Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:31:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 [1333] 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722683 times)
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 10:00:56 AM

you also forget to mention that cryptonote is not compatible with bitcoin, so forget the notion of cryptonote and bitcoin. its a clever marketing play for cryptonote, which has been discredited already.

The side chain only needs to allow for pegging into and out from the Bitcoin blockchain, how the chain operates after a peg does not matter.

This statement is false.

Thats a bit selective of you.

He also said crytonote implementation was badly implemented.

Please link that to me I am genuinely interested.

I recall he said that the Proof of Work was poorly done and should have been done differently, but I do not recall anything about the CryptoNote ring signature technology being poorly implemented.
elviselvis101

Activity: 573
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 10:01:15 AM

Why's Bitcoin better?

- CoinJoin (the absolute fundamental basis of Darkcoin) was developed by a Bitcoin developer and he said that Darkcoin is an useless alternative coin with a terrible solution to the constructing transaction pool problem.

- Bitcoin has a lot of development going on behind the scenes, some ideas such as side trees and side chains may very soon allow Bitcoin to adopt all any feature without having to code the core client.

- When an anonymous sidechain is made for Bitcoin, it will not be CoinJoin but it'll probably be based off CryptoNote technology. Many Bitcoin developers are impressed with the CryptoNote technology.

I think its fair to say that BTC will have a hard time adopting/chaining with anonymous features such is their vested interest in Washington already.

yes, but there is obv a need for a fully legal and gov accepted crypto AND a (most likely) illegal annonymous crypto.

its not a question of one OR another, but rather a coexistence.

Exact, just continue with this and let bitcoin become second to fiat, after that step in - big time
JGCMiner

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 10:03:49 AM

Why you keep talking BTC vs. DRK

DRK is nowhere near BTC. It's going to take months/years to get such an adoption that BTC currently has. I'm a big supporter of both but talking about there can only be one is just stupid

I'm not saying there will be one, there are thousands and there always will be.

The argument that a second coin will exist with a significant market cap in comparison to Bitcoin is even plausible and I agree with it.

If Darkcoin or Monero succeeds in being number 2 or 3 or 4, they could easily have a multi billion dollar market cap with Bitcoin sitting at the top ($100 billion).

I never said anything against Darkcoin being worth 10% of Bitcoin, or Monero being worth 10% of Bitcoin.

What I did say was this:

Wow altcoins are a mess right now. So many coins talking about implementing anonymous transactions. Coins getting 400% price pumps just on the rumour that they will be able to do what DarkSend already does. DRK trolls everywhere. It's all pretty ugly.

I like it, it's shaking up the market. It seems we've caused a mini-boom in altcoin world.

I guess we are platinum to bitcoin's gold... platinum is a catalyst, so we are catalyzing the whole field.

You're a joke account right? You really believe that Darkcoin is the platinum to Bitcoin's gold?

These people actually believe that Darkcoin will overtake and replace Bitcoin as the main CryptoCurrency.

With all the issues about Darkcoin (Masternode centralisation weakness, CoinJoin being inferior to CryptoNote, the source being closed for a long time, the insta-mine) I cannot see any reality where Darkcoin overtakes Bitcoin.

And that is what AlexGR believes will happen.

I am not sure if that is what he meant, but hoping for DRK>BTC that at this stage is the very definition of "putting the cart before the horse".  As for the "issues", that will all have to just play out once DarkSend open-sourced next month.  

thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 10:07:02 AM

DRK is nowhere near BTC. It's going to take months/years to get such an adoption that BTC currently has. I'm a big supporter of both but talking about there can only be one is just stupid

The argument that a second coin will exist with a significant market cap in comparison to Bitcoin is even plausible and I agree with it.

If Darkcoin or Monero succeeds in being number 2 or 3 or 4, they could easily have a multi billion dollar market cap with Bitcoin sitting at the top ($100 billion).

I never said anything against Darkcoin being worth 10% of Bitcoin, or Monero being worth 10% of Bitcoin.

What I did say was this:

Wow altcoins are a mess right now. So many coins talking about implementing anonymous transactions. Coins getting 400% price pumps just on the rumour that they will be able to do what DarkSend already does. DRK trolls everywhere. It's all pretty ugly.

I like it, it's shaking up the market. It seems we've caused a mini-boom in altcoin world.

I guess we are platinum to bitcoin's gold... platinum is a catalyst, so we are catalyzing the whole field.

You're a joke account right? You really believe that Darkcoin is the platinum to Bitcoin's gold?

These people actually believe that Darkcoin will overtake and replace Bitcoin as the main CryptoCurrency.

With all the issues about Darkcoin (Masternode centralisation weakness, CoinJoin being inferior to CryptoNote, the source being closed for a long time, the insta-mine) I cannot see any reality where Darkcoin overtakes Bitcoin.

Darkcoin isn't perfect, but it has the advantage of fast moving development by a very competent and hardworking dev. It's improving. Bitcoin hasn't evolved in years and if it ever does it's going to be a very slow process, and design by committee always results in compromise at best.

The issues you mention have been addressed, please consider the replies you've had.

I'm not advocating DRK eradicate BTC, as I said I see uses for both, but the current disparity in market cap will close rapidly I think. Working privacy now beats some vague talk of something that might happen in the future.

I keep saying it, DRK is rising fast because people see a real and immediate use for it.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 10:09:31 AM
Last edit: May 25, 2014, 10:19:44 AM by AlexGR

What I did say was this:

What I say is calculated. Your extrapolations are not.

I said DRK is catalyzing the field. Hence the platinum label because platinum = catalyst.

Silver is the most reflective metal and the most conductive metal. So Litecoin reflects the qualities of Bitcoin and conducts transactions faster. The problem of silver? It tarnishes over time and its original reflectivity is lost (it doesn't appear so "shiny" after a while), while its conductivity (in LTC case transaction time) is not.
richy

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

KryptoBonds, Bonds Industry now in Blockchain

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 10:09:47 AM

Why's Bitcoin better?

- CoinJoin (the absolute fundamental basis of Darkcoin) was developed by a Bitcoin developer and he said that Darkcoin is an useless alternative coin with a terrible solution to the constructing transaction pool problem.

- Bitcoin has a lot of development going on behind the scenes, some ideas such as side trees and side chains may very soon allow Bitcoin to adopt all any feature without having to code the core client.

- When an anonymous sidechain is made for Bitcoin, it will not be CoinJoin but it'll probably be based off CryptoNote technology. Many Bitcoin developers are impressed with the CryptoNote technology.

I think its fair to say that BTC will have a hard time adopting/chaining with anonymous features such is their vested interest in Washington already.

this sidechain thing seem to be something one has to track intense!. It could do harm to all altcoins at once... How far are they at BTC with this? Is there a time scedule? Or a plan... Is anyone following this development?

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
drkman

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 10:09:50 AM

What's the current cap on sending with darksend if using the latest beta wallet?  10? 1,000?  
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 10:14:51 AM

Why's Bitcoin better?

this sidechain thing seem to be something one has to track intense!. It could do harm to all altcoins at once... How far are they at BTC with this? Is there a time scedule? Or a plan... Is anyone following this development?

As far as I can tell. they have got as far as talking about it, the schedule will involve another year of talk, the plan is to come up with a plan, and there is no actual development to follow.
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 10:17:41 AM

Why's Bitcoin better?

do you have the source, please? thank you!

thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 10:19:36 AM

~230 masternodes, under 6 hours to go...  Smiley
tcherkin

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

The Blockchain is the Future!

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 10:24:09 AM

Hello,

I am a film music composer, but also a huge fan of crypto-currencies and especially DarkCoin.

DarkCoin has inspired me to compose a DarkCoin Anthem and the music was already performed by a huge 100 musicians symphonic orchestra for me. The music theme is really great and will motivate all people who invested in DRK and also their friends once they hear the anthem. It is also against all trolls, who think they can manipulate people to lose their motivation.

I will soon upload the music to YouTube, but will need some graphics, images and also a possible 3D video of the DarkCoin logo. I would be happy if somebody will provide me with this media, so I can make a great YouTube presentation of the DarkCoin.

Feel free to contact me at tcherkin@gmail.com

Thanks,

Georgii Cerkiin

Here you can listen to the music, feel free to use the music for all projects concerning DarkCoin Smiley

DarkCoin Anthem - The Long Version:
https://soundcloud.com/tcherkin/darkcoin-orchestral-anthem-long-version

DarkCoin Anthem - The Short Version:
https://soundcloud.com/tcherkin/darkcoin-orchestral-anthem-short-version

I hope all the fans of DarkCoin will enjoy this music. Thank you!

I will also appreciate your DRK donations here:
XiG7xsjFrAwtk3iAmxgapycErnErLCxuJQ

Can we heard it in other place than soundcloud.com ?

not working for me.

Thx

It will soon be uploaded to YouTube, once we make some nice video connected to the music.

By the way, now the music can be also downloaded from SoundCloud as well.

Enjoy Smiley

BTC: 1SafeNxow4x4u4yhXjWMYomG9qnv4VPSU
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 10:29:02 AM

you also forget to mention that cryptonote is not compatible with bitcoin, so forget the notion of cryptonote and bitcoin. its a clever marketing play for cryptonote, which has been discredited already.

The side chain only needs to allow for pegging into and out from the Bitcoin blockchain, how the chain operates after a peg does not matter.

This statement is false.

I recall he said that the Proof of Work was poorly done and should have been done differently, but I do not recall anything about the CryptoNote ring signature technology being poorly implemented.

I'll see if I can find it in my history.

I take it by your silence that you also agree that side chains are a few years away. If not, I could track down the interview with adam back where he says that is the case.
richy

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 10:29:15 AM

one more time i want to point the attention to the fact that it will be VERY IMPORTANT in case of big acceptance in the main market (that we actually gain more an more) to have an mechanism ready BEFORE the user base and market cap is getting to big that make it possible to evolve and develop the coin further without having to hard fork (whitch is impossible?) or with a mechanism that makes the hard forking easy to accomplish for the non technical user! I suggest to realy think about possibilities here hard and quick...  This must be solved soon cause otherwise we will choke on our own success in the way that we are to big to risk more hard forks.... Like BTC LTC... thoughts?

Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 10:29:34 AM

This is what Gmaxwell really thinks about Monero from the Bytecoin thread and Drawingthesun knows it perfectly. So just stop answering to him he is a troll, and regardless of what you say he will just continue since he has an agenda.

Bytecoin was forked into a coin that the community could participate in from day one.
Alas, none of the bugs or short comings were fixed in doing that— and it doesn't appear that any of the people involved in it have the background for the low level work. So you might have just written out the only active developers of the software, may not bode well for continued development.

The fork also can't claim to be roses and sunshine wrt fairness: As someone very interested in privacy technology and as someone who is usually near the hub of technical discussion in the Bitcoin system, I'd never heard of that fork until just recently— nearly a month after it's start.  And… has a very fast coin distribution, and was started with a difficulty much lower than the network could support. A lot could have been done to improve fairness (e.g. fixing the subsidy to a low level at least until the difficulty crossed the level where the prior system was, or setting the minimum difficulty to a good fraction of the achieved rate), promoting it outside of pools of altcoin speculators (e.g. why do I hear about zerocash 100,000 times for every time I hear about this stuff?), etc.   Not that I think that any of the altcoin stuff is advisable, but if you're going to make a fork on the virtue of fairness wouldn't it behoove you to actually be fair? Smiley

And, of course, the fork has now also been forked. That one at least tames the insanely fast distribution somewhat... but it too doesn't fix any of the worse parts... I can only imagine that we're going to continue to see once a month forks of that stuff— suits me fine, while the technology is interesting and useful, the speculative churn is not.

richy

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 10:32:07 AM

This statement is false.

I'll see if I can find it in my history.

I take it by your silence that you also agree that side chains are a few years away. If not, I could track down the interview with adam back where he says that is the case.

thas would be very nice if you could do... it hink this is an important thing to track

FreePls

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 10:33:50 AM

Two DRK-related works, check them below.

Available for 500 USD (Shipping not included)

Available for 300 USD (Shipping not included)

Main thread is at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=361155.0 thanks for checking / buying.

wow nice work! your bitcoin art looks fantastic too  Smiley

slapper
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1100

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 10:40:31 AM

So Scrypt ASIC distributor jasinlee likes X11 Coin. He called DRK innovative back in the day in this thread and is a BIG LTC supporter.

Thanks for the link, so its a fully anon coin now.....wow the implications....good bye DRK Cheesy

The developer of this clone coin is being cheered for developing the first anonymous X11 coin with POS and having a long track record of supporting his coin  Roll Eyes

Anyone know what kind of anonymous implementation this coin is bringing out? Supposedly the dev has a linkedIn profile too although I am yet to find it.

I think any altcoin is by design impossible to take off because so many people have agendas now.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 10:41:07 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579976.msg6335710#msg6335710
HiddenDark

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 10:45:53 AM

So Scrypt ASIC distributor jasinlee likes X11 Coin. He called DRK innovative back in the day in this thread and is a BIG LTC supporter.

Thanks for the link, so its a fully anon coin now.....wow the implications....good bye DRK Cheesy

The developer of this clone coin is being cheered for developing the first anonymous X11 coin with POS and having a long track record of supporting his coin  Roll Eyes

Anyone know what kind of anonymous implementation this coin is bringing out? Supposedly the dev has a linkedIn profile too although I am yet to find it.

I think any altcoin is by design impossible to take off because so many people have agendas now.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/evan-duffield/15/455/986

https://plus.google.com/+EvanDuffield/posts

Beginner’s Guide to Darkcoin www.darkcoinguide.us
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 10:47:07 AM

This is Drawingthesun opinion on the thread "Why is Darkcoin gaining ground?" You can see that his arguments are completely different than what he says here. Please Drawingthesun all the information we can provide on Darkcoin is readily available on the http://wiki.darkcoin.eu/wiki/FAQ.

No one here is interested in your opinions since you are biased and have an agenda. You think you are smarter than everyone else, but you are not. If you would have known about Darkcoin on time you would be our strongest supporter, would be trolling other threads with the same passion. So just go away you have 0 credibility. Newcomers and onlookers are smart and can see through you BS.

So DarkCoin is based on CoinJoin, a technology developed for Bitcoin as a response to ZeroCoin/ZeroCash.

So this alternative coin has taken CoinJoin and is now taking off as it's own CryptoCurrency.

http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/DarkcoinWhitepaper.pdf

Many "speculators" believe that the Bitcoin core will never have CoinJoin implemented allowing for a huge chunk of the future market to be taken by this new coin.

Why is that? Do the Bitcoin core developers have an aversion to this technology?

I was very hopeful because of CoinJoin but it seems that it's now taboo in Bitcoin circles. We need this private transaction feature in the core client yesterday.

I find it funny that all the cutting edge tech some Bitcoin developers are making (CoinJoin) are not going to be implemented into the core and are just left on a silver platter for our competitors.

How does this make sense? Is there a technical reason that makes CoinJoin flawed? Or is it to appease uncle sam?

I think there is a difference between Coinjoin and Zerocoin/Zerocash.

Zerocash is an entirely new way of anonymizing transactions but relies on an accumulator and new mathematics. Zero was developed at an Israeli university.

Coinjoin is less exotic and simply pools large amounts of same denominated transactions together and relies on core bitcoin transaction functions, no new math needed. Coinjoin was developed here by core bitcoin developers.

Now Darkcoin has simply taken all of the work done on Coinjoin because they feel that the lead developers of Bitcoin are scared of adding Coinjoin into the main client for fear of angering the USA.

I can understand if Coinjoin has some technical issue why it can't be put into the Bitcoin core, but how can there be when an entire Currency is using Coinjoin right now?

Drawingthesun Trolling Bytecoin

I have no idea why people are supporting this one over a fairer release (Monero)

I have an idea on that. I support the coin because Bytecoin was developed by someone who is capable of creating breakthrough innovations. The coin is alive, the devs are still contributing. I prefer supporting the team, which has the expertise to push this technology forward. After all, there wouldn't be Monero at all if there was no Bytecoin.

The word "fair" is highly subjective. Fair for whom? It's the information asymmetry that drives our world. If nobody bothered to notify you personally on the release of a brilliant new technology, it doesn't make the launch unfair. I've been writing already that there was something in Monero's backyard, so here we have QCN. This story will always be recursive as there're always be those that are dissatisfied with distribution of wealth, resources, or knowledge.

And you know, it doesn't really bother me which CryptoNote coin succeeds. The more significant thing is to keep innovative track. I hope Monero will join this real race, not the imaginary one.

NOW WE'RE TALKING!! Smiley

This thread is full of posts that suggest people to mine Monero over BCN, but I have always steered clear of them and have told them to leave this thread alone.
I don't support BCN clones for the same reason I don't support Bitcoin clones.

Creating a clone and brag about 'fair distribution' is easy. Come to me when you 'innovate' something and you've got my hash power.

Sure thing, and what you're doing is ok. (as long as you don't deceive people)

I just want people to know what they are getting into.

If a newcomer is ok mining a coin with 80% pre-mine then cool, but please don't deceive them!

If you guys add to the Bytecoin homepage and the front page of this thread:

"Bytecoin has been mined for 1.8 years but was only made known to the world a few months ago. Enjoy the ride"

Then I will leave your thread alone!

Pages: « 1 ... 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 [1333] 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: