. As the price gets to my predetermined price point I start to cash out and then eventually dump. Sure it's possible for a coin to recover but not likely for a while and screwing over a lot of people and killing development. You could easily double your initial investment after half year to a year.

You've just described the process of every coin. Everyone buys low, expects a high that they will sell at and cash out a portion, or all.

Thing is, DRK is better due to the reward formula, not worse, because it has a lower inflation formula.

Lower inflation = less money required to buy daily production to keep price steady = more money (not less) available to purchase "old" coins.

Coins with higher inflation than DRK will have a far bigger problem dealing with dumping of investors when price hit predetermined levels.

You missed my point, I don't care if someone buy low that's how the markets work.

What I have an issue is when the mining reward system is so SKEWED towards initial adopters. This is a sure way for the developers of a coin to RAKE in huge PROFITS without the dreaded word PREMINE

It's really the same thing.

If you want to risk mining Darkcoin for short term gains then have at it. DON'T plan to hold Long term, you will get screwed.

I'm moving on now, looking at Hirocoin currently and am neutral about it right now. I need to see how the reward system and difficulty is setup.

GUTS | GET-Protocol ICO
AMD FTW

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 08:44:39 PM

DarkCoin I was a bit interested in and was thinking of mining it (will all my gpus). This was until I realized the reward system is a Joke and this coin rewards only the original early adopters.

So after figuring out the reward system, you can see why this coin will be dumped even more as time goes on.

This means more than likely by the end of the year the difficulty will probably be at least 5k being that the coin started in January 2014 and in May 2014 it already passed difficulty of 2500. So this means end of year block reward is less than 3.

THIS COIN IS ONLY FOR EARLY ADOPTERS YOU ALL WILL GET SCREWED. There's a reason why BTC and LTC is more user friendly in a sense of early adopters and rewards and people arriving later to mine. Sure you need more hashing power as difficulty goes up, but the reward is the same for years.

Min reward is 5.
Try again to fud.

EVEN IF THE REWARD IS a minimum of 5 (I haven't checked this yet), for a block to reward 20% of it's initial reward 5 months after release only rewards the people that jumped on board initially and the mass of coin will be dumped and driving pricing down. END OF STORY

and then, why are you here ?

As mentioned early looking to reallocate all my R9 290's. I believe a lot of people don't understand the SKEWED reward system. I'll be looking for another X11 coin or different algorithm with a better reward system.

Having a horrid reward system and with increasing difficulty makes for a failed coin. I've been around long enough to see that clearly. This will be another doomed coin as more people wake up.

That had been said for bitcoin, litecoin, dogecoin & more.
I'll trust you ! @0%

So you benefited from being an early miner of Litecoin, had more hashing power than a great deal of the other miners, its becoming difficult to earn rewards, and your looking around.

That's like, err, double standards or ironic, or something.

LTC BLOCK REWARD IS THE SAME. SO THE ONLY VARIABLE IS DIFFICULTY. HERE THE DIFFICULTY GOES UP AND THE BLOCK REWARD IS CUT SO MUCH SOONER. BTC AND LTC REWARD ISN'T ADJUSTED FOR AT LEAST 2 YEARS

WAY DIFFERENT THAN LTC OR BTC

GUTS | GET-Protocol ICO
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 08:44:51 PM

I'm moving on now, looking at Hirocoin currently and am neutral about it right now. I need to see how the reward system and difficulty is setup.

See, Coindesk does spread FUD.
AMD FTW

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 08:46:39 PM

See, Coindesk does spread FUD.

If I wanted to spread FUD, I'd create SMURFSCOIN from coindesk Smiley

GUTS | GET-Protocol ICO
luke997

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 08:47:31 PM

I see your point - you have a huge GPU farm and you want to make money.
Clearly though, this coin is not for whale farms looking for a profit.

If fou can't make money mining on Darkcoin - fine - but that does not mean the coin has no future.
Actually, quite opposite. All the farms mining huge amounts of coins cause inevitable drop in price, as they dump coins.

What you see here, is the exact proof of that.
From 0.000025 initially to ~0.012 in 5 months, in line with development and added value - features.

Happy mining whatever you choose to mine.

salmion

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 08:51:00 PM

try www.coinmine.pw they have an x11 pool with profit switching. If difficulty drops you may find yourself with some DRK after all Smiley
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 08:55:38 PM

If it helps anyone, here's the sequence I used to update my masternode (1000DRK living serverside):
Code:
cd .darkcoin
darkcoind stop
mv darkcoind darkcoind-100704
wget http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/rc/darkcoind
chmod 755 darkcoind
nano darkcoin.conf - change masternode=1 to masternode=0
darkcoind
darkcoind masternode genkey - copy output to clipboard or whatever
darkcoind stop
nano darkcoin.conf - change masternode=0 to masternode=1 and add line masternodeprivkey=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx....xxxx
darkcoind
darkcoind masternode start 'hahaIamgoingtoberich'
Hopefully I didn't miss anything. And thanks to luke997!

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 08:55:43 PM

Things that go through your head while drinking a few beers

Grin
kaene

Activity: 784
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 08:57:11 PM

Min reward is 5.
Try again to fud.

OK, noted, then don't mine it and move on to another coin, thanks for your visit.

People have to accept that early adopters have benefits in almost any coin, it's how it works, you complain because current block reward is around 7 and 4 months ago it was maybe 3 times higher (it has actually been around 12-14 for months), well, after 6 months someone will complain because block reward will be 5 and there will be so many miners that a 200x GPUs farm won't be able to mine more than 1 DRK per day.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 08:59:20 PM

Things that go through your head while drinking a few beers

Grin
This is exactly my own 'technical analysis' technique - see which crocodile looks biggest and fiercest!

Then buy regardless.  Grin
jaayruu

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 08:59:38 PM

Stay away from Cinni coin. The dev deletes posts. If you arent talking about the price rising he will delete your posts. You can scream price rise! price rise! with no substantial evidence, proof, information, ANYTHING and no one cares. And if you call out people that scream fake price rise, you get banned from the thread. Good luck with Cinni, lol.

PS. do your research somewhere other than the Cinni thread. Like i said, most everything important gets deleted. You will see many posts screaming price rise, so be careful.
Pages: « 1 ... 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 [1140] 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: