Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:33:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 [2002] 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722499 times)
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:09:05 PM

Good luck whatever, darkcoin is going to need it pretty soon.

LOL at "luck" - none is required. Your betters (read: people with money and a fucking clue) have decided how this will go and no amount of pablum from nobodies like you will change it one iota.

Your future is also easy to predict: you'll be back here in 3 months asking yourself why you're still a truculent little peasant.

** Sheesh, picked a rotten day to peruse the forum. The idiot army is out in full force.

Please stick around.  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
camosoul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 09:13:56 PM

Currently the only coin that can actually be used for purchases of any significance in the real world is bitcoin and it will likely remain that way for some time.  Even if they get all the bugs worked out for the masternode network, where are you going to spend DRK?  Legitimate retailers are already moving towards bitcoin as is venture capital and wall street.  It's all fine and dandy to root for your team, in this case coin.  But people need to realize that there is not a venue to use this coin at.  The anonymity will prevent a majority of vendors from all sectors from using it.  And cryptonote coins have more apeal for the btc rich old timers that rarely venture outside of their bitcoin world.  I see Darkcoin as a neat experiment without any practical application once it's finished other than providing masternode operators some income at the expense of the lowly miner.
I think you're almost perfectly wrong here. BTC has seen truly pitiful retailer/b2b adoption because it's an open book. DRK lets businesses transact almost freely (who likes paying credit card processors, or, gods forbid, paypal?) and maintain their privacy at the same time. I think places to spend DRK will be appearing at a far faster rate than with BTC.
You're both right because you're both wrong.

It is the intrinsic qualities of crypto in general, and BTC's First Mover advantage that give BTC it's position and acceptance.

It does suck for transparency. But it is the only show in town and the value inherent to crypto trump it's failings, so it remains the only show in town.

Being the only show in town is a false statement. But it appears true to the unwashed masses because they don't understand altcoins, and so many are shitcoins that the few that dabble usually don't step into the hot tub.

Until some creme rises to the top, the 'good enough' and widely entrenched will still rule. So, the fact that stupid people exist makes BTC effectively the only show in town. It is such a good thing and gets most of the job right, and until the ripples of it's shortcomings are more exposed and understood by the stupid masses, it will stay top dog.

Look at it this way. BTC is a 9 out of 10. Fiat is a 2. DRK is a 10. BTC gave the world such a huge improvement that most people still can't even wrap their head around BTC. How can you expect them to figure out the improvements made to BTC by DRK in such rapid succession? They haven't even figured out 1/10th of BTCs benefits yet. The majority are still choosing denial and name-calling because they don't want to admit that they can't figure it out. I still see the amazingly fucking dumb argument of "but it's not backed by anything" and "it hasn't got a central issuing authority" bandied about... Spectacularly fuckin' stupid! Until the majority figures out that these are good things, not bad things, there's no chance for them to move on to even better things.

these are people for whom using a smartphone is a joke... They can't use it. They have no fucking clue what to do with it. They just want to look cool; the iPhone market. This is why GuvCoin/CoerCoin will never exist; you can't force people to comply with a technology they are hopelessly unable to understand. It would be like passing a law forcing everyone to be physicists. The politicians themselves would all end up in prison becasue they would prove their own stupidity and violation of that law by passing that law in the first place...

It's the same as the Huxley vs Orwell argument. They're both wrong because they're both right... It isn't one idea or the other. It's both at the same time... The Huxlian begets the Orwellian, and vice versa.

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 09:17:36 PM

LOL at "luck" - none is required. Your betters (read: people with money and a fucking clue) have decided how this will go and no amount of pablum from nobodies like you will change it one iota.

Your future is also easy to predict: you'll be back here in 3 months asking yourself why you're still a truculent little peasant.

** Sheesh, picked a rotten day to peruse the forum. The idiot army is out in full force.
I fucking love you.

You said truculent. I've never met anyone, besides Merriam Webster, who knew that word and could use it properly in a sentence.

But you're wrong about one thing. He won't be asking himself why he's still a truculent little peasant. He'll be blaming everyone but himself for it... Voting for more welfare because it's not fair... He'd do better to pull his head out of his ass and take our painful advice, but his pride, arrogance, and blind zealotry for the neo-soviet agenda will stop him... He'll just keep fucking himself and trying to steal from those who listen to good advice...

Hey Jacques, I'll try speaking a language you can understand. When I hang out in a titty bar, I don't give the girls any money, yet they still always hang around with me and give me their numbers even when I don't ask for them. Does that make me a badass? Is it because I don't give them money and that pushes them, like douchey pickup artists will tell you? No. It's because I'm right and I know it and that's fucking manly. A woman feels more like a woman when she is in the company of a man who is more of a man. They'll throw away their own livelihood for it. They'll quit heroin. They'll do anything for it in a society so horribly devoid of real men.

I do not mock you as an insult, but as motivation. You're a man, you SHOULD be able to handle that and figure it out. But you're not, so I'm throwing you a bone. What a nice guy I am! The charity just never ends with me, no matter how much you prove you don't deserve it! I want you to step up for your own good. I'm boosting you and you're rejecting it because you believe you are already perfect in spite of all the evidence to the contrary. The manliest thing you could do is admit you're wrong and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:20:33 PM

Just so people understand where I am coming from.  The first coin I ever mined when I found cryptocurrency was Darkcoin.  I made this post the day I registered on February 12 2014.  I didn't know anything back then.  I struggled to even get mining on a pool but I figured it all out.  Since then I have made enough that I no longer bother with my IT business and am now just mining and trading altcoins.

The reason that I wanted to post this was to show that I am not some recent fudster coming into this thread talking shit.  I was here before the majority of posters and was actively supporting this coin.  I even took part in the first darksend testnets.

I didn't necessarily lose interest in the coin.  I just started to see through much of the hype.  Darkcoin might be better than a majority of altcoins out there but that doesn't mean too much when you still can't use it for anything.  But that can be said of all altcoins.  I actually feel sorry for people that have gone all in on Darkcoin and have missed out on so many lucrative opportunities that have presented themselves in the cryptocurrency world.  People were laughing at the cryptonote coins having no GUI and all command line.  Well I read the cryptonote white paper and knew instanly that they were going places.  I mined tens of thousands of Monero when the difficulty was low, nobody was mining and then sold most of it at the top when it peaked at .01.  It has had several rises and falls since then and I've profited every time.  I just scooped up a bunch the last few days when it dropped to .0035 and it's already back up to .0045.  Had I gone "all in" with Darkcoin I would have missed out on a significant amount of btc.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is not to let blind loyalty prevent you from doing what is actually in your best interests.  If you put all your eggs in one basket you'll eventually get burned.  I think that is why several posters in this thread do nothing but spew hatred towards anyone that doesn't share their view.    

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5098427#msg5098427

Block 16097

1 share

What are the odds?

Should have been more clear.  Block link on pool site shows 1 share.  I had it and got all the coins.  Lucky I guess.
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:26:20 PM

My MN has been running almost 72 hours and has still not received a payment. It shows up on every list, and "darkcoind masternode list" shows ":1" by my IP.

When I'm watching my debug log I do occasionally see "peer=xxx says we are misbehaving 20." Any idea what that means and if it has an effect?

Thanks!

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:26:42 PM

Currently the only coin that can actually be used for purchases of any significance in the real world is bitcoin and it will likely remain that way for some time.  Even if they get all the bugs worked out for the masternode network, where are you going to spend DRK?  Legitimate retailers are already moving towards bitcoin as is venture capital and wall street.  It's all fine and dandy to root for your team, in this case coin.  But people need to realize that there is not a venue to use this coin at.  The anonymity will prevent a majority of vendors from all sectors from using it.  And cryptonote coins have more apeal for the btc rich old timers that rarely venture outside of their bitcoin world.  I see Darkcoin as a neat experiment without any practical application once it's finished other than providing masternode operators some income at the expense of the lowly miner.
I think you're almost perfectly wrong here. BTC has seen truly pitiful retailer/b2b adoption because it's an open book. DRK lets businesses transact almost freely (who likes paying credit card processors, or, gods forbid, paypal?) and maintain their privacy at the same time. I think places to spend DRK will be appearing at a far faster rate than with BTC.
You're both right because you're both wrong.

It is the intrinsic qualities of crypto in general, and BTC's First Mover advantage that give BTC it's position and acceptance.

It does suck for transparency. But it is the only show in town and the value inherent to crypto trump it's failings, so it remains the only show in town.

Being the only show in town is a false statement. But it appears true to the unwashed masses because they don't understand altcoins, and so many are shitcoins that the few that dabble usually don't step into the hot tub.

Until some creme rises to the top, the 'good enough' and widely entrenched will still rule. So, the fact that stupid people exist makes BTC effectively the only show in town. It is such a good thing and gets most of the job right, and until the ripples of it's shortcomings are more exposed and understood by the stupid masses, it will stay top dog.

Look at it this way. BTC is a 9 out of 10. Fiat is a 2. DRK is a 10. BTC gave the world such a huge improvement that most people still can't even wrap their head around BTC. How can you expect them to figure out the improvements made to BTC by DRK in such rapid succession? They haven't even figured out 1/10th of BTCs benefits yet. The majority are still choosing denial and name-calling because they don't want to admit that they can't figure it out. I still see the amazingly fucking dumb argument of "but it's not backed by anything" and "it hasn't got a central issuing authority" bandied about... Spectacularly fuckin' stupid! Until the majority figures out that these are good things, not bad things, there's no chance for them to move on to even better things.

these are people for whom using a smartphone is a joke... They can't use it. They have no fucking clue what to do with it. They just want to look cool; the iPhone market. This is why GuvCoin/CoerCoin will never exist; you can't force people to comply with a technology they are hopelessly unable to understand. It would be like passing a law forcing everyone to be physicists. The politicians themselves would all end up in prison becasue they would prove their own stupidity and violation of that law by passing that law in the first place...

It's the same as the Huxley vs Orwell argument. They've both wrong because they're both right... It isn't one idea or the other. It's both at the same time... The Huxlian begets the Orwellian, and vice versa.

You're both right and wrong.  Tongue

The great unwashed don't need to have a clue if the bright (and greedy) minds adopt crypto on a wider scale. When ebay and Amazon start accepting BTC, Joe Dunderhead is eventually going to take notice, particularly if he gets a 1% discount because that business passes on some of the savings. That 2.5% CC surcharge is going to be a thing of the past. And because DRK is built on top of the Bitcoin protocol, it's trivial for any business to accept both.

Of course this may not come to pass overnight, but I think it's inevitable. Businesses exist to make money, they'll murder their grannies for a 1% advantage. Particularly when times are hard and margins are paper thin.

I'm forging a path - right now I accept payment in DRK or BTC only for my services.  Grin
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 09:27:28 PM

My MN has been running almost 72 hours and has still not received a payment. It shows up on every list, and "darkcoind masternode list" shows ":1" by my IP.

When I'm watching my debug log I do occasionally see "peer=xxx says we are misbehaving 20." Any idea what that means and if it has an effect?

Thanks!
EDIT (6/28/2014)
New clients have been released and more changes have been made. Current versions are v9.11.5 and v10.11.5. It is important that all solo-miners and pool operators update to the correct clients! Miners make the network work, and as such you need to use the right client versions, stay up to date and keep our blockchain healthy and stable!

You can find the new client software on the official downloads page of www.Darkcoin.io.

https://www.darkcoin.io/getstarted.html

*** PLEASE UPDATE TO 9.11.5 OR 10.11.5 ***

Windows Users:
v9.11.5
v10.11.5

Linux Users:
Ubuntu v10.11.5 GUI Wallet/Client
Ubuntu v10.11.5 Darkcoind Daemon

Mac Users:
v9.11.5 Wallet/Client

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/please-update-your-darkcoin-clients.1602/
Perfect spot for page bump, 101...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
shojayxt
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:27:47 PM

What you don't seem to realize is that retailers are not looking for anonymity.  

Darkcoin still has transaction fee's.

I think you underestimate the bitcoin infrastructure and money behind it that is already in place.  It's only going to grow as more and more businesses adopt bitcoin as a payment method.  Anyone that thinks Darkcoin will ever surpass bitcoin is just plain wrong.  I think what's happened here is all you guys get together and pump each other up.  You all seem really concerned about anonymity and that's just fine.  But the majority of people could care less.  Bitcoin is becoming a household name.    

I take it you have limited experience running a business in a competitive market sector? Of course businesses value their privacy. Huh

What you don't seem to realise is just how important shaving 1-2% off your overheads is to most businesses. DRK transaction fees are an order of magnitude lower that CC companies.

I've been self employed running my own business at times with several employee's for over twenty years.

There will be fee's for businesses to convert that Darkcoin to fiat.  And if the current trend with cryptocurrency is to rape the user as much as possible, the fee's could likely surpass what CC clearing houses currently charge.

And what market sectors are you talking about that require this additional secrecy?  How is their privacy compromised today?

I keep hearing this argument about businesses using Darkcoin to prevent their competitors from knowing what they are doing but I don't hear of any practical examples as to why  businees would benefitt from Darkcoin.  Please elaborate on this as It's been a talking point for some time but I don't see it as a valid argument for why Darkcoin is going to be widely adopted.  
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:31:05 PM

Thanks!

Patience! One of my MNs still hasn't been paid either. It will come.

Ignore the 'misbehaving' thing, I get that too on MNs that have been paid. If your daemon reports ':1' you're good.
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 09:31:34 PM

if the current trend with cryptocurrency is to rape the user as much as possible, the fee's could likely surpass what CC clearing houses currently charge.
Morbid curiosity from the quotes other people made drove me to unignore you...

What color is the sky on your planet? There is absolutely no way you can be competent enough to run businesses and make the above statement at the same time. Abso-fucking-lutely no fucking way. Fucking.

You're not just a Troll. You're a liar and a fraud.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
CryptoPleb

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:32:02 PM

Thanks!

Im in the same boat as you, all up to date and still no payment after a couple days. Guess our only option is to wait.
shojayxt
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:32:54 PM

I obviously can't read or I'd know this troll attempt doesn't make sense.
Why do you assume that they must be different people?

Masternode holders ARE ALSO the most active darkcoin miners.
Even if mining alone is not profitable.... why should a masternode holder not also be a miner himself?

Suddenly makes the whole endeavour seem VERY profitable, doesn't it?
C'mon man, don't quote the trolls...

You are pretty funny.  Changing peoples posts when you quote them.

You think you're pretty clever don't you?  

I would engage in your pathetic childish behavior but since you are basically a nobody I'll let you continue on with your ignorance and sickening attacks on others.  

It must really suck to be you.  But hey, you're a big Darkcoin holder.  Whoop dee doo.

Based on your post history, you're invested in coins that are basically DOA. I highly doubt that you're doing better than Camosoul. Certainly not in the cognition department.

I'm invested in coins that are DOA?  Is the DRK I'm holding DOA?  Is the Monero I mined in the beginning and have sold off to the tune of 70+ btc while still holding a quite substantial chunk DOA?  Same thing with BBR.  I have been doing very well with regards to what coins I mine and other coins I invest in.  While people like you were too busy brainwashed by the cult of Darkcoin.  People have been making money hand over fist on other coins.  I sold most of my Darkcoin at the peak and have since continued to make money off of it by buying it for lower than what I sell it for.

I'm not in a competition with a worthless piece of garbage like camosoul.  And I don't think he needs you coming out to defend him.  He's quite capable of that himself.  What I wonder is why you felt the need to inject yourself into someone else's pointless internet squabble.

I know you from the Polo TrollBox!

If anyone even mentioned DRK in chat you were all over them calling DRK a scamcoin and trying to convince them why XC was so much better...

Bought XC on the pump perhaps?

He he he.  

No I've never pumped XC.  You must mean XMR and BBR.  If I did talk trash about DRK it was because I was likely trying to pick some up cheap.  I'm not doing this out of some belief.  I'm doing this stuff for profit.

I do however think that I have conducted myself in a somewhat respectful manner in this thread.  Except for a few childish squabbles with one or two obnoxious and rude members of this community.

But hey, they call it a troll box for a reason.  Not fair to bring that up.  What happens in the troll box should stay in the troll box.
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 09:34:24 PM

Thanks!
Patience! One of my MNs still hasn't been paid either. It will come.

Ignore the 'misbehaving' thing, I get that too on MNs that have been paid. If your daemon reports ':1' you're good.
Other nodes that are misbehaving themselves, may be considering you to be the misbehaving one. Enforcement will shut them up. Think of it as giving the pimp hand to them for backtalking to you like this for so long...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:35:28 PM

And what market sectors are you talking about that require this additional secrecy?  How is their privacy compromised today?

I keep hearing this argument about businesses using Darkcoin to prevent their competitors from knowing what they are doing but I don't hear of any practical examples as to why  businees would benefitt from Darkcoin.  Please elaborate on this as It's been a talking point for some time but I don't see it as a valid argument for why Darkcoin is going to be widely adopted.  

Really?

You and I are competitors. If you use bitcoin I can, with a little effort, deduce who your suppliers are and what you're paying them, and who you're customers are and what their spend with you is.

Information has value. Ever hear of Google or Facebook?
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 09:35:41 PM

...they call it a troll box for a reason. Not fair to bring that up. What happens in the troll box should stay in the troll box.
Looks like a confession to me...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 09:40:53 PM

Darkpool Official Statement

http://drkpool.com/

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 09:41:01 PM

Information has value to those who understand it and know how to use it; which is very few.

An overwhelming majority of people still can't use google, so, excellent self-evident example of an argument to the contrary of your own point... ;-)

The differences between DRK and BTC are not going to be helpful int he market place until BTC itself is a major player in that same market place, and it isn't. The shortcomings of BTC can't be a detriment worth considering if BTC itself isn't even a player... Thus, the solution to that problem is even less functionally useful...

Admit reality. The only people who see DRK as useful right now are Darknet Markets. That was the first place that BTC found broad adoption, too. So, it will be the first place where the flaws of BTC are considered important enough to do something about... Free market currency will be first adopted and innovated in, guess what, free markets. So-called "Legitimate Business" is not even close to the free market... Which proves it isn't really legitimate business at all, just a stoolie for the guv that grants them immunity from civil suits via incorporation. But, I digress...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 09:43:40 PM

Darkpool Official Statement

http://drkpool.com/

Sharing the successful attack vector would help harden others. Admitting to something fantastically noobish would earn respect from smart people even if it dashes confidence with derps.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
vleroybrown

Activity: 1143
Merit: 506

This is who we are.

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:45:04 PM

Information has value to those who understand it and know how to use it; which is very few.

An overwhelming majority of people still can't use google, so, excellent self-evident example of an argument to the contrary of your own point... ;-)

The differences between DRK and BTC are not going to be helpful int he market place until BTC itself is a major player in that same market place, and it isn't. The shortcomings of BTC can't be a detriment worth considering if BTC itself isn't even a player... Thus, the solution to that problem is even less functionally useful...

Admit reality. The only people who see DRK as useful right now are Darknet Markets. That was the first place that BTC found broad adoption, too. So, it will be the first place where the flaws of BTC are considered important enough to do something about... Free market currency will be first adopted and innovated in, guess what, free markets. So-called "Legitimate Business" is not even close to the free market... Which proves it isn't really legitimate business at all, just a stoolie for the guv that grants them immunity from civil suits via incorporation. But, I digress...
If its commonly called the darkmarket then why the hell world you want the currency of it to be Bitcoin.  I think that issue is so huge that many of the bitcoin believers don't like to admit it.  Out of the people I talk to that have heard about BTC I would sat 50% heard about it because of the SR, but I talk to alot of younger people who don't take a bunch of pharma.
shojayxt
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:47:36 PM

Really?

You and I are competitors. If you use bitcoin I can, with a little effort, deduce who your suppliers are and what you're paying them, and who you're customers are and what their spend with you is.

I don't see that as an argument for adopting Darkcoin.  Businesses will just continue to use standard banking services.

Business to business adoption of cryptocurrency is a long ways off.  Businesses need professional services.   If the recent fork fiasco's, poor management and poor communication are any indication of how Darkcoin will operate in the future then it is definitely not a candidate for business adoption.  Would you trust your money with an entity that can't even communicate effectively?  Over six months and there still isn't a focused, professional communicator for Darkcoin.  Darkcoin will never be adopted by any legitimate business until it starts acting like a business itself, communicates effectively, and conducts itself in a professional manner.  Right now it more closely resembles a ragtag group of high school misfits conducting a science experiment than anything else.  
Pages: « 1 ... 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 [2002] 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: